Final Fantasy: Brave Exvius

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
It depends. We already had a CoD banner, so that may be why she's not featured again. We've never had a Bartz or Exdeath banner, so it would make sense to add them to the FFV banner. For comparison, Japan had a Cecil banner early on, so he wasn't on their FF4 event banner. On the other hand, we never had a Cecil banner on Global, so Gumi added him to the FF4 banner last week. It's all just guessing though, so I guess we'll see.

I'm kind of glad CoD isn't on the banner, since I already have one, and due to her very niche weapon types, I wouldn't want multiples. I have like 140 giant cactuars banked, so I will have a maxed out CoD on day 1, and if luck is willing, a Refia well on her way to maxed 6* as well. I have a finished Rising sun and Doublehand, which will give 6* CoD 515 atk, so I can finally set a decent friend lead instead of just another Kefka. Still have 38% remaining to finish a dual cast for Refia, but she's still the best healer even without it.

Refia's my main goal for the banner, and my summons stop once I get her, and of course Luneth would be amazing if he appeared. Arc is an excellent 3-5* mage (all 3 firaga/blizzga/thundga nukes, osmose, and innate dualcast) and his TM isn't bad, so getting a few of those wouldn't be terrible. Ingus is the shit unit of the banner, but he does have Full Break, which is useful for those players who still haven't landed someone with the skill.

The event is a clear once and finished vortex (same as Tower of Babil). No farming involved, so for those of you who don't have a big stockpile of 6* evo mats, I recommend you spend these last 2 days farming candy corn and buy evo mats. You're going to have 2 weeks with no event farming coming up, so do your TM grinding etc then.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
i really want a goddamn locke since i missed the lunar pestle. good point on that limited weapon selection though.

Angelwatch

Trakanon Raider
I really want a Refia and I'll spend everything I have to try and get her. But being a 4 star base I'm a bit worried. Right now I have just over 8k Lapis and 13 tickets. Hopefully that will pull her.

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
i really want a goddamn locke since i missed the lunar pestle. good point on that limited weapon selection though.
We get the Thorned Mace (78 atk, human killer, 70% chance to poison on hit) from a trial "soon". It's a nice CoD weapon if you don't have Rising Sun, and it's way better than Lunar Pestle. Who knows when we're getting the trial though, since we're extremely late in the timeline on trial releases.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
The event is a clear once and finished vortex (same as Tower of Babil). No farming involved, so for those of you who don't have a big stockpile of 6* evo mats, I recommend you spend these last 2 days farming candy corn and buy evo mats. You're going to have 2 weeks with no event farming coming up, so do your TM grinding etc then.
That's the best news right there. With a little luck I'll get to finish my first batch of TMs before the next grind event happens.

BTW there's only 5 of each 6* material in the Crystal Tower event, so plan accordingly if you want to get both CoD and Refia to 6* immediately. It's 20 calamity gems, 20 calamity writs, 10 fairy writs, 30 rainbow blooms, 10 prismatic horns, and 10 divine crystals to do both.

Last edited:

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
Got mah Lightning to 6*100 and was able to barely beat Rider ADV with Gavs lightning account. Account is like 4 days old?

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
Got mah Lightning to 6*100 and was able to barely beat Rider ADV with Gavs lightning account. Account is like 4 days old?
Not sure I have Gav's added, but Vorph's is mighty-fucking-stronk. Double plantkiller works that pumpkin bitch.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
I was thinking about mages, and since there's a chance Exdeath won't have a rateup on the FFV banner, I was sad I don't have one. Then I decided to compare mages that I do actually have, to see how Terra or Kefka compare after they get 6* upgrade. These values are based on what I personally have available, so it assumes access to two mage TM rewards: Ultima, and Dualcast materia.

Exact details:
Exdeath: 488 mag after 40% combat buff (focus or leadership (from Rain 6*))
Magic Equipment: Wizard Rod, Stellar Shield, Creepy Mask, Candy Basket, Hero Ring
Materia: Ultima, Equip Hat, Mag 10%, Mag 10%

Exdeath dualcasted Ultima damage vs 500 spirit: 71,126 (92,463 when killer passive is active)

Kefka: 522 mag after 40% combat buff (focus or leadership (from Rain 6*))
Magic Equipment: Wizard Rod, Creepy Mask, Magi Robe, Candy Basket, Hero Ring
Materia: Ultima, Dualcast, Mag 10%, Mag 10%

Kefka dualcasted Ultima damage vs 500 spirit: 81,382 (122,073 when killer passive is active)

Terra: 518 mag after 40% combat buff (focus or leadership (from Rain 6*))
Magic Equipment: Wizard Rod, Stellar Shield, Creepy Mask, Mage's Habit, Candy Basket, Hero Ring
Materia: Ultima, Dualcast, Mag 10%, Mag 10%

Terra dualcasted Ultima damage vs 500 spirit: 80,140

Terra in esper mode: 560 mag after 50% esper buff (always active during esper mode)
Magic Equipment: Wizard Rod, Stellar Shield, Creepy Mask, Mage's Habit, Candy Basket, Hero Ring
Materia: Ultima, Mag 10%, Mag 10%, Mag 10%

Terra dualcasted Ultima damage vs 500 spirit while in esper form: 93,662

Summary:
Kefka's by far the best mage against Humans, since he has the best magic killer passive (human only), and higher magic stat than Exdeath.
Exdeath and Terra during her esper form are tied for damage against things that Exdeath's magic killer passive works on (humans, and a few more races).
Terra in esper form is the best of everyone when fighting things not included in anyone's killer passives.
Against races that are not included in Exdeath's killer passive, both Terra (non-esper form) and Kefka are almost tied, and both of them beat Exdeath, who is the worst mage of the three if he can't exploit a killer weakness.

