Final Fantasy: Brave Exvius

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
Yeah I just started making the +10% Mag abilities now, so I'll slap those on Exdeath immediately. I'm blowing through all the saved +energy login rewards now leveling Zidane, WoL, and Firion.

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
Farmed up enough wood for my second shining splendor sword. It's not too bad farming lands of plenty BGN zone. 5 energy for on average 7-10 lumber, so about 50 runs over a few days. Tomorrow's the last day of the event, so make sure to get your farming in now. Tomorrow is also the last day that king mog will accept mooncakes, so make sure you cash out completely before it's too late.

There's a good chance we're getting another story mode update at the end of the week, which should add in another esper (diabolos) and a bunch of new maps. Maybe some new trials as well. Take the next few days to get your teams ready! Those new swords should help.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
lol I barely even started the second island, I've been spending the majority of my energy grinding the catacombs exit for rank.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Event screen says 'until 9/23 04:00' so that's Friday at reset time. You've got two days if you want to farm lumber at BGN instead of Earth Shrine. Really wish one of those macros would have worked. I'm only averaging 5-7 lumber so it's really fucking tedious.

King Mog does go away Thursday morning though. Just finished up the last of my crafting. I assume there's no reason to keep the other ingredients once you run out of flour?

Hopefully they announce the next banner tomorrow. It could be the Brave Frontier one, which would mean Tilith. She's pretty meh at 5*, but at 6* she gets AE 2500 hp and 50 mp heal to everyone but herself. So you run two of them and the other 4 units get 5k hp and 100mp per turn and the Tiliths each get half that. She has passive +10MP regen too, so with the max possible MP pool they can sustain casting it for over 100 turns. Pretty game-breaking if they don't nerf it for GL. They've hinted that units like Orlandu could be nerfed before they make it over here and she's at least as broken so going nuts trying to get her (4*) could be risky.

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
The way I understand it is that the event ingredients have no value once the event ends. I sure hope that's the case, because I sold all the extra crafting stuff once I ran out of enough to make cakes.

I'm probably only going to be doing maybe 1-3 half priced pulls per banner for a long time to come. I'm going to be saving most everything for Gilgamesh or Orlandu way down the road. They''re 5* base so I'll likely never see them, but hey, why not aim for the stars! With the recent addition of CoD, my team's mostly future proof at this point anyway, and I'm sure I'll land a few new toys just from noise pulls.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
3* CoD from my discount this morning. Awww yeah.

and got great success on a quintuple gigantaur fuse. Awww yeah.

*edit*

Ludmille, Charlotte, and Lightning coming on the 23rd, 6* awakens coming on the 30th.

Last edited:

Vorph

I have no illusions about actually getting Lightning for myself, which sucks because if there's one unit I'd want simply because of liking FF it's her (at least until there's a XII banner and Balthier and Ashe get added). I'm sure there will be half a dozen whales in my list who pull until they get her anyway.

Have to at least pull until I get Ludmille and Charlotte though. Dual Cast is a must have TM, and Charlotte's a better tank than Leo or Amarant.

Wish we knew which units are getting 6*. JP apparently got Cecil and CoD upgrades first, then Exdeath and Bartz a few weeks later. Plus a bunch more like Lightning, Snow, Ramza, and Delita who were 6* from the moment they were introduced. Guess it doesn't really matter since they all use the same materials (5 each out of a pool of 6) and the materials aren't something you can just farm whenever you want.

Vorph

No Boco for you!

We'll eventually get Orlandu though, and they were faithful to the original when they designed him. He's just as ridiculously OP in FFBE as he was in FFT when you first get him.

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
Think I may go for at least one Ludmille. Dual cast TM is a long term winner which will always be useful.

I'd caution everyone to not go hard for Lightning. She's awesome, and will be MVP for a long time if you get her, but if you already have 1 or 2 dps units that get a 6* upgrade, you should be fine. Cloud, Bartz, and Exdeath have 6* forms right around the corner (Cecil too, but he's shit dps). Chizuru, Garland, and Firion get 6* forms a few weeks after that, and everyone gets 6* Rain and eventually Lasswell too.

