Final Fantasy: Record Keeper - Mobile Gaming Cash Grab

Chris

Potato del Grande
FFRK_2019-03-24-23-25-43.jpg

Chainless clear of Madeen, just beat it 8 times.

Onion mUSB
Exdeath USB (low damage but medium party mag/mnd boost)
Raines BSB and OSB, used the OSB twice at the end but breaking savage mode is not necessary.
Nabaat BSB (imperil dark)
Ellara USB and one use of BSB (last stand)

All max dived and watered. No magia points.

Nabaat is an imperil machine as her dive gives her an additional change to imperil and her BSB has an imperil command when you run out of hones. Lots of people on reddit are using Kuja BSB instead.

Exdeath summons the first RW so he dies a little later to Momento Mori doom at around 50 seconds. The new 6* dark ability next month will really help with his DPS as there's a bit of Momento Mori spam at the end which is low damage, worth it for the higher damage earlier on though.

Nobody else I can find online has used Exdeath but the mind boost helps trivialize the stop. Ellara is immune and Onion Knight is only out for a turn. Gear them for mind in slots 1 and 5.

Onion Knight entrusts Ellara, sometimes I gave the second entrust to Raines for OSB to clear savage mode towards the end.

Hades as your magicite as you need the damage. First 4 kills were a little rough as it goes over a minute but once I had an inherited Madeen to add to the team it was stable.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

yamikazo

Trakanon Raider
I hate Fest time because I feel like there's a massing outpouring of resources for what is often a very small gain. Spent 110 Mythril today with the USB & 17 pulls and didn't come away with much at all.

In the end I got:
USB Pull – Beatrix USB (solid), Balthier USB (trash dupe)
LotR 1 – Thief BSB (trash)
LotR 2 – Leon BSB (trash)
LotR 3 – Ingus LMR (trash dupe)
LotR 4 – Decil LMR (may not suck if I pull Decil stuff later on)
LotR 5 – Galuf LMR (trash dupe)
LotR 6 – Gogo LMR (trash)
LotR 7 – Cloud BSB1 (trash dupe)
LotR 8 – Zell BSB (trash dupe)
LotR 9 – Beatrix BSB (trash)
LotR 10 – Lulu LMR (trash)
LotR 11 – Ayame OSB (trash dupe)
LotR 12 – Balthier BSB1 (trash dupe)
LotR 13 – Vanille LMR (trash)
LotR 14 – Thancred bUSB (trash)
LotR 15 – Notics LMR (trash dupe)
LotR Tactics – Mustadio USB (decent +fire gun, otherwise functionally equivalent to Balthier)
LotR 0 – Jack USB (decent? +fire Katana)

I'll be going all-in on the Terra/Bartz banner then finding whatever Mythril is hiding in the couch for Dissidia before likely waiting until next Fest.

PS – the free 40x and 8x pull were also pretty rough.
40x gave me two 6*––Red XIII's USB and Krile's OSB, both dupes and worthless stat sticks––along with three 5* in Mia's BSB, Gogo's dupe BSB, and an Auron BSB.
8x gave me Locke's ASB and I'm short on +fire melee weapons but I've none of his stuff to make use of the soulbreak, and the rest was shite – Basch BSB, Krile LMRx2, Ingus BSB (not radiant shield one), Seven's LMR, another Auron BSB, and Gogo VI LMR.

What a load of crap.

Last edited:

Mures

Blackwing Lair Raider
Notable 8x gave me WoL aosb, decent have a bunch of items for him, and lulu en ice lmr. 40x was garbage aerith USB2 dupe and elarra usb that I just bought dupe. Notable parade draw, I got strago chain.

Last edited:

Chris

Potato del Grande
Holy shit, they added the end bossed of FF6 as the festival superboss.

Really fun fighting the first three phases one after another, that was one fucked up boss.

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
Angelwatch Angelwatch did a banner 3 pull and got Edward's chain, which I really really want, so he tempted me to do a pull even though I planned to skip....

One pull and got 2/11 -- Edward CSB and Prompto CSB (also new)

I'm pleased

Let's hope that didn't spoil my luck before B4 though, which has the true prizes of this fest

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
i only have enough mythril for one pull (fucking Kingdom Hearts banner lol)

and agh i don't know where to spend it

fuck it, i'll do the chain banner --

Vincent Glint and Prompto LMR dupe lol

fml damn you two! :)

i've already got Vincent's Chain, so Glint isn't bad, easier to slip in between chain casts than a full cost SB.

Chris

Potato del Grande
Got Vincent's Chain which I'm REALLY pleased with, I was only missing Fire/Dark chains and if you are only going to have one then Vincent's is the best given that he can also use Physical damage.

