Final Fantasy: Record Keeper - Mobile Gaming Cash Grab

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
My lightning options are very strong, so this banner is a pass for me, but it's a top tier banner that doesn't have any duds on it (among the 6*). Well, other than not including a chain relic, which is weird for a themed banner. Palom USB is probably the jackpot since it's amazing in six elements, not just thunder.

Somewhat on topic: With the buffs to witch skills, I went ahead and honed Hell Thunder and fully dived Shantotto (I have her USB). That cut my Kraken farming time by about two seconds (average 14 second clear now). The witch spells are really powerful if you have a chain and a reliable source of quickcast.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Finally finished off all the 4* Magicites... My Isgebind and Hades clears really need some work tho.

Isgebind I use Locke OSB spam with Glint for en-Element... Tried messing around with ability based builds, since I also have both his USBs, but OSB spam seems to work best. My fire options aren't too great, I've got Refia USB I could add in and that's about it. I guess I could also maybe figure out how to add in Bartz w/ Glint and OSB.

My only good mage fire relic is Terra USB, but that wasn't cutting it when I tried. I've also got Vivi and Krile en-fire BSBs, Vivi BSB2, and Papalymo BSB. Maybe I should revist a mage build.

Hades seems like I should be doing a lot better than I am. I have a TON of physical holy options... WoL CSB, Orlandeau's OSB and BSB, P.Cecil BSB, USB, and AOSB, Beatrix BSB and OSB, Ceodore BSB and USB... Celes BSB and OSB, um... I know that's not even all... Oh yeah,Ramza BSB2... Also Hope BSB1&2 and OSB, Rem BSB... Two different Astra healers in Larsa BSB and Iris BSB... But just about every combination I tried failed til I landed on --

Orlandeau -- Assault Strike x2 (OSB, BSB)
Ramza -- entrust bot (BSB2)
Ceodore -- Divine Cross + Guard Bringer (USB, BSB)
Larsa -- Shellga + Wrath (BSB)
Warrior of Light -- Protectga + Assault Strike (CSB)

Unicorn Magicite

Everyone LDd. The extra healing from Ceodore was crucial.

Even that setup barely beat 60s.

Siren ended up being pretty easy, Cloud USB+BSB3 spam. Gave him dark heavy combat abilities but ended up not even really using them. Shelke entrust bot, Ramza BSB2 + entrust bot, Aphmau USB, Larsa BSB to help protect healers from Silence. Maybe I should drop Larsa and bring my decked out Riku (just missing LMR) or Sephiroth with his sexy new USB.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
My lightning options are very strong, so this banner is a pass for me, but it's a top tier banner that doesn't have any duds on it (among the 6*). Well, other than not including a chain relic, which is weird for a themed banner. Palom USB is probably the jackpot since it's amazing in six elements, not just thunder.

Somewhat on topic: With the buffs to witch skills, I went ahead and honed Hell Thunder and fully dived Shantotto (I have her USB). That cut my Kraken farming time by about two seconds (average 14 second clear now). The witch spells are really powerful if you have a chain and a reliable source of quickcast.

How were they buffed?

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
How were they buffed?
Witch skills are 2.6s cast speed, 6 hits, and were previously 8.0 modifier (aka worse damage than a 4* black magic)

They're still 2.6s cast time, 6 hits, but now they're 12.0 modifier (which is more damage than 5* chain spells)

If you can mitigate the slower cast speed (TGM RM, Allegro, Onion USB, Elarra USB, quickcast trance like Shantotto's, etc) then they're superior to black magic after the buff (more hits, higher potency)

On my Kraken team as an example, Shantotto uses the TGM record materia (300% casting speed buff for 25s at start of fight), and I use Allegro with Garnet (stacks), and I use Elarra's USB (stacks). Kraken doesn't deal enough damage to activate Shantotto's trance, but if that did happen to activate it would stack to.

With just TGM RM and Allegro, the witch skills have something like 0.4s cast speed, which is effectively instant cast, but they hit for 9999x6 (60,000 damage per use, doubled under her USB mode for 120k a turn). That's with a 2.0 chain active though, it's harder to cap them without a good chain.

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
pharmakos pharmakos If curious, here's an example of buffed witch spells in action (in spoiler):

I use Voltech 3 times to get Shantotto into her USB, then I use witch spells under USB mode (her usb mode is witch double). Most dangerous thing is the massive counter spam from running two mages both with ability double usb and/or dualcasting on top of it. Ramza with auto-sentinel RM soaks all the counters and he's geared for tankiness so it's fine, and he feeds all that glorious counter soulgauge to Elarra for USB healing/quickcast.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Well that was a TOTAL waste of 25 mythril at a time when I should be saving.... 1/11, Red XIII's old 10 attacks + Shellga SSB.

