Final Fantasy: Record Keeper - Mobile Gaming Cash Grab

Chris

Potato del Grande
I have a really good Typhon team with no ice USBs, you just need the chain:
Shanttoto USB with 6* Ice Witch
Vivo USB with 5* Chain Blizzard
Rinoa CSB with 6* Valigarmanda
Onion Knight mUSB with 5* Chain Blizzard
Ellara USB with Allegro con Moto and Mage Hymn.

For Deathgaze you just bring your FFT Torment team: Orlandeau USB, Marche USB, Ramza CSB, Agrias USB2. I then used fucking Minfilia as my healer with her Glint 2000HP stock, I had an attempt with Orlandeau solo healing with the 6* Knight Doublecast and I think that could work. The DPS is so tight I'm winning with Orlandeau having a few seconds on his room, so the trick is bringing 5 DPS.

I've beat everything except:
Syldra
Adamantoise
Lakshmi
Arc

For Syldra I've got a solid Physical Ice team and can get to High Stakes, just need Snow USB or BSB to go with his chain and turtle, or Squall OSB/AOSB to break the enrage after High Stakes.

Adamantoise and Arc I just don't have Magic Wind and Holy DPS USBs, I kinda need Syldra magicite to try Adamantoise.

Lakshmi I don't have a dark chain. I have Sephrioth Awakening and USB2 combo ready to go and it sucks without the chain. I beat both the ice bosses without a chain so it's really annoying this doesn't seem possible.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
I tried deathgaze once the other day, but was very slow and died to doom. I think I have the tools for him, just need to sit down and grind it out to finetune a setup.

Instead of working on magicite I went and cheesed all of the D?? torments (yes, all 17 of them) for the mastery rewards. For those of you who don't know about the trick:

Build a team that can deal at least 10% damage to the D?? torment boss. Have someone bring Break (4* black magic) and use it to petrify one of your team members. As long as you deal at least 10% damage to the D?? boss, and have at least one unit petrified when you wipe, you still "win" and get mastery, including all of the rewards.

Doing that for all 17 of the D?? torments is a massive pile of rubies, 5* motes, and crystals.

In the process, I realized some of these I could make a team and probably full clear with some work, but for now it's back to magicite progress.

I have full cleared FFT and FF5 torment D?? though (both of them in about 35 seconds).

yamikazo

Trakanon Raider
Yeah I keep up with the thread, there's just very little to discuss. Weekly content is a joke and I'm clearing enough sub-30 on 5* magicite for the monthly rewards.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Chris

Potato del Grande
I tried deathgaze once the other day, but was very slow and died to doom. I think I have the tools for him, just need to sit down and grind it out to finetune a setup.

Instead of working on magicite I went and cheesed all of the D?? torments (yes, all 17 of them) for the mastery rewards. For those of you who don't know about the trick:

Build a team that can deal at least 10% damage to the D?? torment boss. Have someone bring Break (4* black magic) and use it to petrify one of your team members. As long as you deal at least 10% damage to the D?? boss, and have at least one unit petrified when you wipe, you still "win" and get mastery, including all of the rewards.

Doing that for all 17 of the D?? torments is a massive pile of rubies, 5* motes, and crystals.

In the process, I realized some of these I could make a team and probably full clear with some work, but for now it's back to magicite progress.

I have full cleared FFT and FF5 torment D?? though (both of them in about 35 seconds).
I did the 10% rewards which was loads of Rubies and Motes considering I often got way past 10%.

I didn't do the Stone thing for mastery, I assume that's just the mastery rewards (Orbs and Crystals) and not the bonus times rewards?

Mures

Blackwing Lair Raider

Yeah, I'll have to do that then.

