Final Fantasy: Record Keeper - Mobile Gaming Cash Grab

ismaris

Silver Knight of the Realm
I decided to do 4 11 pulls on this banner given the incredible amount of SSB'S. I was pretty pleased. I got 3x dragon claws, squall revolver, red scorpion for quistis (ssb yay!), orichalcum for Zidane (another SSB!), Lullaby rod for yuna.

Angelwatch

Trakanon Raider
Lullaby Rod is game changing good. You can get Yuna tomorrow if you don't have her yet. Red Scorpion Tail will really help as well. Grab Quistis from the Hall of Records as soon as possible. So now you have two thirds of the trinity. Load up on Stoneskin II and Sentinel Grimoire roaming warriors and you'll be able to beat almost anything with levels and ability hones.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
did a 11pull.... 9 3*, a 4*, and Excalibur. I think that's alright, and it's my 2nd soulbreak weapon for bartz...

ismaris

Lullaby Rod is game changing good. You can get Yuna tomorrow if you don't have her yet. Red Scorpion Tail will really help as well. Grab Quistis from the Hall of Records as soon as possible. So now you have two thirds of the trinity. Load up on Stoneskin II and Sentinel Grimoire roaming warriors and you'll be able to beat almost anything with levels and ability hones.
Wow, I didn't realize Lullaby was that strong! What should I be doing to fish out damage though? So far I've been crutching on native advance and Fenrir overdrive + burning arrow buff to crank out nasty luneth combo dmg...

Healthfood

Golden Squire
Meh draws continue with Oak Staff and Revolver for SSB1... Planning on doing 1 for Banner 4, 1-2 for Banner 5 and 1-2 for Tactics depending on whether I manage to pull Wall.

Healthfood

Golden Squire
Was playing around with Thief's Revenge on Locke in the FFVI Abyss Dungeon (170 speed w/ Synergy). Granted it's only a 100 difficulty dungeon, but man that's one sexy ability. Can't wait for Saint Cross in 2 weeks.

Angelwatch

Trakanon Raider
Wow, I didn't realize Lullaby was that strong! What should I be doing to fish out damage though? So far I've been crutching on native advance and Fenrir overdrive + burning arrow buff to crank out nasty luneth combo dmg...
Damage will come over time as characters level and you gain better abilities (and hone them up).

I'm not sure what you have left but I'd strongly consider spending on Banner 5. Sentinel Grimoire is the most overpowered relic in the game. It's a flat 40% reduction of all damage taken. Gilgamesh's and Lightning's SSBs are both really good. They're AOE attacks which means they won't do as much damage to a single target but it's still very respectable. Yuffie's Headband is actually awesome. It's a weird relic because it's a group heal on a physical character. The thing that makes it so good though is that it's instant cast. As soon as you push the SB button the heal goes off. Less valuable for you since you pulled Lullaby Rod. Everything else is just a solid mix of relics. The only real clunkers are Galuf's hammer and the armor for Golbez and even those have niche uses.

For myself I've given it thought and my plan is to do 2 pulls on Banner 2. It really is a terrible banner but I want Save the Queen badly. I know it's never smart to pull for a single relic but I was prepared to go much deeper into Banner 1 than I ended up doing. So I can splurge a bit. Save the Queen would be awesome. Lulu's Hairpin would be great. Hope's thing is OK. Everything else is pretty meh (I already have the Faris Bow and Mog's Lance). I'm going in hoping for the best (Save the Queen) but expecting the worst. After that I'll do 3 pulls on Banner 4 which is a really good banner. That will leave me about 7 pulls towards Tactics which should get me something decent there. Ideally I'd like to walk away from Tactics with some decent relics (Platinum Sword and the Shield for Agrias are my two main wants) and some Mythril left over.

Chris

Potato del Grande
Anyone beaten Ultima yet?

If you have good synergy gear and characters (450 magic) then you can use a haste RW (sash boon or quistis mighty guard are ideal, but you can take tyro or hope for shellga and use one of the others) and spam thunder/fire spells. Don't craft repeat -aja abilities, Firaga/Thundaga and Ifrit/Rahmu can hit 9999 too.

Remember to bring comet and waterga for mastery and cast them once.

Angelwatch

Trakanon Raider
I beat him. It took me 3 tries to get the composition right. My first two attempts didn't have my spells spread out properly so I couldn't beat the timer. To make matters worse on my first attempt I spawned the mana orb when 3 attacks were queued up so all 3 whiffed and got reflected back to me. Once I fixed the timing and how I had my spells assigned he went down really easily.

It's a pure damage race. You simply need to pump out as much damage as possible. As you said, with around 450 MAG you'll be hitting for near the cap. I agree that Boon, Mighty Guard or Garnet's new one are the best RWs for the fight. You really need the haste and the magic resistance helps a lot. You can always take Shellga on a Sage character but Haste is mandatory for the fight.

Fun fight overall. I'm a bit burnt out on Orb farming so I didn't mind taking a detour to clear this stuff. And I'll take another detour to clear Yuna's event as well. Holy and Earth orbs are nice for Saint's Cross but I already have enough to go straight to Rank 3.

ismaris

Thanks for the tips. I would like Save the Queen and Wutai headband, as I have a 7* 4-point shuriken and Beatrice's Thunder Glove. Out of curiosity, now that I can have a 7* dragon claw, is there any point in trying to work Sabin into my party? Trying to figure out who would be the most useful for their boostga SB (Sabin, beatrice, tifa).

I will likely do a pull on 5*, but I blew most my pulls on this first one. My mythril income has slowed down considerably because I am basically just farming xp/orbs while they're available.

