Final Fantasy: Record Keeper - Mobile Gaming Cash Grab

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
pic.jpg

I'm done, fuck this festival.

That was a dupe already btw...

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
Had some free time today so I sat down and knocked out all of the Warrior battles from the festival. Here's some videos of the D300 of each. These were fun to me. They were a great challenge (well, except gimpy Garland), but it didn't feel stupid like magicite fights. Why can't they give us fights like this every single week instead of once per 3 months.

Yojimbo -- used physical fire
Odin -- used physical wind (but everyone in backrow)
Gilgamesh -- used magical thunder
Garland -- used physical holy

Yojimbo was by far the hardest. He deals ridiculous damage very fast and I won with only 1 member alive at the end (but still got mastery).
Odin wasn't "hard", but his constant spam of Stop that has like a 20 second duration had half my team sitting on the bench for most of the fight.
Gilgamesh did high damage, but as readers of this thread probably know, my thunder mages are +++ so it was lol.
Garland was no problem. He felt out of place among the D300 bosses. Much easier than the others.

We get the finale boss tonight. Hope it's fun too and not stupidly tuned.

These bosses are a fun reminder of why they had to gut the RW system for most fights. I used Tyro USB3 as the RW for every encounter, and even though we can RW the locked normal wall everywhere else, being able to completely ignore haste/shell/protect as well as wall because of the RW is unbalanced.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
Now for the finale superboss, Siegfried!

Orlandeau -- Healing Smite, Saint's Cross -- OSB
Ramza -- Assault Saber, Aegis Strike -- CSB
Elarra -- Curada, Enfeebling Jitterbug -- USB
Lenna -- UltraCure, Heathen Frolic Sarabande -- USB2
Marche -- Guardbringer, Divine Cross -- USB

RW: Tyro USB3
Magicite: Siren (active)

This was a good final boss. Hard, took me two tries to adjust my team before winning, but wasn't tuned for ultra whales.

yamikazo

Trakanon Raider
I've been getting back into this again. Depleted my mythril pre-fest doing all the 5 & 15 mythril banners. Picked up some nice powercreep stuff, etc.

Fests usually burn me out with too much content and hard boss battles, but just coming back to the game I've been spending just as much time finishing the 4* magicites. Missing a chain for fire but cleared it with ease.

Staring at the 4* holy and dark, what's good to know? I'd like to farm those up a little bit for the magicites before throwing myself at the 5* stuff which I should be able to clear. Are dark ninjas any good, or am I resigned to finally honing physical darkness abilities beyond R1?

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
Staring at the 4* holy and dark, what's good to know?

For hades, a source of astra is almost required to avoid the scripted AoE status bomb he does a few times during the fight. You also need to deal with an aoe dispel at 50%, so have your re-buffs ready.

Siren you need decent burst damage to deal with her phase 3, where she has a 100% chance to counter every hit with a self 10k heal (counters multicasts with multi heals too). Mages can work on Siren, but she does aoe silence a few times during the fight, so it's easier to just go with physical (or if you really want to go mage, add astra).

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
I still such at Hades so I don't have much advice there, but Siren is one of the ones where just having an Entrust bot feed your best one or two Darkness users is pretty viable. She doesn't counter Soul Breaks when she starts auto-potioning in Phase 3.

yamikazo

Trakanon Raider
Thanks for the tips, dudes. Been stomping through the game well enough without looking at the AI threads (thanks powercreep), so these cliff notes are great.

Hades is kicking my ass. I should have the relics for it (WoL 1.0 chain, TG Cid USB, Iris BSB), but it's not coming together yet. My strategy and tactics are still rusty!

Vanessa

Uncle Tanya
<Banned>
Legend dive Shelke. She can be completely relic-less and still be a great top tier character to employ as a wrath / entrust bot in almost any fight. If you're getting status affected by Hades, she could be the help you need to give more SB bars for Iris.

How'd everyone's free 33 draw go?

yamikazo

Trakanon Raider
Shelke's been legend dived forever. :smuggly:

Got Hades down at 32 seconds. With only a single 3* holy magicite, that's an easy sub-30 once I farm up those sweet Evraes, or I could play with soul break timings for some optimization. In the end, it's a frustratingly fun fight – I tinkered with a few teams that I knew were all close to victory, but ended up choosing something more conservative and from there it was just about timing the dispel.

