Final Fantasy: Record Keeper - Mobile Gaming Cash Grab

Healthfood

Golden Squire
Cid's missions he mentions are where you take a U and eventually U+ event bosses with only realm synergy teams. It's worrying people because this means you can't bring native wall (No Tyro / Y'sholta) or Scream (No Ramza), and may or may not have a native haste for that realm depends on your luck.

It mainly offers Major Orbs as reward, so even if you can't complete it it's not that bad.

Edit: To clarify Cid missions are also for non-U and U+, but those are the ones that post is concerned about.

Mures

Blackwing Lair Raider
Reroll until you do?
Yeah, seems to be a must, beat it the first time w/ sentinel grimoire. Glad I swapped Cecil out for Rinoa for more dps as effects were just starting to wear off right before the killing blow. One medal away from mastery though, but at least I got the ability and mc2.

Angelwatch

Trakanon Raider
Haven't been around much in the last week but we got a big update today.

The interesting thing is that it looks like DeNA messed up somewhere. They were tinkering with drop rates and it looks like both the Tactics banner and the first Relm banner have an extra 1% for a 5 star relic. It seems that Locke's Valiant Knife got added to the table for both banners at 1%. Nobody over at Reddit is really sure what's going on but it looks like a mistake to me. But both banners become REALLY good with that extra SSB included. And Locke is a solid character being our first level 80 Thief who can get maximum benefit from Thief's Revenge.

yamikazo

Trakanon Raider
I have good VI synergy, but the Tactics banner is a bit dry for me, so I thought I'd pull on the VI (Shadow + Relm SSB's are top-tier, and the collateral isn't bad) - went for a 3-pull on VI hoping for the extra Valiant Knife and got Relm's SSB instead, went for another and came up empty. 30 mythril for an uber Curaga SSB was a well-spent unplanned splurge.

Good luck to anyone chasing the extra 1% for Valiant Knife.

Mures

Blackwing Lair Raider
Oh gambler's fallacy, thought I was due after 0/44 so I did another 3 pull on tactics and now I'm 0/47.

The Ancient_sl

shitlord
Yeah I got suckered in by it too and pulled 11x again again on tactics for Agrias shield and valiant knife. Got another grand armor instead, oh well. Not sure if I should combine or not. I really need to start saving for basch shield.

Reddit is fucking retarded man. You've got people there bitching up a storm that DeNa increased the drop rates because they already spent their mithril.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
yeah the sense of entitlement on reddit is getting pretty strong, even despite DeNA's incompetence and shadiness.

Angelwatch

Trakanon Raider
Yeah. Reddit has gone full retard over this whole mess.

Regarding the original Tactics debacle: I agree that it was a shitty move. Japan had a much better chance at drawing the Armor, Shield or Bracelet than we did. But people are getting off banner crap and they're thinking that they should have been getting Platinum Swords instead. That was never the problem. Platinum Sword and Defender are behaving exactly as expected and exactly as Japan did. But the other character stuff is all really good so it does suck that the rates were "nerfed" (at least in comparison to Japan).

The Valiant Knife thing, in my ind, is pretty much a clear-cut mistake. It wasn't intentional and something got screwed up with their massive update yesterday. The fact that it's dropping on the TACTICS banner and the Relm banner shows that something isn't right there. The one issue I agree with Reddit on is that DeNA should be more transparent about what's going on. Real money is involved right now and I think that's both helping and hurting the issue. On one hand DeNA needs to explain what's happening but on the other hand they're probably trying to figure out what's going on and their priority is getting things fixed. But reading some of the crap over on Reddit is stupid. People are wanting partial to full refunds on all pulls from Tactics to present. Other people don't understand the problem at all and they expect to toss 5 Mythril at a Banner and get a guaranteed Valiant Knife. Both cases are just being entitled, spoiled and stupid.

As for myself it's interesting to read but doesn't affect me much. I got a Platinum Sword and the Kaiser Shield from 3 pulls and my VI Synergy is pretty solid. So I don't feel the need to go chasing any relics right now. In fact I'm sitting on nearly 200 Mythril and I have no idea when I'm going to spend it. None of the upcoming banners are all that appealing to me.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
yeah the sense of entitlement on reddit is getting pretty strong, even despite DeNA's incompetence and shadiness.
I agree with the shit about rates and expectations (and honestly, a little bit of transparency from DeNA would be awesome).

Tinkering with the rates is stupid, but DeNA doesn't give a fuck about the individual redditor to try and fuck them specifically by altering rates AFTER they spent. It's conspiracy bullshit 101.

Also, most of the time in video games, it's the people who go first are the ones that reap the most benefits for things that need-to-be or do get fixed. Exploit early, etc. So this one instance they fixed the rate afterwards, tough shit.

ismaris

Silver Knight of the Realm
Rates should be transparent, and should not be changed mid-event. I do think reddit is going a bit overboard, but I think that speaks to my earlier comment on engendering a gambler's fanaticism...

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
There is always an event going on so your latter statement is wrong.
No one is saying that from event to event the rate can't change, they're saying part way through an event that banner rate shouldn't change.

The allegation is that that FFT banner rate changed midway through... that shouldn't ever happen. Rate changes per event could change, though I personally think that is a bad change.

ismaris

Yeah, I more mean changing a particular event while that particular event is live is not really a good thing.

So I pulled another shitty off-banner 5* with no SB (metal knuckles VIII), but I also pulled Agrias' defender blade, so having another physical SSB is a good thing. Wondering where I can fit her into my party..possibly I could replace sephiroth with her.

Angelwatch

Trakanon Raider
In my opinion: Changing the rates of an existing banner (or even an event) while it is occurring is a bad idea. However, you can use an event as a cut off period to make changes. So Relm Banner 1 and Banner 2 have an X% drop rate. The next event, Vincent, has a Y% drop rate. But I do agree that Relm Banner 1 has an X% drop rate on Monday and a Y% drop rate on Tuesday should never happen.

Again though, I'm working under the assumption that it was not intentional and the whole Valiant Knife thing was a colossal screw up on their part. Changing the drop rate for Tactics from Japan's banner to ours was a dick move and they should be called out for it but that's their right to do it. And there's nothing wrong wanting to fight for transparency.

There were just a lot of things that went wrong over the last few events that I honestly believe that DeNA is scrambling to get it all sorted. I don't really expect any sort of compensation or anything (like I said I wasn't really affected) but it would be nice for them to issue some sort of statement just as a "feel good" measure.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
Well, part of the problem is that the drop rates are all hidden and have to be estimated or sniffed. I realize transparency doesn't really engender people spending money on their game, so I understand why they don't publish rates.

ismaris

So I've been diligently pulling single pulls as I get 5 more mithril. Just got kaiser shield! Pretty stoked. I guess now that I have agrias' SSB and kaiser shield, I definitely need to find her a spot in my party.