Angelwatch

Trakanon Raider
Beatrix and her Gauntlets are awesome. I have them on my Japan account that is for funsies only. You really don't need Save the Queen because her Thunder Gauntlets are much better. Rose of May is a 4 hit damage combo (with a lower multiplier) and it gives you a Defensive Buff. If you had Save the Queen you'd still be using Rose of May most of the time for the buff. She's a great Knight character who can fit into a lot of niches. If not sure where you are ability wise but the first two 4 star abilities you should craft are Rank 1 Shellga and Rank 1 Protectga. You can put one on Beatrix as the situation calls for and your mitigation is now really good.

You have Platinum Fist for Tifa right? Both Sabin's and hers are pretty identical. The problem is both are about to be outclassed next week when the Tactics event lands and Platinum Sword becomes available. Those gloves are a damage combo to the enemy + 35% attack to your group. Shout from Platinum Sword is +50% attack and hastega. It outclasses the gloves in every way. But since you have Haste already (Red Scorpion Tail) and a group heal (Lullaby Rod) you'll be using Tyro and Y'Shtola as your primary Roaming Warriors for Wall. So having your own Boostga is really good. So, yes, it's worth fitting one or the other into your group. Either is fine really. I think Tifa has slightly better stats but both are just fine. And don't forget that you can mix and match equipment. Nothing says that you can't use Dragon Claws with Tifa or vice versa depending on the Realm.

Chris

Potato del Grande
Dump all of your rosetta stones onto your 7* items, they are about the same as a 5* with synergy for every realm and are INSANE in their own realm.

7* Gloves are not just for Monks, you can have characters like Zack for a Spellblade/Celerity and Gilgamesh for a Dragoon/Samurai.

The Ancient_sl

shitlord
I think I already said this, but if you don't have wall there is no reason to pull on any Banner but 5. It's unquestionably the best banner of the bunch. If you are stupid lucky and get wall on your first pull, that's great now you have that much more mithril for tactics.

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
This is the second time I've done an 11 pull and gotten zero 5* so I'm incredibly lucky. Probably will just take your advice Ancient and hold off for Banner 5. Still have 300+ mithril so I'll hopefully get it but I doubt it haha.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Did four single pulls and got a Yoshiyuki. Schwing.

Now I have three physical SSBs (Cloud / Squall / Sephiroth) and a 30% boostga on a combat 4 with Jecht's Sin's Talon that I pulled on the first lucky draw.

Time to craft additional lifesiphons
biggrin.png
. I should have gone harder in the power orb phase.

SorrowsEnd

Trakanon Raider
I did a 11x pull and a 3x. I picked up Sephiroth's and Zildane's featured relics from the drive.

I have Lightnings gun and Minwu's staff so I made a team of Sephiroth, Lightning, Zildane, Minwu, and Aerith for planet protector. For record materia I'm running with dr mog and mako might for Minwu aoe heal and Aerith planet protector. The dps units all are using auto haste rm. using life siphons to charge the bar on trash or just auto battling through garbage. I've been having fun clearing out elite dungeons today by just SSB destroying everything.

This is such a nice change of place from retaliate everything.

Angelwatch

Trakanon Raider
I agree with Ancient. If you don't have Wall you should be planning to pull on Banner 5. Even if Sentinel Grimoire wasn't on the banner it would still be VERY good. With SG it's over the top. With that said I'm in a position to pass on it. I've already got my SG. The only things I'd like would be 3 of the 4 SSBs (I don't need Garnet's since I pulled the whip).

I'm still really hoping for Save the Queen tomorrow on Banner 2. It's definitely the worst of the 5 banners but I was thinking that Last Judgment Grimoire wouldn't be the worst consolation prize in the world. I doubt I'd ever use the SB since he's on full time Wall duty but getting the +10 Attack for mastering it would be nice actually. It would turn his terrible stats into still terrible but not quite as terrible as before.

yamikazo

Trakanon Raider
What is good about banner 1 btw?
Banner 1 has two of the best SSB's in the game - Bartz (probably #1 SSB weapon) and Sephiroth (he has everything you look for in a Lifesiphon+SSB spammer). Yuna's heal is one of the best in the game and ages incredibly well (if we get healer BBSSSB banner in 6 months, you can replace it then).

The other stuff is excellent synergy gear. Zidane in his own realm is a beast, and IX daggers are super useful. Quistis with that whip is a very strong hybrid character already, and in her own realm she'll be your best mage. Squall's relic is a dud but VIII synergy is welcoming. Vivi's poison rod has the best chance to proc the status when it's a medal condition or you want to cheese, and is among the best MAG stat sticks in the game. Sabin and Sazh both get dmg+30% boosts, which are not bad consolation prizes or at least, even if you are going to run scream, will be great for Cid Missions.

Pulled Tidus' shield off my 100-gem, which I won't lie opens up some options on my team since I drew Sazh's boostga relic from lucky draws. It's not at all what I hoped for when seeing the rainbow, but it's not at all a bad SB and I welcome the defensive stats.

Healthfood

Golden Squire
Also a note that people are looking towards Ifrit's Fragment Dungeon in the future, where Cid's Mission requires you to bring a full FF VIII team. Having Quistis' SSB is huge as the only haste relic in the realm bar RW, but you'd rather bring a Wall RW because of the damage.

Chris

Potato del Grande
Didn't people figure out to use Fire Resist gear for that?

Makes me tempted to pull but that dungeon is open every month like the Abyss ones, so I think it's better to pull on things to help with clearing Ultimates.