Team was:
TG Cid with USB, OSB, and instant + 2 instant turns SSB – Assault Saber, Healing Smite
WoL with 1.0 Chain, BSB (en-holy), and OSB finisher – Protecta, Assault Saber
Shelke – Wrath/Entrust bot, of course
Onion Knight USB – Wrath, Affliction Break (made this ability just to be conservative)
Iris with BSB – Shellga and instant-cast cures for the SB gain

Was surprised to see just two DPS and an Entrust bot manage to nearly sub-30.

Onto Siren! Time to farm 8 Evraes and then???

Tentative team of:
TG Cid with USB, etc stuff
Sephiroth with USB, glint
Garland with 1.0 chain
Onion Knight with USB
Some USB healer
Still need to create/hone abilities. All my physical darkness stuff is free R1 stuff.

PS – 33 draw was largely a bust @ 4/33: Reynn USB might be good for the 5* magic ice magicite? Mog USB is awkward. Cinque BSB might be decent in Type 0 Torment? Lightning BSB2 is a worthless dupe.

PPS – pulled on the Lucky Draw too, because half-priced pulls are hard to pass up. Went 5/11 with 2 discos, but the disappointment was real. Two dupe Cloud USB2 (makes a good +wind stat stick, I guess?), 2 dupe Cloud LMR, and dupe Bartz LMR. I guess that qualifies me for a lot of rainbow points and they don't totally stuck at stat sticks?

• 1Like

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
New Year Lucky Draw, pulled Orlandeau USB. Considering I almost decided to get it from USB select a few months ago, pretty happy.

33x, got Luneth AOSB, Faris USB3 dupe, Fang OSB, Guy BSB, Rubicante BSB. Maybe most excited about Rubicante, since it brings me one step closer to my dream of having a relic for every character. Luneth AOSB should be nice too, have a few other SBs for him to go along with it, and Zack CSB to beef it up. It's my first 21-hit AOSB, so that'll be fun.

Chris

Potato del Grande
Got Cloud ASB, need to work out how to cast both USBs then that.

No Fire Chain. Got x2 Vincent bUSB on the fire banner which was annoying.

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
FF3 Ahriman torment D280 was much, much easier than the last 5 or so we've had.... got it in 16 seconds with:

Palom -- Chain Thundaja -- USB
Onion -- Chain Thundaga, Hastega -- no SB
Desch -- Voltech, Bard Shell -- USB
Arc -- Curada, Ultra Cure -- SSB
Garnet -- Valigarmanda, Allegro -- CSB

Video: Ahriman D280 16 seconds

I took out the first 3 versions of festival Bahamut too. The 3rd one for the accessory was seriously irritating to clear (not hard, just tedious as hell because idiotic mechanics), but it's worth the headache for that accessory. Don't miss it.

yamikazo

Trakanon Raider
Which one? I love Mog!

The new? one. Buffs Attack, Magic, Mind, and quickcast 3.

On a character without white 5 or bard. It's a fine stacking buff with quick cast but no haste. I have never liked Mog in this game (even during his introduction when he was a quasi-usable white mage or dragoon); his ability access is too limited to fit him into 5-character content in a meaningful way.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
That's his old one actually. I use it quite often, tho it's not good for Magicite, which is what you're focusing on lately right?

It basically turns Mog into the Dancer version of Ramza with USB1.

Helps that I have Mog LDd and have his LMR and BSB to boot, tho.

Vanessa

Uncle Tanya
<Banned>
With the 6* machinist and samurai abilities released, does this complete the new abilities being rolled out via Torments?

Also what are your thoughts on which ones to get and hone or is it still a matter of "well which characters are your strongest, and which magicite battles are you weakest in?"

If so, how about: which abilities are clearly a peg above the rest? :)

Chris

Potato del Grande
With the 6* machinist and samurai abilities released, does this complete the new abilities being rolled out via Torments?

Also what are your thoughts on which ones to get and hone or is it still a matter of "well which characters are your strongest, and which magicite battles are you weakest in?"

If so, how about: which abilities are clearly a peg above the rest? :)
No, there are more coming.

#1 All the Black Magic spells since there's so little choice in 5* magic attacks and most good mages have Black 6. There are two left to be released.
#2 Anything that pairs up with a CSB/USB you use in a 5* Magicite fight.

• 1Like