Final Fantasy: Record Keeper - Mobile Gaming Cash Grab

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
i'm such a fool for not hoarding mythril lol. currently sitting on 7 mythril.

i've got a ton of speedway points that can get turned into google play gift cards, tho. hm...
blew 100 trying to get a wall... i feel your pain

:|

ismaris

Silver Knight of the Realm
i'm such a fool for not hoarding mythril lol. currently sitting on 7 mythril.

i've got a ton of speedway points that can get turned into google play gift cards, tho. hm...
haha nice. I've spent about 5 bucks on the game so far with the 100 gem pulls.

Chris

Potato del Grande
I'm going for scream over wall and waiting for the FFT banner event after next.

I think your better off with wall as RW, if you need more than two casts your doing it wrong?

Angelwatch

Trakanon Raider
If you don't keep up with Reddit than you're missing out on a lot of information that was dumped today. All of the "good stuff" for the anniversary was released into the client today and will start showing up over the next couple of weeks.

http://bantha.org/~dscotton/ffrk.html

There are you banners. The highlight is our Super Super Super Soulbreak Celebration (SSSSB). The banners actually look really good this time around. Banner 1 is really good and I plan to go all out here to try and pull Bartz's or Sephiroth's SSB. I'd also be fine pulling Vivi's Rod, Zidane's SSB (even if it doesn't play nice with Scream) or Yuna's SSB. The Quistis whip isn't bad but she's a crappy character. The rest is just "meh" to me. But with over half the banner being good stuff and the physical SSBs being top tier I'm just going to go all out here and hope I get lucky early.

Banner 2 sucks and that's disappointing to me. Before we knew what the banners would look like I was planning to go all in on the Banner that Save the Queen showed up on provided it was halfway decent. Well guess what? It's the worst of the 5. If I get really lucky on Banner 1 I might try a pull or two but I don't expect that to happen.

Banner 3 isn't very good either. It's better than 2 but still not great.

Banner 4 is another really good banner. Locke's SSB is supposed to be amazing with the upcoming ability Thief's Raid (renamed Thief's Revenge in Global). There really aren't any clunkers on this banner.

Banner 5 is either really amazing or somewhat uninspiring depending on your Relic status. The grand prize is Tyro's Sentinel Grimoire. Wall is just such a huge Soulbreak and having it native is game changing. I know Chris was hoping for Thyrus over SG but I still prefer Tyro and SG. Tyro makes a great Support character with Full Break and a Breakdown (normally Magic). In addition to SG, you also have a chance at Yuffie's Group Heal (not bad because it's instant cast), and Haste from Garnet's Rod (which also gives Heavy Regen and Magic mitigation). It's a very solid banner if you need the Trinity. But it's a pass for me since I already have SG and other trinity pieces.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
You
rrr_img_128722.jpg

40 Major Power Orbs, 24 each Major Ice and Thunder Orbs

Oof. Worth it.

Mures

Blackwing Lair Raider
I'm still nowhere near enough power orbs just for rank 2 full break
frown.png

All these black orbs from orb fest will allow me to rank up the rest of my 'ajas to rank 4 though, I got 3 gigantaurs each w/ a major black orb on my first run through the orb dungeons last night too.

Angelwatch

Trakanon Raider
Ismaris, what other Relics do you have?

Wall is one of the best relics out there and Tyro is a great character. His stats stink but at the high level game you can work around this with synergy. I use my Tyro as a Support with Full Break and a Breakdown. Until we get Ramza in a few weeks Support characters aren't known for their damage output so Tyro fits this role well.

So Banner 5 is very good to spend on if you don't have Wall. There is also a group heal itch Yuffie's headband (you have a 7 star thrown weapon for her if I remember correctly) so that's a great relic for you too. All 4 SSBs are very solid as well. For someone lacking big relics it's a great banner to spend heavily in.

For myself I'm going heavy on Banner 1 and Banner 4 if I have anything left over. I'll have 400 Mythril for Banner 1 and I really want either Bartz's or Sephiroth's SSB. If I get either I'll stop there.

Angelwatch

Trakanon Raider
I could craft Rank 3 Full Break now but it doesn't seem worth it to me. Rank 2 lasts a full Ultimate fight as is and I'm saving my Lightning orbs for Thief's Revenge.

ismaris

My relics are the celebration grimoire, tyrfing, platinum fist, 7 star 4-point shuriken, 2x precious watch.

edit: I should expand that list. I was only listing relics that gave a new SB. I also have blitz sword 5*, and golden sword 5*(as of today), and various 4* armors.

yamikazo

Trakanon Raider
Celebration banners are disappointing. Banner 1 is underrated sneaky good though.

