Final Fantasy: Brave Exvius

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
Pulled 7 times or so on the banner with a bunch of summon tickets I had stashed and the 4* rate was great, but the units mostly sucked. Highlight was a Zidane and a Firion, so now it's time to level them up and maybe figure out how to automate TM farming (which is fucking stupid that it's the only way to really earn those).

I did the first 3 levels of the new event and it was easy, but I'm worried about the last level. I'll try to farm up one blade material, but god damn the Demon-Heart event fucking killed me.

I did manage to get just enough moogle cakes to get the shield, which is on my Exdeath leader (along with the charm bracelet for the event).

I'm running Exdeath (L), Artemios, Lenna, Garland, and Lasswell, so I'm not certain I'll excel at this event :(

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
It's going to be rough.

Use Kefka friends. Make sure you have Deprotect learned on at least one of your espers. Give Ifrit to Garland so he can combine Man-Eater with Raging Fist. Artemios is already set with Man-Eater and Barrage. Fill your LB before each boss, esper too if you need it to win (I only use esper on last boss because filling it each time takes way too long). Don't cast spells against Amoeba, if you do it will retaliate with Osmose and then you're fucked. LBs and abilities (including Kefka's Hyperdrive and Lenna's Cheer) are ok. You need to kill it fast, because the Drain it does is huge damage. Next two bosses are basically the same. Stick Power Break and Deprotect as fast as you can (they will resist it) and then just burn them down slowly. As long as Lenna doesn't run out of MP you shouldn't lose. Fill LB and use a tent between gigas and ogre. Be aware that ogre can blind (very rarely) and paralyze (more common). Ogre also resists lightning so make sure Exdeath is using Firaga or Blizzaga.

I wouldn't equip Charm Bracelet btw. It makes filling LB more annoying. Just autobattle the groups of 2-3 and hit the 6-packs 5x then Escape. You're going to want max MAG on Exdeath for this, i.e. Hero Rings.

-------------------------------------------------

Are people really getting an average of 13 ores from each run? I've only gotten more than 10 twice now, and my average is more like 9-10. Almost done anyway, but it's pretty annoying to have to do it ~17 times to get the ore for two swords.

Last edited:

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
I got 14 my first run (which was painful as fuck), I'm gonna need to go through with the strategy above.

Any suggestions on units? I feel like I"m missing some pretty powerful equipment (hero rings being one of them). Guess it's time to get farming.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
How hard is advanced caverns of plenty? Would a single high level friend be enough to carry me through?

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
How hard is advanced caverns of plenty? Would a single high level friend be enough to carry me through?
The ore to make the final sword doesn't drop until the Pro version, so I'm not sure you get a lot more from it.

A single whale Chizaru or Vorph's Kefka should be fine for it though, I'd think.

Angelwatch

Trakanon Raider
I don't remember Advanced being all that difficult. You should be ok if you just beeline for the exit and kill the boss with your high level friend unit. It's an extra 100 Lapis too.

Don't even bother with Pro. It's very difficult until you have a max level team.

Vorph

I got 14 my first run (which was painful as fuck), I'm gonna need to go through with the strategy above.

Any suggestions on units? I feel like I"m missing some pretty powerful equipment (hero rings being one of them). Guess it's time to get farming.
Replace Lasswell with Firion as soon as you can. Keep pulling 250's until the event ends and pray you at least get CoD or Kefka, or if RNGesus really likes you that day, Chizuru/WoL.

And yeah, Hero Rings are absolutely must-have on mage units, and if possible on any phys attack units that have more than 100 base ATK. Which for you is Exdeath and Garland. I'd also get a pair on Firion, since he can have pretty high MAG if you give him Enhancer, Stellar Shield, and a pair of rings, which helps him be a better backup Cura caster. Artemios is pretty much a wash since he has 102 ATK and no need for MAG. If you happen to get CoD, Kefka, or Chizuru they need rings as well. WoL doesn't benefit from the ATK over Hyper Wrists, but rings are a minor boost to his tanking ability.

Farming them sucks though. I have almost enough fire megacrysts for 4 rings thanks to the dwarf forge runs I did for flour last week, but practically no ice at all. Not even sure what the best spot to farm. I'm probably just going to bot Maranda Coast to get some unit XP for my CoD.

Last edited:

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
So is it standard to increase your friend list size a bit or do people just roll with the default 25? How many do you need to macro earth shrine? Or does the macro work as long as your friends list is full, so it never pops up the prompt to add a friend?

