Final Fantasy: Record Keeper - Mobile Gaming Cash Grab

Jait

Molten Core Raider
last day of the Squall event. i haven't finished it yet. don't know if i'll be able to without blowing a bunch of mithril. hm. i've only got the last two elites to finish tho...
I haven't finished it either. I tried it for the first time last night with just a few minutes of planning and I could defeat the 1st and 2nd bosses, but after the dino I'm totally spent. Need to use a Mythril after the 2nd and 3rd boss if I want to complete it, I think.

Chris

Potato del Grande
VIT0 friends, VIT0.

Also VIT99 has been discovered. Same bug happens when you cast Protectaga then Tyro Sentinel Grimore, you get double Grimore. Then if you cast another Protectaga you get double Protectaga, then another Sentinel Grimore gives you quadruple etc etc...

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
i've glanced at a couple VIT0 write ups but they were mostly pretty poorly written and i said "fuck it" lol.

do you happen to have a link to a good one?

Valos

Golden Knight of the Realm
You need protect and deprotectga. You cast protect on the boss, then deprotectga, then protect again. Then have someone with 220+ attack hit the boss for 9999. Use retaliate and double cuts on that person and you're doing 19998 damage per character. Its abit cheap, but it helps.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
i knew it would be that simple lol. all the guides i saw had multiple paragraphs. thank you.

Valos

Golden Knight of the Realm
The only other thing to mention is that you're limited in time. So it's good to have peoples ATB all set to launch stuff in a row. If you use vanilles deprotectga, you have like 15 seconds or whatever to do your deal. If you use wakkas limit break you have like 5 seconds. Maybe 3, I cant remember. Its good to have two people with protect due to the time limit. So it can get more wordy the more you want to explain. But what I said before is the basics, everything else just for efficiency.

The Ancient_sl

shitlord
VIT0 friends, VIT0.

Also VIT99 has been discovered. Same bug happens when you cast Protectaga then Tyro Sentinel Grimore, you get double Grimore. Then if you cast another Protectaga you get double Protectaga, then another Sentinel Grimore gives you quadruple etc etc...
Still have to burn a mithril if you want to use the exploit on every boss rush.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
The only other thing to mention is that you're limited in time. So it's good to have peoples ATB all set to launch stuff in a row. If you use vanilles deprotectga, you have like 15 seconds or whatever to do your deal. If you use wakkas limit break you have like 5 seconds. Maybe 3, I cant remember. Its good to have two people with protect due to the time limit. So it can get more wordy the more you want to explain. But what I said before is the basics, everything else just for efficiency.
so even tho it might be annoying its probably a good idea to do it on Battle Speed 1

yamikazo

Trakanon Raider
Incredibly not-uber here, but I've been making steady progress. 71 STA, main group is in the low/mid 40's now. Got everything I wanted (needed) from the last few events, but it also feels like they've ramped up in difficulty. Went for Sephiroth's memory crystal last night and just didn't have the juice to get the boss down - 120k hp is a lot!

Still yet to pull a single 5* after using all of my mithril for pulls. Using a mild retaliate strat (Tyro double cut when not healing, Vivi for counter attacks when I run out of magic, Wakka/Seph for lowering enemy's defenses/solid damage, Cloud keeping Ret up and then Spellswording and attacking), which seems to work really well or I fall flat on my face. Stocked up lots of gil from that Daily, but need more orbs for hones!

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
This is true, but things like attack animations pause the timer. So 15 seconds lasts a really long time.

I don't think I've run into a boss yet that survives through the entire cycle.

Chris

Potato del Grande
Still have to burn a mithril if you want to use the exploit on every boss rush.
I've cleared every Boss Rush without Mithril. You don't need to use a Roaming Warrior on every boss, just the hardest two. Use standard tactics for the easier ones.

I have Wakka Ball but I'm typically only using VIT0 on 2 bosses out of 4, one is usually easy and another is usually some sort of non threatening wall to build limit breaks up on. So I killed Sample with just Retaliate/Double Cut and Lost Number I just auto attacked for limit break charges under Protectaga, I needed three Status Reels uses - one for Materia Keeper and two for Jenova since the duration is so short with Wakka Ball(two turns). Materia Keeper is easy under VIT0 and Jenova I kinda needed Sentinel Grimore to stay alive.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
speaking of spending money -- they were smart when they started the "first pull 100 gems" thing. they're probably going to get a dollar from me every time there's a new banner haha.

