Final Fantasy: Record Keeper - Mobile Gaming Cash Grab

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Didn't realize desch USB was a dagger. Magic daggers are great just as stat sticks. I'd say that was a pretty damn good pull really.

Vanessa

Uncle Tanya
<Banned>
Been almost 10 days since a post... you guys all quit? Heh

I, for one, still relish this game and it's still the only game I play on a daily.

So anyway, this is my best attempt, and I'm truly truly stuck as to figuring out how to improve this... idk. I'd drop Relm for another dps (almost anything would work) but Larsa can't keep up with heals on his own and I obv NEED Larsa for status effect issues.

Screenshot_20180507-075743.png

Meh... I feel like such a dum-dum sometimes.

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
Been almost 10 days since a post... you guys all quit? Heh

There's just not been much new to post about. On my end at least all the 4* magicites are on farm, with 6/8 at sub-30 status. Everything below magicites is pretty much faceroll. We're getting the library at the end of the month, which is a bunch of free relics for everyone, but it's still not any new content.

Game's in kind of a slump right now with nothing exciting coming until Torment 2.0 in like 2'ish months, or 5* magicite in about 3-4 months.

Chris

Potato del Grande
Yeah just happily farming magicite inheritance, just dark left for the resit set which is always shitty to farm.

Once I've got one of each with double resit and two inherited Everae I'm going to make a couple of inherited physical double water boost for my best team.

Most of the game discussion is sharing good teams to clear hard content but I think most of the day 1 players are power creeped way past that for the moment.

There's a bunch of super bosses coming soon (Torment 2.0?), I saw that Japan has had Zeromus and Bizarro Sephiroth which looked very tough.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
Are there any good youtube channels with current GL events and mechanics? I think the only one I've watched is one of those snobs because he said Sepiroth sucks because he only chains with himself.
wrong mobile FF thread :p

Been slowly clearing Fire/Water magicites... almost have a 99 of each of the 3*, but need to figure out teams for the other magicites. I need to do the other torments yet also.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Torments are the last chance for BSBs to shine, do 'em while you still can :)

• 1Salty

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
Well, to maybe give something to talk about, I'll post my current magicite teams in case it gives anyone some ideas. I haven't been recording magicite kills lately, but if a video of any of these teams in action would help someone let me know and I'd be glad to upload a kill video. In these lists, I'll point out units that are not legend dived, but unless specifically noted, everyone else is fully legend dived.

Maliris -- about 23 second kill on average
Tidus -- sapphire shot, lifesiphon -- CSB, BSB2​
Bartz -- engulfing quadstrike, lifesiphon -- USB​
Shelke -- entrust, wrath -- no SB​
Onion -- entrust, wrath -- pUSB​
Yshtola -- curada, shellga -- BSB​

This team spends the first two rounds using lifesiphon/wrath to build up some soulgauge, then I water chain with tidus, usb with bartz, then feed tidus lots of soulgauge for him to spam his bsb2 every round. Water is one of my strongest elements so this one is an easy 23 sec or so clear.

Isgebind -- 28 seconds on average
Locke -- ruby spark, thiefs revenge -- CSB -- not dived​
Yda -- fires within, lifesiphon -- USB -- not dived​
Bartz -- flaming quadstrike, lifesiphon -- USB​
Onion -- ultra cure, affliction break -- pUSB​
Yshtola -- curada, protectga -- BSB​

This team barely squeaks out a sub-30 win, but it does manage to sub-30 him reliably. Bartz uses a bow while Locke and Yda use fire skills that are innately ranged so the air phases aren't a problem. If I were to legend dive Yda I'm sure I could drop my kill time somewhat, but this team does it fast enough so I haven't bothered.

Tiamat -- 55 or so seconds, my worst magicite
Onion -- wrath, entrust -- pUSB​
Alphinaud -- curaja, protectga -- SSB (radiant shield)​
Arc -- curada, shellga -- SSB (instant pBlink medica) -- not dived​
Relm -- ultra cure -- BSB (last stand) -- not dived​
Squall -- snowspell strike -- BSB2​

I haven't fought Tiamat in months. I farmed him 4 times to get a level 99 Tiamat magicite but haven't been back since. This team works, but it's painful and my options for ice are horrible (other than OP squall). I have to go back and farm more magicites from him soon, but I'm not looking forward to it.