Bah.

yimmien

Molten Core Raider
1/11 Aerith USB2. She was already my most used healer with just the old USB1. Pretty damn hyped over that pull.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
Mastered the D280 Wrexsoul FF6 torment in 25 seconds with my usual off-realm Palom + Garnet combo, with support from Relm, Mog, Kefka. Exact lineup was:

Garnet -- Curaja, Shellga -- CSB
Kefka -- Voltech, Allegro -- no SB
Relm -- Curada, Hastega -- BSB
Palom -- Chain Thundaja, Chain Thundaga -- USB
Mog -- Enfeebling Jitterbug, Multibreak -- SSB

Magicite: Unicorn (active)

Video: D280 Wrexsoul 25 seconds

I only saw one sleep, which Astra from Unicorn blocked (I pushed him through a threshold fast enough that the other sleep was skipped). Kefka kept quickcast up with Allegro and did some support nuking while Palom did the heavy lifting. I had a close call from pushing two thresholds back to back later in the fight, but Relm's last stand BSB kept me alive. I didn't bother to kill the small guys.

I really should dive Garnet. She's been on all of my torment teams, and will probably be on all the future teams as well. Even though her dive doesn't do much, the automatic full heal from trance would be really helpful and relieve the healing stress in these fights.

Last edited:

Chris

Potato del Grande
Got 32 seconds on the D280, this is the easiest Torment but the sleep is bad for speed running it.

Terra is capping 9999 on Meltdown from the very start so I wonder if I should either swap to Chain Stonaja which I made (losing +fire weapon buff), wait for her 5* legend dive (I'm 7 4* Wisdom Motes short) or try her with Thunder God RM (losing RM much more damage buff).

Team was:
Mog BSB (Hastega/Faithga), magic debuff dances, 3* Dive.
Relm BSB (Last Stand), Protectga/Ultra Cure, 3* Dive.
Edgar USB, Flame Offering/Burning Snipe, 5* Dive.
Celes BSB2, Shellga/Blastspell Strike, 5* Dive.
Terra USB, Valigarmanda/Meltdown, 4* Dive.

Main Magicite: Mom Bomb (magic boon, double fire boon).
Sub Magicite: Evrae (double attack boon) then the Lightning/Fire/Ice dampens all double inherited.

Adds die in two Valigarmanda casts, so 4 uses needed. Edgar was a bit dissapointing with his DPS actually, I think I forgot to cast a second real chain though which may also help me make up those last two seconds.

This is the second torment where a dancer is helpful (FF7) and the second one where a fire machinist is helpful (FF12), so perhaps it's worth honing those abilities. Black Magic and Spellblade awesome as usual, fuck you Final Fantasy 7.

EDIT: Got 27 seconds after using Unicorn as main magicite but more offensive magicite in the other slots, with Terra having Thunder God RM (she still capped after realm chain had a few hits on it).

Last edited:

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
i really probably shouldn't have done it, because i can barely afford it, but i just dropped the money for the Dream Relic Draw to buy Terra's OSB to go along with her USB.

the 11-draw that went along with it wasn't very useful, dupe of Rude SSB glove. I already have a couple 6^ Tifa gloves for FF7 synergy.

Chris

Potato del Grande
i really probably shouldn't have done it, because i can barely afford it, but i just dropped the money for the Dream Relic Draw to buy Terra's OSB to go along with her USB.

the 11-draw that went along with it wasn't very useful, dupe of Rude SSB glove. I already have a couple 6^ Tifa gloves for FF7 synergy.
Yeah... I have her USB and OSB and I just used her USB twice. The USB does 100,000 and grants buffs while the OSB does 99,999?

You may be able to use it on the 5* Magical Ice Magicite?

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
On easier content the USB into USB is better because it caps regardless. For harder stuff where you aren't capping, the USB into OSB is better because the OSB has more than double the damage modifier, so it will do way more than re-casting the USB. For reference:

USB -- 17x modifier
OSB -- 40x modifier

So the OSB does more than double damage (if not capping)

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Yeah... I have her USB and OSB and I just used her USB twice. The USB does 100,000 and grants buffs while the OSB does 99,999?

