Final Fantasy: Brave Exvius

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Weird, looks like they dropped Mercedes from the banner when they added Bartz and Exdeath to it for GL. I expected Gumi to just leave it as one 5*, one 4*, and three 3*. Fine with me though, I got my Garland this morning so now I can start a week+ of not even doing the daily 250.

Angelwatch

Trakanon Raider
Gilgamesh would be awesome but I already have 2 Bartz and 2 Exdeath. Faris doesn't look great as a 4 star base so I'm just hoarding right now.

I just bought the 70k 15% MAG materia so I'm done with the BF event. It will be nice taking some time off to reclear the old story stuff for Lapis.

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
I need a few Exdeath to make arena grinding less tedious, and I really want Gilgamesh, so I'll be doing a few pulls on this one at least. Don't want more Bartz, or any Faris, but at least they took out the ultra trash pulls of Krile and Galuf.

Murked

Bronze Knight of the Realm
They need to make Cactuar Dunes a permanent event lol. I'll be pulling for Gilgamesh, but not sure how aggressively I'll go for it. Would be nice to have another Exdeath also, but leveling them all up + materials will take awhile.

I'm glad they posted about people TM Injecting. I have noticed people having a ton of TMs, like multiple Lunge Combos and shit. I pulled a lot on that Fencer banner and only got 1 so seems fishy to me.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Vorph

I don't even bother with Dunes anymore, aside from maybe doing it 3x a day for the vortex quest. Mystic Woods is better xp/nrg than a 3-gigantuar run, and even Maranda Coast is way better than the average Dunes run when the units you're leveling aren't strong enough to help a whale autoattack through Mystic.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
Wooo cleared Maxwell after evoking Diabolos! M Murked thanks a TON, I was heavily reliant on your awesome CoD.

edit: So serious question: how many of a unit is too many? I'm sitting on 4 Almas, 4 Edgars, 3 sabins, 3 kains, 3 Lunas, 3 Shantottos, 3 Lennas, 2 garlands, 2 vivis, etc. Obviously the Shantottos should be kept, as the 30% MAG TMR is awesome... are the Lord's Robe that good to keep 4 Almas or should I fuse one/two of them?

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Murked

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Np man, glad you cleared it. Yea, I usually do Mystic Woods also, just that dunes is faster when I don't have time (mainly at work).

I think Lord's Robe is one of the best in game for a while. I like to keep 2 of a unit to get 1 TM, it takes forever to grind a single unit TM, 2 is much more manageable.

Vorph

Depends on how much you macro.

I merge Sabin, Lenna, and Vivi always, and keep 2 Edgars max.

Shantotto I will keep at least 3 even after I finish their TMs (have like 7 now). She gets a 5* upgrade down the road that does what Edgar does a hundred times better. Her 5* stats are already quite impressive, and they also gave her all of the -ja black magic.

I merged my 3 Lunas into one Barrage (then pulled 2 more, sigh).

Kain I have 10 of, and will eventually take ~5 days each to get 2 Gungnirs out of it; Gungnir isn't a good enough weapon to dedicate a full 0-100% on a single unit. Unless you have Elza and need two of them I would turn your three into one by taking them to ~30% each.

Garland you should keep to potentially use once he gets his 6* + enhancements, provided you can dig up 2 Bartz and TM them by then.

Alma I've kept 4 of as well, but I will probably do them 2 at a time and merge. My Exdeaths can never wear it, so I don't really need 4.

Edit: Finally caught a break on metal gods with my Maxwell/Tilith x3/Elza farm team, so I guess I don't need to agonize over which materia to buy anymore. :D

Last edited:

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
It does feel like they boosted the metal spawnrate (or maybe just rng being rng). I had a few spawns also, and now I'm finished my whole revised shopping list. I think I'm going to spend the last 2 days farming more karma anyway, even though I've 100% cleaned out the shop except the 70k materia. Going to use whatever I farm from the next two days to stock up on more 6* materials (the overpriced ones, but whatever).

Angelwatch

Trakanon Raider
I haven't bought the materia that increases stats when you drop below 50% health. I hope that doesn't bite me in the ass but I'm so sick of farming Vargas. Those are the only ones I didn't buy.

Metal gods are streaky. I got a ton early on and then they dropped off significantly. I went one full day of farming without seeing a single one.

Strossus

Silver Knight of the Realm
have tried both Nox and Memu, both saying connection issues,
need to move to a place with better recption

Vorph

have tried both Nox and Memu, both saying connection issues,
need to move to a place with better recption
Are you talking about the initial DL? That happens to me every time I have to reinstall too. It pops up like 10 times, and I just hit OK each time. Eventually it finishes the download and I can play.

ramp

Silver Knight of the Realm
Is bartz worth the effort to raise multiple of based on its 6 version? (like exdeath for ie arena)
I have 3 sitting in my box at lvl 1, was considering farming one doublehand out of them eventually.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
The answer to that question depends largely on what other 6* units you have and what weapons you have to equip on your second Butts.

Angelwatch

Trakanon Raider
The Reddit AMA is interesting. Nothing completely shocking out of it but it's nice to get a behinds the scenes look at the game since mobile game companies are very secretive (for obvious reasons).

A couple of things I've taken away from it so far (it's still going on as I write this):

We SHOULD get the Gacha Changes where a Gold Crystal will always be a 4 star base and a Rainbow will always be a 5 star base.

It sounds like Square / Enix calls most of the shots and makes a lot of the decisions but they take a long time to do so. Alim, the Japan company, coordinates with Squenix and then Gumi brings things over to Global. It also sounds like there isn't as much communication between regions as you'd expect or like. It also sounds like Squenix wants rates on good units very low and Alim / Gumi has to fight them quite a bit to keep the rates roughly equal between Japan and Global.

The Zidane fiasco was unintentional. From what I understands this is what happened (and it's not in the AMA): 3 star bases are not all equal and there is a rarity within the 3 stars. That's why you see so many Sabins, Shadows, Edgars, Vivis and so on. These are "common" 3 star bases. The rest are less common and it sounds like Zidane has the highest rarity of all 3 star bases because they knew how good his TMR is. So here's what happened. When the IX rate up banner was released they gave a rate up to Lani (new at the time), Vivi and Zidane in the 3 star pool. But Lani and Vivi are "common" 3 star bases and Zidane is a "rare" 3 star base. The rate up was done proportionally by the initial draw percentage so that the chance to get a banner unit was, roughly, 30%. That means that Zidane's rate up was significantly smaller than Vivi or Lani.

VII was supposed to happen for the anniversary but got pushed back. It also sounds like things get changed at the last minute a lot on the Japan side. An update will be planned for weeks and then scrapped at the last minute for something entirely different.

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
Sounds like from that AMA that gumi adjusts summon rates for people who spend money, in hopes of making them spend even more. Would explain why I've never pulled a rainbow, since I spent about 50$ pretty early on in the game. Kind of shitty if that's true.