Final Fantasy: Record Keeper - Mobile Gaming Cash Grab

Angelwatch

Trakanon Raider
7* Zach Glove, Red 13 SSB, Cid Spear, FF7 Dagger and Precious Watch.

Not what I was going for but definatly game changing, so pretty happy.

Ran out of gil dumping Rosetta Stones onto the Glove! Can't wait to see how much attack Zach gets when finished, should be over 500?
Not a bad haul. I pulled Zack's Glove too and I'm pretty happy with it. It's a solid damage SB with Dismissal on it and the Gloves themselves are really good attack. I can only imagine how much is on a fully upgraded 7* version. And ever since pulling two Watches chasing after Sephiroth's SSB I've been very happy with it. Yuna might be my go to White Mage with Hymn of the Fayth but there have been some Ultimates where the extra heal from the Watch really helped out. Or I can bench Yuna and toss it on a different White Mage for Synergy and it actually becomes a pretty decent heal.

If you don't mind me asking how much Mythril did you spend to get that? The good news is that we might get a ton of bonus Mythril for the Anniversary so you can still do a few pulls on the SSSB Banner or Tactics if you want.

Did a three pull and got Cid's spear but never used him... Is he decent for support on an FF7 team?
Cid is actually a damage dealer. He's a Dragoon so he can make use of Jumps. If you like Dragoons and you've got his Spear he should be pretty solid. His second Record Materia is amazing. It gives you a chance to receive double experience at the end of the battle. It makes a visual when it goes off on round 1 of a stage and it's like a 20% proc rate. It's amazing on Experience Sunday or doing Orbfests. You need to get him to 50, break his level cap and it has a chance to drop
in a VII stage.

I hate spending Mythril on slots but I finally had to upgrade my Inventory to 150 slots and Abilities to 120. For Accessories I only keep 3 stars if they fill a particular niche. For relics I don't keep anything less than a 4 star and then only if it's for a realm I need Synergy. For abilities I only create what I actually need. I keep most of the freebies we get during Events but I'll shatter them if they're totally useless. I'm very stingy with my Mythril. I don't like spending on slots unless I have to. But even after my VII pull and buying 6 slots I've still got 283 banked to go towards SSSSB and Tactics. I really wish they would get those banners translated and released.

Mures

Blackwing Lair Raider
Did a pull and didn't get the sword, but got a watch and tifa's fist weapon and I didn't have a natural 5* fist weapon yet, so at least I'm not leaving disappointed.

Chris

Potato del Grande
300 Mithril I spent so statistically a normal haul.

Zach's Glove seems abusable with the 100% stun, seems like a great relic. Going to hone lifesiphon now.

I'm going to be devastated if I end up putting the thing on Gilgamesh or Red XIII to beat the event, though I suppose he could take the 6* Gold Sword us oldies have.

Enob

Golden Knight of the Realm
Zac's Glove for everybody it seems. I pulled the 100 gem, then a 15 mythril and a 50 mythril. Ended up with Zac's Glove, Cid's spear, and 2x basilisk knives. I already have amazing VII weapons so it was kind of a wash. I just really wanted that Cloud BSSB. I certainly can't complain about 4 5* out of 15 draws, though. The spear and the knives I'll probably never end up using but the glove seems very nice in a few rare instances. It'll go next to Kimahri's spear on my situational bench.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Just mastered Seymour (Ultimate) using full mage meta. Tried like four or five different physical/mixed teams and failed...
rrr_img_127630.jpg

This is another fight that seems nearly impossible if you don't have your own Wall. I have Stoneskin II and still brought an SG RW. Seemed there was just no good way to deal with all those dispells otherwise...

The Ancient_sl

shitlord
I don't have my own wall and mastered it easily. You really don't need a wall before the first dispel.

Honestly the phase between the two dispels was so short, I hardly needed it there either.

ismaris

Silver Knight of the Realm
Just picked this up about 4 days ago. Really enjoying it; nice balance of nostalgia and strategy. I did my dr mog pull and chose Tyrfing for my free 5* relic--hopefully that wasn't a huge fuck-up. My only real suggestion to developers would be to add more of a multiplayer/social factor to the game, even if it is meager. The combination of single player FF nostalgia + interactive connection to a community (Outside of Reddit) would be pretty powerful.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
rrr_img_127746.jpg

Was doing a fanboy pull hoping for Tifa's SSB lol. Not gonna complain tho.

