Final Fantasy: Brave Exvius

Angelwatch

Trakanon Raider
This Reddit thread is both eye-opening and sickening:

The first weekend of Noctis' release is almost over. How much have you spent in total since starting FFBE? And how do you feel about the total? Mostly geared towards P2P • /r/FFBraveExvius

It's amazing how much some people have spent on these mobile games. I added up my Record Keeper purchases about 6 months ago and was shocked at the amount (and it was nowhere near as bad as some of the spending that I see in that Reddit thread). Since doing that I've cut WAY back on mobile game spending and stick to very strict budgets. My Record Keeper account is in phenomenal shape over there so I really don't feel the need to spend anymore.

My FFBE account is actually pretty good for how little I've spent but the 5 star bases rates really annoy me. Between pull rates for 5 star bases and the actual expense of Lapis, I have no desire to spend any more than the $20 I tossed them a couple of months back. They'll have to make some bundles obscenely good for me to consider spending money on this game right now and with the garbage they've given us I don't see that happening.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Who wants to take bets on White Knight Noel and Santa Roselia being awful just like the Halloween units? I'm guessing the entire holiday banner will be absolute shit tier.

Angelwatch

Trakanon Raider
Well Roselia lacks raise so that automatically makes her inferior to Refia.

I don't expect to do many pulls on the banner. I have just over 17k Lapis begging for a really good banner but the past few have been a combination of bad or having too many repeats on it.

yimmien

Molten Core Raider
This Reddit thread is both eye-opening and sickening:

The first weekend of Noctis' release is almost over. How much have you spent in total since starting FFBE? And how do you feel about the total? Mostly geared towards P2P • /r/FFBraveExvius

It's amazing how much some people have spent on these mobile games. I added up my Record Keeper purchases about 6 months ago and was shocked at the amount (and it was nowhere near as bad as some of the spending that I see in that Reddit thread). Since doing that I've cut WAY back on mobile game spending and stick to very strict budgets. My Record Keeper account is in phenomenal shape over there so I really don't feel the need to spend anymore.

My FFBE account is actually pretty good for how little I've spent but the 5 star bases rates really annoy me. Between pull rates for 5 star bases and the actual expense of Lapis, I have no desire to spend any more than the $20 I tossed them a couple of months back. They'll have to make some bundles obscenely good for me to consider spending money on this game right now and with the garbage they've given us I don't see that happening.

I am happy that my brain just doesn't register these mobile games as real games. I have not spent a dime on FFBE and only 15$ on FFRK early in its life, but that was more to support the devs because they were generous with in game currency and support. I just think I can blow 50 bucks on crappy gacha rates, or I can buy a new full game like FF15 and it really puts things in perspective.

Gumi has done some really predatory bundles and generally seem like they want to screw over the player more than other games I play. They wont get any support from me because of that unless they turn it around.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

GonzytheMage

Golden Knight of the Realm
I did like 40 dollars on my first account then I realized I could've rerolled the starting area to get better pulls. Guess I should've done some more research into starting the game cause I've spent nothing on my current account and it's really badass. Noctis hype is legit, dude is a beast and his super is amazing. Now I'm just farming the maze to level my dudes out then I guess I'll finish off the main story line.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
I did like 40 dollars on my first account then I realized I could've rerolled the starting area to get better pulls. Guess I should've done some more research into starting the game cause I've spent nothing on my current account and it's really badass. Noctis hype is legit, dude is a beast and his super is amazing. Now I'm just farming the maze to level my dudes out then I guess I'll finish off the main story line.
Do maze for sure, but the storyline has 10% ATK materia at the end of it (and another esper). You want those!

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

fris

Vyemm Raider
i don't have much interest in the maze, am i missing something? i rather work on my next big TMs (Chizuru & Miyuki) than level up characters that won't be in my main team.

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
Flexibility on team comps is nice, so it's helpful to have a big roster leveled. If you're satisfied with your current team though, it's not too big a deal.

