Final Fantasy: Brave Exvius

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Sinzar Sinzar So I'm out of energy and out of Lapis on refills. I have 17 energy total, lol .. and the dungeon costs 15, so I did it as much as I could. Sure as shit not gonna be able to run it for the next 8 hours. :(

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
Don't lapis refill for it, especially not with a 17 max pool. Just run it as much as you can naturally until it closes (2am CST). It returns every 3 weeks or so, and you can farm it a lot better later after you've leveled some. Use those cactuars you get by fusing them to your main team units. Each one gives a massive experience boost, though it can be really expensive on your gil supply very early on. After like a week of playing though, you have infinite gil, so it's a short term problem.

Crone

Don't lapis refill for it, especially not with a 17 max pool. Just run it as much as you can naturally until it closes (2am CST). It returns every 3 weeks or so, and you can farm it a lot better later after you've leveled some. Use those cactuars you get by fusing them to your main team units. Each one gives a massive experience boost, though it can be really expensive on your gil supply very early on. After like a week of playing though, you have infinite gil, so it's a short term problem.
Oops, lol, already done. But my Luneth is now level 71? Was level 4. So that's good, right?

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
For sure, but the problem you're about to run into is that you can't evolve him to his 6* form without special ingredients. The only way to obtain them is through events.

The current event is overall not very good for farming, so I don't think it's worth the energy required to farm it (if a new'ish account could even farm it at all). Don't fully cap out his level to 80 with cactuars yet, because then the exp earned from story missions will be wasted on him. Levelup your Lenna some, since you're going to want a healer for later in the story.

Aevry

Mobile Game Hunter
My box currently. I cleared most of the karma items I wanted (elza passive, both weapons, all cactuars, attacker passive) and recently 6* Luneth. Progressing through the storyline just past Shiva. Should I keep all these Tilith's, or feed them into my primary?
riuyeCH.jpg

6mLl9VR.jpg

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
Keep at least two Tiliths for after her 6* form (there's some strats that use double tilith to take advantage of them pumping each other's mana pools). Tilith's 6* form is so good, that maybe there's a case to be made to save the third one too, just in case. There's no real benefit to fusing her together, since her TM is mostly niche at best.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Strossus

Silver Knight of the Realm
SO using Nox
aconnection issue
says i need to move to an area with a better connection, havent even started it yet

Crone

SO using Nox
aconnection issue
says i need to move to an area with a better connection, havent even started it yet
I got that a few times, but I'd just try again and it'd work fine.

Edit: Can I skip all the story and just read it somewhere?

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Grats! I'm working on two excaliburs myself, but I've been doing missions and stuff instead of grinding TM recently. Honestly, I'm not in any big rush to finish excalibur because once I do... I don't have any relevant units to equip it to, sigh. I guess Agrias can hit slightly harder when she fullbreaks or something...

Strongly considering going mini-whale chasing Gilgamesh soon, especially if there's a good lapis sale for black friday

I don't actually have anyone to equip it either...until Friday!!!

I wonder if you had a full set of the double atk/mag materia (Karl and Maxwell TMs) would that make cyclone strike outperform gale barrage, or would the fact that you're boosting atk at the same time keep gale barrage ahead? 2 Karl +1 maxwell (leaving room for DW of course) along with hero rings would be +90% atk/mag, which seems pretty damn juicy for a hybrid attack.

fris

Vyemm Raider
Should i buy Elzas karma item if i don't have her but on the chance i pull her layer via lapis?

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
Should i buy Elzas karma item if i don't have her but on the chance i pull her layer via lapis?
The "karma shop" will be open until NEXT friday or so, but I think Elza's banner ends (and she goes bye bye) this friday. So amass as much karma as you can quickly, and if you happen to pull her this week buy her ability. Otherwise use the karma to buy 6* mats.

edit: beyond the metal gigantuars, the star quartz, and the summon tickets, is anything else a "must buy"?

Vorph

I don't actually have anyone to equip it either...until Friday!!!

I wonder if you had a full set of the double atk/mag materia (Karl and Maxwell TMs) would that make cyclone strike outperform gale barrage, or would the fact that you're boosting atk at the same time keep gale barrage ahead? 2 Karl +1 maxwell (leaving room for DW of course) along with hero rings would be +90% atk/mag, which seems pretty damn juicy for a hybrid attack.

Pretty sure the math worked out such that DW+3x Ignus TM was best Bartz. I just pulled my third Ignus this morning, but I really don't see myself bothering for an ability that still isn't that impressive after a huge effort.

edit: beyond the metal gigantuars, the star quartz, and the summon tickets, is anything else a "must buy"?
The weapons, screamroot if you need to make more keys, the cheap 6* mats (maybe skip Divine Crystals since you only ever need 5 of those per awaken). I bought the hp/def/spr materia, and I have to decide between the 15% hp or the pair of hp/atk/mag ones before it ends. I think in ~6 months or so I'll be regretting it if I don't have the hp/mag ones to give to my army of Shantotti. Might have to just farm a bit of extra karma and get all three.

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
With the addition of Maxwell to my farming team (another +100%), I'm spending the next 3 days farming karma again as well. I plan to buy the demonic life materia, the tanking dualstat materia, the dps dualstat materia, and the 15% hp materia, in that order. I very likely won't finish off the whole list without a bunch of lucky metal spawns, but that's the goal.

Lot of people say demonic life materia is a waste because it doesn't stack with buffs like cheer, but after the maxwell trial, I want them. Once the buff procs (when you drop under 50% health) it's permanent the rest of the encounter (infinite duration!). During maxwell, I almost never had the luxury of spare time to re-buff things like embolden, so a perma +40% to all stats materia is good. Situational of course, you don't use it on easier content. Good in arena too.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
With the addition of Maxwell to my farming team (another +100%), I'm spending the next 3 days farming karma again as well. I plan to buy the demonic life materia, the tanking dualstat materia, the dps dualstat materia, and the 15% hp materia, in that order. I very likely won't finish off the whole list without a bunch of lucky metal spawns, but that's the goal.

Lot of people say demonic life materia is a waste because it doesn't stack with buffs like cheer, but after the maxwell trial, I want them. Once the buff procs (when you drop under 50% health) it's permanent the rest of the encounter (infinite duration!). During maxwell, I almost never had the luxury of spare time to re-buff things like embolden, so a perma +40% to all stats materia is good. Situational of course, you don't use it on easier content. Good in arena too.
For easier content... you don't need it but when even unequip it. It's easy content.

Vorph

Because we finally get +10% ATK materia on Friday! 3-4 of those will be the default materia on all my phys, anything else gets subbed in situationally.

Aevry

Mobile Game Hunter
Are there any must have's from the locked chests? I'm debating on farming more karma to buy mats and things.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
Are there any must have's from the locked chests? I'm debating on farming more karma to buy mats and things.
Yes. There are a few. Buy the screamroots and fine alcrysts and make some keys. I think 5 gets you everything you want, but I don't have a clear number yet.