Final Fantasy: Record Keeper - Mobile Gaming Cash Grab

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
does this complete the new abilities being rolled out via Torments?

Also what are your thoughts on which ones to get
New 6* skills are added each month in JP, so there's still a lot more to come. I posted my thoughts on a lot earlier in the thread, but here's my thoughts on the new ones since then (these are only my personal opinions):

Warring Cold (samurai) -- Ayame is I think the only ice samurai, and she's not good enough to buy a ruby ability for, skip
Cold Offering (machinist) -- If you have Laguna chain or USB, this is an easy purchase
Scary Blizzard (witch) -- If you have the latest Rinoa, Lulu, or Ysale relics then this is worth considering for Typhon

Demon Cross (dark) -- Good choice to help beat Lakshimi, especially if you get Seph's awakening relic
Necro Count (dark) -- Good choice to help beat Madeen, especially if you get Seph's awakening relic (lol, but im serious)

Holyja (white) -- Useful to beat Ark if you have one of the offensive white mage USB's
Chain Tornado (black) -- Buy all of the 5 hit black magics eventually. This one is to beat Adamantoise.

Chain Blizzaja (black) -- See above. This one is to beat Typhon (though it's very late).
Lunar Dragon (summon) -- If you have a meta holy summoner.

Impulse Dive (dragoon) -- lol dragoons
Ironfist Ice (monk) -- If you're still using Snow as your ice chain holder.... I guess? I'd still skip anyway, Snow sucks.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Chris

Potato del Grande
Funnily enough Sephrioth made heavy use of 4* Black Magic when he is in your party in FF7, so him being a mage isn't as silly as people seem to think. Shadow Flare is one of his signature spells in the final boss battle and it could be a high level dark spell...

yamikazo

Trakanon Raider
That's his old one actually. I use it quite often, tho it's not good for Magicite, which is what you're focusing on lately right?

It basically turns Mog into the Dancer version of Ramza with USB1.

Helps that I have Mog LDd and have his LMR and BSB to boot, tho.

I've been focusing on Magicite lately because I'm behind on levels/inheritances for half the elements, yes.

It doesn't help with Magicite, it doesn't help with Torment, and most regular weekly content is a joke of difficulty. I don't see where I'd ever use it over another non-hastega boostga or in lieu of a proper white mage soulbreak. Maybe his LMR and BSB boost up his poor ability possibilities to make him usable and it's not a-horrible use of extra soulbreak points (e.g., Ramza USB1 when you already have Shout up), but given I don't have those, he's resigned to my bench.

Just seems like the game gave me some sandpaper when the tools to properly accomplish the tasks at hand are hammers, screwdrivers, and powerwashers.

Mures

Blackwing Lair Raider
So no USB dream select draw this time around really blows since I've been saving that pull from the last one because it didn't add the gems to my account.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
So no USB dream select draw this time around really blows since I've been saving that pull from the last one because it didn't add the gems to my account.

Damn that would be a kick in the nuts. Sorry bro.

Mures

Blackwing Lair Raider
View attachment 183640

I love Bartz. Both 5* fire magicites mastered now. Team for Phoenix was:

Shelke -- wrath, entrust
Tidus -- Sapphire Bullet -- CSB, BSB2, Glint (and LMR)
Bartz -- Stormspell -- USB1, USB2
Elarra -- LunarLeviathan, Shellga -- USB
Onion -- MagicBreakdown, Entrust -- pUSB

Shelke wraths twice and feeds Tidus, then next round entrusts Bartz, which gets both the DPS online.
Elarra has MakoMight and she starts with Shellga, then she waits until the 3rd nuke then uses USB, then she uses Lunar Leviathan once (for more SB meter).

From there, Shelke + Onion feed all their gauge the rest of the fight to Elarra, and Elarra uses her USB every.... single.... damned.... round. Onion does have to refresh his pUSB once though around 15 seconds.

This fight is so dumb. Requires literally an instant medica every single turn (on top of her Regenga effect) to survive. I had to hone entrust to rank 4 for this fight.

The upside is that means everyone has permanent quickcast from Elarra's USB.

If I had Tidus USB this could be sub-30, but.... I don't have it.
Started my first attempts at 5 stars today, started with Phoenix. Got him down on about the 12th attempt. Used the same team, but aerith instead of elarra. I couldn't really get things going at first, but reading your post gave me the idea to use mako might on aerith and knights charge on shelke and that allowed things to line up nicely, just entrusted aerith with shelke and ok each turn past those initial turns and using gizmaluke and reapplying pl pusb one turn. I have and used both tidus' and bartz's aosb in the fight and ran out of entrust hones r4 and r3 in the end, had just enough for one last aerith USB and last stand procced on my dps and sap would have killed them had I not killed him first, took just over 35s.

• 2Like

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
Grats!

I've been kind of meh on FFRK lately. I made one serious attempt at Manticore, got him to about 25%, then wiped because I couldn't get haste back up after he removed it. I'm sure I could work out my timing to fix that issue, but whatever, don't feel like dealing with it.

I full clear weekly events and do dailies, but that's it. I'm in hibernation until 4th anniversary powercreep makes all this current content a joke, then I'll go back and clean it up like a scrublord.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
I didn't even finish all of the holiday festival events. Feels like a shame giving up lately after investing so much time into it the past... Wow, four years almost? But maybe it's time to hang it up, idk.