Vs Human: Kefka >>>> Exdeath = Terra (esper) >> Terra
Vs Bird/Beast/Plant/Insect: Exdeath = Terra (esper) >> Terra = Kefka
Vs Other Races: Terra (esper) >> Kefka = Terra >> Exdeath

Makes me feel a lot better about not having Exdeath, since I have 2 Kefka's and 2 Terra's. Of course, Exdeath gets his promotion at least 2 months or so earlier than Kefka or Terra, and he's going to reign supreme during that time period. Later on though, he's not top dog anymore when compared to the other 3* base mages that go to 6*.

Edit: For fun, when compared to Trance Terra (the base 5* mage), she does 106,448 damage vs everything, and 128,920 damage vs everything during trance mode. She also doesn't need any TM since she has dualcast and Ultima baseline. 5* base op!

Last edited:

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
Woooo happy I have 3 exdeaths! Wait I have to awaken and level all of them :(
Also I don't have Ultima from Terra to drop onto Exdeath, but c'est la vie.

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
If you remove both TM's from the comparison, Exdeath wins easily, mostly because dualcast > anything basically, and he has meteor (not too far from ultima's damage) naturally.

Terra in esper mode still comes close, or beats him, with 0 TM's, but her esper form is a temporary buff, so only really relevant in burst scenarios.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I think it's practically guaranteed that Exdeath and Butts will be on the FFV banner. They gave us Cecil on the FF4 banner but not JP (because JP had already had him) and they gave JP CoD on the FF3 banner but we aren't getting it since she was just on the player's choice banner. According to the wiki Exdeath and Butts have never been featured before, so they should be up there this time.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Terra's buff also wastes a turn to set up. In the long term, it's all about getting Trance Terra anyway.

I think you're right about Exdeath and Bartz being on the banner, which really sucks because I don't want any more Exdeaths and don't want Bartz at all, so if they are on the V banner I won't pull at all. Mercedes and Gilgamesh aren't good enough to waste the lapis.

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
Desperately need some Lightning help so I can farm ADV Rider before the event is over. Please help pals!!!

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Just as a reminder to everyone, if you fail to pull Refia from this event you're potentially looking at a LOOOOOONG wait for another 6* healer. The Brave Frontier collab event is long overdue but even if it immediately follows the FF3 event, it's quite possible that they won't be including Tilith's 6* awaken with it since it came six months later on JP. If Tilith's 6* awaken doesn't come with the BF banner, you're waiting on Rem (5* base), Summer Fina, Rucksack, or Prishe (5* base) for a 6* healer, none of whom are due up soon.

So yeah, everyone should be pulling for Refia, especially since you have a shot at Luneth.

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
Yshtola is a 6* healer, and she's given out to everyone for free during an event later on. She's pretty good (not as good as Refia) but since everyone gets her, it's a good fallback plan. She's after Tilith got a 6* upgrade though, so still very very long ways off.

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
Damn had PRO at 1-2% and Rider crits my friend slot lightning and does like 3k dmg in one round and I lose.

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
If your friend Lightning has Excalibur (and isn't using Chirijaeden, which nerfs her total damage due to adding fire to her attack) then make sure you use Imperil (Ramuh, Diabolos, and Shiva all learn it, so do a few units like Exdeath and Bartz). Imperil gives him an additional -20% holy resist, which brings him to -70% total. A Lightning using excalibur + a non-elemental weapon with cheer and plantkiller x2 should be able to take him out in 2-3 turns almost by herself if imperil'ed. Be sure to try to armor break or fullbreak him every round too until a defense break lands, which boosts her damage even more.

Make sure you use crushing blow each round, and not one of her elemental strikes, since all of them get reduced from his resistances (crushing blow is a neutral attack, which is converted to holy damage, his only weakness, thanks to excalibur).

You could also start a holy chain using banish and try to chain crushing blow at the end. Lenna and Fina learns banish I think, and so do a few other misc units.

Example lineup:
Fina on Shiva
Lenna on Diabolos (imperil learned)
Any mage on Ramuh (deprotect and banish learned)
Fullbreaker on Golem
Physical dps on Ifrit (deprotect learned)

Turn 1: Fina cheer
Lenna imperil (from Diabolos)
Fullbreaker uses break
Mage on Ramuh uses de-protect if fullbreak was resisted
Dps on ifrit uses de-protect if resisted again
Lightning crushing blow (last)

Turn 2: Fina, Lenna, Mage on Ramuh all use Banish in a chain, Golem and Ifrit physical dps try to boost the chain, Lightning goes at the end of the holy chain as the 4th hit with crushing blow.

Repeat turn 3 -- boss should be dead

Last edited:

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
lol, so my lineup atm is -

My Lightning with like 384 attack, a 4*lvl 39 BCL (so I can deprotect), 3 star Rain and Laswell, and I put in Skaha for her armor break if BCL's doesnt land?)

My lineup is straight trash outside of Lightning and the account is like 4-5 days old now?