Tactics getting pushed further back hurts.

Orbfest changes are good. Round 2 is going to get a lot of mythril (thanks, pushing back tactics!). I know Round 3 looks good also, Round 1 I don't know if I need any refreshes?

I wanted to go in on Locke for Thief's Raid plus his SSB, but that banner is awful for me and I don't think it reappears. Saint's Cross, here we come.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
how much mythril do you have right now, ismaris?

also, there's another ~80 mythril that will be handed out to us by the time banner 5 comes around.

going all in on the last banner is a tough call, since you might get that SG on your first pull and be sitting on a fat pile of mythril unable to pull on the earlier banners. you might be reading that lots of other people would be okay in that situation, since the Tactics banner is coming so soon after and is pretty awesome. but since you're newer, the Tactics banner isn't quite as good for you -- you're still going to want to get a good spread of relics from different realms, so you can have synergy in more places. FFT relics are sweet, but there aren't many FFT dungeons/events, so the synergy from them isn't as useful.

IDK what would be the best call. i personally would be unable to hold back from pulling on the earlier banners, but i've got an itchy gatcha finger.

ismaris

Also, who should I recruit with this last hero soul? Who's totally badass? I'm lean on ff iv v vi and xiii synergies, so preferably one of those, but I'm also interested in high base stats, late-game power, etc..

ismaris

how much mythril do you have right now, ismaris?

also, there's another ~80 mythril that will be handed out to us by the time banner 5 comes around.

going all in on the last banner is a tough call, since you might get that SG on your first pull and be sitting on a fat pile of mythril unable to pull on the earlier banners. you might be reading that lots of other people would be okay in that situation, since the Tactics banner is coming so soon after and is pretty awesome. but since you're newer, the Tactics banner isn't quite as good for you -- you're still going to want to get a good spread of relics from different realms, so you can have synergy in more places. FFT relics are sweet, but there aren't many FFT dungeons/events, so the synergy from them isn't as useful.

IDK what would be the best call. i personally would be unable to hold back from pulling on the earlier banners, but i've got an itchy gatcha finger.
Sorry, didn't see this post. Right now I'm at 100 mithril, but will likely plop down some cash on top of that, cause i'm in deep.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
if you have 100 mythril and are also going to throw some cash in, then you probably can afford to do a pull or two on other banners before banner 5.

maybe wait on your last hero soul to see what relics you pull. might end up pulling something sweet for a character you don't have yet.

Angelwatch

Trakanon Raider
It's not confirmed but it looks very likely that we'll get 3 Lucky Draws next week leading up to the Celebration (one each day for three days in a row). Since you're new I'll explain. A Lucky Draw costs 25 Mythril and any 5 star relic you pull is guaranteed to be character specific. The catch is you can only draw once on each Lucky Banner. So 3 Lucky Banners means 33 Relics pulled. You can draw anything from Cloud's first Buster Sword (absolute junk by today's standards) to Cloud's Fusion Sword BSB. We are definitely getting 25 Mythril for the first Lucky Draw. It also looks likely that we'll get another 50 Mythril after the Lucky Draws are done. Assuming we get these do all 3 of them. Assuming you get some 5 stars you should gain some power very quickly.

After that, personally, I'd recommend a 50 pull on Banner 1. It has 5 SSBs compared to other banners 4 and most of the stuff is pretty high quality. Squall's Revolver is the exception. It's pretty bad (the thought is that they intentionally put a terrible relic on the banner just to try and balance things out a bit). I'd also throw 50 Mythril at Banner 5 and try for SG. There's a good chance you might be able to do one more 11x pull with 50 Mythril with everything we're likely to accumulate over the next few weeks. I'd put that towards Banner 4 which is another very strong banner.

Since you're so new anything you pull will be an upgrade.

ismaris

Nice, seems like I started at the right time then.

A Lucky Draw costs 25 Mythril and any 5 star relic you pull is guaranteed to be character specific. The catch is you can only draw once on each Lucky Banner. So 3 Lucky Banners means 33 Relics pulled.
I can't tell if you're saying that my draw will be a guaranteed 5* character specific relic, or if I pull a 5* it is guaranteed to be character-specific. Also, you're saying I am allowed one 11-pull on each banner, or just one 1-pull? I'm inferring from the 33 line you are saying one 11-pull, I just want to make sure.

Angelwatch

Trakanon Raider
The second one. You're only allowed to do draw once on the banner. You get 11 relics like any other pull. If you pull a 5 star it is guaranteed to be character specific (no shared SBs or generic 5 stars). You could crap out and get zero 5 stars or you might end up with a couple.