Final Fantasy: Record Keeper - Mobile Gaming Cash Grab

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
i've never needed more than R2 on either of them.

Protectga/Shellga last 35 seconds + 1 sec per 33.3 MND

was kind of hard to find this linkindex/mechanics - FFRecordKeeperbut that's where i found the info at.

keep in mind that timers stop for all animations other than item drops.

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
They are timed? I always thought there were based on number of rounds. Guess ill be playing at max speed all the time then.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
the time is adjusted based on your speed. i did some rough math, speed 1 seems to be 2x as slow as the times on that page.

there are some ways you can work the system using the speed option, tho. if you're feeling like a power gamer, you can exploit the fact that the timer runs during item drop animations, and switch to speed 5 during drops so that negative statuses on your party wear off sooner. and oddly enough, dragoon jump timers are calculated in absolute (real world) time, independent of the speed setting in your options menu. so, you can start a jump, then cast an ability with a long animation (say, a -ja or a summon), switch the game timer to speed 5, and the jump will complete as soon as the animation is over.

i never bother to play the game in such a tedious manner, tho. =p these days my main concern is bringing realm-appropriate parties so i can hopefully find some flavor text easter eggs.

Chris

Potato del Grande
Protect/Shell timing is hard. I usually recast them half way through boss battles when I recast sentinel grimore, they do last longer but not long enough usually for an entire hard boss battle.

You need r2 for boss rush and r1 for everything else.

Retaliate and breakdowns you can cast 2 abilities in between but you'll have a few seconds at the end without coverage. These need r2 for single bosses.

Angelwatch

Trakanon Raider
I finished the latest Dungeon Update. This one was MUCH easier than the last one (screw that Leviathan fight). The last Elite was actually really easy. There are two boss fights but the first one is the standard Zorn and Thorn fight. Just stagger your attacks, leaving one person in reserve at all times, and they will not do a single point of damage to you. The last fight is their combined form with lots of Magic Damage. But he doesn't have any dangerous counters or abilities once Mitigation is up. He was easy. 150 Stamina is nice and I'm 1 shard from a refill for our next DU. I just need to finish the last Sephiroth battle now and I'll be all caught up in time for VoM and more Orbfest farming. For the Sephiroth fight I might just run a 3 man team with Reno and someone else with Break and kill two birds with one stone.

SorrowsEnd

Trakanon Raider
I just beat the +++ Sephiroth event battle with crap draw/retaliate team with a 52 Gilgamesh, 51 Sephiroth, 51 Reno, 65 Vanille, and 65 Setzer.

Magic breakdown on first form, Power breakdown on second form. Sentinel RW.

Super easy fight if you cheese it with drawtaliate.

The Ancient_sl

shitlord
I finished the latest Dungeon Update. This one was MUCH easier than the last one (screw that Leviathan fight). The last Elite was actually really easy. There are two boss fights but the first one is the standard Zorn and Thorn fight. Just stagger your attacks, leaving one person in reserve at all times, and they will not do a single point of damage to you. The last fight is their combined form with lots of Magic Damage. But he doesn't have any dangerous counters or abilities once Mitigation is up. He was easy. 150 Stamina is nice and I'm 1 shard from a refill for our next DU. I just need to finish the last Sephiroth battle now and I'll be all caught up in time for VoM and more Orbfest farming. For the Sephiroth fight I might just run a 3 man team with Reno and someone else with Break and kill two birds with one stone.
They still haven't added in the event quests for bonus battles. It's beyond frustrating.

In other news. This game just keeps bombarding me with FFX gear. Pulling 150 on P1 for wall relic and I get...2 Magistral Rods. Of course I already have a Lullaby Rod.

Pooch

Lord Nagafen Raider
this vale of memory event is clutch. grabbed the few crystals i missed out on way back when and unlock tyro and cecil from my A team to 85 is a nice bonus

Angelwatch

Trakanon Raider
Sounds like there are some major issues going on:

Last night's banner (SSB Celebration Phase 1) listed the wrong Relics on the translated page. Most people knew what the actual Relics should be but that doesn't stop people from bitching for free Mythril. I spent 100 gems and got 1 Mythril back.

Login Bonuses are seriously screwed up right now. At some point overnight you were able to login and get an extra Daily Mythril. However, this morning at 8am EST when the normal daily login bonus rolls over many of us (if not everyone) only recieved our 1 Mythril Login Allowance and the Gil from Roaming Warrior usage. We did not get our daily bonus nor did we get the Orbfest special login bonus. At this point they have to be aware of the issue but no clue as to what they're doing to fix it.

The Ancient_sl

shitlord
I got a pretty nice gift this morning since I had pulled 4x11pulls hoping to get Thyrus. 40 mithril is a huge bonus, but I think I'm going to save it for banner 3 since this banner really didn't treat me well.

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Sounds like there are some major issues going on:

Last night's banner (SSB Celebration Phase 1) listed the wrong Relics on the translated page. Most people knew what the actual Relics should be but that doesn't stop people from bitching for free Mythril. I spent 100 gems and got 1 Mythril back.

Login Bonuses are seriously screwed up right now. At some point overnight you were able to login and get an extra Daily Mythril. However, this morning at 8am EST when the normal daily login bonus rolls over many of us (if not everyone) only recieved our 1 Mythril Login Allowance and the Gil from Roaming Warrior usage. We did not get our daily bonus nor did we get the Orbfest special login bonus. At this point they have to be aware of the issue but no clue as to what they're doing to fix it.
Yeah I thought something was screwed up. I logged in the middle of the night cause my kid was awake and I got a bonus item but missed something this morning.

Mures

Blackwing Lair Raider
Speaking of getting stuff from events, it just reminded me. I got a rosetta stone the other day and have no clue where it is or what it does and I'm not finding any info on it really. And the soul things we're getting in the new event I see says you can unlock a hero, where exactly are these souls going? They are not under misc in your inventory and I'm not sure where else to look.

Angelwatch

Trakanon Raider
In the Vale of Memories event there is a small circle on the bottom right that says something like Hall of Rites. Go there to cash in blank souls and memory crystals.

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Who are some good people to take for blank souls for a relative newbie? I am think Y'shtola for sure and maybe Vann? I see them in a lot of builds and I have neither.

The Ancient_sl

shitlord
Speaking of getting stuff from events, it just reminded me. I got a rosetta stone the other day and have no clue where it is or what it does and I'm not finding any info on it really. And the soul things we're getting in the new event I see says you can unlock a hero, where exactly are these souls going? They are not under misc in your inventory and I'm not sure where else to look.
The rosseta stone buffs the main stat of a weapon. You want to use it on SB atk weapon or mag weapon you use a lot although I've used one on a 5*+ danjaro that sees a lot of use. Most people hoard them out of fear of waisting them on a weapon that will end up not being used. I believe though if a weapon ever does become obsolete you can transfer it's augments by using it as crafting material.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
I've done the 8 20/50 difficulty sections already (and am back up to 50 mithril), how hard are the 110 difficulty parts?

Also, any advice on who to use the "New Character" crystals on? I've got warrior from before, but was thinking Yshtola or Thancred.

Also, I was thinking of using one of the blank MC1 on Aerith, as I use her pretty heavily. Another will be on Gilgamesh, as I just missed his. Not sure who to use the other two on...

MC2 I was thinking of Rinoa or maybe Cloud, since I missed his MC2.

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I've done the 8 20/50 difficulty sections already (and am back up to 50 mithril), how hard are the 110 difficulty parts?

Also, any advice on who to use the "New Character" crystals on? I've got warrior from before, but was thinking Yshtola or Thancred.

Also, I was thinking of using one of the blank MC1 on Aerith, as I use her pretty heavily. Another will be on Gilgamesh, as I just missed his. Not sure who to use the other two on...

MC2 I was thinking of Rinoa or maybe Cloud, since I missed his MC2.
I beat the FFIV 110 using retaliate strats and definitely should have used magic. Took awhile and it was close, two people died so I didn't even get Master but doesn't matter for the MC2 crystal.

Angelwatch

Trakanon Raider
The 110 isn't too bad if you have some Synergy and hones. The bosses don't have a ton of health but they do put some damage out. The big Worm from X is probably the easiest. It has two vulnerabilities (Ice and Water) and it's damage isn't too bad. Just get a Wall Roaming Warrior and hit it with Magic Break(down) to keep it's Quake's low. It's pretty easy.

The IV 110 isn't terrible either. It's all physical damage so go in with Wall, Protectga and Power Break(down) and he will hardly dent you. Bonus is that his Darkness ability actually costs him life to use so that helps chip him down.

VII is probably the hardest. The main body will spam an AOE attack and if you hit it before the arms are dead it "grabs" a character and you need to hit that arm to get them loose again. The VIII Behemoth is also tough since it likes to spam AOE attacks. Focus on the X and IV ones first and then try your luck with these.

If you don't have Cloud's MC2 from the previous event I'd suggest taking his first. VII is just a very common realm and they LOVE Cloud so it's good to keep him powerful. Plus his RM3 is really good when you get a Wall, Hastega or Group Cure of your own.