I already beat the Ice magicites (with much effort and difficulty) but I'm going to try them again with the chain.

Funnily enough the Magicites I'm struggling with are the WInd ones and I have Snow and Rinoa's chains for those :/

• 1Like

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider

550 mithril, but I got my Bartz awakening

and every single other relic of the banner.... a lot of times

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
No mythril for an 11 pull, but got Cloud's Dark Heavy USB from 100gem.

• 1Like

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
I still haven't beaten either ice magicite, but instead of working on those I decided my team would be significantly boosted if I could get my hands on Madeen to upgrade Evrae to the 5* version for double r15 surging power. Problem is my dark magic options are kind of meh....

I did a pull on DIssidia, went 1/11 with Vayne's LMR, so that was a total bust.
Back on that 500 gem draw we had last festival or whatever I picked Vayne USB to try and help my dark situation.

I worked on Madeen for a while, but still wasn't getting anywhere close, so next up was honing a bunch of dark skills to r5 which was crazy expensive, but I needed it. Still more work, still coming up short.

I don't have a magic dark chain, though I do have Seifer's physical chain. I tried him for a few times, but he's mostly dead weight other than casting the chain. Even in magic gear best I could do was like 2300x4 (no dualcast) for his damage. Instead I swapped in and dived Nabaat for imperil stacking, which worked way better since she can actually contribute damage too.

Finally I gave in and started to TMR farm Magia farm (with a macro, ain't nobody got time for that otherwise). After my dark team had farmed up about 160 or so magia levels (maxing out their MAG for the dps and MND for the two buffers, with the rest in HP), and max crystal waters on every unit of the team, it was time to try again:

Team was:

Onion -- Entrust, Wrath -- mUSB
Nabaat -- Dire Heal r5, Memento -- BSB
Raines -- Dispel, Wrath -- BSB
Vayne -- Dark Zone r5, Memento -- USB
Elarra -- Allegro, Shellga -- USB

Hades (main), Evrae, Necrophobe, Geosgaeno, Phoenix

Video: Madeen in 45 seconds

Plan is to farm this guy for 12 kills (which is going to be annoying), then make 3 copies at max level. One will get double health boon one will get double ATK boon, and one will get double MAG boon. Two of those should fit into virtually every team (depending on MAG or ATK team). That's going to be 23% surging power, which is a massive power jump from my previous 10% surging power from only running one Evrae (since he only has one inheritance slot).

• 1Like

Chris

Potato del Grande
New update:

5* Dark Magicites
3* Mote Dungeons
15 Mithril Realm Draws refreshed
Torment Ruby rewards increased retroactivly

I actually have enough rubies for all the Torment abilities now!

• 1Like

Chris

Potato del Grande

I pulled all 17 realm refreshed draws

Some great pulls, some duds, it's all in the video :)
That's crazy.

I'm starving for mithril chasing dark chains, I don't know why when I farmed 12 Madeens without one lol.

Only did one trying to get Seifer's Dark chain and got Squall's Fire USB which is kinda cool.

• 1Like

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
Ark felt easier than a lot of previous magicite bosses.... it only took two pulls to get a mastery kill (in 41 seconds). Then again, 2.0 chains of the proper element and type are pretty much cheat mode on these battles, so yeah....

Edward -- Allegro, Mind Song -- CSB
Arc -- Holyja, Holy -- USB
Raines -- Wrath, Memento -- BSB
Rosa -- Wrath -- USB2, Glint
Tyro -- DeDia, Affliction Break -- USB3

RW: Insta heal

Video: Ark in 41 seconds

I never summoned a magicite, so the boss was permanently in enrage mode for the extra damage taken (and dealt). The boss does a 99,999 attack every few turns in P3 so you need either last stand or magic blink to do this guy. Thankfully Rosa's Glint is outstanding for this fight (though her USB1 would be just as good). It felt almost like Tyro and Edward were dead slots other than the soulbreaks they brought, but even with only two DPS units this guy dies really fast thanks to not breaking his enrage. I may swap some skills around, drop the mind song, give Affliction break to Edward instead, and give Tyro entrust for Rosa. Will play with it.

I find it funny that more than a year later (or more?) Raines BSB is still meta, carrying half the team's damage in both 5* holy and dark magicite battles, lol.... talk about a broken relic for it's time.

