Final Fantasy: Brave Exvius

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
Nice job on the victory! Your initial reaction to the fight is a whole lot like how my initial reaction to new extreme difficulty fights are on record keeper. First hour I try it and get rolled, and say this fight sucks I'm not going to bother. Then after some time working out kinks, I go back and beat it, which always feels great.

I might go a glass cannon route for the dark resist materia but I couldn't care less if I don't get that.

If you have the capacity to get the materia, I strongly urge you to do so. Imagine if we had a +15% holy resist materia available to use on this Maxwell fight. I'd have used the shit out of that on a squishier dps. We're getting Dark Ifrit trial down the road, which is heavy on the dark damage. I wouldn't be surprised if anyone who willingly skips this resist materia ends up regretting it.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
If anyone has a great dps team + Cecil, but are weak in the healing department, I could temporarily set my friend lead to Refia with dualcast, a TM staff, and double camoflauge (makes her immune to anything single target so she's never bursted down).
It's the Cecil I need. I refuse to fuck mine up for a unit I don't give a damn about except for her TM when he's going to hit LB 15 about the same time Excalibur finishes, and all the people on my friend list who still have him up are retarded. Most of them have less hp than Refia, weak-ass Golems, and not a single Dualcast in sight.

Angelwatch

Trakanon Raider
I've been playing Record Keeper since the beginning. Overall DeNA has done a pretty good job of balance. There was only one, glaring, overtuned fight that I can remember:

During our very first VIII event (where we got Rinoa) the final stage was the Parade Float. It was 4 stages long. The first and second stages were 3 waves of trash mobs. Third stage was Seifer and the last was Edea. Only a tiny handful of people beat it and most that did had to use multiple Mythril revives. The rest of us said fuck it and moved on. The reward was only an ice resist accessory. This was during the period were level 50 was the cap, there were no REcord Materias or Roaming Warriors and banners only had one or two character relics, a few shared relics and a couple generics. They eventually released the event again, basically unchanged, after we got all of those big power increases.

The Maxwell fight feels similar. But with that RK event you only lost out on a crappy accessory that nobody ever used. But beating Maxweel the "right" way gets you a very power unit (eventually). I think you're right that we will get the fight again with another chance to pick her up but I don't like taking that chance.

I'm planning to do the fight again for the resist. I think it will be a lot easier since I can just burst her down in a turn or two and ignore the whole esper thing.

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
Vorph Vorph
Setup my Cecil for you with dualcast and as tanky as I could make him on a maxed golem. Hope it helps! I'll leave him up for a while, but if you finish with him early, just lemme know.

pic.jpg

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
is there anyway to play this on PC?

You can use an android emulator such as Nox or Memu. I've been having troubles with it working on Memu recently, but most people have no problems. I'm using Nox currently, and for me, it's working great.

Murked

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Memu and Nox have both been giving me issues lately, however on Memu the game just crashes, on Nox the entire emulator freezes. I've been using Memu because the TM script I run will relaunch the game when it crashes and keep going, it's great!

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Angelwatch

Trakanon Raider
Holy crap. With Murked I killed her in 3 turns and got the dark resist materia. The only challenge I didn't do was kill her with a limit and I don't need the Karma to bother with that.

Now I can spend the rest of the weekend farming cactaurs.

Crone

Just installed and got this. I assume you guys know the unit pictures. Reroll?

ffbereroll.png

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
yes, aside from garland that's all trash. Sadly I'd say neither of these banners are very good for new players, but since the new banner just started today there's no sense in telling you to wait a week.

*edit*

Unit Rankings - Final Fantasy Brave Exvius Wiki

That should give you a general idea of what to keep, I'd say you want at least two units rated 8.0 or better, and if you have tons of patience you might consider rerolling until you get a 5* base.

Crone

yes, aside from garland that's all trash. Sadly I'd say neither of these banners are very good for new players, but since the new banner just started today there's no sense in telling you to wait a week.

*edit*

Unit Rankings - Final Fantasy Brave Exvius Wiki

That should give you a general idea of what to keep, I'd say you want at least two units rated 8.0 or better, and if you have tons of patience you might consider rerolling until you get a 5* base.
Thanks man!

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
But, but... that double Penelo. Think of all the weapon limited people like CoD her TM could help.

Vorph

That fight is fucking absurd.

Maxwell.png

Was game over at that point and the only reason I won was because of timing Cecil's autoattack to chain with the first hit of Call of the Void. Which is pretty much pure luck since CotV takes so long to deal its damage. Cost me 2 Phoenix Downs, 3 Elixirs, and 5 Mega Ethers, but that's fine since I have like 50 of the first two and a dozen or so megas. I might have been a bit angry if I had lost after using all that stuff though. At least it's over and I didn't have to throw away what I've been trying to accomplish with my 4* Cecil.

Sinzar Sinzar Thanks for setting your Cecil up for me.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
Glad it helped. Now for a little bit of bored off-topic humor. On the other side of the Brave Frontier collaboration, Rain and Fina get to beat up on Maxwell for revenge! It's amusing how similar they made the fight on FFBE compared to it's original form on BF.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Decided to do my welfare pulls even though I was talking about how awful this banner was. Got Hayate yesterday and Garland today. Done with this banner!

fris

Vyemm Raider
my team is really hurting w/o a 6* dps. I have Cecil, Refia, Delita, Black Cat, then swap Exdeath, Garland, Thief around. I'm torn between pulling on this banner that everyone says is bad but seems to be because i'm the only one in the world w/o a Luneth, LIghtning or CoD.

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
I think this banner is worth a few half-off daily pulls, but I wouldn't use tickets or lapis. Worst case, wait until Wednesday to decide, since that's when we should get the announcement about what banner is next. If it's FF5, I'd say try on that instead (Bartz is good, multiple Exdeaths are great for arena or chaining, Gilgamesh is $$$ but rare).