Midgardsormr -- 29-36 seconds, depending on dualcasts
Ramza -- wrath, affliction break -- USB​
Onion -- meltdown, gust -- mUSB​
Fujin -- raging storm -- BSB -- not dived​
Alphinaud -- tiamat, protectga -- BSB​
Sarah -- curada, shellga -- BSB -- not dived​

I feel like I can improve this team some, but I haven't done him in a while so I haven't spent much time playing with the setup. This works, but it's kind of RNG since I need to dualcast a lot to skip some scripted attacks otherwise it can get kind of dicey.

Ixion -- 26 seconds on average
Onion -- chain stonega, wrath -- mUSB​
Aphmau -- curada, protectga -- USB -- not dived​
Arc -- ultra cure, shellga -- SSB -- not dived​
Maria -- meltdown -- BSB​
Alphinaud -- titan -- BSB​

Ixion.... you're either easy or a complete pain in the ass that requires a reset. It's just a big pile of RNG. If he uses his aoe dispel too soon, it's a reset. If he waits a few rounds until I have Onion or Aphmau soulbreaks ready to re-apply haste before he dispels it's an easy sub-30. Not hard, but very tedious.

Kraken -- 21-25 seconds or so
Shelke -- wrath, entrust -- no SB​
Lightning -- thundering quadstrike, lifesiphon -- USB, ASB, BSB2​
Kain -- cyclone bolt, lightning dive -- CSB​
Onion -- ultra cure, protectga -- pUSB​

This fight used to be one of the harder ones, until I got a fully geared Lightning from last festival, and now it's my easiest farm. I spend 2 rounds lifesiphon / wrathing up some soulgauge, then Kain drops the thunder chain, Shelke starts feeding Lightning a bunch of soulgauge, and she just lets loose a world of hurt by spamming usb bsb2 usb usb ASB and Kraken melts extremely fast.

Siren -- 27 seconds on average
Shelke -- wrath, entrust -- no SB​
Onion -- wrath, entrust -- pUSB​
Orlandeau -- dread weapon, banishing strike -- OSB, BSB​
Shadow -- ancestral reflection, shadow embodied -- BSB​
This one feels a bit gimmicky, but it works for a reliable sub-30 every kill. I use Orlandeau to OSB early on to give himself the cast speed buff, he uses banish strike to remove Siren's first haste/regen, then he just spams his BSB for the damage on entry with Shelke feeding him soulgauge. Shadow does some support damage with dark ninja stuff. It works, and since most of the damage is from soulbreaks the counter-curaja in phase 3 isn't really a problem.

Hades -- 40 seconds on average
Orlandeau -- assault saber, lifesiphon -- OSB​
Onion -- ultra cure, protectga -- pUSB​
Marche -- guardbringer, divine cross -- USB​
Iris -- curada, shellga -- BSB -- not dived​
Larsa -- wrath -- BSB -- not dived​

This one I can't really sub-30 with the team I use, but it works to reliably clear Hades every time. Larsa spends the whole fight wrathing into his BSB for astra at key times, while Iris helps with her BSB that also does astra so I never get a single status effect applied. Orlandeau/Marche do the damage. I think if Orlandeau had his USB instead of relying on his OSB I could sub-30 this, but I don't have it....

Sorry for the wall of text!

Last edited:
  • 1Like

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
no Bartz USB nor Onion USB really limits my options.

i think i should be able to do a pretty solid Ixion team, tho... i've got Ignus' CSB and BSB2, should be able to build a team around that easily, just haven't sat down with it yet.

• 1Salty

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
Did the half off FF7 pull because the banner is pretty strong overall.

2/11 -- Yuffie ASB, Zack LMR

I'm pleased. It's my only Yuffie relic, so I won't be using the soulbreak anytime soon, but it's a 194 atk thrower with +water (unrestricted), so that's amazing as a stat stick. Zack LMR won't see much use unless I pull his chain on the festival, but I'm doing some banner 3 pulls, so getting his chain is likely.

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
Should pass it my way since you don't need it.... I was hoping to land that for the future Torment 2.0 stuff!

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
1/11 Yuffie ASB... #2

At least I have her other two, and I'll get me a 7* stat stick.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Should pass it my way since you don't need it.... I was hoping to land that for the future Torment 2.0 stuff!

Would if I could :)

Once I fully Aug it, it will be my second strongest sword in neutral synergy settings, at least.

Vanessa

Uncle Tanya
<Banned>
Welcome to Dupe City, population: 1/2 off FF7 banner. I passed.