• 1Like

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
With some work I managed to get Syldra down with mastery in about 38-45 seconds or so, but it depends almost entirely on imperil procs. If I don't get an imperil proc on turn one, I just reset. Team I use is:

Snow -- Icicle Rush, Banishing Strike -- USB (ice radiant shield)
Rosa -- Wrath -- USB2, Glint
Laguna -- Icy Offering, Ice Snipe -- CSB, USB
Eiko -- Curada, Shellga -- USB
Bartz -- Snowspell Strike -- Awakening

Video: Syldra in 42 seconds

Turn one I hold Snow and Rosa's actions for just a moment while Laguna uses Icy Offering (reset if imperil doesn't land), Eiko does Shellga, and Bartz calls the RW Wall, then I have Snow start casting Banishing Strike and Rosa uses her Glint (haste + mblink) after the first attack from Syldra lands. Syldra's haste is removed by Snow, and then the first Thundaja is blinked thanks to Rosa, which prevents the turn 2 wipe that was giving me massive headaches trying to problem solve.

After that it's mostly a matter of Syldra killing herself thanks to CSB + Ice Radiant bouncing back a lot of damage while Laguna keeps stacking those imperils, along with tossing in more imperils from his USB when I have spare gauge (keeping up CSB is the priority though). Bartz uses his awakening to help break savage during phase two, though even with chain and imperils, sometimes Bartz still doesn't break savage unless he crits. Syldra is way too stupidly tanky.

The final phase is mostly just spamming medicas (including last stand) while Syldra keeps killing herself on the radiant shield, with some minor damage tossed in from Bartz and Laguna. After Bartz's awakening wears off, he's low damgae, but I think him breaking savage mode during p2 is worth the party slot.

I have an almost relic complete Squall with USB2, OSB, LMR, full dived/watered and a lot of magia farmed..... and he doesn't even fit on the Syldra team. Feels bad man.

Edit: Got my 4 Syldra kills in. Best kill was 32 seconds when everything lined up perfectly and dualcasters went nuts.

Last edited:

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
Second to last of these posts from me, don't worry!

With four copies of Syldra farmed up, I moved on to Adamantoise. I had never even attempted this guy before, but it only took about four test pulls and some adjustments to make a team work. Exact lineup was:

Faris -- Wrath -- CSB
Onion -- Tornado, Dispel -- mUSB
Terra -- Meltdown -- Awakening
Barbariccia -- Chain Tornado, Memento -- USB
Rosa -- Wrath, Protectga -- USB2, Glint

Video: Adamantoise in 32 seconds

The trick here was to arrange the team so that they could survive without healing until Rosa is able to cast protect AND wrath twice, which means no heals until my fourth turn. Terra was the perfect answer to that problem because slot 3 gets hit multiple times early in the fight, and her trance mode full heals her, allowing her to survive until Rosa's USB2 is online.

Onion handles the dispels, Faris summons the RW, Magicite, and uses chain. I pre-emptively apply Rosa's glint so that the haste removing attack is blinked and we never lose a moment of haste. I'm able to push the boss fast enough that the only confuse I see is moments before the boss dies, and by then Faris and/or Rosa aren't important anymore.

I already farmed up four copies of this guy, and one run was actually 27 seconds when Barbariccia dualcasted just about every turn, but the other three kills were about 32 seconds, but this team is very stable and once I got the kinks worked out I got four kills in a row without any problems. Too bad this is another one of those espers that is no point to farm more than four copies because this team isn't tedious at all to win. Oh well.

Only thing left now is Deathgaze.

Vanessa

Uncle Tanya
<Banned>
Yeah I keep up with the thread, there's just very little to discuss.
^ This

I still read it and still enjoy everyone's posts here. Something happens when you stop putting $ into the game tho. It's still fun and a daily do-er, but it loses some magic. Odd how that is, isn't it? As far as posting here, it's like... well... so hey guys, I pulled some more dupes! Yay! Heh~ Nothing's been really fresh in the game or post worthy (least on my end) just DUE to not investing in the game anymore and getting ho-hum pulls when I do slowly build mythril :) I'm just glad everyone is still finding their own joy in it... it remains a great, polished product that's extremely enjoyable to kill some time with.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
And there we go, that makes 16/16 of the 5* magicites mastered. Deathgaze completed in 29 seconds with:

