Final Fantasy: Brave Exvius

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
Ok, here's my TM squad: Ludmillex2, Zidane, Agrias, PCecil.

I'm going for the two ludmille to "quickly" get a DualCast for my healer. I've got one more Ludmille I'll slot in after to get a second copy of Dual Cast. Should I be trying for 3 dual cast, or is two enough?
Zidane is just for DW.
I pulled two more PCecils... which mean more excaliburs! I sort of wanted to sub agrias for one of the Pcecils and fuse one of them so I can get an excalibur quickly. Is Excalibur that good where I should look at it longterm and 3 would be ideal or is two going to be fine because using one sooner is better?

yimmien

Molten Core Raider
Remember when everyone said TMs were a luxury and not required? What bullshit. I have been playing since before global release and I just got wrecked because I dont do the ludicrous TM grinds and I have yet to pull a 5* base.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Remember when everyone said TMs were a luxury and not required? What bullshit. I have been playing since before global release and I just got wrecked because I dont do the ludicrous TM grinds and I have yet to pull a 5* base.

Has nothing to do with TMs and everything to do with Gumi not nerfing Maxwell to account for JP having access to much more powerful units when she was released. They buffed the demon trial to account for GL being more powerful than JP was, but for some dumbass reason didn't do the same with this.

Angelwatch

Trakanon Raider
I'm reading a lot of people with my intended setup beating her and summoning Diablos so I think I'll get her. Lots of people use Rydia and guard with her until she's able to Summon. I'll be using Garnet since she's better all around, can backup heal and performs the same role with her LB to fill the Esper gauge. I just won't get to really try until later. I need to wait on NRG to juggle Cactaur Dunes, Vargas for a rank up and real life.

My WOL just got Full Break but needs another 12 levels to cap. I figure I'd rather cap him first than go on less than full strength.

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
I'd say the only TM that's required is dualcast on a healer like Refia. We've had I think 70% worth of trust from moogles by now, so that TM should be in reach for most long term players (I used a few moogles myself to finish mine). I'm almost entirely certain this trial will make a return next BF banner (when she gets her 6* upgrade), so don't stress too much about it if it's not beatable just yet for your team.

It's without a doubt insanely hard, and maybe overtuned, though I beat it without any 5* base units except an average friend (but I have a lot of TM's since I've been playing for a long time). There's definitely a few scripted and threshold attacks that can wipe you out if not handled properly, such as his ultimate attack after 30% (only used once).

For anyone who actually watches my videos, I was going to delete my first attempt going in blind, but I figured why not upload it too, which can be viewed Here. I managed to win, but failed all missions on the first try, which is why I had to go back to re-do it. It was also an experiment in doing live commentary during the fight, though I'm not sure I'm a great commentator, may leave that part out from now on!

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
how long is maxwell open? Today or this week? This dark banner is shit. DKCecil is the only thing I don't have, and I can barely pull gold crystals, so a rainbow is beyond what I'm capable of.

Murked

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I had no issues killing Maxwell in 3 rounds. First round I buffed, then I destroyed her. CoD/Cecil/Lightning/Elza/Refia with a Lightning Friend. Using Elza's break + Imperil + Into the Void on CoD crushes her. Obviously it helps my CoD has DW and Rising Sunx2. Using her resistance buff + focus + embolden mitigates a lot of damage. I was able to do all the missions except for finish with a LB...not sure I'll even both since I have all the Kharma items I want.

I can share my CoD if people want, I think I have a few people on my friends list from here, but willing to help if people need.

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
Got the final mission for flawless victory. Went full glass cannon, which keeps pushing Maxwell into her scripted attacks, avoiding her bullshit. Team Cecil, Bartz, Agrias, CoD, Refia, friend Elza.

