Final Fantasy: Brave Exvius

Pancreas

Vyemm Raider
So I started playing this last week. I didn't reroll my account. My first 6 units were miyuki, krile, leo, kain, clyne and galuf.

I am now rank 18. I just blew all my tickets and lapis summoning in hopes I got some top tier units, otherwise I am thinking of rerolling all together.

I pulled in addition to the first 6: leo, cecil, vivi, rydia, kuja, krile, kain, russelx2, galufx2, edgar, sabin, maria.

Cecil is a nice plus, but I am not sure about the rest.

Is this roster worth plodding ahead with? or do I really want an exdeth, bartz firion of vaan.

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
Cecil's mediocre today, but amazing later after his update. Leo is very similiar to Cecil, slightly less tanky, slightly more dps. Miyuki's an average dps that can go to 5*. Kuja's a middle of the pack mage that goes to 5*. Later after their update, Maria, Krile and Kain are all very solid as 5* units, but currently capped at 4*. The rest of your units are mostly filler.

Overall you have a decent base of units, but nothing really mind blowing.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
First roll was Leah, a 1*... they really let you get a 1star with your first crystal crack? :| How do I know I'm out of the tutorial, is it once I can start summoning?

I blew the first 10 summon tickets and 1000 lapis I had for 12 additional summons, best results are:
5* Bartz
4* Edgar
4* Krile x2
3* Kain
3* Vivi x2
3* Rydia (adult?)
3* Russel
3* Luna
3* Roselia
3* Clyne

Also got the biggs/wedge/magitech armor terra.

Should I reroll?

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
The first summon is a forced friend point unit (not a real summon), it's always a trash 1 or 2 star.

Bartz is great, and him being already 5 star means you come right out the gate with a nice headstart. The rest of your pulls aren't that great, but still you got one of the top few units right away.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Like I said above, I wouldn't settle for anything less than Exdeath + another good 5*. At least not until I got really sick of rerolling anyway. Btw if/when you do pull Exdeath plus something else good, STOP. You don't need anything else for now, and will be much better off using the tickets when there's a rate up for Cecil/CoD/new units added.

Ao, the first pull you do is like PAL in Puzzles and Dragons. They only come out 1-3* and aren't good for much of anything. Certain ones are useful to feed to themselves when you get dupes later on though. Save the ones on the wiki page under Trust Masteries:units/fp - FFBraveExvius

Also, once you start adding friends you need to switch your daily gift over to FP instead of gil. Tap Friends, Send Gifts, and then the gold coin next to your character to set the gift you want. FP is the two pink figures. Everything else you can get from gifts is just a waste.

The first summon is a forced friend point unit (not a real summon), it's always a trash 1 or 2 star.

Bartz is great, and him being already 5 star means you come right out the gate with a nice headstart. The rest of your pulls aren't that great, but still you got one of the top few units right away.
That's true, I didn't notice that it was already 5*. I would probably link that to a FB account and save it just in case I never got anything better. Once it's linked you can always use it just by logging in through FB, and by logging out of FB you can reroll instead.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
So, what's the process to reroll? just reinstall the app? I have two phones, so I'll keep the 5* bartz one on one and reroll the other until I get exdeath and bartz (probably).

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
play until you can do summons, decide to keep or not
if keeping, link the account to your real (final) facebook
if unhappy and rerolling, link the account to a secondary trash facebook account
then log out of that account, play game again without logging in (it will be a new, fresh guest account)
play until your summons, if still unhappy, log into the secondary facebook account (same one as before), accept when it warns you that doing so will reset guest account
log out of facebook account, go back into game on new guest account, which is once again reset
repeat until happy with units, then link it to real (final) facebook
profit

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
damn it, pulled a 3* Exdeath with 4* Cyan, 3* vivi/kain/penello/rydia/galufx2. I want both bartz and exdeath but that's like a .05% chance...

edit: should I keep the 5* Bartz up above or the 3* exdeath? I blew through all 12 summons on both accounts (bartz was #7 and exdeath was #10)

DoctorSpooge_sl

shitlord
I don't have any good units at all, but definitely not rerolling and definitely just gonna sit on these tickets until there are more than a few good units to pray for, or until there's a rateup on those few.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
damn it, pulled a 3* Exdeath with 4* Cyan, 3* vivi/kain/penello/rydia/galufx2. I want both bartz and exdeath but that's like a .05% chance...

edit: should I keep the 5* Bartz up above or the 3* exdeath? I blew through all 12 summons on both accounts (bartz was #7 and exdeath was #10)
I'd go with the Exdeath one, or keep rolling.

Rain / Lasswell / Fina / Cyan / Exdeath is a good enough team to clear everything currently in the game. I chose Cyan over the others because he gets Blade Bash, and paralyze will win you a ton of hard fights. You don't actually get Fina until near the end of the current content, so until then I'd use Kain or a FP healer (Anastasis if you pull him) as needed. Kain and Rydia eventually get 5* upgrades once we get more of the stuff available in Japan, so they are both good to level. Kain also has one of the better trust masteries to work on.

I don't have any good units at all, but definitely not rerolling and definitely just gonna sit on these tickets until there are more than a few good units to pray for, or until there's a rateup on those few.
Bear in mind that they add kind of crappy units along with new godtier units, so the pool is always going to be diluted. Waiting to use tickets until there's a rate up isn't a bad idea of course, provided you can still clear the content. Once there's a rate up for Exdeath/CoD/Cecil I would definitely start pulling, rather than wait months for JP-only units to come over here. Plus you'll get enough lapis for like 22 more tickets in the first month.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
I'm keeping the exdeath account and have been rolling for a Bartz... and got another Exdeath. There a use in dupes?

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
There's nothing stopping you from just running two on a team, since he's a great unit, so having more of a good thing is nice. You can also obtain his trust mastery twice as fast if you wanted to sacrifice one later. Fusing a unit into itself will combine both of their trust totals then add 5% bonus on top. So play until both are at 47% trust mastery then fuse em together to get a copy of Holy. Or keep both and get two copies of holy later!

I'd just keep both as having two overpowered mages on a team is great, and makes triggering elemental chains a lot easier.

Pancreas

Vyemm Raider
I ended up rerolling. Settled on an Exdeath, Garland, Vivi and four trash units, sabin, clyne, bedile, russel. I have 3 tickets left and didn't spend any lapis on summons. I may still reroll a few times just to see what I get but I feel good about this pull.

Oberstein

Molten Core Raider
Adding folks from this thread that have room. I'm rank 25 and been playing beta for a few weeks. 4* Kain max level with 200ish atk is my leader right now. Add 526,416,579 if you need a melee dps unit and daily gifts.

Zynth

N00b
Sent you an invite. My ID is 595 065 489, max level Exdeath 218 mag if anyone else needs to fill out their friends.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
Ok, so the company making this (Gumi/Alim) also makes brave frontier, so I have a handle on a lot of the mechanics... but how the fuck can I program the autobattle to not just repeat attacking?

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
Ok, so the company making this (Gumi/Alim) also makes brave frontier, so I have a handle on a lot of the mechanics... but how the fuck can I program the autobattle to not just repeat attacking?
You don't, that's what autobattle does in this game. The "Repeat" button is a lot more useful. It will make everyone repeat their last action, so if you for example tell your mages to firaga, your melee to use barrage, etc, then you can just keep hitting Repeat every round and they will keep doing that.

The super awesome programmable autobattle from brave frontier is a whole lot better, but is a fairly recent addition to that game (and it's exclusive to the global client). Hopefully they patch in something similiar to this game soon.