Final Fantasy: Record Keeper - Mobile Gaming Cash Grab

Chris

Potato del Grande
Mastered Bahamut with the team and changes above, the wait for the last two dogs was nerve wracking!

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
I continue to make "bad" use of my mythril lol ?=

Tried doing an AE setup for ultimate bahamut... Did not realize how high his DEF and RES are. Aeris was only doing like 3-5k per summon, level 80 Terra was doing like 4k damage with Meteor. Bladeblitz and Flame Blossom (on lvl80 Cloud and Sephiroth, respectively) weren't doing much better.

Ended up saying "fuck it" and decided to build a team designed to stack damaging soul breaks and use some mythril for revives so I could fill up my SB gauges. Brought Cloud and Squall with their SSBs, Zack with his 8 hit soulbreak, and Faris with her armor+mental breakdown SB. Took 5 mythril to figure it out and get setup, but on my winning try blasting Bahamut SIN down with SBs before my first Wall wore off was so satisfying lol.

Didn't get the mastery but that's alright.

ismaris

Silver Knight of the Realm
So I got impatient and did an 11 pull--ended up with 4 5* items in that one pull: two precious watches and two MORE yuffie shurikens, making my total of that item now 3...

Enob

Golden Knight of the Realm
Not a bad 7* to have really. I love having good support relics. Still need a bow, though...

ismaris

Not a bad 7* to have really. I love having good support relics. Still need a bow, though...
So I'm not entirely sure I understand the criteria that constitutes a desirable 7*. I have read some people being ridiculed for combing other 5* to make it a 7*...can you give me a rundown of why the Yuffie 4-pt would be good as a 7*

Chris

Potato del Grande
I always combine 5*s. Are you ever going to need three thrown weapons at once? A lot of characters could use it as a 7*.

Angelwatch

Trakanon Raider
So I'm not entirely sure I understand the criteria that constitutes a desirable 7*. I have read some people being ridiculed for combing other 5* to make it a 7*...can you give me a rundown of why the Yuffie 4-pt would be good as a 7*
Swords and Daggers should be left uncombined as long as possible. These are weapon types that lots of characters can use so having multiple copies increases your Record Synergy for that realm. Having two or three Swords with Record Synergy makes for a strong group in that Realm. Once you have enough Synergy for that realm than it's OK to Combine them.

Now a weapon like Yuffie's is very limited. It's a thrown weapon which very few people can use. It's hard to put together a group where 3 people can use a Thrown weapon effectively so in this case it's best to have one really strong weapon that will allow you to use that character in every realm. A 7 star weapon, even without synergy, is going to be pretty strong anywhere. Not as strong as a 5 star with Synergy but until you're able to equip every person with a realm synergy weapon in every realm than that oddball item will help narrow the gap.

ismaris

Those were great explanations--thanks. I was like "holy shit" when I kept pulling 5*'s, but I was hoping for a bit more variety. Sounds like I came out with a reasonably strong long-term item, though, so that's good.

Enob

Golden Knight of the Realm
Another benefit is it's a strong ranged retaliate weapon for Tyro if you ever need. FFX and FFXIII have the most such bosses and, while there's no RS there, advantaliate will get you through any of those no problem.

Angelwatch

Trakanon Raider
Since Mondaily sucks I decided to give Bahamut another try. I beat him earlier but didn't master the fight. I went in with the same group (though I egged everyone to cap) but was much more methodical about the fight. It took about 5 or 6 reloads but I got him with Mastery :) Really glad I went back. I don't really need the Orbs but that would have been an albatross around my neck if I hadn't been able to Master it.

I used:

Sephiroth: Fire Blossom and Armor Break. No SB worth mentioning but I've got a 5 star shared SB Katana for VII synergy.
Yuna: Curaga and Protectga rank 2. Hymn of the Fayth
Tyro: Full Break rank 2 and Magic Breakdown. Sentinel Grimoire.
Rinoa: Meteor rank 3 and Waterja rank 5.
Zack: Lifesiphon rank 4 and Power Break. Air Strike SB.

