Final Fantasy: Brave Exvius

ZProtoss

Golden Squire
So... Enhancements are coming in the next week and a half or so apparently. Time for my Ramza to finally get off the bench for PvE. Upgraded Hero's Rime is insanely good (+100% all stats + HP / MP Regen)

Ether

Lord Nagafen Raider
Is Ramza the only unit worth enhancing out of the first round of enhancements (assuming we follow the JP enhancement release schedule)?

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I really doubt they'll be following the JP release schedule for enhancements. This is way earlier than we 'should' be getting enhancements, and the first batch includes Garland who doesn't even have his 6* upgrade on GL yet.

turbo

Molten Core Raider
Well I have enough mats to do 2 , maybe 3 6 stars depending on specific mat requirements. Time to get Ramza up but i'll wait to see if they follow JP or not. They can just go ahead and surprise us with a reverse order Olive Enhancement first round doubling her damage and that would suit me just fine!

On the chaining side of things, if you had 2 Orlandu's chaining, and then instantly had 2 DKC's go to finish with Ramza buffing attack isn't that going to be the strongest OTK group once those 2 reach their enhancements? (I guess Olive friend for 50% def debuff). Does the -100% dark debuff apply before the damage or after on DKC?

Also if you are going OTK with 2 of them might as well dual wield!
'
'

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
The egg units look like shit. I'm planning to daily until I get one of the 3* dudes and then save my lapis for DQ.

turbo

Molten Core Raider
Also looking at enhancements, why do I never hear about Marie? She looks pretty damn amazing abeit slightly situational.
- 5 turn massive HoT & 50% all resists
- 3 turn 100% status protection + def/spirit buff (buff probably useless) (this free's up slots on people who had to wear ribbons etc)
- Can't remember if you can DC reflect or not but 3 turn 3 attack reflect for anyone who casts spells

Plus since she is 100% support you can go straight hp/def/spirit for gear/abilities so she shouldn't die. Granted I guess she is only useful for the extremely hard and specific fights i'd assume since you would have to go Tank (WoL for breaks I guess?) + Ramza (buffs) + Maria (above) + DPS + ?? (assuming you need a healer unless the HoT's stack? then maybe Noctis could fill well).

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Green Mages are incredibly broken on fights where Green Mages are useful and worthless everywhere else.

But yes, Marie is an amazing luxury to have. Enjoy Dark Espers being faceroll difficulty.

Agree. I'll determine how deep I dive on Thursday when the actual stats/abilities come out.

They aren't even limited, I just want the 3* TM.

Vinen

God is dead
Green Mages are incredibly broken on fights where Green Mages are useful and worthless everywhere else.

But yes, Marie is an amazing luxury to have. Enjoy Dark Espers being faceroll difficulty.

They aren't even limited, I just want the 3* TM.

dsm.png

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I'd actually guess that anyone whose 6* is already out is a possibility for the first round of GL enhancements, which means FIRION! Maybe. The bump to legend killer is nifty, but enhancements bring fin briar from 240% ED to 460% ED. Only problem is I don't think there's a good wind imperil on GL yet if you're using TM knucks, which would require some equipment shuffling or just not benefitting from imperil, depending. First decent wind imperil is Forren, who is 5* base and still a ways off, first decent wind imperil that isn't a 5* base is Wind Veritas who is even farther off.

Exdeath: Batch 4, Exdeath is the best all purpose PVP mage imo. For pure damage he loses to 5* Shantotto and then William with their lvl 5 black magic, but those two can be banned a lot more frequently than Meteor. With Exdeath's magic slayers you can pretty much ignore mag and just gear for HP, and multi-hit meteor is a hefty damage boost when you're chaining them. Very time consuming to enhance multiples though.

Cloud of Darkness: Batch 3, Kinda obsolete, but a single enhancement to barrage makes it 5 hits and only takes a single T5, and the first enhancement to manslayer+ doesn't take a T5 at all, so she'll be a good budget option.

