Final Fantasy: Brave Exvius

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
Tips on clearing, I've been using BCL to paralyze shit on every wave before the boss. Conserve your MP for the boss if possible. I'm running my own Sazh and whatever friend bonus unit I can find, getting like 230 gears per clear but I've also gotten 3 sacred crystals in 5 runs and several megacite. The added mats are at least some consolation.

I'm thinking next week with hopefully Lightning being a bonus unit this event will be worth clearing out at least some of the shit.

And yeah, this weeks pvp is lame, 2nd week in a row they've taken Madness Rush away from Elza and now this ExDeath I'm leveling doesn't seem so great. I was planning on finish both ExDeath and CoD from this events Gigantaurs but now I don't know what I'm going to do.

(I've been explore farming Forge/Coast for xp and to get mats for hero rings, yeah it's about the same efficiency energy wise, but it takes FAR more RL time babysitting even with a macro)

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
After being reminded Lance still works in arena to shut down Refia (thanks!), it's not quite as terrible as first glance. My matches now typically go Hex strike Cecil to stone/paralyze/sleep him so he doesn't do his annoying ass blocks, then lance Refia so she can't cure him. Raise any CoD's, then poison all of the Gilgamesh/Lightning/Luneth/Elza units and slowly work them down with shitty auto-attacks, since I don't have any physical hitters with skills that aren't banned except things like void call from CoD, which hits for 999... the same as just auto-attacking anyway. Every now and then I get a few petrifies from Lid or Refia (auto-attacking with golem staff), so that speeds it up a bit.

I've run into a few whales that obviously have a ribbon on Cecil, which makes matches infinitely more annoying, but it just makes it take 2-5 extra turns to win, so it's only a time waster.

Strossus

Silver Knight of the Realm
so i bought the 3k lapis bundle since atm i think im "ok" with units , atm my team is
5*Gilgamesh, 4*x Death,4* bartz, 4*leena and4* Faris,
other notable units i have is a 4* refia, 2 Kains, 3* xdeath, and a 3* ludmille

going to try and push xdeath or one of the others on my team to 5, and hope i can get somethign decent from the event( i used 1600 of the cogs to make the necklace)

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
Things from this event you would want to buy, ranked by priority (in my opinion) are:
Morale Badge: 1,600
Winged Saint: 9,300
Tickets: 28,000
Screamroot: 1,500
Elixir: 1,000
Quartz: 5,400
Discounted 6* mats: 19,2000

And for the time constrained, these are not worth it for the energy cost compared to more time-consuming, but energy efficient alternatives, but:
Gigantuars: 10,000
Moogles: 30,000 (or 100,000 for the insane)

At an absolute minimum I would recommend both of the event exclusive equipments. The winged saint is a shitty dps weapon, but it's a weapon slot item with +44 defense. After his 6* upgrade, warrior of light will LOVE that fist weapon to give him an extra 44 free defense, since he won't ever be attacking anyway (too busy casting taunts and his non-attacking super breaks, or playing apothecary with ethers).

The morale talisman gets flak because it's just a hyper-wrist with an auto-buff that doesn't stack with cheer etc, but be honest, do you always cast cheer on every single round of every single battle? It's great for units that use doublehand (like the upcoming Garland). If nothing else, it's relatively cheap, and time limited. Pick it up, even if you don't plan to use it right now.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
After being reminded Lance still works in arena to shut down Refia (thanks!)

:smart:

I'm running Exdeathx2, Elza, Cecil, Refia. Elza to lance Refia and/or Cecil, Refia and Cecil for the things that Refia and Cecil do, and then chain earth shakers with Exdeath to wear the enemy team down for 2300 a turn. The only way I can lose is if Refia gets lanced or instagibbed on turn 1.

The morale talisman gets flak because it's just a hyper-wrist with an auto-buff that doesn't stack with cheer etc, but be honest, do you always cast cheer on every single round of every single battle? It's great for units that use doublehand (like the upcoming Garland). If nothing else, it's relatively cheap, and time limited. Pick it up, even if you don't plan to use it right now.

It's also handy during arena weeks where you can't use cheer/embolden.

Strossus

i dont know how you guys are goign to farm that much, unless the pro & elt tier give a ton, i've gotten barely over 100 doing the 1st 3

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
i dont know how you guys are goign to farm that much, unless the pro & elt tier give a ton, i've gotten barely over 100 doing the 1st 3
Previously, the elite and (to a lesser extent) the pro gave a ton, this time... not so much.

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
I'm going to do daily pulls until I get at least one synergy unit, even if it's shitty Sazh. With a 125-150% bonus from one of my own units + friend bonus unit, it's around 240'ish gears per clear. I'm going to buy the equipment, tickets, screamroot, and elixirs. That's going to take around 40,000 gears, which at a rate of ~240 per clear, is around 7 days worth of energy.

So basically, with only a single synergy unit (+ friend), I can finish this event in the first week. If next week, Lightning turns out to give +100% bonus, I'll probably farm on the second week too, and buy the Quartz, some 6* mats, and possibly even some cactuars. All of these values also don't take into account the bonus metal unit spawns, so that 7 day farm time will actually be slightly less, depending on luck.

So this event, while still pretty bad, isn't quite the crime against humanity that reddit's making it sound like. Everything of high value can be farmed in less than a week.

