Final Fantasy: Brave Exvius

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Did you already have a cache of holy crystals or something? Cause I haven't gotten a single one yet and I need 4 more to 5* Lenna, and she's the last 5* I need to have a fully awakened party until I find someone to replace Shantotto.

I'm gonna try and max Kain, Galuf, and Rydia for whenever their 5* awakens hit global, but right now the only spare 5* heroes I have are Charlotte and Ludmille, which are far from ideal replacements for Shantotto. Really hard to argue with access to all 6 gay spells.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
Chamber of Awakening Int (10 energy) drops both holy and sacred crystals. Chamber of Awakening Pro (15 energy) drops both but more frequently drops holy. The problem is that you need 5 sacred to go from 3* to 4* and then you need 10 sacred and 5 holy to go from 4* to 5*. So you end up needing 15 sacred and only 5, but they drop rate is like 1.1:1 in the 10 energy version. As well they don't drop elsewhere efficiently.

So once you farm up sacred for a few 3->4 and 4->5 evolutions, you are usually at a surplus of holy crystals.

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
Just do the INT awakening 3x each day as your daily quest for vortexes (when there's no special vortex active that is) and you should always have enough evolution materials.

I figured since I had 3 of 4 great daily pulls, I should do another on this banner... got Maria (like my 5th dupe). That sealed the deal for me, I'm holding from here.

Gumi such a tease with not releasing more info on the event coming on the 30th. WTB more 6* units!

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
yeah except I've only had to farm the mats for a pair of 4* awakens, rain and lenna. Shantotto came at 4*, WoL and Leo came at 5*. Guess if I get all the xp I want out of the maze before it's over I'll just have to switch to pro chamber.

Just do the INT awakening 3x each day as your daily quest for vortexes (when there's no special vortex active that is) and you should always have enough evolution materials.

I figured since I had 3 of 4 great daily pulls, I should do another on this banner... got Maria (like my 5th dupe). That sealed the deal for me, I'm holding from here.

Gumi such a tease with not releasing more info on the event coming on the 30th. WTB more 6* units!

That's not a bad idea going forward.

So I googled something about final fantasy and found this thread, I didn't read all 32 pages but it seems some people are still new. This is my recommendation on how to play the game min / max.

Frist the best units in the game are

DEBUFF / DAMAGE:
Vaan: Vaan - Final Fantasy Brave Exvius Wiki or Warrior of the Light: Warrior of Light - Final Fantasy Brave Exvius Wiki
these two units are a more or less must have seeing that they have full break, which without it it will be extremely hard for you to kill any end game boss. Most units have some form of break, but if you use full break you are breaking everything thus leaving your other 5 units ( including a friend ) to wreak havoc. However if you do not have either of these units I would strongly suggest only friending people who do so you almost always have a full break on hand.

HEALERS / SUPPORT:
Garnet: Garnet - Final Fantasy Brave Exvius Wiki or Lenna: Lenna - Final Fantasy Brave Exvius Wiki
these two units are currently the best healers in game, garnet is simply better because she has revive.

PHYSICAL DAMAGE:
Chizuru: Chizuru - Final Fantasy Brave Exvius Wiki, or Fencer: Fencer - Final Fantasy Brave Exvius Wiki
Chizuru is hands down the highest damage champ in the game at the moment. One of her abilities allows her to hit 4 times its op. The fencer is good but not as good.

MAGIC DAMAGE:
Kefka: Kefka - Final Fantasy Brave Exvius Wiki or Tellah: Tellah - Final Fantasy Brave Exvius Wiki
Kefka is the best due to the 35 unmitigated ability. But Tellah has osmoses which drains mana so essentially he is the best champ.

With this set up you can beat most mobs in the game. If they are geared accordingly.

Right now the best accessories in the game are the hero rings ( Hero's Ring - Final Fantasy Brave Exvius Wiki ) you get the recipe from completing trophies, its expensive to make, but each of your damage dealers / hybrid damage dealers should have one, and your healer should have a ribbon ( kefka's trust master ) to prevent them from any status aliments, and a hero ring.

ESPERS:

You get something like 10% of your espers stats. Most people don't know once you hit 30 on them you can go back to the shrine you found them, fight them again and make them 2 star with a whole new sheet of added stats, then once they hit 40 you can fight them again making them 3 star.