Marche -- Assault Saber, Lifesiphon -- USB
Ramza -- Assault Saber -- CSB
Orlandeau -- Healing Smite, Lifesiphon -- OSB
Rosa -- Wrath -- USB2
Agrias -- Assault Saber, Lifesiphon -- USB2

Video: Deathgaze in 29 seconds

After putzing around trying to stick to a budget with things like divine cross and guardbringer, I finally decided whatever, time to go all in. I crafted and honed up three copies of Assault Saber to r4, and maxed Healing Smite to r5. Once everyone was doing 5 hit attacks every single round, that kept the chain count high enough for Madeen to break savage mode when he popped in, with Orlandeau's OSB helping pick up the slack. I try and save some SB gauge with Marche and Agrias for the final phase for when they're blinded, with Lifesiphon as a backup.

I finished up farming the four copies of Deathgaze too.... so now I guess I'm totally done with magicites until 6* because all my elemental magicite decks are complete. I'll auto-battle farm Famfrit sub-30 six times per week for the mission, but otherwise suppose stamina will now be spent re-stocking my orb/crystal supply because crafting a bunch of skills to go on this magicite clear journey was expensive.

• 1Like

Chris

Potato del Grande
Got inspired by Sinzar clearing everything and tried Syldra again, this time with two healers (Ellara and Aeris). I can get it to about 5% then it destroys me.

Going to have to wait for Anima Lenses and get Snow's USB or somehow get Laguna's chain.

Maybe I should resort to clearing the rest with Radiant Sheild strategies?

• 1Like

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
My only elemental radiant shield is ice from Snow, but it was a pretty crazy amount of added damage (and chain building). Would recommend if you have elemental radiant shields + chains in other elements.

Not sure how good basic radiant shield is though since it isnt boosted by chains (and doesnt boost the chain itself either).

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Out of curiosity, how does Radiant Shield interact with Realm Chains? Does it build the chain if the character the damage is reflected off of is from the right Realm?

Some real LOL janky strategies possible if so :)

yamikazo

Trakanon Raider
Out of curiosity, how does Radiant Shield interact with Realm Chains? Does it build the chain if the character the damage is reflected off of is from the right Realm?

Some real LOL janky strategies possible if so :)

No.

The only time radiant shields build up any chain count is with a matching elemental radiant shield + elemental chain.

Chris

Potato del Grande
My only elemental radiant shield is ice from Snow, but it was a pretty crazy amount of added damage (and chain building). Would recommend if you have elemental radiant shields + chains in other elements.

Not sure how good basic radiant shield is though since it isnt boosted by chains (and doesnt boost the chain itself either).
Tried basic Radiant Shield, Syldra triggered High Stakes at 75% health at ~45 seconds and I just turned it off in disgust. I think I'm done with this boss for now.

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
We got a new type of event today, the Dream battles. They're kind of like torment battles, without having to worry about the timer. Definitely feels easier than D?? torments though because I was able to full clear the D350 on my first attempt, with only one legend dived unit.

I went with full realm synergy, even though you can bring two off-realms with only minimal penalties. Plan was to do a test pull then adjust, but I won first try so... whatever. Team I used:

Tidus -- Sapphire Bullet -- CSB
Rikku -- Sapphite Shot, Steal Power -- BSB
Paine -- Stormspell Strike, Banishing Strike -- USB
Wakka -- Magic Breakdown, Armor Breakdown -- BSB
Yuna -- Curada, Hastega -- USB

RW: Wall

Video: Iron Giant in 29 seconds

Only Tidus was legend dived. The fight was kind of rough, and Tidus actually died super early, but Yuna's USB brought him back later and he got back into it to help out. I really should have brought in an off-realm all-star or two instead of using meme units like Wakka, but I don't know, maybe keeping it fully in-realm is why I won first try. In any case, it's nice to get a new type of fight, and supposedly we're going to be getting a lot more of these dream battles so yay.