I have a Medius (multiple, but they've been fused into one), but I've never pulled a Cerius. I don't expect either of these free upgrades to be meta units or anything, but it's nice they're making some bad pulls have at least some use (maybe).

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Medius and Cerius are both still going to be garbage, and I'll be shocked if Noel and Roselia aren't garbage as well.

It's a pretty safe bet that either by incompetence or intent, no GL exclusive will ever actually be worth a shit.

GonzytheMage

Golden Knight of the Realm
Does the quality of the initial pull matter in the long run? Some of these characters I get from the 200 point draw are one or two stars. Should I keep them or just vendor, infuse them?

What's TM stand for btw? I got my Lenna max level and 5 star so far. Left my 5 star Noctis at level 70 because I can't awaken him further. Getting ready to take Cecil to 5 stars when I can afford the infusion costs to level him after infusion. Leaving Chizuru at 5 star 60 because I can't awaken her either. Exdeath is 4 stars as well, I'll do him after Cecil.

What other notables should i keep an eye out for? Fucking love this game so much it's all I played at work today lol.

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
1 or 2 star units are from friend summons, and are worthless to include on your team. Some of them though have great TM rewards, so anything with a killer skill, camoflauge, hp 10%, or sunbeam, save up and fuse them together.

TM = trust mastery, the reward you get when the meter hits 100%. Nearly all of the overpowered stuff in this game is from trust mastery rewards. You earn it at a 10% rate per mission for 0.1% gain, a flat +5% for fusing duplicate units, or +5-10% per trust moogle.

It's a pretty safe bet that either by incompetence or intent, no GL exclusive will ever actually be worth a shit.

Elza's really good, and was exclusive. While not super relevant to compare two games, but the other game that Gumi handles for Alim on the global side, Brave Frontier, the global exclusive units are almost always significantly overpowered compared to the classic japan units. That's why I found it so weird that the halloween stuff was all trash. I'm thinking the exclusives for christmas will be good, so who knows!

Kriptini

Vyemm Raider
Medius and Cerius are both still going to be garbage, and I'll be shocked if Noel and Roselia aren't garbage as well.

Demon Rain is one of the best tanks in the game, and Black Cat Lid was MVP in the arena before 6* Exdeath.

Noel seems like he could be okay but he's a base 5* so I won't be pulling on this banner.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Elza's really good, and was exclusive. While not super relevant to compare two games, but the other game that Gumi handles for Alim on the global side, Brave Frontier, the global exclusive units are almost always significantly overpowered compared to the classic japan units. That's why I found it so weird that the halloween stuff was all trash. I'm thinking the exclusives for christmas will be good, so who knows!

I totally forgot about Elza. Derp. I'm inclined to think she was a fluke but we'll see.

Demon Rain is one of the best tanks in the game, and Black Cat Lid was MVP in the arena before 6* Exdeath.

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
BCLid's good for a 5* yeah, but Demon Rain as a good tank? Ehh....

Part of the problem is that there's Cecil..... and then there's everyone else. Cecil as a tank is just so dramatically light years better than every other option, it automatically makes everyone else seem "bad". If you take Cecil out of the picture, Demon Rain isn't too bad I guess, but still, Cecil...

At best, I'd say Demon Rain is around the same as Charlotte or Snow.

Nidhogg

Molten Core Raider
Wish LB carried over from fusing. I have a 3* cecil I'm LB leveling, my 6* Cecil, and just pulled a 4* Cecil. Guess I'll TM farm him so I can have 3 Excaliburs... but other than that, a fairly useless 4* :\

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
Be careful on cursing Gumi's limited time exclusives. They absolutely fucked Alim in BF by making some completely game-breaking units as exclusives. They toned it down a bit (and have also royally fucked some of the units when adding in their 8* forms), but will eventually break something just to get some extra cash into the store. My guess is Square is partly holding them back on exclusives.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Shirley, there has to be some kind of middle ground between god tier broken and trash tier unusable.