Vorph

Yeah, TM macro needs full friend list to avoid that prompt. You also need an extra click in there to clear the 4AM (EST) popup for the daily login reward if you're going to do it overnight. You can place it so that it does nothing on every other run.

I increased my friend list to 40. Most of my whales are from the FFBE ADD ME group on Facebook though, so I'm not sure increasing it in game was really necessary.

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
I expanded to 80 friend slots, but that was like the very first thing I did in game before I knew about facebook stuff (maxing friends is usually a top priority in these games).

So I made one splendor sword, and now I'm working on the wood/copper for the second. It blows that you need 480 wood total for a sword, and running earth shrine exploration ~120 times on average is a huge headache, but at least with a charm bangle I can knock out a ES exploration in about 40 seconds.

I finished off two more of my TM projects recently: doublehand and barrage. Having the barrage materia is nice because it can turn anyone with decent equipment options into a strong unit. Now my Locke with enhancer does respectable damage, which is nice. Doublehand is like the poor mans version of dual wield, but at least it's something. It's going to be awesome on cloud of darkness + rising sun once she goes 6* since she can't use shields anyway, so there's no downside.

Angelwatch

Trakanon Raider
Run the Lands of Plenty 5 NRG exploration for Lumber while its still open. People did the math and figured out that it's more efficient than Earth Shrine.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Yeah, TM macro needs full friend list to avoid that prompt. You also need an extra click in there to clear the 4AM (EST) popup for the daily login reward if you're going to do it overnight. You can place it so that it does nothing on every other run.

So how do I do this short of staying up until 3am?

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
I generally don't do the macro when it's going to roll over into the dailies resetting. I'll set it to run X amount of times when I go to bed then the next day I'll set it again when I wake up. There's probably a way to get around the daily quest prompt, but it's not too big a deal to me to worry about it.

So this latest event has shown me that the escape skill can actually be really useful, which means I'm now saving Paul's from friend summons to get a copy of his escape materia for future teams that may not include it innately. Kinda wish I had known, since I've sold tons of Pauls in the past. Speaking of friend point TM's, here's a list I made of the FP summons that have a useful TM you should save, ranked roughly in order of usefulness:

Montana -- Camouflage
Ollie -- Aquan Killer
KingGiott -- Stone Killer
Skaha -- Dragon Killer
Kenyu -- Raging Fist
Paul -- Escape
Anastasis -- Regen (regen gets overhauled in a future patch and it's very strong afterwards)
Rizer -- HP +10%

These have very situational usefulness, but may come in handy:

Mizell -- Deprotect
Ronaldo -- Drain Blade
Carrie -- Sunbeam
Paula -- Stonra
Tronn -- Fira
Leah -- Banish
Mel -- Drink

All other friend units are not worth it and should be vendored immediately (imo).

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
It depends on your progress and needs. If you're desperately short on gold, you can level them (either with experience vortex or cactuars) then sell them for a nice chunk of cash. Thing is though, if you're short on gold, then you're at a point in the game where chances are your main team needs that exp way more than some vendor trash units, so in the end, it's probably not worth it anyway.

Once you finish story content and start TM grinding, you're going to have infinite gold, so I wouldn't worry too much about it early on.

Last edited:

Vorph

I cant take it anymore. I need a good lumber farming macro.
It's possible, but you can't macro explorations without first killing off all the random encounters. Still should be able to complete Earth Shrine in less than 15 minutes though, I think there's only like 14 fights. You'd also need to use AHK, because the built in macroing for Nox is too limited in scope.

Oh wait, there's already one posted on the github where some dude has been collecting macros. I didn't notice it last time I checked.

GitHub - mczee/autoExvius

Edit: Unfortunately neither of the scripts posted there are working for me. One clicks in the wrong spots, the other just doesn't work at all.

Last edited:

Vorph

Something else I just noticed about your Exdeath, you don't have 4x +10% MAG materia on him. It's so easy to get that every mage should have 4 of them. Just need a key to unlock the silver chest in Maranda Coast and then craft them. Mats are completely trivial and crafting time is only 5 minutes.

I like to give the +20% MP to Lenna, along with 3 more +10% MP that I crafted.
Yolo'ed this morning... WoL!
Nice, you're pretty much set now once you level him and Firion up. Pure phys team with Lenna and friend Kefka (or another phys like Chizuru/Fencer/etc.) will be able to clear anything we've seen so far.