You may be able to use it on the 5* Magical Ice Magicite?

the OSB really isn't that much better on damage than the USB? i just assumed it was. hm.

edit -- posted at the same time as Sinzar. yeah, i got it for use on the hardest content, so it's an upgrade for me then apparently.

Chris

Potato del Grande
the OSB really isn't that much better on damage than the USB? i just assumed it was. hm.

edit -- posted at the same time as Sinzar. yeah, i got it for use on the hardest content, so it's an upgrade for me then apparently.
I don't use OSBs so listen to Sinzar! Maybe I should, Ashe OSB was great on the FF12 Torment.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
i use OSBs in about half of my Magicite teams. i've only sub-30d two of the 4* battles, tho, so maybe i should improve my strategies.

just played around with my new Terra OSB a bit, and it isn't helping me with the D??? VI Torment as much as i thought it would. just can't seem to push out enough damage to get him out of his first Phase before he decides we've taken too long and spams us with 99999 damage attacks.

it helps my Isgebind team a LOT tho, and i really need to sit down and farm up a bunch of ice magicite, so that's good.

Chris

Potato del Grande
Yeah the FF6 Torment is weird.

It's been the easiest one to get sub 30 on for the first two difficulties but I just can't do enough damage to it in the third difficulty to get it out of Phase 1.

I've got 400 rubies and 4 abilities bought so I guess this is fine for now.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
did a purely fanboy pull on the FF6 banner, since i love Setzer -- i have him Legend Dived with my only good relic for him being his ancient AE ATK/MAG break Unique SB -- and he won't be featured on either of the banners in the next FF6 event. plus already have Strago and Mog LDd and use them frequently. already had three of the relics on the banner, tho, so a bit of risk...

ended up going 4/11, no discos --

Sabin BSB
Setzer BSB x2
Mog LMR

so i was happy. honestly might do another pull on it, it for some reason is available through October 10th. we'll see how things look around festival time. there's three items on the banner i would still really like to have -- Strago CSB, Mog USB, and especially Setzer LMR (which is needed to make his BSB really shine).

Chris

Potato del Grande
did a purely fanboy pull on the FF6 banner, since i love Setzer -- i have him Legend Dived with my only good relic for him being his ancient AE ATK/MAG break Unique SB -- and he won't be featured on either of the banners in the next FF6 event. plus already have Strago and Mog LDd and use them frequently. already had three of the relics on the banner, tho, so a bit of risk...

ended up going 4/11, no discos --

Sabin BSB
Setzer BSB x2
Mog LMR

so i was happy. honestly might do another pull on it, it for some reason is available through October 10th. we'll see how things look around festival time. there's three items on the banner i would still really like to have -- Strago CSB, Mog USB, and especially Setzer LMR (which is needed to make his BSB really shine).
I saw a lot of theorycraft on reddit over a year ago about comboing his chases for stacked breaks, then Magicite came out immune to breaks and nobody mentioned it again. Could be good since breaks work on Torment.

I'm mostly fine with surviving the boss though, I'm actually considering dropping Mog with break dances for Locke to get more DPS.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
I saw a lot of theorycraft on reddit over a year ago about comboing his chases for stacked breaks, then Magicite came out immune to breaks and nobody mentioned it again. Could be good since breaks work on Torment.

I'm mostly fine with surviving the boss though, I'm actually considering dropping Mog with break dances for Locke to get more DPS.

Yeah like I said, was a fanboy pull. I realize neither is going to help much of with endgame content.

Vanessa

Uncle Tanya
<Banned>
I don't know what to do with my Jecht guys and could use advice.

The game has fed me (idk why) lots of relics (5 total) of his on odd pulls, realm pulls etc. So I figured okay, maybe I should look into diving him since he's at least got +50 atk from these random relics. He has a good tree with double cast dark abilities which is solid.

The problem is that his relics are... strange.

I have his LMR with infuse fire to begin battle, and his BSB that is fire based Monk attacks but like I said his dive-tree is darkness based.

I also have his BSB that is dark based which infuses dark which is solid to pair with his dive-tree but his skills for that BSB are monk too. Would the double cast legend materia work with monk attacks that are dark based or would they have to be Darkness-line abilities like Crimson Cross to trigger? I'm somewhat hurting for dark orbs so I can't hone too many dark abilities atm.

Have his USB too but it lacks infuse dark and is pretty meh.

-- Basically, I don't know whether to dive him and use his dark BSB exclusively or pass due to his inconsistent SBs that I explained above. Whatcha think?