Cecil: Batch 1, Mostly just QoL stuff, autorefresh is nifty and the big regen is just for trolling people in PVP.

Bartz: Batch 4, Well...you can enhance entrust to be AoE and give reraise...pretty crazy if we got him first batch

Chizuru: Batch 1, Mixed bag. high tide enhancements are a joke because her LB is trash. Raising her to 40% base evade is actually kinda nifty if you use her in arena a lot (pair of Chizuru is my default when casters are shut down). Phantom Shadow enhancements are whatever though. You don't need more damage to hit the cap with phantom shadow pvp, and Chizuru has terrible weapon selection for elemental chaining in pve.

Lightning: Batch 1, Still trash. Only reason you might consider using Lightning is to thunder imperil for Olive on content that's break immune, so Olive doesn't have to waste time on shattering shot.

Ramza: Batch 1, Second most broken unit in the game after Rikku, who we won't have for a while. Even a shit geared Ramza with +2 rime is MVP. Enhanced breaks are occasionally handy.

Delita: Batch 1, Still trash. Breaking defense isn't nearly as useful as breaking offense.

Snow: Batch 1, Still janky as fuck but people have used him for his massve LB crystal generation, especially on ambush fights.

DKC: Batch 2, he's actually still pretty janky since he's guaranteed to kill himself with DW, and you can't stack DH materia.

Ace: Batch 3, Ace probably got the second best enhancements in the game after Ramza. 75% imperil for 3 elements and hefty mana sustain.

Seven: Batch 2, 70% imperil and aoe osmose to randomly fuck people in arena. What's not to love? Still not great, but very usable budget unit.

Luneth: Batch 4, Luneth would be the best capper in the game (unless Gilgamesh also got his enhancements) if we got his enhancements this early, but that's unlikely since they involve a combo

Refia: Batch 2, Refia's enhancements are very solid all around, although Tilith will still be better even if you have DC.

Randi: Batch 5, Randi's enhancements are very overhyped and involve a combo so very unlikely we'll get them.

Primm: Batch 5, still trash.

Gilgamesh: Batch 3, Very stronk enhancements that also broaden his weapon selection, he would be the best capper til Balthier (and better than enhanced Luneth)

Mercedes: Batch 3, still trash.

Queen: Batch 6, still trash.

Nine: Batch 4, still trash.

MFina: Batch 2, her enhancements aren't actually very good. Counter is mostly pointless, dystopia is pointless, and ultima only matters if you have more than one MFina. She also takes a lot of red stones, which you'll be wanting for your phys dps.

Luka: Batch 5, Again very solid healer enhancements, arguably better than Ysh but worse than Tilith or DC Refia.

Orlandu: Batch 7, seriously unlikely we'll get Orlandu's enhancements so soon after his release, but his enhancements are pretty shitty anyway.

Soleil: Batch 4, still trash and involve a combo.

Shine: Batch 5, still trash.

Marie: Batch 4, her enhancements aren't very good, although Marie is still amazing.

Emperor: Batch 6, some of the worst enhancements any character has ever gotten.

That's it for released units. Edited in a spoiler since it's kinda long.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
Noctis can't wear robes.

I've seen yours equipped with Cupid's Robe, which may be why you think that, but Cupid's Robe (despite the name) is actually Clothes.

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
On the other hand, Warrior of Light can wear robes. I plan to run Warrior of Light with a magi staff, lordly robes, and a few of Yshtola's TM for magic heavy bosses. These new robes are probably even better for WoL for the mana regen.

Ether

Lord Nagafen Raider
I'd actually guess that anyone whose 6* is already out is a possibility for the first round of GL enhancements, which means FIRION! Maybe. The bump to legend killer is nifty, but enhancements bring fin briar from 240% ED to 460% ED. Only problem is I don't think there's a good wind imperil on GL yet if you're using TM knucks, which would require some equipment shuffling or just not benefitting from imperil, depending. First decent wind imperil is Forren, who is 5* base and still a ways off, first decent wind imperil that isn't a 5* base is Wind Veritas who is even farther off.