PERSONAL ADVICE:
1. Do all events they offer except the gillionaire.
2. Do not spend mats leveling up worthless units, a lot of the units are trash even at 5 star. Ferya for example is one, though she isn't the worst unit ( she has a 900hp regen whole team 3 turns ), the rest of her kit kind of stinks.
3. Do not do the daily 250 lapis summon. I know its half price, you get about 150 lapis a day sometimes 250 ( depending on what goal the app reached ). Save your lapis and spend the 5k on 10 summons which grants you at least one 5 star. Personally I have done like 4 - 5k summons, I have never gotten a 5 star unit, but I have gotten multiple 4 star units that could be upgraded to 5 star. The thing with the 250 lapis a day summon, is you are not guaranteed anything but a new hero, even if you get lucky it could be a 4 star Sabin ( which can't be upgraded to 5 star )
4. SPR MAG and ATK are three most important stats in the game. In that order. SPR = monster magic hits your for less ( most even npcs have a script that includes inflicting some sort of aoe magic damage ). MAG makes your abilities hit harder, and ATK makes your physical attacks hit harder.
5. Other than your healer you want to equip everyone with abilities that boost those stats. For example, using the list above, you don't need a Chizuru with poisona, equip her abilities boosting spr, mag, attack or hp. The only people I would recommend not doing this on is your healers if they are lacking a status aliment cure. You can also give your units abilities through their espers.
6. Make sure to equip each unit with the best esper. For example Rain has fire spells, he doesn't need Ifrit. Give him Shiva, so then you can set up combos with the other main story character.
7. The main story characters suck.
8. Quickest way to level is through the vortex - adv
9. Quickest way to sacred crystals is through the vortex - adv.
10. Fire megacryst farming should be done at dwarves forge exploration. Ice Megacryst farming should be done at Miranda Coasts exploration.
11. Keep saving your star quartz, nothing is out currently worth spending them on.
12. Do your daily quest daily, at a min you can do them all with 24 energy. 3 story = first stage three time ( about 2 minutes on auto )( 3 energy ) 2 exploration = earth shrine exploration ( 6 energy ) 3 vortex - adv inter ( 15 energy )
13. Farm your trust master. Pick a group as your main group, right now mine consist of Fencer, Chizuru, Lenna, Tellah, Cloud of Darkness. Run earth shrine stage 1 until you get this knot in your stomach and you think you will pass out then run it some more. If you get lucky you will get 1% trust for at least 1 of your heroes, or something like that. Also the trust also awards free items at the end of any stage you do, so its worth it.

CLOSING:

I don't know how much time people are able to play but this is my day is I wake up do 3 vortex adv for 45, then I turn that in to get 15 more, run 3 first stage, then 2 earth shrine exploration, then 3 coliseum, then craft a potion, then send gifts. At lunch I run more adv, then when I get home I run more of them, depending on what events are going on. But, if you have time it is well worth it to run Dwarves forge exploration, or Miranda Coast Exploration. They both ( If you do every battle in each section ( 15 a section ) for a total of 30 ), it will net you items that will help you ( like items to craft the hero ring ), along with magicite to upgrade your espers, and 60k exp. However it takes about 5-10 minutes to run these and clear all the battles.

Last edited:
Chamber of Awakening Int (10 energy) drops both holy and sacred crystals. Chamber of Awakening Pro (15 energy) drops both but more frequently drops holy. The problem is that you need 5 sacred to go from 3* to 4* and then you need 10 sacred and 5 holy to go from 4* to 5*. So you end up needing 15 sacred and only 5, but they drop rate is like 1.1:1 in the 10 energy version. As well they don't drop elsewhere efficiently.

So once you farm up sacred for a few 3->4 and 4->5 evolutions, you are usually at a surplus of holy crystals.

There are 2 other places the sacred drops, phaton forest ( the chimera ) exploration, and bandits hideout ( boss story mission ) though they may not be reliable, they would be a good reason to use those as your dailies.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
There's a whole lot of incorrect info in that post.

Units, mostly fine. Lightning is now the best damage unit though, and I'll take Lenna's Cheer over Garnet's Raise for a phys dps team any day.

Hero's Rings - only truly needed for attackers with 110+ base ATK and mages. Useless on healer, they should have gold armlets or muscle belts.

Espers - There is no 3* esper yet even in Japan.

3. Just wrong. The 4* (there's no guaranteed 5*) in a 5k pull can be anything. The one in my Lightning pull the other day was a Penelo. Unless you really want 11 units from a banner you're better off using any tickets you've hoarded and the 250 lapis daily.

4. SPR is barely even useful for healers. MAG for mages and ATK for phys dps is all that matters. Don't try to do hybrid damage, ever.
5. You absolutely do not want SPR or MAG on Chizuru. ATK is all she cares about. Since we don't yet have the ability to craft 10% ATK materia, the rest of the ability slots might as well just be HP if you don't have TM stuff like Blade Mastery or Dual Wield.

