Final Fantasy I-VI Pixel Remaster Series

joz123

Potato del Grande
Locke using masters scroll/genji glove with Ultima blade and Ragnarok will kill anything in one round.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
20230509_200329.jpg

There we go. Been wanting to see this for years, pretty much since trophies were a thing. Combined time roughly 106 hours over 3 weeks (8/9/20/15/28/26). Now I can go outside!

• 8Like
Reactions: 7 users

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Mother fucker lol. Actually, I doubt Rajaah fucked a single mother during any of that.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
20230509_235949.jpg

For anyone curious about FF7 HD, I took a look at the list for it and it looks like a pretty easy platinum. Nothing crazy in it except maybe maxing out gil. Also there's a trophy for getting Barret in the Gold Saucer "date" which I don't even know how to do. Treat Aerith and Tifa like shite for the whole game, I guess?

I already did some of this back when I got it (probably would have to start over due to the Barret trophy) and I'm seriously tempted to destroy this next. I bet I could do it in 15 hours (from the point I'm at in it which is Junon) or 20 if I started over.

Gonna try my best to resist and move on. I got my 1-6 platinum screenshot and nothing else would fit on the page anyway. I achieved my goal. Damn FF games.

• 1Pathetic
Reactions: 1 user

Chapell

Trakanon Raider
This topic is the reason i'm playing FF1 on psp. (for the first time)

Killed this lad yesterday

image.png

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Rude Rude Why you /pathetic stuff? This isn't a Reddit thread, you can talk.

20230507_183157.jpg

Looking through screenshots I took, found this, think that's pretty funny. My levels got way too high in the Floating Continent trying to spawn the Wirey Dragons. Platinum now, whatever. So that was pretty annoying. Then I didn't get any of these characters back for a bit so I was very underleveled for the first several bosses of the World of Ruin.

Had Gau in the group for nearly the entire game, part of why I crushed it faster than normal. I've seen Gau at the bottom of a few people's character lists and a lot of people saying he's terrible, but I'd say he's actually the S+ character in this game. Templar rage destroys much of the early game (through the Narshe war and maybe even Zozo) with group Fira, then Stray Cat dominates the rest of the game with Catscratch. If you can get a rare Stray Cat in the beginning of Sabin's scenario Gau can start with it, saving the hassle of going back for it after you get a common one around Kohlingen/Zozo area. Gau basically soloed Inferno while Celes functioned as a distraction in that early duo.

I didn't even get him to Super Gau cause it wasn't needed. People say Master's Scroll/Offering + Genji Glove gets it done. Well, it does. But also, if you can beat Siegfried in the Coliseum and get a Merit Award, put that on Gau and he can equip weapons. On top of his massive innate attack power. Also those weapons will proc off of Catscratch. Give him a Tempest sword (or whatever it's called now) and his Catscratch will proc the giant wind attack and hit everything for 9999. There's more to it as well that I haven't done in a long time, I think Master's Scroll also works. Either way Gau can one-shot any enemy encounter in the game at like level 40 if this is done right (while other characters need high levels for Ultima Weapon to do full damage).

Why would anyone want to do that though? For the luls, when you've finished the game a bunch of times over and have nothing to prove. I just ran with normal Gau (couldn't beat Siegfried until the end anyway and never got a Merit Award in this run so I don't even know if it still works).

Locke using masters scroll/genji glove with Ultima blade and Ragnarok will kill anything in one round.

Yeah but you need endgame levels for UW to work that well and Ragnarok is also generally obtained very late. The Setzer method with Fixed Dice+Black Belt+Master's Scroll can be done very early in WoR and at substandard levels, which is good if someone actually needs to beat Siegfried for a Merit Award or Exp Egg. I did do it at the end if the game so in my case either would have worked.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Rude Rude Why you /pathetic stuff? This isn't a Reddit thread, you can talk.

View attachment 472959
Looking through screenshots I took, found this, think that's pretty funny. My levels got way too high in the Floating Continent trying to spawn the Wirey Dragons. Platinum now, whatever. So that was pretty annoying. Then I didn't get any of these characters back for a bit so I was very underleveled for the first several bosses of the World of Ruin.

Had Gau in the group for nearly the entire game, part of why I crushed it faster than normal. I've seen Gau at the bottom of a few people's character lists and a lot of people saying he's terrible, but I'd say he's actually the S+ character in this game. Templar rage destroys much of the early game (through the Narshe war and maybe even Zozo) with group Fira, then Stray Cat dominates the rest of the game with Catscratch. If you can get a rare Stray Cat in the beginning of Sabin's scenario Gau can start with it, saving the hassle of going back for it after you get a common one around Kohlingen/Zozo area. Gau basically soloed Inferno while Celes functioned as a distraction in that early duo.

I didn't even get him to Super Gau cause it wasn't needed. People say Master's Scroll/Offering + Genji Glove gets it done. Well, it does. But also, if you can beat Siegfried in the Coliseum and get a Merit Award, put that on Gau and he can equip weapons. On top of his massive innate attack power. Also those weapons will proc off of Catscratch. Give him a Tempest sword (or whatever it's called now) and his Catscratch will proc the giant wind attack and hit everything for 9999. There's more to it as well that I haven't done in a long time, I think Master's Scroll also works. Either way Gau can one-shot any enemy encounter in the game at like level 40 if this is done right (while other characters need high levels for Ultima Weapon to do full damage).

Why would anyone want to do that though? For the luls, when you've finished the game a bunch of times over and have nothing to prove. I just ran with normal Gau (couldn't beat Siegfried until the end anyway and never got a Merit Award in this run so I don't even know if it still works).

Yeah but you need endgame levels for UW to work that well and Ragnarok is also generally obtained very late. The Setzer method with Fixed Dice+Black Belt+Master's Scroll can be done very early in WoR and at substandard levels, which is good if someone actually needs to beat Siegfried for a Merit Award or Exp Egg. I did do it at the end if the game so in my case either would have worked.
There is no more Super Gau, he can't equip Merit Award in PR. He's still wicked AF with cat scratch though.

they also gave genji glove a 25% damage penalty in PR saying it was always supposed to have it.

• 1Rustled

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
There is no more Super Gau, he can't equip Merit Award in PR. He's still wicked AF with cat scratch though.

they also gave genji glove a 25% damage penalty in PR saying it was always supposed to have it.

That sucks. Yeah, he's still S+ even without the Merit Award and helped me singlehandedly roll a lot of fights at substandard levels.

The MA is something to try if people play any of the early FF6 versions again, for sure. Load up your old SNES save file and make a Super Gau, it's a fun time for a little while.

sukik

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Bought these on switch and finished ff1 a couple days ago. 30 or so years after I first started it. When I was a kid my save got corrupted when I got to the chaos temple and I never played it again.

• 1Like

Rude

Potato del Grande
Rajaah Rajaah you can max Gil out easily in FF7 by selling master All Materia.

My pathetic reaction was to you not knowing how to go on a good saucer date with Barrett. The reaction speaks for itself.

ed8.jpg

• 1Like

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
I cannot for the life of me get a Grenade to spawn for my bestiary before I start the World of Ruin. Multiple things say they're in the bomb forest west of the Veldt, and I've fought probably 30 battles there, 100% have been against "Bomb" enemies, no Grenades. Also said they could be found in the burning house in Thamasa, but I only fought "Balloon" enemies there, nothing else (other than the boss).

Fuck's sake this is gay.

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
I cannot for the life of me get a Grenade to spawn for my bestiary before I start the World of Ruin. Multiple things say they're in the bomb forest west of the Veldt, and I've fought probably 30 battles there, 100% have been against "Bomb" enemies, no Grenades. Also said they could be found in the burning house in Thamasa, but I only fought "Balloon" enemies there, nothing else (other than the boss).

Fuck's sake this is gay.

Ok it just took 25 more fights. 55 fights to spawn a Grenade, 1/16 my ass.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Ok it just took 25 more fights. 55 fights to spawn a Grenade, 1/16 my ass.