Exdeath: Batch 4, Exdeath is the best all purpose PVP mage imo. For pure damage he loses to 5* Shantotto and then William with their lvl 5 black magic, but those two can be banned a lot more frequently than Meteor. With Exdeath's magic slayers you can pretty much ignore mag and just gear for HP, and multi-hit meteor is a hefty damage boost when you're chaining them. Very time consuming to enhance multiples though.

Cloud of Darkness: Batch 3, Kinda obsolete, but a single enhancement to barrage makes it 5 hits and only takes a single T5, and the first enhancement to manslayer+ doesn't take a T5 at all, so she'll be a good budget option.

Cecil: Batch 1, Mostly just QoL stuff, autorefresh is nifty and the big regen is just for trolling people in PVP.

Bartz: Batch 4, Well...you can enhance entrust to be AoE and give reraise...pretty crazy if we got him first batch

Chizuru: Batch 1, Mixed bag. high tide enhancements are a joke because her LB is trash. Raising her to 40% base evade is actually kinda nifty if you use her in arena a lot (pair of Chizuru is my default when casters are shut down). Phantom Shadow enhancements are whatever though. You don't need more damage to hit the cap with phantom shadow pvp, and Chizuru has terrible weapon selection for elemental chaining in pve.

Lightning: Batch 1, Still trash. Only reason you might consider using Lightning is to thunder imperil for Olive on content that's break immune, so Olive doesn't have to waste time on shattering shot.

Ramza: Batch 1, Second most broken unit in the game after Rikku, who we won't have for a while. Even a shit geared Ramza with +2 rime is MVP. Enhanced breaks are occasionally handy.

Delita: Batch 1, Still trash. Breaking defense isn't nearly as useful as breaking offense.

Snow: Batch 1, Still janky as fuck but people have used him for his massve LB crystal generation, especially on ambush fights.

DKC: Batch 2, he's actually still pretty janky since he's guaranteed to kill himself with DW, and you can't stack DH materia.

Ace: Batch 3, Ace probably got the second best enhancements in the game after Ramza. 75% imperil for 3 elements and hefty mana sustain.

Seven: Batch 2, 70% imperil and aoe osmose to randomly fuck people in arena. What's not to love? Still not great, but very usable budget unit.

Luneth: Batch 4, Luneth would be the best capper in the game (unless Gilgamesh also got his enhancements) if we got his enhancements this early, but that's unlikely since they involve a combo

Refia: Batch 2, Refia's enhancements are very solid all around, although Tilith will still be better even if you have DC.

Randi: Batch 5, Randi's enhancements are very overhyped and involve a combo so very unlikely we'll get them.

Primm: Batch 5, still trash.

Gilgamesh: Batch 3, Very stronk enhancements that also broaden his weapon selection, he would be the best capper til Balthier (and better than enhanced Luneth)

Mercedes: Batch 3, still trash.

Queen: Batch 6, still trash.

Nine: Batch 4, still trash.

MFina: Batch 2, her enhancements aren't actually very good. Counter is mostly pointless, dystopia is pointless, and ultima only matters if you have more than one MFina. She also takes a lot of red stones, which you'll be wanting for your phys dps.

Luka: Batch 5, Again very solid healer enhancements, arguably better than Ysh but worse than Tilith or DC Refia.

Orlandu: Batch 7, seriously unlikely we'll get Orlandu's enhancements so soon after his release, but his enhancements are pretty shitty anyway.

Soleil: Batch 4, still trash and involve a combo.

Shine: Batch 5, still trash.

Marie: Batch 4, her enhancements aren't very good, although Marie is still amazing.

Emperor: Batch 6, some of the worst enhancements any character has ever gotten.

That's it for released units. Edited in a spoiler since it's kinda long.

You forgot Agrias, although I know she's basically a mini-Orlandeau. Guess there's the possibility of enhancements for GL exclusives as well.

Edit: Nm, just saw you mentioned only units with a 6* already out.