Each wave of dogs I used a combination of 3 or 4 Fire Blossoms and Meteors. The big change I made was to ignore the 3 turn orbs and just face tank the damage. With full mitigation they weren't that bad and I would use Hymn to heal back up. One annoying thing was Fire Blossom missed a dog in the second wave so that split them up. On the third and fourth wave one dog spawned and the secon spawned a turn later. I actually had to hold back to ensure dog number 8 was on the field before killing Bahamut. That was butt clenching time since he's going very fast and pounding away at you.

My understanding is that this was one of the hardest Ultimates so far. I know Kuja coming up in a couple of months is rough but Bahamut SIN is still considered one of the hardest.

The Ancient_sl

shitlord
Swords and Daggers should be left uncombined as long as possible. These are weapon types that lots of characters can use so having multiple copies increases your Record Synergy for that realm. Having two or three Swords with Record Synergy makes for a strong group in that Realm. Once you have enough Synergy for that realm than it's OK to Combine them.
Pretty much this. 5* armors are almost always best kept uncombined too because it's much better to spread the wealth around than have a few extra points on one character.

Healthfood

Golden Squire
Adel was such a joke. Hit like wet noodles with standard mitigation and could finish him within 2 casts of Wall without any SB / SSB. Guess they decided to give us a break after Bahamut's difficulty.

Angelwatch

Trakanon Raider
I just pulled my first 5 star from a daily draw. White Robe from IX with a shared SB Raise. It's not a great item by any means and my IX synergy is already amazing but I can't complain too much.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
i actually like having Raise SB around during some stuff. some boss battles don't have the KO requirements in the special medal requirements... i've used Phoenix to revive characters many times during some Ultimates. and then when grinding dailies its nice to have Raise around as a backup instead of having to catch deaths quick enough to save/load.

ismaris

Just got a platinum fist on a three pull. I would have liked to have gotten a cloud sword on one of the banners, but I'm feeling I have pretty strong ffvii synergy at this point. Gonna try to save up some mythril until the next amazing banners show. My guys are currently around level 40, so I'm moving along.

yamikazo

Trakanon Raider
Just got an Android phone, after being an Apple person since iPhone 1. Tactics event enticed me to reboot my JP account, which as idled basically since the last Tactics event. It's got Vincent's gun (he's my favorite FF char ever, and didn't want to spoil myself but be deprived on my main client), but I was burning out on the grind of the game. I auto-battled most events in global for a bit, missed some ultimates (didn't keep track of the time), and didn't even get mythril from the last major orbfest. I hope I'm not setting myself up to burn out again.

Global's about to get the influx of good stuff. A lot of longtime players are retiring and giving their accounts away, and this lull was the reason the game got upstarted with all the BSSB's and 5* abilities and whatnot. I've almost caught back up with story dungeons since ages ago, but still letting my stamina go to waste for 12 hours of the day. Ultimates have been fun, and I look forward to crushing with new abilities (orb hoarder life) and SSB's (up to 300 mythril atm). Failing to get IX synergy, failing to get any V synergy, YOLO on sephiroth's katana only to fail, YOLO on lightning's gun (want to sell XIII synergy, my god)... The time is near!

PS - @ismaris: Welcome. Skip spending mythril on FFIX and FFII events. Go after celebration stuff (for trinity or your favorite characters), or tactics. Great time to start the game!

ismaris

PS - @ismaris: Welcome. Skip spending mythril on FFIX and FFII events. Go after celebration stuff (for trinity or your favorite characters), or tactics. Great time to start the game!
Thanks. I am saving for the celebration stuff. I'm getting pretty into the game, so might even invoke some $$$.

Angelwatch

Trakanon Raider
Yeah. Lots of really good stuff today. Orbfest starts tomorrow. The Celebration starts next Friday. Tactics early April. I'll post more detailed thoughts later when I'm not on my phone.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
i'm such a fool for not hoarding mythril lol. currently sitting on 7 mythril.

i've got a ton of speedway points that can get turned into google play gift cards, tho. hm...