• 1Like

Vanessa

Uncle Tanya
<Banned>
Screenshot_20190517-090753_FFRK.jpg

Gotten from daily pull... best daily so far because my Selphie (which of course means my entire VIII realm healing) was weak. It's not great because this is an A-1 relic, just that it felt like it filled a HUGE hole in that department!

Questions for the more knowledgeable:

#1) Any tips on organizing relics based on need? Between my vault and my item list which I've capped at 750, it's getting absurd how much clutter there is. For a game that's just a cute F2P gacha essentially, you could make multiple in-depth spreadsheets about all the mechanics of this game; it can be daunting. Organizing relics isn't the easiest task in the world here. Should I be letting accessories go first (that's what my gut is telling me) or what? I was just wondering if there's good tips you guys could share to streamline the process of "cleaning up" your relics :)

#2) I got Ultimecia's USB via realm pull. Her deep dive is dual-cast wind. Wind mages aren't a dime a dozen ! Is this one relic alone worth a dive for her? Or should I dive Selphie instead due to the above? My wis/spirit motes are lacking.

Thanks in advance gang!

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
View attachment 207985

Gotten from daily pull... best daily so far because my Selphie (which of course means my entire VIII realm healing) was weak. It's not great because this is an A-1 relic, just that it felt like it filled a HUGE hole in that department!

Questions for the more knowledgeable:

#1) Any tips on organizing relics based on need? Between my vault and my item list which I've capped at 750, it's getting absurd how much clutter there is. For a game that's just a cute F2P gacha essentially, you could make multiple in-depth spreadsheets about all the mechanics of this game; it can be daunting. Organizing relics isn't the easiest task in the world here. Should I be letting accessories go first (that's what my gut is telling me) or what? I was just wondering if there's good tips you guys could share to streamline the process of "cleaning up" your relics :)

#2) I got Ultimecia's USB via realm pull. Her deep dive is dual-cast wind. Wind mages aren't a dime a dozen ! Is this one relic alone worth a dive for her? Or should I dive Selphie instead due to the above? My wis/spirit motes are lacking.

Thanks in advance gang!

1) The way I do it is a bit painstaking, but thorough -- I go through sorting my inventory for each state+realmsynergy combination and make sure I have enough of each item type to fit a full team in that realm.

As an example, in FF6 I have a bunch of 6*/7* daggers, so I don't have to keep many other weapon types from that realm. FF7 tho, I've got several good katanas, which not a lot of characters can equip, so I've also gotta keep around swords and gloves and etc.

Of course, I keep any +element weapons even if their overall ATK/MAG stat is lower on the list when sorting.

Accessories I do the same thing, sorting by element/debuff resistance. I recently realized that I have 5 Major Silence resistance debuffs, so I got rid of all of my lesser relics that have just silence resist on them. Cleared out like 5 inventory slots that way, which feels like a lot these days (I'm also capped at 750)

2) if you still need to beat the 5* Earth magicite boss then I'd say she's totally worth a dive.

• 1Like

Vanessa

Uncle Tanya
<Banned>
2) if you still need to beat the 5* Earth magicite boss then I'd say she's totally worth a dive.
Dived, and sexy~ thanks Fam.

One great thing I can say for DENA, is that they DO tend to listen and take care of their player-base when issues and PITAs arise. Probably just a matter of time before they raise the cap to 1000.

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
Every time I pull a new soulbreak, I add it to a spreadsheet that keeps track of all soulbreaks I own. It's minimal effort to keep it updated since it's just 5 seconds when I pull a relic (which is like once a month or less). Having all my soulbreaks in a spreadsheet though is a massive help when planning out teams. Zero chance I could memorize all the soulbreaks I own otherwise and would forget about a bunch when making XXX team.