There are several mobs across the Pixel Remasters that are WAY rarer than they should be. Grenade is one, also Platinum Dragon. In FF5 there were a few that just refused to spawn as well, that weren't ever rare originally. They booked a few spawn rates, probably while they were borking Slots and Dance.

Rajaah Rajaah you can max Gil out easily in FF7 by selling master All Materia.

My pathetic reaction was to you not knowing how to go on a good saucer date with Barrett. The reaction speaks for itself.

View attachment 472970

GIF by The Titan Games

• 1Like

Fadaar

That guy
View attachment 472862
For anyone curious about FF7 HD, I took a look at the list for it and it looks like a pretty easy platinum. Nothing crazy in it except maybe maxing out gil. Also there's a trophy for getting Barret in the Gold Saucer "date" which I don't even know how to do. Treat Aerith and Tifa like shite for the whole game, I guess?

I already did some of this back when I got it (probably would have to start over due to the Barret trophy) and I'm seriously tempted to destroy this next. I bet I could do it in 15 hours (from the point I'm at in it which is Junon) or 20 if I started over.

Gonna try my best to resist and move on. I got my 1-6 platinum screenshot and nothing else would fit on the page anyway. I achieved my goal. Damn FF games.

FF7 you can max out gil in no time with the crashed Shinra airplane underwater, near where Emerald hangs out. Used to farm it for AP/gil.

Dalien

Registered Hodor

FF7 and FF8 are both pretty easy to platinum. FF9 is a bitch though, best of luck if you try.

First of all it requires:
Hail to the King
Jump rope 1000 times without tripping and obtain King of Jump Rope.

Also things like impressing all 100 nobles at the beginning, and getting Excalibur II (so basically two complete playthroughs required).

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
FF7 and FF8 are both pretty easy to platinum. FF9 is a bitch though, best of luck if you try.

First of all it requires:
Hail to the King
Jump rope 1000 times without tripping and obtain King of Jump Rope.

Also things like impressing all 100 nobles at the beginning, and getting Excalibur II (so basically two complete playthroughs required).

Excalibur II and King of Jump Rope both look kind of atrocious.

FFX is bad too with stuff like lightning dodging.

I think FF12 might have a (similar to Excalibur II?) ultrarare lance that only appears if you play the game a certain way too. And FFX-2 has the insanely-hard-even-at-max-level superbosses.

Yeah, FF7's probably the easiest of the whole lot by a fair margin.

Fadaar

That guy
Excalibur II and King of Jump Rope both look kind of atrocious.

FFX is bad too with stuff like lightning dodging.

I think FF12 might have a (similar to Excalibur II?) ultrarare lance that only appears if you play the game a certain way too. And FFX-2 has the insanely-hard-even-at-max-level superbosses.

Yeah, FF7's probably the easiest of the whole lot by a fair margin.

Doesn't 9's remaster have the speed increase option while not making the game clock go faster?

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Doesn't 9's remaster have the speed increase option while not making the game clock go faster?

No clue. I'd think that wouldn't be the case, but there was another game where that did happen recently (can't remember what).

Forgot to mention, FF7 doesn't have a bestiary trophy, so that's cool. I still managed to restrain myself from continuing.

• 1Pathetic

stupidmonkey

Not Smrt
<Gold Donor>
Finished FF1 and 2 on psp. Finished PR version of 3 since I hadn't done the 2D version before. Decided against getting all the things because it just takes to damned long with 6 of these in total. Working on 4 and After Years on PSP now.

2 still isn't the greatest in my mind. Biggest grip is that if you leveled up something it didn't continue to add to it like normal leveling and experience. If they'd at least done that it wouldn't have been as bad. Also, in some cases like weapons, I couldn't get it to gain anything around level 9 against even the strongest enemies without just hitting myself which felt like I'm back to throwing rocks ala FFT.

Didn't mind 3 but the time to level a job felt like a real grind and the only job that matters is sage and ninja towards the end just to start at level 1 again.

• 1Like