Final Fantasy: Record Keeper - Mobile Gaming Cash Grab

Rush

Silver Knight of the Realm
I can't beat the 4 crystals on +, I'm out of rw by the time.I get there and even with protega and shellga, they do too much damage for me to keep up with.

Using; cloud retaliate, tidus tempo flurry, wakka tempo flurry, rinoa ruinga and curaga, paladin cecil protega shellga double cut

Chris

Potato del Grande
Low powered heal spell on a Black Mage may be a problem, as well as you not listing any debuffs.

As well as Tempo Flurry, Tidus should also have Boost, Wakka should also have Armor Break(down). Cloud can carry Tempo Flurry too, Retaliate lasts just under two turns. Rinoa should be a proper White Mage, Growth Egg Lenna up if you don't have one as she is the best one if you have no unique character gear.

Angelwatch

Trakanon Raider
Exdeath was a very fun and well designed fight. But it's showing just how critical having certain relics is becoming. I would not have wanted to try it without my own Wall and it sucks how important those two relics are (SG and Thyrus). But I really enjoyed it.

I S/Led twice. First time I panicked when he hit a character with Doom. But I think that's a scripted effect that he will always cast early in the fight. Second time I had him down to about 35% when my BLM was hit by an AOE and 3 back to back fully mitigated hits. Even fully mitigated that was enough bad RNG to kill her. Third try I got him. I made one stupid mistake when, at 20%, I accidentally overwrote my own SG with Paladin Cecil's weaker Rampart instead of hitting Radiant Wings. Luckily I still had Tryo with a charged SB and Yuna was able to get a Hymn of the Fayth off. But that was a mistake that could have cost me the fight and it was completely on me.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
party wiped on my second exdeath ultimate attempt with exdeath at under 1% health. there was no red left on his lifebar, probably would have only taken an attack from a mage to finish him. urgh.

definitely don't see how this fight would be doable without my Thyrus.

taking a break before my next attempt. at least this fight isn't as annoying as omega.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
got it done with 1 second left on Squall's Doom timer. had to bring Y'shtola for Stoneskin II, Amarant for his Shellga + High Regen relic, two separate group heals (Tyro w/ Healing Grimoire memorized and Terra geared as a red mage w/ two nukes and Bard's Bracelet), and Squall w/ Cutting Trigger to burn Exdeath down once he switches to his low HP AI. i brought more Breaks this time (Full Break / Magic Breakdown / Power Break / Heroic Harmony RW) since he was disspelling my Shellga/Wall (both of which i brought anyway this time around). with full mitigation up he was nuking for ~200 damage. was pretty tough keeping everything up tho. considering i only had 1 second left on a Doom timer, i maybe would have been safer if i had brought more DPS and less mitigation.

got it done tho.

still haven't beat Omega, don't think i'm going to bother, what an annoying/gimmicky fight. this Exdeath fight is tuned much better than Omega... was actually enjoyable instead of rage inducing.

Angelwatch

Trakanon Raider
Omega is only 1 stamina. The Badge for beating him is really nice. It took me two Stops being honed but it worked. It was a very RNG fight but that Badge is really good and worth trying to get.

Enob

Golden Knight of the Realm
And now ANOTHER holiday giveaway with the awesome login bonuses. Another free 5*, 10 more mythril, 2 rosetta stones, and a 4* summon. God damn this month has been so crazy for this game.

I made my first big mistake thanks to the holiday season. Due to traveling and visiting with family/friends I ended up missing Sephiroth's MC2. I'd been waiting for the event quest to maximize stamina usage but that left 2 days or something to finish the bonus battles, which I didn't even log in on. It upsets the completionist in me but at the same time it's also relieving. Now I can go Full Cloud for retaliate and not min-max swap Seph in for a few extra attack. Still have to do the same for Gilgamesh from time to time but not as often.

Angelwatch

Trakanon Raider
The worst part of all of the events and bonuses we've gotten is going to be the low that sinks in when we go months without. People have gotten used to Mythril and other rewards being thrown at us every day and that's going to dry up. I'd expect a small Valentine's Day bonus of some sort but other than that it's going to be pretty dry until late March when the Anniversary rolls around.

Chris

Potato del Grande
Killed Exdeath with a modified Retaliate team with Tyro RW, I kinda NEEDED the Hastega and TWO AoE Cure Soul Breaks though. I also needed Rydia's Shiva(Ice) Soul Break for one of the mastery scores, so it was quite a gear heavy victory for me.

Carbuncle is REALLY GOOD, Exdeath will hit himself for 5k per reflect. Not being able to use Curaja does put you at risk of deaths, but I still got Mastery with one death. I suggest just ignoring the silly Fire/Ice/Lightning target scores and get a kill without worrying about it to get the 5* Accessory. I also tried with a Mega Team but ran out of hones, you'll need 8 uses even if hitting 9999.

Angelwatch

Trakanon Raider
Finally got around to my Beginners Draw. Got a Betrayal Sword from the draw. It's not great but it's my best VIII synergy physical weapon so I'll take it. Ended up taking Valkyrie just as planned.

