Final Fantasy: Record Keeper - Mobile Gaming Cash Grab

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Finishing Nightmare dungeons (I did about half of them before)?

yeah absolutely this, Meltdown in particular is super useful, and some of the others will still have use to you for a bit before you unlock other 6* abilities

speaking of unlocking other 6* abilities, i wonder how you'd do on the FFT Torment. you might be able to take down the lower difficulty with that team. Torments require specific team setups typically, here's the guide for the FFT one:
Code:
http://www.reddit.com/r/FFRecordKeeper/comments/8tqjdm
(had to put it in code because it kept embedding the whole damn Reddit page into this post when i just tried posting the URL)

oh BTW, now that i think about it, this is important for Nite1 Nite1 too -- you want to try to get a set of 5 moderate resist accessories for each element ASAP. they are invaluable for clearing harder endgame content. this means making sure to finish out the later stages of each event. you can also get some from the Gyshal shop, i'd say that's the best spot to dump your Gyshal Greens if you don't already have a full set of everything.

Chris

Potato del Grande
Got Ingus Awakening from the Elemental lucky draws so tried Lightning Odin... I can't break enrage with Ingus or Bartz Awakenings even with Galuf's Gen2 Physical Earth Chain.

I could try Bartz's Empower Earth BSB first, but I feel like I need crit chance or imperils?

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
Got Ingus Awakening from the Elemental lucky draws so tried Lightning Odin... I can't break enrage with Ingus or Bartz Awakenings even with Galuf's Gen2 Physical Earth Chain.

I could try Bartz's Empower Earth BSB first, but I feel like I need crit chance or imperils?
I've seen some people run Bartz vs Odin with BSB (en-element of choice) into Awakening, if you need him to break savage. I think his USB1 into awakening is overall more damage due to quickcast and the chase, but it's more, weaker hits vs bigger, less hits (which is more important for savage breaking).

I haven't spent a ton of time yet on Odin other than Ice, which I won with Bartz using his USB2 into Awakening, but Ice is an off-element for him, so obviously his USB2 was the only option (since nothing else of his works with off-element).

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
i'm still working my way through 5* Magicites, got two kills in on Belias but OMG is he so annoying. need to have just about 100% perfect inputs for the first 25 seconds or so to even stand a chance at winning, and then i still lose sometimes after that. i even have pretty good water magic relics compared to a lot of people, not sure what i should change or if i should just power through it.

running currently

Strago w/ Chain and BSB, R4 Voltech, dualcast LMR
Rydia w/ +MAG/+RES USB, R4 Lunar Leviathan
Onion Knight w/ USB3, R4 Chain Waterja and Power Breakdown, dualcast LMR and +MAG w/ rod LMR
Tyro w/ Godwall, Wrath+Entrust

and then either

Elarra w/ USB1 and BSB, R4 Ultra Cure and Allegro con Moto

or

Larsa w/ USB and BSB, Wrath and Affliction Break, using BSB commands instead of Ultra Cure or Curada

Strago and Tyro get the Mako Might RMs of course. Rydia and Onion Knight get dual cast RMs, Elarra gets TGM, Larsa gets Ace Striker

my magicite deck is about as good as you could hope for the fight

Chris

Potato del Grande
i'm still working my way through 5* Magicites, got two kills in on Belias but OMG is he so annoying. need to have just about 100% perfect inputs for the first 25 seconds or so to even stand a chance at winning, and then i still lose sometimes after that. i even have pretty good water magic relics compared to a lot of people, not sure what i should change or if i should just power through it.

running currently

Strago w/ Chain and BSB, R4 Voltech, dualcast LMR
Rydia w/ +MAG/+RES USB, R4 Lunar Leviathan
Onion Knight w/ USB3, R4 Chain Waterja and Power Breakdown, dualcast LMR and +MAG w/ rod LMR
Tyro w/ Godwall, Wrath+Entrust

and then either

Elarra w/ USB1 and BSB, R4 Ultra Cure and Allegro con Moto

or

Larsa w/ USB and BSB, Wrath and Affliction Break, using BSB commands instead of Ultra Cure or Curada

Strago and Tyro get the Mako Might RMs of course. Rydia and Onion Knight get dual cast RMs, Elarra gets TGM, Larsa gets Ace Striker

my magicite deck is about as good as you could hope for the fight

Are you missing Dispel? I'm using Rosa so I'm blinking something. I think positioning is important because of the status effects, I have Esuna on Strago to help with that.

Screenshot_20190727-094301_FFRK.jpg

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
i'm still working my way through 5* Magicites, got two kills in on Belias but OMG is he so annoying.

I don't remember a whole lot of the fight, been a while since I worked on that one, but here's a video and the setup of my team when I did it way back when (if I redid it today my team would be way different):

Onion -- Voltech, Entrust -- mUSB
Tidus -- Sapphire Bullet, Powerchain -- CSB
Alphinaud -- Lunar Leviathan, Opogogogogogo -- SSB (radiant shield + faithga)
Palom -- Chain Waterja, Chain Waterga -- USB
Lenna -- Curada, Protectga -- USB2

I show exact gear/stats etc at end of video.

Hopefully it's helpful !

Belias Video: Youtube Link

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Just finished the last of the Nightmare fights and unlocked Magicite dungeons. Any protips for taking those on with my holy FFT group? Difficulty 220 is a tad bit out of my league without being able to use a Mithril to stockpile SBs.

Also is there a particular Magicite element that I should be taking on first, either because it's easiest or has a crucial reward?

