Final Fantasy: Brave Exvius

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Apparently the 10 nrg dark espers trial is worth 130k unit xp, which I hear is a pretty good xp ratio

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
Alright boys, Dark Esper trial complete, all missions accomplished (took two kills though).

First time I went in with a 5 man team all of my own (no friend), and I wasn't sure if the missions were mistranslated or truly changed, so not only did I do 5 man mission, both esper evokes, I ALSO did a no item run because I thought maybe that was the actual mission (from JP). Well, I almost had a no deaths as well, but Ifrit went apeshit one round and killed two people. I think maybe I forgot to do breaks that round, I need to watch my video and see what happened.

Team: Cecil, Ling, Refia, Cerius, Noctis, (no friend)

Video with 5 man / double evoke / no items: (warning, VERY LONG thanks to no pure dps unit)

So with those missions complete, I went back in with a friend unit to deal some actual damage (Orlandeau) and I used items, so the second kill for the no deaths took less than half the time.

Video of no death run: (same team + Orlandeau friend)

This trial was a nice challenge, though it was really long (maybe due to me not having the proper dps units like Orlandeau). Cerius putting in work! I originally had Minfilia as the resist buffer, but I liked the auto-refresh of Cerius instead, and him being able to dualcast some of his buffs meant he could spend turns defending for thresholds etc, while Minfilia literally can't ever defend or her buffs drop off. I'm glad I've been spending time focusing on "PvE" trust rewards like tank/healer equipment. Definitely worked in my favor, since even without items, I could have gone on literally forever and not ran out of mana. Slow and steady wins the race I guess?

I setup my friend unit as Noctis with gear for this trial (some resist, status immunity, etc). He's like 950'ish atk now with his new toys, but Orlandeau's probably a better friend unit for this trial.

Fun facts, I wasted a bunch of evergy on this trial for stupid reasons:

INT trial: I went in thinking it would be faceroll so I had a whatever team + Gilgamesh friend to carry me. The Gilg friend had pure darkness weapons equipped, and my Noctis had Deathbringer equipped. Had to just give up cuz no one could hurt anything, lol

ELT first run: I took off deathbringer from my Noctis and gave him Fryevia's ice sword instead, thinking it would speed up killing Ifrit. Hey guess what, Siren's immune to ice.... the fuck? Wasted 40 energy ftw

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
No mention of the darkness immunity, but the ice immunity on siren was mentioned in the announcement, wasn't it?

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
they inexplicably changed SIren from Water to Ice. Because Gumi is a bunch of retards who must change things for no reason.

*edit*

Does he resist breaks?

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
The ice resist thing may have been in the announcement, but like Gavin mentioned, I just assumed based on the JP version (my mistake!).

Does he resist breaks?

Thankfully, no, neither one ever resisted a break.

To be honest the trial was extremely controllable (I killed Siren to get rid of the mana drains, then worked on Ifrit). I think that one round he did extreme damage on my first kill I accidentally let my resist buffs fall off.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
The worst thing about dailying Lunafreyevialesca is that I have a single Ingus at 70%, so even if I wanted to run her, I don't have shit to put on her.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
Used my 4* ticket hoping to get a Xon... Hope #3. Fuck this erf.

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
After almost an hour of doing egg summons, I used up the 780,000 eggs I banked for the banner update. End result is 26 heavicrysts for enhancements and 440 rainbow eggs (so 4 of the purecrysts). I'm a catch em all kind of player, so I guess I'll be farming eggs some more this week to buy all 8 of the purecrysts.

Feels bad that I'm about to vendor 140% of Freyvia's moogles and almost 200% of Xon's moogles, and that's after completing one of each of their TM's already. Wish the patch to combine moogles was already here.

Tiphares

Golden Squire
I'm going to end up vendoring a ton of trust moogles as well. I was kind of hoping for a 2nd Xon just because, but I'm happy with the one I pulled with a ticket. I'm saving my 4* ticket for the next Mog King banner and hope it's a bonus unit.

fris

Vyemm Raider
jesus tap dancing christ

my 2 orlandeaus, companion orlandeau, 2 turn kill elite. cecil to dispel. ling to debuff. wargarbargle chain and each die in 1 round. ifrit dies first, bird heals despite not taking any damage. i hear you just need 2 orlandeaus to make it work.

now i just need to find the motivation to run again and live long enough for the esper challenge

Angelwatch

Trakanon Raider
I know I have all the pieces to beat the Esper trial but I haven't sat down and figured out the way to do it yet. Now that the anniversary stuff for FFRK is over I'll probably take a closer look in the next day or so.

With that said what are some tips for someone with solid units but not the capability to one shot the bosses?

Vinen

God is dead
Ended up beating it with 5 man then running again with 6 for the other shit

Cecil, Ling, Orlando, Orlando (friend), Refia, Marie

Pretty fucking easy. Think it would be easy swapping Marie with the shit char from FF14 as well.

All Cecil was there is to use his LB :shrug:

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
With that said what are some tips for someone with solid units but not the capability to one shot the bosses?

I did it the regular way with Cecil, Refia, Ling, Cerius, Noctis (5 man mission). To summarize the fight in a few bullet points:

Get as close to 100% resist to Dark, Fire, Water (after buffs) as you possibly can.
I stacked mana regen, but since there's no item restrictions, you can just throw a bunch of elixirs/chocolates and not worry about mana much.
ALWAYS dispel the buffs they put up, and re-break Ifrit's ATK immediately. With their buffs removed, your team full resist buffed, and Ifrit broken, the damage is actually very tame, and the fight can be easily solo healed, maybe even without dualcast (maybe).

I personally killed Siren first to get rid of that pain in the ass osmose. Once Siren was dead, Ifrit's damage goes up, but there's no more gimmicky stuff like mana drain, so it's extremely straightforward to just work him down, which is fairly safe with buff management. I recommend you guard the squishies on the threshold attacks if they're not tied up with a specific duty that round.

Don't def or spr break Ifrit, and don't blind Siren. Bring confusion and sleep immunity.

Edit: Oh yeah, and when Siren dies, Ifrit gives your team a full break debuff which lasts 3 rounds. Recommend you turtle up and guard as many people as possible for 3 rounds and wait it out.

Last edited:

Tiphares

Golden Squire
Or bushido freedom with your support unit. I don't have Ling, so I will probably bring Xon to steal/dispel the buffs and use bushido freedom to clear any debuffs and throw out items. I still need a few more cactuars to max him out, then I'll give the trial a serious go. I like Minfilia for her innate status immunities at lvl 100. Besides, I never leveled Cerius past *5 80.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
So has everyone figured out that gil is pretty much irrelevant to enhancement costs? lol

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Vinen

God is dead
So has everyone figured out that gil is pretty much irrelevant to enhancement costs? lol

Cant wait till F2P start working on getting T4 materials. Done around 1500 Lapis worth of refreshes (118 energy) and gotten a whopping

2 Support T4
4 Healing T4

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
yeah farming T4 from vortex is aids encrusted aids and I'm not gonna do it. None of the current enhancements are worth it anyway, so I'll just wait for story events.

Vinen

God is dead
yeah farming T4 from vortex is aids encrusted aids and I'm not gonna do it. None of the current enhancements are worth it anyway, so I'll just wait for story events.

Nice edit :> Guess you didn't get T4 from the gacha.