Final Fantasy: Brave Exvius

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Yes. I can't think of anything that prevents Stop until 6* Vaan, and that's just a resist buff he has to cast on the group.

Thanks for the jeweled ring tips, I never would have thought of that. Remind me again which shop sells them or where I can get the recipe? (And yes, that's sarcasm. I'm aware of gold anklets and armlets too. The problem is that now you've got petrify covered but he can still stop, confuse, paralyze, silence, sleep, etc. Ribbon is the only real solution.)

Last edited:

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
It's fairly unlikey he's going to stop your entire team. Yeah his skillset is stupid but you can mitigate it somewhat and still win.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I've had 2 close calls to Noctis since he came out, but I haven't lost a match. Yes, flasks are complete bullshit, but really he's only slightly more bullshit than a lot of the other bullshit in arena. Like Gilgamesh still being able to hit trip 9s on divider with a golem staff equipped.

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
I still keep Refia on my arena team, even though 9/10 matches these days are over as soon as I get a turn. She's there almost entirely to do some emergency esuna/stona/arise if the enemy team goes first. Even though nearly every team now has 1-4 Noctis, I've still never seen him do a single blizzard flask for stop. Lots of fire flasks, but like I mentioned, Refia's immune to it, and she just cures the few people who get a bad status. I gave my Refia golem staff and sunbeam to give her something to do when she doesn't need to play recovery (I sunbeam with her if I go first to blind a few enemies, or melee with golem staff if the only unit standing is a Cecil).

I picked up the xmas bundle, and used the 10 tickets that came with it on the Noctis banner. Still no rainbows, but the 10 pulls were overall very high quality. I got my first Warrior of Light, which was the final "must have" on my wishlist, so now I'm free to blow lapis on whatever I want, or save up for the next big thing. I also got a Cerius, just in case, and a Snow (for his great TM). I also got not one but TWO gold crystal Russels, which was a slap in the face. Up to around 30 summons on this Noctis banner and still only have the one Chizuru. Could be worse, could have been zero, but I was hoping to finish this banner with at least 3 since her TM is still close to top tier in JP (a few are better, but from 5* bases in the future).

There's still 6 days of the Noctis banner, and I'll be using the tickets from the daily 300 lapis bundle on the banner, so maybe I pull a Noctis before it's all over. I may still do a 11 pull or so, but idk, I'm sure he's going to repeat on popular banners down the road, and now that I have Warrior of Light, he's not quite as big a deal for me (he was going to be my breaker unit). I'm going to spend about 4,000 lapis on storage upgrades too for unit/equipment/material/abilities. Probably more than I need, but I don't like the hassle of having to micromanage what I save or toss to always fight for a few storage slots.

Vorph

It's fairly unlikey he's going to stop your entire team. Yeah his skillset is stupid but you can mitigate it somewhat and still win.
You're right, but my beef is that you can do everything you can to mitigate it and still lose due to RNGesus. Blizzard flask is annoying, but it's fire flask that keeps costing me wins.

There's been a lot of bullshit in arena for sure, but nothing other than the program crashing has actually broken my streak up until Noctis. I saw a few teams last week with 2-4 of him too. Fortunately I went first against them all and swept the board before they could act then made sure to never fight them again, but this week I keep coming up slightly short of a kill because of Parry. It appears to trigger FAR more than just 20% of the time in arena, just like Lightning's Lightspeed is much more than just 30%. Another reason I dislike using physical units in arena, and why losing dualcast hammers my teams.

Whatever though, I'm just venting. It's really not a big deal and I had to stop caring about arena much because I just can't keep up with the orbs anymore. Especially if I want to run TM macros all day long while I'm not home and while I'm sleeping. Losing once or twice a day due to bad RNG isn't going to stop me from getting into 30k, and 3k is no longer realistic at all. I guess that's my real frustration; I'd rather not do arena at all, but I have to because it's the only way to get stat pots in decent quantity.

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
Arena is the only interesting thing about this game to me really. Though to be fair it's not really much skill required to hit Fire Flask and use orbs every 4-5 hours to stay in the top 500ish.

Vorph

Arena is the only interesting thing about this game to me really. Though to be fair it's not really much skill required to hit Fire Flask and use orbs every 4-5 hours to stay in the top 500ish.
Have to remember that top 500 is a lot easier when you still rank up fairly often too. When I was getting into 3k I had to use 22-24 orbs each day, only fight 1.50's, and never lose--and I was around 600-1000 the first six days, then I would drop to ~2600 in the last few hours as people scrambled to get in using refills while I made sure I had 5 orbs ready to go for the start of the next week. Two weeks of that was enough.

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
I ranked up twice last week, so I could spend 200 lapis to make up for it? As long as you're top 3k doesn't really matter. It's not much of a reward difference anyways though.

jonoki

Molten Core Raider
Top 30,000 seems pretty easy to maintain. Not gonna bother going for top 3000 this week because without dual black magic with my current lineup arena is just way too grindy for me. But yeah, not much difference in rewards, and as long as I get top 30k for the 10% moogle at the end of the month I'm good.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
up to 10 gold crystals on the Noctis banner, all off-banner, all trash. Latest one is a Cerius, after I pulled and 5*ed a Cerius last week. I'm done with this stupid fucking banner.

Yy78waG.png

fris

Vyemm Raider
burned my xmas and event tickets on the noctis banner. 1 gold, turned to rainbow, i gots all excited. Garland.

i have 2 chizuru's and 4 Miyuki to show for all my pulls on that banner, can't complain i guess. yet to pull a zidane though.

Angelwatch

Trakanon Raider
I keep getting Chizuru. I think I have 4 now... I finally got my first Zidane today though. I only have 30% worth of Moogles for him but I'm going to go hard for it. My main Chizuru will be getting DW.

DrSpooge

Blackwing Lair Raider
Been playing thia casually and I've got a question that I'm sure is stupid, but here goes - why am I not gaining xp from dungeons?

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Challenged a guy this morning with 5 Noctis. Won, and despite the stupidity of it, I challenged him again because he was my only 1.5 ratio. Second (and third) time I challenged him, dude was rocking out 5 WK Noel.

That dude has spent a not so small fortune on this game.

Been playing thia casually and I've got a question that I'm sure is stupid, but here goes - why am I not gaining xp from dungeons?

What do you mean you aren't gaining xp? You never stop gaining rank xp, if your units aren't leveling anymore they're at their current max level and need to be awakened to the next rarity if possible.

DrSpooge

Blackwing Lair Raider
What do you mean you aren't gaining xp? You never stop gaining rank xp, if your units aren't leveling anymore they're at their current max level and need to be awakened to the next rarity if possible.

Yeah, my bad - figured it out. Didn't realize actual xp gain was displayed xp gain divided among 5 members, thereby making level progress invisible when completing story dungeons.

fris

Vyemm Raider
max characters still 'take' exp too. if you want to level your characters, don't bring along maxed guys if possible. companions don't take exp ( i think?), so a whale can solo a tougher zone and your dead party will reap benefits

DrSpooge

Blackwing Lair Raider
max characters still 'take' exp too. if you want to level your characters, don't bring along maxed guys if possible. companions don't take exp ( i think?), so a whale can solo a tougher zone and your dead party will reap benefits

Not in the cards, unfortunately. Played for like two weeks at launch, then hadn't touched it again until yesterday when I found myself bored at my parents' house. Highest level character - by far - is a level 51 Cloud of Darkness. The fact that I appear to have just barely missed an event that provided leveling material is pretty annoying.