Chris

Potato del Grande
Kind of regretting taking the gun now we got a free one, although it still has like 20 higher attack. Even though single target attacks aren't great and we have Gold Sword for synergy, I wonder how many Bravers I would have gotten out of a Buster Sword in just the last two weeks...

Anyway I reached a major milestone, finally have EVERY released character to lv50 now since we got millions of eggs recently, even fucking Warrior. I should be able to sustain auto egging every new character I get now, been doing this for event characters for a long time now but I'll be doing dungeon characters now too. Now I need to figure out if I should ignore the set of core MC2s we will be getting in dungeons now or actually level useless cores to lv65 :/

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
Beat Exdeath but no master... womp womp. Wasn't too hard, but fuck at the end I just kept getting shat on. Eventually took PCecil to cover shellga and a cura along with Lenna and a curaga and protectga (Wakka with Double Cut and Boost, Setzer with Double Cut and Double Cut, Cloud with Retaliate and Tempo Flurry).

Pooch

Lord Nagafen Raider
yeah just got exdeath down myself. had a clutch carbuncle at the end where i had my healer go down with about 30% left. stopped casting his AoE and just used single targets that got reflected back over and over again, and on top of that it covered all 3 elements to master the fight at the end.

Kintun

Lord Nagafen Raider
This gun (New Years Banner) is a joke. The beginner banner is better for spellblade gunners (xii & xiii). Heck, it's better than the freebies from events for 7, 12, and 13.

Angelwatch

Trakanon Raider
All of the free 5 star weapons are not true 5 stars. They're like 4.5 stars with the downside of not being able to combine them (maybe we'll get another next year but that's a very long term investment). Some are better than others but they're designed to fill in holes and not replace existing gear. Japan started getting monthly 5 stars as bonus daily logins so hopefully we do too. Worst case is that it's a Rosetta Stone. Best case is that it fills in a gap.

The New Year's gun isn't great but guns are very rare weapon types and it has synergy for a Realm with two native gun users (Sazh and Lightning). This actually makes the gun fairly decent but only in XIII. I've got Vega 42's already but I'm fine with that. I can toss the Vegas on Lightning and the Festive gun on Sazh for some recent XIII damage.

On a side note I'm really looking forward to the Yunalesca fight. It seems pretty well designed and, hopefully, less RNG dependent than Exdeath. Note that Regen will get you killed. It's just like the actual FF X fight where she is going to sap you and if that sap is removed you will eat an instant one hit kill attack. Yuna is a requirement for this fight as well so Hymn of the Fayth is a big nope. I guess this is where my 6 star Precious Watch comes in handy when I was trying for something off of the Sephiroth banner.

Side note 2: If you don't have a high level Thief and a highly honed Steal ability than you need to work on that now. The Rubicante Ultimate fight requires both. Rubicante putting his cloak up isn't Random like in previous fights. He does it every 3 natural actions and the only way to bring it down is to use a Steal ability on him to get him to decloak. My plan is to take Zidane with Steal Power (rank 4). That way he can use his Scoop Art for some solid damage after a Steal Power. If you have another Thief and a SB for them than that's a good way to go.

Chris

Potato del Grande
Got my Yunalesca team ready:

Samurai (Gilgamesh) - Retaliate/Draw Fire - Dragoon's Determination RM
Support (Wakka) - Full Break/Armor Break - Self Sacrifice RM
White Mage (Yuna) - Boost/Protega - Double Hit RM
White Mage (Eiko) - Shell/Curaja - Dr Mog's Teachings RM
White Mage (Selphie) - Tempo Flurry/Curaga - Mako Might RM
Tyro RW

Some notes:
Gilgamesh is needed to soak up the physical attacks which also dispel your Haste/Protect/Shell. He has a 6*++ Katana, 5* Armlet and 4* Accessory with Realm Synergy.
Dragoon's Determination and Self Sacrifice have sap drawbacks but you NEED to be sapped to survive Megadeath in this fight, you NEED one of these on your Retaliator since Yunalesca can't sap through Retaliate.
All three White Mages have an AoE Heal. Yuna and Selphie have shared limit break items, Eiko has her relic for Haste also. I've never taken both Curaja and Curaga before but can't think of anything else I need.
I'll need to S/L if Wakka triggers a counter attack which screws me over with a status effect.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
Not that I'll get to try this fight (still on the lvl99 version), but SAP wears off after 40 seconds... so will you clear the fight in 40 seconds or just avoid retaliate until her first hellbiter (50%?) to sap Gilg and then move toward retal?

Chris

Potato del Grande
Not that I'll get to try this fight (still on the lvl99 version), but SAP wears off after 40 seconds... so will you clear the fight in 40 seconds or just avoid retaliate until her first hellbiter (50%?) to sap Gilg and then move toward retal?
I'll see how it goes. I can let Retaliate wear off to pick up a new Sap if needed, maybe just before P3 at 50% as I hear the first move at 50% is Megadeath, then I can rebuff. I killed the lv99 version within 40 seconds.