Final Fantasy: Record Keeper - Mobile Gaming Cash Grab

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
as i mentioned, been getting back into the game lately. decided i want to finally tackle 5* Magicites (hadn't beaten any previously, mainly due to not wanting to brute force through the trial and error finding the right ghetto setup, tho i'm sure i could have beaten many of them already).

i know it's against common advice these days, but i picked Tyro God Wall with my Gem Select. i figure he's probably not my BEST choice for any given Magicite, but he should be good enough, so being able to slot him in will help decrease the amount of trial and error time i spend beating any given Magicite boss.

decided to start with Quetzalcoatl since i have good Earth stuff in general, and recently picked up Cinque USB.

after browsing party setups in the Mastery thread on Reddit, i put together this team:

Bartz | Tremor Assault R4, Blastspell Strike R3 | USB1, Glint | Axe DMG+ RM, 6* Earth+ Axe, Earth+ Armor
Cinque | Grand Charge R4, Stone Press R4 | USB | DMG+ RM, en-Earth LMR, 6* Earth+ Hammer, Earth+ Armor
Tyro | Wrath R5, Entrust R3 | USB3 (God Wall) | Dr. Mog RM
Elarra | Ultra Cure R4, Curada R4 | USB | Gathering Storm RM
Ingus | Wrath R5, Magic Breakdown R4 | CSB, Earth Radiant Shield BSB | Mako Might RM, Earth+ Weapon and Armor

Main Magicite: Earth Guardian
Subs: 2x Catastrophe, Earth Guardian, Firemane (For the Spell Ward and Resist+)

RW: Fabula Raider (tho i forgot to recast it at the halfway point)

ended up beating him in 59.00 seconds. i'm sure i can speed things up, but IDK if i'll bother, might end up taking longer overall if it leads to accidental defeats.

i've also got some other really good Earth physical characters, most notably Tifa with USB2 and AOSB. R4 Ironfist Earth to go with it. perhaps i should ignore what i said there^ and try her in place of Bartz once...

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Except it isn't against common advice. Tyro USB3 is still a meta SB in Japan even with them being like 6-7 months ahead in power level.
I've seen a LOT of people recommend against it. Maybe they're wrong, but it is common in Reddit comments at least to recommend against it.

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
i've also got some other really good Earth physical characters, most notably Tifa with USB2 and AOSB. R4 Ironfist Earth to go with it. perhaps i should ignore what i said there^ and try her in place of Bartz once...

I also have Tifa USB2 and full dived her for this fight, and bought the 6* earth monk skill. I used her like twice and benched her. Bartz blows her away in my experience (with a chain, which you have).

Tyro usb3 is one of those relics that isn't part of the "best" team setups so whales say it's garbage, but it's super convenient to slot and use him in most fights for the average player. I grabbed it in a previous select a while back and don't regret it. He's part of a few of my 5* magicite teams.

Elarra USB is most important though. Anyone who does not have Elarra USB, that's your pick, even if you have every single other healing USB in the game, Elarra is better.

• 1Like

Mures

Blackwing Lair Raider
Yeah, Rosa usb is one of those relics that has managed to always evade me despite many attempts at it.

yamikazo

Trakanon Raider
Tyro USB3 is cool if you aren't trying to sub-30 fights. Problem is he isn't your healer, he isn't your boostga, he isn't a good entruster, he can't deal damage, and the most important part of his soulbreak is wall which you get for free as a RW already.

When you aren't fighting the clock he's plenty convenient but for playing the game on hard mode that USB3 is mediocre.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
got another pull on the Sora/Riku banner -- Sora ArcaneOSB dupe, Riku Glint dupe#2 (reforged to an 8* now), and... Sora USB to go with his BSB and Arcane. still a bit lacking without his LMR, but i'm happy. first time KH rolled around i dropped like 200 mythril and only got Sora's Glints, so hey.

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
Your dedication to this banner is impressive, especially with 4th anniversary in two weeks!

• 1Like

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
biggest draw for 4th anniversary is the chain banner, right? i've already got a chain for every element. but yeah, two pulls is enough for the KH banner.

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
If Dena doesn't nerf it, the Bartz/Terra banner during the festival is amazing. That's where I plan to chase.

yamikazo

Trakanon Raider
The chain banner kinda sucks because most of the stuff is crappy realm chains. The real prizes are awakenings and Terra/Bartz are both damn near omni-elemental levels of stupid powerful.

Vanessa

Uncle Tanya
<Banned>
Pharma making those heart > mind decisions LoL!

It just feels like if your mythril is going anywhere except fest banners for the BotB relics, it's wasted to me.

• 1Like

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Galuf's doublecast-monk LMR from my free daily pull today, nice. got him LD'd (was hoping it would push me over the edge for the FFV D??? Torment) along with his +ATK/MAG, Hastega, en-Earth USB and a couple older SBs from his fire-focused days. mayyyyybe this LMR will put me over the edge for that Torment, i was real close already. gotten a couple other pieces of FFV tech since then, i think just Kelger BSB is relevant tho.

Chris

Potato del Grande
How is everyone doing with the new update?

I'm waiting for the next batch of torment abilities (ice and dark element) before attempting the wind and holy magicites.

I've got like 4 years of rosetta stones I only use on 8* weapons, so I maxed the free FF5 ATK Artifact Dagger (Bartz has 1000 attack with synergy). Trying to make sense of which weapons to save for, consensus on reddit/gamefaqs is get the FF3 MAG and FF0 MND daggers then save for the elemental weapons which are not out yet.

Considering making a macro for Magia points, I think getting 200 points on a character takes a day. However I'm hesitant to risk a day 1 account switching devices and potentially accidentally deleting it. Farming orbs and crystals is also worthwhile so there's no rush I think.

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
Still hoarding for the Bartz banner in a few days. My parade draw notables up until this point are:

7th Gladiolus LMR
Vayne OSB (one of the few dark swords)
Shantotto ASB (I have her USB too)
Krile USB2 (I have her USB1 already though....)

However I'm hesitant to risk a day 1 account switching devices and potentially accidentally deleting it.

I've been using both my phone and an emulator (Nox) to play FFRK for 2+ years, including upgrading the emulator about five times (which Google thinks is replacing it with a new phone each time). No issues at all with FFRK or any other mobile games I play.

Make sure your account is linked to google play and you can log in anywhere else that's also logged into your google play account. I don't know how it works on IOS if that's your thing though.

yamikazo

Trakanon Raider
Yeah these first-gen artifacts are a trap.

The new softcaps, etc. have made my 5* magicite farming a lot less stressful.

Could probably sub-30 Lakshmi right now, but I don't have much desire to run magicites instead of grinding dailies and I already have my 20 clears for the month. I'd love to grab Golbez's chain on the upcoming Dissidia banner and then sub-30 Madeen should be worth farming for a quick 20 clears.