So I 100 gemmed King USB (it's great if you have the hones for his machinist abilities, which I did) then on the Beyond freebie pull got Aemo USB... it's damn good, but would have been AMAZING if she was a wrath-able healer.

A lot of people on Reddit throw the salt around on banners and such but, looking back at a lot of shit I've pulled on, I've been pretty damn blessed by RNGesus in this game. No complaints here.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
Alright, any tips for 3* magicite? I mean just clearing them, not sub30. I've got Bismark and Liquid flame down, but I don't have much for ice imperil. Decided to try Golem instead, because I've got Zack and Zidane's Wind Imperil.
Here's my team
Fujin // BSB // Raging Storm + Meltdown // EnWind LM // Ace Striker RM
Y'Shtola // BSB // Dispel + Curada // Esuna on White LM // Gathering Storm RM - Crag Armlet for Resist Earth
Alphinaud // BSB + Radiant Shield SSB // Ruinga + Neo Bahamut // Mog's Teaching RM - FF15 Camera for Resist Earth
Zidane // USB + BSB // Thief's Revenge + Life Siphon // Battleforged RM - Winged boot for Resist Earth
OK // BSB // Wrath + Entrust // Mako Might // Heavenstone for Earth Resist

Really seems like chain is crucial for the magicites :( Any suggestions for changes?

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
So I 100 gemmed King USB (it's great if you have the hones for his machinist abilities, which I did) then on the Beyond freebie pull got Aemo USB... it's damn good, but would have been AMAZING if she was a wrath-able healer.

I got King and Cinque USBs in a single pull ;)

Chris

Potato del Grande
Alright, any tips for 3* magicite? I mean just clearing them, not sub30. I've got Bismark and Liquid flame down, but I don't have much for ice imperil. Decided to try Golem instead, because I've got Zack and Zidane's Wind Imperil.
Here's my team
Fujin // BSB // Raging Storm + Meltdown // EnWind LM // Ace Striker RM
Y'Shtola // BSB // Dispel + Curada // Esuna on White LM // Gathering Storm RM - Crag Armlet for Resist Earth
Alphinaud // BSB + Radiant Shield SSB // Ruinga + Neo Bahamut // Mog's Teaching RM - FF15 Camera for Resist Earth
Zidane // USB + BSB // Thief's Revenge + Life Siphon // Battleforged RM - Winged boot for Resist Earth
OK // BSB // Wrath + Entrust // Mako Might // Heavenstone for Earth Resist

Really seems like chain is crucial for the magicites :( Any suggestions for changes?
I did all the 3* without chains and 6/8 4* without chains, chains just mean sub 30 really.

You just need a healer and buffer then 3 elemental DPS or entrusters for 3*.

Looking at your team, where are protect and shell? A healer with the Astra buff to avoid debuffs helps too but ypu may not have that.

Your Alphinaud needs Tiamat not Bahamut and Ruinga is shit. Probably better off giving him a healing spell instead of suboptimal DPS.

Onion BSB and Alphinaud SSB don't stack so just use Alphinaud BSBs.

DPS shouldn't use SB gauge materia, leave that for the healer/buffer. They need damage boosts like you gave Fujin.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Mures

Blackwing Lair Raider
Nah, he's not using a damage boost record materia on Fujin either.

So yeah, you want to be using damage boost record materia on your dps. In Fujin/Alphinaud's case either +wind or +damage vs weakness materia. Swap Zidane out with another wrath/entruster probably either Tyro or Shelke. If you by chance have Mog's bsb that is a good alternative as a boostega with mage teams against the magicites since he can cast shell/protectga and provide a little additional healing and cast faith on your dps. You want to entrust Alphinaud your first turn w/ your main entruster and get that radiant shield up asap. I personally lvled up raging storm to 6 or 8 charges used that on Fujin and equipped meltdown on Alphinaud along with Tiamat. That is enough charges to use until you have your bsb up the remainder of the fight. You can transfer 1/4 - 1/2 soul break gauge after buffs/first transfer just to get those bsb's up quicker if need be.

Haven't had as much time to play. Started the last crystal tower event that just ended the other day the day before it ended and cleared it literally as it ended, so barely clearing most content. Pulled on the VII banner, didn't get the Cloud usb, but got his bsb2 and Tifa legend materia light armor x 2 which has small boost to earth damage on it.