Jait

Molten Core Raider
Someone mentioned Battle Speed. Definitely worth slowing down to 2 on many bosses. And speeding up on many of the Event grinds.

speaking of spending money -- they were smart when they started the "first pull 100 gems" thing. they're probably going to get a dollar from me every time there's a new banner haha.
Yeah. Not bothered to mention they've gotten at least 100$ from me. But I play this game more than most AAA titles so...rationalize it.
tongue.png

Chris

Potato del Grande
Maybe Jait T Kirk can rock battle speed 2, for everyone else battle speed 1 on bosses. Fucking hell.

Oh yeah, buy the gems for all of these. Totally worth it. I've stopped getting 5* now but I have quite a few fake ones from 3* and 4* combos.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
not sure how much total they've gotten from me. always been a dollar at a time. in addition to the 100 gem pulls, sometimes if i wipe to a boss i'll say "fuck it" and spend a dollar to heal.

btw, the party i'm rocking right now:

Cloud, lv. 54, Buster Sword, Crystal Helm (4*), Power Wrist -- rank 3 Fira Strike, rank 2 Blizzara Strike
Sephiroth, lv. 54, One-Winged Angel, Red Jacket + (5*), Power Belt -- rank 2 Double Cut, rank 4 Power Break
Squall, lv. 54, Zantetsuken, Genji Helm, Hyper Wrist -- rank 2 Double Cut, rank 2 Water Strike
Tyro, lv. 54, Healing Grimoire, Genji Shield, Hero's Ring -- rank 3 Curaga, rank 2 Thundaga
Vivi, lv. 53, Empyrean Rod (4*), Royal Crown (4*), Barrier Ring -- rank 2 Firaga, rank 2 Quake

really wish i had a 5* rod for Vivi.

i keep my abilities set up like this mostly because i'm generally too lazy to swap out abilities for boss fights, and that covers just about every potential weakness for bosses.

for really tough fights i swap in Terra instead of Vivi. Terra essentially is like a second Tyro the way i set her up -- she can equip my second Zantetsuken, she can wear heavy armor, and she can use 3* White Magic in addition to 5* Black Magic. I give her my second rank 3 Curaga and whatever second ability works for the fight i'm about to do. so she can take a beating, does decent damage when auto attacking my way to a boss, can heal, and can drop some nukes. i really wish that her memory crystal was available already.

i wish i hadn't spent all my Greater Earth Orbs before i heard about VIT99. need 'em to make Protectaga. i usually just rely on RW Sentinel's Grimoire for boss fights. seems like VIT99 is easier to set up than VIT0... and easier to keep it going for the whole fight probably.

Chris

Potato del Grande
My team is:
Cloud
Wakka (Official Ball)
Garnet

The last two slots are whatever the event characters are, between events I'll use Squall and Tidus. I nearly have everything at lv50 because of this.

Pulled Red XIII's Pin with a few mythril. I've read that it is fantastic as a friend summon, so I'll throw out my code for anyone that wants it.
Code is GBLu . He's only level 28, but his stats don't matter for his Soul Break. It's party wide Haste + Protect.

Angelwatch

Trakanon Raider
Small patch today for those who haven't seen it.

You can now save "Favorite" parties which is super nice. You can create a bunch of different loadouts and swap between them really easily now.

Devotion Record Materia is buffed. It sounds like it now increases MAG 20% up from 10%.

One unannounced "nerf" (if you want to call it that) is that now enemies have the ability to resist Break attacks (Power Break, Magic Break, etc.). It doesn't appear to be retroactive but the first signs of it are in the FF12 Balthier Boss Rush. A resist will reduce the effectiveness of the break by half. So if Power Break reduced the enemy's attack by 40% it will only reduce it by 20% if it can resist the break. As such the 4 star Breakdown abilities are becoming much more useful.

Speaking of the FF12 Balthier Boss Rush, it's stupidly easy if you are leveled and have some gear. I breezed through it with all 50+ characters. It doesn't hurt that I have two 6 star Danjuros which chew through FF12 content. One tip, bring Berserk and cast it on the final boss. Makes it really easy because the way the AI is coded he will continue to use buffs but because of berserk he has to cast them on your party. Great Barrier for everyone!

Finally I finished the Sephiroth Boss Rush. That was MUCH harder than the Balthier one. It's only 4 fights but the last two bosses just soak up damage while hitting really hard. I got to Jenova but ran out of gas at the end. Just said "fuck it" and burnt a Mythril, got 10% Offense and beat him easily. I didn't Master it though but I got the Power Breakdown which is all I really wanted (see above).