Enob

Golden Knight of the Realm
I started with 3* ice magicite on the rec that it had the lowest damage output but was a little tankier than others. Worked for me. You get better rewards for beating it quickly but survivability is the biggest barrier to victory. BSBs and good hones are usually sufficient for damage on 3* magicites so focus on living. It all comes down to what relics you have for the best to start with outside of that. A chain or awakening would really simplify DPS requirements so if you have any if those I'd recommend starting there.

Where in the client can I find missing record materia? I remember there was a list somewhere to sort unlearned RMs but I'm having trouble finding it now.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Rajaah Rajaah the classic 3* Magicite setup is to have 1-2 damage dealers, even just regular OSBs are good enough, 1-2 support to buff ATK/MAG and Wrath+Entrust SB gauge to your OSB wielder, and 1-2 healers depending on how quickly you're dying with 1.

Protectga and/or Shellga are required for most of the fights, check the Reddit guide if you can't figure out which damage types you need to cover on your own.

Vanessa

Uncle Tanya
<Banned>
Can someone do me a solid and run a test for me?

I'd like to compare Engulfing or Thundering Quadstrike (either is fine) to Stormspell Strike.

If anyone can just equip both of those and do a test run on a magicite boss and get an average as to what dmg those abilities are putting out relative to each other, I'd mucho appreciate it before I plop down the rubies!!!

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
Can someone do me a solid and run a test for me?

I'd like to compare Engulfing or Thundering Quadstrike (either is fine) to Stormspell Strike.

If anyone can just equip both of those and do a test run on a magicite boss and get an average as to what dmg those abilities are putting out relative to each other, I'd mucho appreciate it before I plop down the rubies!!!
:rolleyes:

Why test like that lol, just use the actual numbers?

5* Spellblades have 3.20x potency (used in the attack formula)
6* Dual-Element spellblades have 4.40x potency

So about 40% or so stronger, and they generate more soulgauge per use (75 SB vs 90 SB per hit, +50% vs weakness)

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Vanessa

Uncle Tanya
<Banned>
Why test like that lol, just use the actual numbers?
Because I'm basic and the formulas don't do anything for me and I don't even know where you got those numbers from. I mean let's be honest, the game doesn't come with ANY guide on the numbers in the manner you're talking about unless you're outsourcing to a website to extract/crunch the numbers.

You and I are technically playing the exact same game, but we're so not playing the same game if you get what I'm saying.

I think you are a top-tier player in the upper 1 or 2 percent of players capable of clearing the hardest of hard content with a min/max mindset; I've seen your vids. I'm just a casual who enjoys thumbing through content and pulling my daily draw for yet another 2* brown relic who almost never reads the reddit on the game and yadda yadda. There's a TON of shit I could do to improve my game, absolutely, but the game isn't --that-- for me if you know what I mean. So the reason I asked in that manner is because that's what's relatable to me.... how much damage do these pixels over here do to those pixels over there when using these two different thingamadooders.

^ All of this is an extravagant way to simply say that I'm dumb and not good at the game ^

ROFL But you see what I mean now I think? So yes, you could put out the formula for me and trust me I do appreciate the help but I just don't know how that plugs into what I'm actually doing in practice. That's why I asked to test it like that... it's "speaking my language" better as a casual. But I can try to wrap my head around it... Is it like... 5* is 3.20x potency so in application if that hits a mob for 3,200 dmg, then the 6* ability I mentioned will do 4,400 damage?

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
It's from the wiki of the game, which has a database of all skills on it with their damage, stats, etc etc.

If you just wanted the basic info, then disregard first part of my reply and use only the second part. The 6* spellblades hit 40% harder :)

Enob

Golden Knight of the Realm
There's also the rank boosts to consider. From my understanding, RMs like +element dmg have higher boosts based on the rank of ability being used. R4 has a 20% boost while a R5 gets a 30% boost. As it's harder to R5 the 6* abilities, it may be worth some consideration.

Chris

Potato del Grande
There's also the rank boosts to consider. From my understanding, RMs like +element dmg have higher boosts based on the rank of ability being used. R4 has a 20% boost while a R5 gets a 30% boost. As it's harder to R5 the 6* abilities, it may be worth some consideration.
That's not true.

A few specific USBs have extra attacks based on what rank an ability is, but those are quite rare.

Just get 6* abilities for your best characters, Spellblades are probably the third best, Machinist Offerings are the best followed by multi-element Black Magic.

Last edited:

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Is it like... 5* is 3.20x potency so in application if that hits a mob for 3,200 dmg, then the 6* ability I mentioned will do 4,400 damage?

You made a whole post about how you weren't going to understand what he was saying, and then you nailed it :p. Yes this is exactly right.

Chris

Potato del Grande
But I can try to wrap my head around it... Is it like... 5* is 3.20x potency so in application if that hits a mob for 3,200 dmg, then the 6* ability I mentioned will do 4,400 damage?
Another thing to consider is that sometimes you'll be able to hit 9999 damage with both 5* and 6* abilities. In that case 6* are usually better because they do extra hits (and gain more SB gauge). This is also why SBs with extra hit chase abilities can be really good.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
100gemmed Ace's T-0 Realm Chain. Did pretty well in the new event with it on my first try. I'm sure I can beat it with some tweaking.

Chris

Potato del Grande
100gemmed Ace's T-0 Realm Chain. Did pretty well in the new event with it on my first try. I'm sure I can beat it with some tweaking.
Yeah I got 90% with a T-0 team first try, my problem was the healing so I suggest x4 T-0 and an off realm healer.

I'm probably going to try again with Aeris dropping some Last Stand on the party.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Yeah I got 90% with a T-0 team first try, my problem was the healing so I suggest x4 T-0 and an off realm healer.

I'm probably going to try again with Aeris dropping some Last Stand on the party.

Yeah that's what I was going to try. Don't think Rem with her DPS BSB will cut it for me.