• 1Like

Vanessa

Uncle Tanya
<Banned>
It's still a fun lil diversion, idk. Not being top of the food chain is something I accepted right after 5* magicites LoL... and that's okay and that's what keeps this all from feeling like I need to hang it up. That and I'll never spend 1 penny on this game. If I managed to avoid every USB select draws, I can avoid anything they toss our way.

How lame is that Premium Pass, amirite?

Mures

Blackwing Lair Raider
What am I doing wrong in the crystal tower anima fight? I hate how non-helpful the tips can be sometimes. It says if both arms are up he'll counter, but he counters every time even with one up and if you kill both they regenerate stupid fast, like one turn. It also says each arm will do the magic attack after he loses a set amount of hp, but I just had the arms do 4 magic aoes in a row while dealing no damage to him.

Chris

Potato del Grande
What am I doing wrong in the crystal tower anima fight? I hate how non-helpful the tips can be sometimes. It says if both arms are up he'll counter, but he counters every time even with one up and if you kill both they regenerate stupid fast, like one turn. It also says each arm will do the magic attack after he loses a set amount of hp, but I just had the arms do 4 magic aoes in a row while dealing no damage to him.
I think I killed the arms then used an insane DPS like Orlandeau USB under Cloud's USB1 RW.

Mures

Blackwing Lair Raider
No rw in crystal towers. If it's just a matter of more dps/heals then fuck it. I was just assuming I was doing something wrong.

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
I ignored the arms entirely and yeah, just lolbursted his ass down. It was messy, but I won with 3 alive and got mastery.

Forgot the exact team though.

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
My February Crystal Tower full CM clear:

Teams:

Kuja -- thunder mages
Shiva -- water physical
Balthasar -- fire mixed
Siegfried -- daily farm team

I think this month even Gavinmad Gavinmad might be able to take out a boss. Then again, Siegfried is the master swordsman, so maybe not.

yamikazo

Trakanon Raider
Fucking gacha is ruthless.

Against my better judgment, I dumped 150 mythril into this banner because my Ice stuff needs help and it's a great FF8 banner for Torment.

3 pulls. 3/33, all discos. All Rinoa ASB.

Over a month's worth of resources spent intelligently on a great banner and it won't help me clear any content. Thanks game.

• 1Solidarity

Chris

Potato del Grande
Finally got my first chainless clear on the magic fire magicite (38 seconds). The way to do it is getting lv6 imperil and just like with chains, it's viable to bring a character with the wrong damage type (here its a physical imperiler in a magic fight).

Screenshot_2019-02-09-14-38-12.png

I used:

Onion Knight mUSB (1st bar cast mUSB as first move, 2nd bar entrust to Ellara, 3rd bar cast after the first haste removing move, 4th bar entrust to Ellara). Onion Knight summons the Wall RW as his second move and Phoenix Magicite when it's available.

Vivi USB. Could be replaced with any other fire DPS combo.

Vincent BUSB. Could be replaced with any other Brave USB, potentially an OSB would do. His trance really helped early on as the middle slot takes a lot of damage at the start, so you may need someone with trance (Vivi or Terra) or higher defences (Onion Knight) in the middle.

Ellara USB. The boss spams sap, you'll need the boss script to time heals for after sap lands as it cancels out the Regenga. You can probabaly swap Ellara for someone else since the Regenga is often cancelled, such as Rosa USB to blink away some of the moves. Last Stand probably isn't helpful given everyone will be sapped. You'll also need the boss script to time Hastega after haste is removed (happens twice in the battle unless you are really slow).

Cid (XIV) SSB. Yeah... he does fuck all damage. Cid was the best imperil I could find since he can use Heat Offering, has medium doublecast on it dived, can overwrite the buff when the boss boosts it's resistence (again use the script to time it) and his SSB does two levels of imperil. Could be replaced with any Machinist with a better imperil SB, doublecast probably doesn't matter too much as I was aways at lv6 but I did have some luck at the start gtting stacks.

Last edited:
  • 2Like

Chris

Potato del Grande
View attachment 194522

D280 in 20 seconds

There's no support 5 units in the entire FFXI realm. Completely stupid.
The new character is a dancer, that's better than Support nowadays for debuffs but I guess no entrusts!

I managed sub 30 with a realm team using Aphmau BSB and Prishe SSB (medica and last stand ON A MONK) to stay alive while Shanttoto raped it. Had to use that +1000hp accessory on Prishe to keep her alive.

I'm finding the DPS on these pretty easy now with so many 6* abilities, it's just surviving the damage.

• 1Like

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
Yeah exactly, the incoming damage is lol levels of insane (if you're pushing phases fast enough to sub-30 that is).... it's easier if you "turtle" because those massive nukes are scripted to go off as the first action per phase. Pushing a phase per 3 seconds means the boss goes back to back to back with those ridiculous aoe's without your team having a break because the boss uses the "tame" rounds as 2nd or 3rd action per phase (which you won't see in a speed clear).

Most of the time I deal with it by having the realms support5 unit wrath -> entrust the healer so I can keep up. Except..... not in this one!