Final Fantasy: Record Keeper - Mobile Gaming Cash Grab

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
For the first month or so, lots of people were grinding out 2* gear from bosses to make 4*++. It's only in the last 6 weeks or so that there's been an assload of free 5* shit.

Chris

Potato del Grande
I'm convinced that this is why people have shit gear, they grinded for 2*++ and used the Mithril on inventory slots to hold it all instead of on gear rolls.

Angelwatch

Trakanon Raider
Reddit is absolutely obsessed with min/maxing the ever living shit out of the game. People over there go crazy with trying to have full sets of Realm Synergy gear for each chapter. Personally I always thought that was a bit excessive. A good core of characters with decent gear will, typically, be good enough for most stuff.

Personally I bought 1 inventory storage upgrade when I had an extra 100 gems. Since then I've just been selling off all my two star gear and some of my three star gear. The event awarded three star that can be combined up to five star I do keep and I keep most four star items.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I have no idea how you don't use it on inventory space. I haven't bought any mythril or gems, and I have 225 space. I chopped up some screenshots of all my 5 and 4 star items.

rrr_img_103227.jpg

That's 89 items alone (not including the upgrade mats). Is some of that overkill? Probably. I'd say a lot of the daggers and shit aren't necessary. I've probably got way too many swords, too. But really, I find that I end up using a lot of that shit for synergy.

The Ancient_sl

shitlord
4*++ is just below 5* in stats and is vastly above with Realm Synergy. I have a 5*+ sword and I'll bench that sometimes for a basic 4* with Synergy. I'm even using two of the 4* armours they give you from dungeons in the current event over my 5* armour.

You were playing it wrong if you were grinding for anything.
Are you using that weird annonotation where you are calling a 6++ a 4*++?

Chris

Potato del Grande
Yeah. Is a 4*++ a 4* item upgraded twice or a 2* item upgraded twice? It's ambiguous. Not sure which way to go.

I have no idea how you don't use it on inventory space. I haven't bought any mythril or gems, and I have 225 space. I chopped up some screenshots of all my 5 and 4 star items.

rrr_img_103227.jpg

That's 89 items alone (not including the upgrade mats). Is some of that overkill? Probably. I'd say a lot of the daggers and shit aren't necessary. I've probably got way too many swords, too. But really, I find that I end up using a lot of that shit for synergy.
225 is crazy unless you bought 100 extra pulls. I have 150 inventory slots, I only upgrade when I hit the inventory cap with gear. I don't stockpile upgrade mats, they are too easy to get twice a week. You need to sell all of that combined 2* gear, are you actually using those Protect Vests as even with synergy I'm going to guess that your 5*s are only a couple of stat points off at best? Only thing you should have is the combined 2* gun.

I haven't sold off any 3* gear yet and have all the daggers.

DoctorSpooge_sl

shitlord
I'm convinced that this is why people have shit gear, they grinded for 2*++ and used the Mithril on inventory slots to hold it all instead of on gear rolls.
Used two mithril for inventory, rest has been pulls. I would guess between 6 and 8 11 pulls. 2 5* armors, no weapons.

Angelwatch

Trakanon Raider
Cecil's Boss Rush is out. It's not that bad. I went in with the general strategy of Fire and Holy on Boss 1. Holy and other Damage on Boss 2. Burn down Boss 3. It worked to get me Mastery since if you meet the boss conditions there are enough bonus medals to make up for losing a couple here and there for damage taken and actions taken.

It wasn't that bad. It helps that there are only 3 bosses so you can be a bit more liberal with ability uses. And none of them are all that challenging by themselves. They do soak up some damage but nothing like some of the other events (Jenova I'm looking at you). The biggest thing to be aware of is that Cecil's Darkness ability can wipe you out fast if you get unlucky and get hit a couple times in a row with it. Damage Mitigation is a must for the fight (Sentinel Grimoire if at all possible).

Rewards aren't great but they're not bad either. Raise is a 4 star ability so that saves a lot of Orbs if it ever becomes necessary. The rest are just a couple of Major Orbs and a couple of Major Growth Eggs (5 star). Underwhelming compared to the Summons we've got before but still a really good stamina to reward ratio.

Enob

Golden Knight of the Realm
Raise can also be used to cheese a couple bosses. Undead Behemoth King comes to mind as the current highest difficulty dungeon I think. Have to fight him alive then dead but they're weak to death and raise respectively. They weren't too difficult without it but free boss one-shots aren't too shabby.

Angelwatch

Trakanon Raider
Yuna's event is tonight. I'd love to get her staff but it really doesn't make sense for me to try for it since I already have Garnet's. My head says to save the Mythril but Yuna is one of my favorites.

Chris

Potato del Grande
Do a 100 gem pull and save Mithril for the Lightning/Sazh banner (AoE Shellga/Hastega gun).

Yuna's relic is AoE Holy which you don't really need on a healer, AoE heal is what you wanna use Mithril for. Also 5* staves are generally poor because you usually overheal so maxing out on Mind isn't needed.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
did my first 11 pull tonight. was told that i should wait for a different upcoming banner, but i was eager to blow my load and really wanted to get my first 5 star staff. i ended up getting 9 three star items, an Official Ball, and a Magistral Rod. i'm happy with it.

not sure if i'm just particularly lucky, or if some of the others in this thread are particularly unlucky, or what. but i've now got 7 natural 5 star weapons, two natural 5 star armors, and a couple 4+ armors. so just about every item icon on my character screen is gold now.

Chris

Potato del Grande
Official Ball is one of the best well done! The others where unlucky, it's a 10% chance to get 5* so you'll average one on a 11 pull.

Angelwatch

Trakanon Raider
Official Ball and the Magistral Staff are both really good.

My streak of nothing but 3 star items on the 100 gem pull continues. I know it's only a buck but I'd rather flush that dollar down the toilet than see another 3 star item pop out.

Angelwatch

Trakanon Raider
I've got 60 Mythril saved and probably 15 to 20 in unfinished Elites. I've been prioritizing Elites with Stamina shards. I'm up to 113 stamina right now so it's a grind to get the last couple.

My plan is a 50 Mythril pull on the Selphie / Quistis event which should be next and then dump all of my remaining Mythril on the Lightning banner in a couple of weeks. My biggest hole is Black Mage gear and I need to fix that if possible. It sounds like we're getting close to the "Black Mage Meta" where it's one melee, one healer and three mages (or a similar composition).

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
I've got 60 Mythril saved and probably 15 to 20 in unfinished Elites. I've been prioritizing Elites with Stamina shards. I'm up to 113 stamina right now so it's a grind to get the last couple.

My plan is a 50 Mythril pull on the Selphie / Quistis event which should be next and then dump all of my remaining Mythril on the Lightning banner in a couple of weeks. My biggest hole is Black Mage gear and I need to fix that if possible. It sounds like we're getting close to the "Black Mage Meta" where it's one melee, one healer and three mages (or a similar composition).
Clearly playing a bit more than I have - only have 75 stam. Then again, I've been farming the events and dailies instead of doing the dungeons. I'm only up to level 41's. Though it seems I'm farming on the wrong days, because I have like 100 orbs of each kind, but no Black Orbs, which I think is a Tuesday or Wednesday thing.

And damn, I missed Quistis because I was too low level to do the event.
frown.png
She was one of my favorite characters in VIII. Missed quite a few.

Are you leveling all, or most of your characters up to meet the synergy bonuses? Same with items/friend summon? Is there a particular ability I should be saving up for? I recall getting Reflect helped immensely early on when you face Mimic. Lately it's been all about stacking Silence, Paralyze, Blind, Sleep, or stacking buffs/debuff for those immune.