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
After working out some problems with my original strategy, I got Lakshmi in 36 seconds using:

Seifer -- Reaping Scythe, Banishing Strike -- CSB
Shadow -- Dark Ninja Skills -- BSB
Rosa -- Wrath, Hastega -- USB2, Glint
Vayne -- Demon Cross, Sanguine Cross -- USB
Cloud -- Grand Charge, Wicked Press -- USB3

RW: Wall
Magicite: Ark (main), Hades, Madeen, Necrophobe, Geosgeno

Video: Lakshmi in 36 seconds

Originally, I was going with only two DPS and a bunch of healer/support because I was so worried about the confuse/sleep debuffs so I stacked Astra users. That turned out to be a terrible idea trying to turtle on this fight. After going and looking at how other people were doing it, I realized the correct way to do this fight is to go full on DPS and push her hard enough that she never gets a chance to cast confuse or sleep. Adding 4 DPS with Rosa to heal worked out great. Rosa also lets me blink the savage poltergeist in p3 which totally avoids a big nuke + haste removal. This kill could be cleaned up some, like I used a medica right before a gravity attack came in, which was a waste, but overall this team is stable.

So now Lightning, Water, Fire, and Holy magicites are totally finished.
Earth and Dark each have one of the two beaten (Ark and Hecaconteir), but I haven't done Deathgaze or Adamantoise.
Haven't touched Wind yet, and I tried Ice a few times like a month ago, but I need to go back soon with my new relics.

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
After finishing farming up all the madeens needed, it's time to go back to the ice magicite and work on them. Last time I tried Mateus I got destroyed. After pulling Bartz awakening I tried him, but with USB1 + Awakening, it still wasn't even hitting hard enough to break savage mode. I thought about it, then decided to change my strategy.

With 3 copies of Madeen in my magicite deck, and changing Bartz soulbreak lineup.... now I cap 20k per hit with Bartz. Exact team was:

Locke -- Fire Assault, Lifesiphon -- CSB, ASB
Galuf -- Fires Within, Armor Break -- BSB (fire imperil)
Tyro -- Entrust, Wrath -- USB3
Bartz -- Blastspell Strike, Lifesiphon -- Awakening, USB1, BSB (fire)
Rosa -- Wrath -- USB2

RW: Raider
Magicite: Belias (main), Phoenix, Madeen, Madeen, Madeen

Video: Mateus in 32 seconds

So the key was to spend the first few rounds just lifesiphoning a whole lot to build gauge. Then, with some entrust help from Tyro, Bartz goes all in with BSB for en-fire into USB1 into Awakening. With all of those stacked up, and Locke chain going, he's now capping 20k per swing. I did use Locke's ASB as the final blow, but it was honestly super overkill and not relevant at all.

Because Mateus doesn't provide anything unique for inherits, I only have to do 3 more kills then I'm done with him.

Last edited:

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
This thread seems dead, so I'm probably talking to myself, but for completions sake I'll keep posting clears of my journey through the magicites that I've had on the back burner for the last few months. This time I cleared out Manticore and Typhon, both sub30.

Still going with the "max dps, don't hold back" strategy that's been working for the last few bosses, I dropped the second healer I had been trying and went full burn on this guy. With enough DPS, you can make Manticore skip most of his annoying mechanics. Team was:

Locke -- Fire Assault, Mind Break -- CSB
Onion -- Chain Firaja -- mUSB
Rosa -- Wrath -- USB2, Glint
Terra -- Lunar Ifrit -- Awakening
Krile -- Meltdown, Bard Protect -- USB

Video: Manticore in 20 seconds

Locke summons the RW, then uses his chain. When Manticore uses magic shield he removes it with mental break. Krile buffs bard protect, Onion uses mUSB, then all three DPS go to town with fire nukes, using their SB once it charges. Rosa wraths into USB2 for healing, and uses her glint to blink to avoid the haste removing nuke in p3.

Next up was Typhon, and after seeing a reddit post about how to auto-battle Typhon, I made some adjustments to fit the relics I owned and tried it..... then I killed Typhon four times with 100% auto-battle in 25 seconds, zero user input. Talk about lols for a fight that most people say is one of the hardest magicites (but to be fair, awakening relics powercreep these bosses so hard). Team for Typhon auto-battle was:

Onion -- Voltech -- mUSB -- MakoMight, LMR
Palom -- Chain Blizzaga x2 -- USB -- +30% Ice
Laguna -- Frozen Offering -- CSB -- Knight's Charge
Rosa -- Wrath -- USB2 -- Battle Striker
Terra -- Valigarmanda -- Awakening -- +30% Weakness

Video: Typhon in 25 seconds with auto-battle

Strategy for this fight is to enter it with the Raider RW and..... let it play itself.

That leaves Syldra, Adamantoise, and Deathgaze as the only magicites left for me to beat.

Think I'm going to focus on Syldra tomorrow when the monthly mission resets.

Last edited:
  • 1Like