As awesome as Lightning is right now, she's overshadowed by even more OP units down the road.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Is chamber of awakening int the best place for farplane dew and deepsea bloom? I need 2 more dew to awaken CoD and 5 blooms to awaken Lenna.

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
For evolution materials, INT chamber is generally considered the best yes. ADV is 50% more energy for almost identical drops.

That said, all evolution materials drop from storyline areas except for Holy and Sacred crystals (they drop from some bosses, but very rarely and aren't realistic to farm outside of vortex). You can also steal them from a lot of enemies (check the wiki to see who has what). I forget where exactly, but fairly early on you get the recipe to craft the steal materia, and it's super cheap. I recommend you craft 5 copies of steal and put one on each of your team while doing the story stuff.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
BTW the daily discount summon is basically there to drain your lapis. Best bet is to save until you hit 5k lapis and do the 11 with a guaranteed 4*.

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
Eventually, when gold and rainbow crystals can't give you 3* base units, I'd agree that the 11x summon is superior, because you're guaranteed a special unit. Today though, way more often than not, you paid an extra 2500 lapis to get a 4* Fran or some other garbage.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
BTW the daily discount summon is basically there to drain your lapis. Best bet is to save until you hit 5k lapis and do the 11 with a guaranteed 4*.

I asked on day one if the daily summon was just a lapis sink and was told that it's a good deal. So which is it?

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
I asked on day one if the daily summon was just a lapis sink and was told that it's a good deal. So which is it?

I suppose it's just a matter of opinion really. As far as value, the 1/2 off summon is way superior at 250 lapis per summon.
The package deal is 5000 lapis for 11, which is 454 lapis per summon, with the bonus that one of those 11 is an automatic gold crystal.

So with the package summon, you end up paying an extra 2244 lapis for that gold crystal. The rate's of featured banner units are about 30%.

Is a 30% chance of a featured 4* unit worth 2244 extra lapis? I say it's not, but the decision is up to you in the end.

Vorph

Since the gold crystal has no effect on what's in it, you're still only looking at about a 2% chance of getting WoL or Chizuru in the current banner.

IMO the correct way to pull is to do 250's each day and if you didn't get what you want by the last day only then should you consider doing a 5k pull. Even then I'd probably exhaust my supply of tickets first. I'm not saying you should pull the 250 every day, just when there's a banner going on that you still need units from (and not just a single 4*). It's only a lapis sink if you use it foolishly.

Should be interesting to see what the upcoming banner is like once some data is collected. If I had to guess based on previous ones and JP releases I'd say it will probably be 7.25% / 7.25% / 0.5%.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Haha my last int awakening run of the night got me my 5th deepsea bloom, so I'll awaken Lenna in the morning (she's close enough to max that if I used a gigantaur almost half would be wasted) and I already awakened Rain and CoD to 4* today. Think after I awaken Lenna I'm just gonna push all the way through story mode until I get to dwarves' forge.

Angelwatch

Trakanon Raider
With CoD, WOL, and Lenna you've got a good core of characters. A Kefka would be good for you to give yourself some magic options. Rain is pretty solid for a story unit and he will be able to get to 6 stars down the road with Fullbreak (less important for you since you have WOL).

I'm sure you are but make sure you're knocking out colleseum battles every chance you get. There's a ton of Lapis in them as well as some good abilities and equipment. The final Beginner boss is kind of a pain (Europa) but it takes time to reach him.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Yeah I'm holding out hope for Kefka or Exdeath. Kefka may be better now, but his 6* rating is 11.0 and Exdeath's is 12.5, which is the highest rating among all the 6*. I'll save Rain for the absolute last to 6* in the hopes of drawing a better 6* phys damage dealer before then, or even a top tier 5* and just wait to see whose 6* awakens come along next.

I wonder how Shantotto will rate if she ever gets a 5* awaken.