Turn1:
Cecil focus
Refia embolden
CoD resist buff
Agrias fullbreak
Elza ravaging blow
Bartz barrage
--Maxwell does weak turn 1 aoe

Turn 2:
Refia imperil
Cecil provoke
Agrias cleansing strike
CoD call of the void
Elza madness rush
Bartz barrage
--Maxwell does scripted meteor attack (targets Cecil thanks to taunt, he mostly resists it)

Turn 3:
Refia curaja
Cecil normal attack
Agrias cleansing strike
CoD call of the void
Elza madness rush
Bartz barrage
--Maxwell does both her 50% and her 30% scripted heals, unable to use endless due to her action per turn limit)

Turn 4:
Refia imperil
Cecil normal attack
Agrias cleansing strike
CoD call of the void
Elza madness rush
Bartz barrage
-- Maxwell dies

Also I got a friend request from a rerolled member named Thengel, but your friend list was full!

Last edited:

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
I had no issues killing Maxwell in 3 rounds. First round I buffed, then I destroyed her. CoD/Cecil/Lightning/Elza/Refia with a Lightning Friend. Using Elza's break + Imperil + Into the Void on CoD crushes her. Obviously it helps my CoD has DW and Rising Sunx2. Using her resistance buff + focus + embolden mitigates a lot of damage. I was able to do all the missions except for finish with a LB...not sure I'll even both since I have all the Kharma items I want.

I can share my CoD if people want, I think I have a few people on my friends list from here, but willing to help if people need.
I'd love to take a crack at it with your CoD if possible. Will you have Diablos on her? I've given up on the Karma, but getting the unit is the thing I want.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
471 655 020 - I've got a crappy Seria up right now, will fold back to either PCecil or Exdeath once the event ends

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
I swapped my CoD to diabolos, and gave her double camoflauge to help with this trial for any of you on my friends list. Sadly my CoD isn't nearly as good as someone who has dual wield, but she does have DH + rising sun.

If anyone has a great dps team + Cecil, but are weak in the healing department, I could temporarily set my friend lead to Refia with dualcast, a TM staff, and double camoflauge (makes her immune to anything single target so she's never bursted down).

Murked

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Sure, I'll add you both in a few, at work right now and running a TM macro at home.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Guess I'd be a complete dick if I kept this to myself. If you close the app, it resets Maxwell's turn counter for when she fires off sacred song, rune, and destiny. I wouldn't normally advocate this kinda thing, but fuck Gumi for buffing the great demon trial but not nerfing this.

Anyway, Zidane just jumped from 30.6 to 90.6 and snuck past Ludmille for being my next TM to finish. Will probably shove Kain in next so I have 2 non-elemental spears for Elza, then maybe a second Kain if I have one just to rush the TM.

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
Just be careful about using exploits like that. It may be totally fine, but I'd be way too paranoid about a possible account ban, especially since it's a known exploit that a lot of people are talking about (and probably abusing, which will get their attention).

fris

Vyemm Raider
If you don't mind the tedium/time investment, i recommend doing script runs in mystic forest instead of dunes. The boss can drop sacred crystals, so you gradually accumulate them while leveling characters, and the energy ratio is insane.

what are script runs? i have a hard time baby sitting hte game for more than a few minutes, so end up doing Chamber of Exp more often then not when i need/want exp

Angelwatch

Trakanon Raider
Got the bitch!

It took WAY too much NRG but I got the clear with a Diablos summon. I might go a glass cannon route for the dark resist materia but I couldn't care less if I don't get that. That fight is just way overtuned for where we are at right now.

I went with the exact group I said above. I just took it very slow and burned 3 elixirs (plus another 4 or 5 on failed attempts) and a bunch of Turbo Ethers. Garnet died about halfway through but she was there for backup heals and her LB to instant fill the esper gauge. WOL died about 2 turns before she did. The last couple of turns were super intense and I fucked up on the second to last turn by regular attacking with CoD instead of the void attack. I misclicked after using an item and I was praying she stayed alive for the last turn I needed. Luckily Cecil ate all her attacks and I could finish her off.

Worst fight ever.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Well you just record a script to click once in the upper right and once in the lower left where the auto button is, then set it to repeat. You still have to manually move your character to the second half of the exploration and then manually kill the boss, but you don't have to sit there manually moving your character around to trigger fights.

Just be careful about using exploits like that. It may be totally fine, but I'd be way too paranoid about a possible account ban, especially since it's a known exploit that a lot of people are talking about (and probably abusing, which will get their attention).

I wouldn't have done it if the shit wasn't so wildly overtuned. Difficult content is one thing but this is just a huge fuckup on their part.