6. Esper abilities are largely irrelevant. You give Ifrit to your best damage dealer because he has the highest ATK. You give Ramuh to your best mage because he has the highest MAG (and also Osmose). Golem to the tank or second best phys dps. Shiva to the healer because she has balanced SPR/MAG/MP. Diabolos if you use two mages, can make use of demon killer/man-eater, or need the reduce encounters passive, Siren otherwise.

7. For now. Rain is very good at 6*. Fina doesn't suck now either. If I didn't have Lenna I'd use her over any other healer.

8. Quickest, yes. Most efficient is doing explores like Maranda Coast or Wind Shrine.
9. Nope, int is better for sacred crystals. Adv gives more holy than sacred.

11. Earrings are definitely worth spending them on. Rune Armlet is a recommended endgame item for a few units that we don't have yet (Trance .

13. You should choose TM farm units based on their TM usefulness only. CoD is a great phys dps, but her TM is fairly useless. My TM team is Chizuru, Zidane, Miyuki, Luna, and Locke; it's all about getting the best materia and ATK weapons.

There's a whole lot of incorrect info in that post.

Units, mostly fine. Lightning is now the best damage unit though, and I'll take Lenna's Cheer over Garnet's Raise for a phys dps team any day.

Hero's Rings - only truly needed for attackers with 110+ base ATK and mages. Useless on healer, they should have gold armlets or muscle belts.

Espers - There is no 3* esper yet even in Japan.

3. Just wrong. The 4* (there's no guaranteed 5*) in a 5k pull can be anything. The one in my Lightning pull the other day was a Penelo. Unless you really want 11 units from a banner you're better off using any tickets you've hoarded and the 250 lapis daily.

4. SPR is barely even useful for healers. MAG for mages and ATK for phys dps is all that matters. Don't try to do hybrid damage, ever.
5. You absolutely do not want SPR or MAG on Chizuru. ATK is all she cares about. Since we don't yet have the ability to craft 10% ATK materia, the rest of the ability slots might as well just be HP if you don't have TM stuff like Blade Mastery or Dual Wield.

6. Esper abilities are largely irrelevant. You give Ifrit to your best damage dealer because he has the highest ATK. You give Ramuh to your best mage because he has the highest MAG (and also Osmose). Golem to the tank or second best phys dps. Shiva to the healer because she has balanced SPR/MAG/MP. Diabolos if you use two mages, can make use of demon killer/man-eater, or need the reduce encounters passive, Siren otherwise.

7. For now. Rain is very good at 6*. Fina doesn't suck now either. If I didn't have Lenna I'd use her over any other healer.

8. Quickest, yes. Most efficient is doing explores like Maranda Coast or Wind Shrine.
9. Nope, int is better for sacred crystals. Adv gives more holy than sacred.

11. Earrings are definitely worth spending them on. Rune Armlet is a recommended endgame item for a few units that we don't have yet (Trance .

13. You should choose TM farm units based on their TM usefulness only. CoD is a great phys dps, but her TM is fairly useless. My TM team is Chizuru, Zidane, Miyuki, Luna, and Locke; it's all about getting the best materia and ATK weapons.

I would disagree with a lot of your post, but I only posted what worked for me and what I have read.

Lighting is the strongest unit right now, but she also has a very low chance of being gotten. As far as 3 is concerned. You are guaranteed at least a 4 star or higher unit. Yes it can be 4 star unit that can't be upgraded, but it could be a 4 star unit that could be upgraded. RNG is a bitch, but you have a better chance by summoning 5k at once then you do at summoning 1 at a time with lapis or summoning tickets.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Except if a banner lasts a week, you can get 7 discount pulls on the banner for 1750 lapis, compared to 5k for 11 pulls with a guaranteed 4*. I did my first 11 pull this week. Not only did I get zero banner units, my guaranteed 4* was Fran. In fact, if I hadn't pulled a 5* Leo, it would have been a disastrous waste of lapis, especially impressive considering that I'd only been playing a week and didn't even have that many heroes to begin with. Conversely, steadily plugging away with discount pulls this week has gotten me Charlotte, Ludmille, CoD, and Miyuki. So you're right, it's all about RNG, except if I'm willing to spread that 5k lapis out over 20 days, I get 20 summons instead of 11.

So like Vorph said, unless you REALLY want the banner units, 11 pulls are not worth it, and even if you really want the banner units, the odds of getting one from a single 11 pull are low enough that it's still very likely that you won't get any of them.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I just had the craziest idea. What if you put camouflage on Charlotte? It seems like you don't actually want her to be attacked directly, you want her intercept with royal armlet. If they ever do implement content where you really want/need a tank, you wouldn't want to use provoke on her because that would pretty much make armlet worthless. I don't see them ever releasing content so over-tuned that you can't survive without a draw+provoke combo because that would exclude such a huge portion of your player base (only 2 5* heroes get draw).