Ismaris, if you want to min/max your mythril wait to spend any more for a few weeks... Will be an event commonly known as "SSB Fest" (SSB = super soul break)... And probably some Lucky Draw banners, which are 25 mythril for 11 items. Normally I tell brand new players to just pull whenever they get 50 mythril, but these banners are so close that I think for you it would be worth waiting.

I'm horrible at stashing mythril myself tho. I always get bored and do yolo pulls instead of saving up for better odds in the future. And I still do okay, so don't feel like you're obligated to min/max.

Angelwatch

Trakanon Raider
This will be the first Ultimate that I don't Master. I completed it last night in a very close fight (Yuna died at the end and if my next hit hadn't killed him than I'd have wiped). It's incredibly overtuned in my opinion. My problem was Actions taken. I hit all 3 special Mastery Conditions but I took way too much damage (not sure how to get around that since I had a ton of mitigation) and it took me way too long to kill him so I lost 2 Action Medals. So obviously I need more damage but I honestly don't know how to eke that out. When Japan got the event it was after their SSSSB Celebration and they also had the Hall of Rites (so a bunch more characters who, potentially, could be at level 80). The Primary use of the orbs that I'm missing out on (Major Fire and Major Black) is for Meteor and mine is Rank 3 so I'm just saying fuck it and moving on.

@Ismaris: First of all ignore everything I just said above. You've got a long ways to go before what I said applies to you and the fight I was describing is an outlier. I agree with Pharmakos that you should hoard your Mythril right now and wait for the Celebration Banners that are coming up in the next week or so. Some reports are we could have them as early as next week or, at the latest, it would be closer to the end of the month. You should have a couple free 5 Star Relics now so you shouldn't have too much trouble just clearing story dungeons and the early event dungeons too for characters and extra Mythril. The appeal of the Celebration Banners is that they have a bunch of really good Relics on them and you're not likely to get any bad ones. Once we get the Hall of Rites (on the 17th) you'll be able to get any character you want from the Hall to go along with any Relic you pull as well.

As for your pick, Tyrfing wasn't the best pick but it wasn't the worst either. Most people put Tyrfing in the top 3 of those choices though so you'll be fine. Having a 5 star Sword (even if it's a bit dated like all of the Choice Relics) really helps out and makes early dungeons absolutely trivial. Just keep plugging away at Story Dungeons for Stamina. Once you get to the late 30's you'll hit a point where you can play practically nonstop until the early 50's stamina. At that point things start to slow down but you'll still be able to catch up after awhile.

It's a really fun game though and a few of us here have been playing for almost a year.

ismaris

Was doing a fanboy pull hoping for Tifa's SSB lol. Not gonna complain tho.

Ismaris, if you want to min/max your mythril wait to spend any more for a few weeks... Will be an event commonly known as "SSB Fest" (SSB = super soul break)... And probably some Lucky Draw banners, which are 25 mythril for 11 items. Normally I tell brand new players to just pull whenever they get 50 mythril, but these banners are so close that I think for you it would be worth waiting.

I'm horrible at stashing mythril myself tho. I always get bored and do yolo pulls instead of saving up for better odds in the future. And I still do okay, so don't feel like you're obligated to min/max.
Okay, thanks for the tip. I actually have done two 11 pulls, and I just got my first 5* item (Yuffie's item). I'll probably save up for the next SSB Fest. I'm still going through all of the normal dungeons. Dudes are in their 30's mostly.

Angelwatch, what would have been the best pick, in your opinion? I was reading a bit on reddit before picking, and some folks were saying that tyrfing could combo with....I don't remember what the fuck it was, but some combo, to do some rad shit. So much god damn jargon to learn, but I'm loving it.

Oh, and holy shit are roaming warriors OP in the early stages of the game. Basically all other strategy is trivial outside of picking a roaming warrior who is 50+ with fenrir.

one last edit: I might just have to pull for that sephiroth coat. i gots to have sephiroth in my party.

Angelwatch

Trakanon Raider
Consensus top 3 are Stormlance Grimoire for Tyro, Tyrfing for Luneth and Storm Staff for Garnet. A case can be made for any of the 3. Stormlance is probably the best pick for a veteran player that hasn't ever drawn Tyro's most powerful Relic (Sentinel Grimoire) since it can do a lot of damage. Storm Staff is a really good pick because all White Mages can use it and about half of the Black Mages can use it for solid stats. Tyrfing is also up there because it's the best sword from the choices and a lot of people used to rely on the Soul Break (Advance) from a Roaming Warrior to really increase their damage potential. All 3 are solid picks and Tyrfing is fine since early on you just need to get a team equipped as quickly as possible. Because of the cash gambling aspect of this game gear makes a huge difference. Levels actually don't make as big a difference as you might think. Obviously you need to level up for hitpoints and stats but you're going to gain more strength from Gear and Ability honing (though level 50 is huge because you unlock Record Materia which gives a character a specific bonus like increased damage with Swords or recharge an ability use between battles).

Speaking of ability honing it makes an extremely big difference. For abilities try and get the Breaks as quickly as possible. Magic and Power Break are really important. You get a free Armor Break for unlocking Wakka so you should have that one already. For Magic get Curaga as soon as possible too. I'm still using Curaga Rank 5 and haven't even crafted Curaja yet (though I'm starting to see fights where it would help). As far as Black Magic goes just work them as you can. You already have a bunch of physical relics so your Black Magic isn't going to scale very well yet. You mostly want it to hit Medal Target scores.

And Reddit is a great resource. The community is pretty decent but you'll find that they tend to min/max the ever living shit out of the game. But it's a mobile game and most content really isn't that hard. It just takes time to get caught up.

Healthfood

Golden Squire
Hey Guys... long time lurker. Decided to pop my cherry here since no one else i know plays this game, and it's been pretty awesome so far... Been playing this game for a year and just mastered Bahamut so pretty psyched. Only have Lunatic High and a few shared Healing Medica, making it a pretty tense fight with quite a few S/L to get a good start.

ismaris

Consensus top 3 are Stormlance Grimoire for Tyro, Tyrfing for Luneth and Storm Staff for Garnet. A case can be made for any of the 3. Stormlance is probably the best pick for a veteran player that hasn't ever drawn Tyro's most powerful Relic (Sentinel Grimoire) since it can do a lot of damage. Storm Staff is a really good pick because all White Mages can use it and about half of the Black Mages can use it for solid stats. Tyrfing is also up there because it's the best sword from the choices and a lot of people used to rely on the Soul Break (Advance) from a Roaming Warrior to really increase their damage potential. All 3 are solid picks and Tyrfing is fine since early on you just need to get a team equipped as quickly as possible. Because of the cash gambling aspect of this game gear makes a huge difference. Levels actually don't make as big a difference as you might think. Obviously you need to level up for hitpoints and stats but you're going to gain more strength from Gear and Ability honing (though level 50 is huge because you unlock Record Materia which gives a character a specific bonus like increased damage with Swords or recharge an ability use between battles).

Speaking of ability honing it makes an extremely big difference. For abilities try and get the Breaks as quickly as possible. Magic and Power Break are really important. You get a free Armor Break for unlocking Wakka so you should have that one already. For Magic get Curaga as soon as possible too. I'm still using Curaga Rank 5 and haven't even crafted Curaja yet (though I'm starting to see fights where it would help). As far as Black Magic goes just work them as you can. You already have a bunch of physical relics so your Black Magic isn't going to scale very well yet. You mostly want it to hit Medal Target scores.

And Reddit is a great resource. The community is pretty decent but you'll find that they tend to min/max the ever living shit out of the game. But it's a mobile game and most content really isn't that hard. It just takes time to get caught up.
Should I egg someone to 50 to get the record materia? Would probably burn through most of my eggs, which I don't like the idea of because it's so easy to catch up new unlocks with those.

Yeah, I have armor break from Wakka unlock. I also already have Curaga. On a related note, is regen worth anything at any point? Right now it is doing pretty piddly amounts.

So basically, once I am done with the normal dungeons, the experience is very much being mythril starved, right? Are the dailies your best source of mythril once that happens?

ismaris

Hey Guys... long time lurker. Decided to pop my cherry here since no one else i know plays this game, and it's been pretty awesome so far... Been playing this game for a year and just mastered Bahamut so pretty psyched. Only have Lunatic High and a few shared Healing Medica, making it a pretty tense fight with quite a few S/L to get a good start.
Welcome! What's your username in-game? I have 0 friends who play, so far.

Angelwatch

Trakanon Raider
No. Don't egg anyone up to 50 for Record Materia. You don't need it yet. It also doesn't unlock automatically either. You need to get them to level 50 which is the cap. Then you need to use a Memory Crystal to break their level cap (which allows them to continue leveling to 65 which is their new cap) and at that point they gain access to Record Materia. Each character gets a Record Materia simply for breaking their level cap. Most characters have a second Record Materia that needs to be unlocked. Many times it's simply using them in battles and it will eventually drop. Finally a few characters can be unlocked a second time allowing them to gain levels from 65 to 80.

Regen is situational. At your stage of the game you won't be needing it but it becomes very powerful later on. Usually because it's tied to a SoulBreak and the Regen is a secondary component. For example one of Yuna's Soul Breaks is Hymn of the Fayth which is a group cure and adds Regen to all characters. That's very powerful. But single target Regen and Memento of Prayer aren't very good for you (Memento of Prayer becomes a situationally decent ability for specific fights much later but nothing to worry about yet).

Yeah. Once you're current on the game the sources of Mythril dries up considerably. You get 1.3 Mythril a day (one guaranteed Mythril a day from the login bonus and every 10 days you get an additional 3 for the other login bonus). New events come out, roughly, every 6 days and each event adds 10 Mythril. Every time they add a Dungeon Update we get some more Mythril there (next update is mid-March but you won't be caught up by then). Finally there is a lot of bonus Mythril given out as well for things like Bonus Events (like Galdor's Mansion or OrbFests where you get a ton of orbs, gil and experience). It's a pretty good stream of Mythril but it won't let you pull on every banner. It's one of the more generous freemium games out there but it's very easy to become Mythril starved.

One of our biggest advantages is foresight though. We know what's likely to come out for us since we are about 6 months behind Japan's version of the game. So we know what events are coming up and what the banners look like ahead of time. That lets us plan in advance and be more strategic with our spending. The downside is that Japan gets a LOT more free Mythril. I have a Japan account which I play from time to time (but not very hardcore unlike Global) and they constantly get Mythril for the dumbest reasons. For example, any time there is a spelling error or a grammar error in an announcement they get a Mythril. They also have a bunch of collaboration events that cross over to other games that we will never get due to licensing and legal reasons. But there's a bunch of free Mythril there too that they get that we won't. And today I logged into my Japan account and got an extra 10 Mythril since one of their cross over events ended any they just gave everyone 10 Mythril and some upgrade materials for reaching goals in that other game. But their future knowledge is only about a week out so they have a much harder time saving since they don't know when they should spend and when they should hold back. We do which is why people are saying to hold back right now because some really great banners are coming our way over the next couple of weeks.

Yeah. That was a really long post. But feel free to keep asking questions. I'm super bored at work today so I don't mind.

Healthfood

Golden Squire
Welcome! What's your username in-game? I have 0 friends who play, so far.

Friend ID is 9Fxy. It's currently Lunatic High but I do have Boon if required, same hastega but one with Protect the other with Shell. They're pretty common but really useful later - go ahead and add me!

Chris

Potato del Grande
Went one medal from Mastering Bahamut SIN, think I can do it with some S/L since I ended up having the dogs spawn one at a time wasting my AoE. First time I've ever not used Retaliate meta.

Characters:
Lv80 Sephiroth with Mirror of Equality R3 and Flame Blossom R3 was fantastic. Honed both for this fight.
Lv65 Zack with Lifesiphon R3 and Bladeblitz R3 into his glove limit break a few times was also great.
Lv80 Red XIII with Full Break and Armor Breakdown nearly one shot the boss after the 4th orb with his SSB. I needed to time the breaks better.
Lv65 Eiko continues to cast Medica/Hastega. She had Curaja and Protega.
Lv80 Cloud with Retaliate/Drain Stike but he was worthless... didn't use Retaliate other than a few dog attacks bouncing off and didn't really get me much extra healing.

For my next try I'm going to try replacing Cloud with lv65 Aeris with Diaga and Protega (freeing a slot for Rallying Etude on Eiko). My first attempt had her with Ifrit but it's not enough uses or damage with my FF7 gear. Once I master Red XIII's SSB I'm considering giving him Zach's 7* glove and give Zach the 6* Gold Sword, but I feel like I'll be just moving DPS from Zach to Red XIII and not actually increasing team dps...

I strongly suggest pulling on the Fusion Sword banner if you are going for Mastery and already have some of the holy trinity, you have:
*The insane Cloud BSSB perfect for Retaliate teams.
*Zach's Glove, perfect for Dismissal/Lifesiphon teams. Half of the FF7 characters can use fists.
*Red XIII's SSB giving a viable support for all teams and freeing you from needing 2 White Mages.
*Precious Watch giving you armor you can equip on anyone which boosts ALL stats and gives a heal SB anywhere you need it.
These are all great items in the most common realm so you can't really go wrong.