Strossus

@ Sinzar,
with that being said is that via your high level or could i in theroy grind out pro at my rank?

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
Those values are for grinding elite version using a team that can carry 2 dead weight slots (such as level 1 vanille's etc).

I'm using:
Cloud of Darkness (570 atk, but no dual wield)
Cecil
Agrias
Exdeath
--Carry slot-- (bartz right now, but my carry synergy unit will go here)
--Carry slot--

Basically, I use Agrias to break, Bartz or the carry unit casts imperil (from an esper), Cecil taunts heals or dispels, Exdeath uses double Lightning or Fire, and CoD uses barrage or void call. That kills wave 1 and 2 in a single round, wave 3 in 2 rounds, and the final boss dies in 2-3 rounds depending on sparks.

As for grinding pro, sure it can be done, and if your team isn't ready for elite, you don't have much choice. It may take longer to grind (I don't know the gear drops for pro), but I doubt it's more than 1-2 extra days.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I'm not having any trouble at all carrying 3 dead weight slots with Exdeath x2 and Elza. First three waves always die on one round and Warmech never attacks in round 1 if you get him below 50%. Event still sucks but it's nowhere near as bad as I thought, managed to get winged saint started last night.

ramp

Did one pull, highlights were a cecil finally (at 3*, so lb grinding it), and 4 shaz.
Doing pro runs at 15 gears/energy roughly with a decent friend attacker or magic, still going to take a while.

(4 Sazh: 50 + 25 * 4 = 150 (15 gears per energy)), my A team can't handle elite without a good friend, let alone carry lvl 1 shaz's, so pro it is.
(also put shaz as lead up)

Last edited:

fris

Vyemm Raider
nice table showing if you should hit Pro or Elite depending one what bonus characters you have access to

PRO

• No bonus units: 50 (5 gears per energy)
  • 1 Sazh: 50 + 25 = 75 (7.5 gears per energy)
  • 1 Vanille/Snow: 50 + 37.5 = 87.5 (8.75 gears per energy)
  • 2 Sazh: 50 + 25 + 25 = 100 (10 gears per energy)
  • 1 Sazh + 1 Vanille/Snow: 50 + 25 + 37.5 = 112.5 (11.25 gears per energy)
  • 3 Sazh: 50 + 25 * 3 = 125 (12.5 gears per energy)
  • 1 Sazh + 2 Vanille/Snow: 50 + 25 + 37.5 * 2 = 150 (15 gears per energy)
  • 4 Sazh: 50 + 25 * 4 = 150 (15 gears per energy)
  • 4 Vanille/Snow: 50 + 37.5 * 4 = 200 (20 gears per energy)
ELT

• No bonus units: 100 (7.6 gears per energy)
  • 1 Sazh: 100 + 50 = 150 (11.5 gears per energy)
  • 1 Vanille/Snow: 100 + 75 = 175 (13.4 gears per energy)
  • 2 Sazh: 100 + 50 * 2 = 200 (15.4 gears per energy)
  • 1 Sazh + 1 Vanille/Snow: 100 + 50 + 75 = 225 (17.3 gears per energy)
  • 2 Vanille/Snow: 100 + 75 + 75 = 250 (19.2 gears per energy)
tm progress:

Cecil 82.3%
Ludmille 87.3%
Cecil 72.4%
Gilgamesh, 38.8%

soon.....

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Table is badly incomplete, since I can take 3 bonus units into elite, and could probably take 5 bonus units into pro (if I had 5).

So is entrust permanently disabled in arena? I had this fantastic idea of putting DW + twin lance on Bartz to fill his bar turn 1 and then entrust exdeath for the autowin turn 2, but entrust is disabled, and now I seem to recall entrust being disabled in a different week as well.

jonoki

Molten Core Raider
Used that 3000 lapis bundle that was for snow to boost lightning. she's now max lvl 6 star. Got that weapon from intangir and the one from white dragon for her currently.

I can't really do the current event on pro yet unless I have a friend carry so right now I'm just planning on farming maranda to lvl up my exdeath/refia...

Nidhogg

Molten Core Raider
Hey Vorph could you make room on your friend list for Oninlan? He is in our SW/mobile gaming guild with Aevry/Thengel and needs a good lIghtning to beat the event stuff. Thanks!

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Why would he want Vorph if he wants a good Lightning?

I had an awful thought today. What if they turn off the event bonus for Snow, Vanille, and Sazh, leaving it only on Lightning, Hope, and Fang next week?

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Bah, my Lightning is like 654 ATK now, and I've still got more room to feed her pots. I think I'm going to lapis refill to finish Sakurafubuki, Power of Creation, and a Seal of Destruction for her this week; that's like 100 more ATK.

And the event message shows all six units with 50-100% bonuses, so no need to worry about that. No way am I pulling any of those shit units though, so I'm stuck with a 200% bonus for whatever little bit of farming I do. Fuck this garbage event.

I'll see if I can find someone to boot or add some more slots tonight when I get home.

Nidhogg

Molten Core Raider
I can practically duo PRO with Elza and your Lightning. I bring Tilith for the ATK/SPR/DEF/MAG buff but I'm not sure it's necessary. Got friend spots open Vorphie?