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
It's hard to say exactly how "required" tank units are in the future, since all we have are some secondhand comments from people on reddit who have played the japanese servers. So far for us at least, nothing has needed a dedicated tank unit. Unsure when that will change, but I'm sure there's going to be ways around it if a tank unit is an absolute must, such as just taking a whaled out friend or something.

Is it weird that I'm kind of annoyed I keep going 4-5 rooms deep in the maze when all I wanted to do was log in and burn my energy bar really fast before going out for food?

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Is it weird that I'm kind of annoyed I keep going 4-5 rooms deep in the maze when all I wanted to do was log in and burn my energy bar really fast before going out for food?

Seeing as how I just had three one and done runs in a row again, I don't know if it's weird but I definitely hate you.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
New heroes announced FFT theme, holy shit delita's TM. 118 atk dark elemental sword (hopefully 2h because otherwise wtf). 5* base, 6* max for Delita. Gaffgarion is also there, and Alma's TM is some niceish looking robe. Also Alma learns Ultima, which is odd since she's mainly healing orientated and has relatively low base MAG.

Angelwatch

Trakanon Raider
From my experience with Record Keeper I discovered that I'm one of the few people who doesn't get the massive hype over Tactics. As such I'm not terribly interested in the new units. Besides the chances of pulling Delita are tiny and the chances of pulling Gaffgarion isn't much better. Alma has a nice TM but I'm already way behind on TM farming for units I already have. I'll probably do haof off pulls for the duration of the event to see if I get lucky anywhere but nothing more than that.

With that said the event rewards look really good. I see a katana upgrade for Chizuru and some other nice things. I'm sure it will be a massive grind since that's how this game works. So I saved the energy compensation from today's downtime to help get a jump on the grind.

Also got my Cloud of Darkness to 5 star level 80 and am about to Awaken my Charlotte to a 5 star. The maze has been really good for experience and it's nice to blow 50 NRG in 5 minutes but I'm ready for something new.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Also Alma learns Ultima, which is odd since she's mainly healing orientated and has relatively low base MAG.

Probably has to do with her being possessed by Ultima's previous host at the end of FFT.

BTW guys, 6* CoD gets esunaga, although it's not actually called esunaga. Either way it's group esuna.

Vorph

King Mog already has his inventory up in advance of the FFT WotL event tomorrow. Notables:

It's going to cost 8000 auracite to get the mats for 6* Lightning. Or anyone else, if you want to collect them early for CoD, Exdeath, etc. It's always 50 total mats (20/10/10/5/5), all that varies is which 5 out of the 6 are needed and the quantity of each.

Ancient Stone and Bugross Ore are not sold, so that probably means you're limited to crafting 1(?) of each item. Mats for the shield cost 20 each; mats for the katana cost 20/30/50 each.

10 Star Quartz available for 1100 auracite.

10 tickets available for 6200 auractie.

Abilities are character specific (except Stone Throw which is probably trash). There's one for Ramza even though he's not part of this banner. Ramza and Delita's cost 6k, Agrias and Gaffgarion share the same one and it's 2k. Personally I have no interest in pulling on this banner, so meh.

Drop rate in JP was 90 auracite for 25 energy. As much as people [rightfully] bitch about Gumi, Alim is often even more retarded. Seeing as Gumi has added stuff to the vendor that JP didn't have (quartz and tickets), hopefully they've increased the auracite drops accordingly, or at least reduced the NRG cost. Get your element chain group ready, btw. The event fights are much easier with blizzaga chains than with anything physical. I'm planning on using Vaan/Kefka/Kefka/Exdeath/Tellah+Kefka friend. (Edit: Maybe not Vaan, since it's 6 waves and casting Focus each time isn't practical... Lightning with Icebrand instead maybe, since Area Blast is just as good damage as Blizzaga and will chain. Plus she gets Ice Blitz at 6* 48 which lets her switch back to Enhancer.)

Last edited:

Vorph

I've got so damn many TMs to do already though. I guess I'll probably do daily 250's hoping for Gaffgarion, but that's it.

The other half of the FFT banner is much more interesting to me -- Ramza, Agrias, and Mustadio are all way better than these units, and they also have some pretty amazing TMs.

I'm not keen on buying abilities for Ramza or Agrias on the slight chance I might actually get them when part 2 of the banner rolls around, when I could use the auracite on 6* mats for CoD, Exdeath, Chizuru, etc. instead.

Last edited: