Final Fantasy: Record Keeper - Mobile Gaming Cash Grab

Chris

Potato del Grande
random question: which 3* and 4* abilities do you guys still use on a regular basis?
Every battle depending on the team: Protega & Shellga, Lifesiphon & Wrath.

That's pretty much it. Armor/Power/Magic Breakdown sometimes. Retaliate & Taunt sometimes. Status effects sometimes.

5* Abilities or Burst commands are usually better than 4* Abilities.

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
random question: which 3* and 4* abilities do you guys still use on a regular basis?

By school:

Bard -- Sometimes the Protect/Shell clones
Black -- Ruinga for dailies, Drainga during some CM's, Stop when it works
Celerity -- none
Combat -- Lifesiphon, the 3* breaks during some CM's
Dancer -- the AoE breakdowns
Darkness -- Memento, Death Throes during CM's
Dragoon -- Blood of the Wyrvern or Leeching leap during CM's only
Knight -- Banishing Strike, sometimes Draw Fire or Magic Lure for specific strats
Machinist -- the status infliction shots to satisfy medal scores
Monk -- none
Ninja -- Phantasm, Fire/Lightning/Water veils during some magicites
Samurai -- Fire Blossom during some dailies / CM's
Shooter -- none
Spellblade -- Drain Strike during CM's, Biora strike to satisfy poison medal requirements
Summoning -- Ixion, Leviathan, or Alexander if a fight has AoE targets weak to those elements
Support -- Breakdowns, Wrath, Boost
Thief -- Steal Power
White -- Prot/Shell, Dispel, rarely some niche stuff like memento of prayer
Witch -- lol @ this entire shitty school

Healthfood

Golden Squire
Witch 4* is actually pretty good if you have a character that can use it and has a strong SB. In addition to what sinzar mentioned I also use slowga and dark bargain. Though pro/Shell, wrath, breakdown/dances and life siphon are the most common by far (I have 3 copies of wrath and 2 of life siphon atm)

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Shadow Dragon down

team:

TGCid | Hailstorm R2 + Saint Cross R4 | OSB | DMG+ RM
Ceodore | Lifesiphon R5 | USB + BSB | Ace Striker
Onion Knight | Shellga + Entrust | no SB used | Mako Might
Ramza | Wrath R5 + Entrust R2 | Shout | Dr. Mog's Teachings
Y'Shtola | Curada R2 + Protectga | BSB | Battleforged

Enkidu main magicite, focused on RES/DEF Boon with my other magicite. haven't cleared Mist Dragon yet for holy elemental magicite to aid.

Onion Knight was my sacrifice to Black Fang. had Ceodore target OK with Lifesiphon on his first turn to help make sure that OK was the one to get hit, and it still takes a lot of s/ls to make sure it worked out that way.

the healing from Ceodore's BSB was vital to stay alive, especially for TGCid with the RES loss from Hailstorm. but i was still able to alternate between that and his USB for extra damage, stat buffs, and en-holy.

had TGCid do the recast on Wall at 30s since under TG mode he does it super quick...

saw a couple different sub-30s strategies on Reddit with setups similar to mine, but they rely on the Divine Cross + Guardbringer ability combo on the second DPS and several high level Empower Holy magicite. so it will be a bit before i can attempt it. one of them skipped Black Fang entirely and relied on a fully dived Beatrix w/ BSB, but the other one didn't and used Celes as the second DPS, which i thought was impressive. i've got Beatrix's BSB but don't feel like LDing her... but i think a fully dived Ceodore will be able to fill the same role even tho he doesn't get a doublecast LMR. will have Ceodore fully dived once i get 10 more 4* Dexterity Motes and can open up his LD.

next up: Mist Dragon. but my only good dark relics are Jecht OSB and Edea BSB. might take a bit to figure out.

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
You should dive any characters that you enjoy, but I'd think long and hard before diving Ceodore. His legend dive is underpowered compared to most units, and his specialty of extra bonus healing is something you grow out of as your team gets stronger.

Grats on the Shadow Dragon clear!

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
yeahh i know he's not the *best* character to legend dive, but i find a lot of use for him and i am a sucker for paladins. lately i am back to clearing 100% of content (except Mist Dragon yet of course), so i'm not too worried about chasing fan boy stuff and sacrificing efficiency.

besides, his LD takes Spirit and Bravery motes, both of which i have a ton of...155 Spirit and 273 Bravery.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
i know, i know, should have saved my mythril, but i'm a sucker for these characters on the BRA BRA banners. did an 11 pull and saw just one rainbow orb, got disappointed at first, then saw the results and its the Echo Shellga/RES+/Hastega relic that i wanted from forever ago. not nearly as strong in today's meta, but she's the most adorable FFRK character and i'm happy to have it heh.

the GF and i decided we're going to start trying to do hard content with the most adorable team possible. she ended up pulling the same Echo relic tonight. i'll try running Echo / Mog / Vivi / Eiko / Krile. she decided on young costume Rydia instead of Vivi, otherwise she's got the same party.

in more serious news, i got really close to beating Mist Dragon last night with a relatively low budget setup, but couldn't quite get there. consistently get him down to 10-20% when he enters his enrage state.

my team:

Jecht | Dark Bargain + Crimson Cross | OSB | DMG+ RM
Aranea | Lifesiphon | magic blink dark elemental SSB | Battleforged
Onion Knight | Wrath + Entrust | BSB | Dr. Mog
Ramza | Wrath + Entrust | Shout | Mako Might
Y'Shtola | Curada + Shellga | BSB | Ace Striker

my darkness SB options really suck. i think it'd make more sense for me to try Lifesiphon instead of Crimson Cross next time. i think if i clear Shadow Dragon a few more times for more Empower Darkness magicite i should be able to get it.

Mures

Blackwing Lair Raider
Use dark ninja abilities w/ onion knight and replace Aranea w/ a different entruster?

yamikazo

Trakanon Raider
I hate this game. I made a sensible budget of 100 mythril to gain 2 +water relics.

Spent 250 mythril and I couldn't tell you why. With my first 100 mythril I got Rikku's imperil water BSB, Tidus' USB and Tidus' BSB2 - enough to combine with my current stuff to sub-30 clear the 4* magicite without undue difficulty. With my next 150 mythril I got stuff to reforge and Wakka's debuff duration LMR (LOL).

Tidus' +water blitzball is of course excellent, but it's the only +water relic I scored from draining 250 on a stacked banner. My water team and my X realm team are stacked enough to do content for a long, long time but I clearly wasted resources going for something I neither needed nor got.

Gambling is cruel.

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
You got the best two items, I'd be happy with that pull !

I'm waiting until after the Black Friday draw to do my attempt at Tidus USB

I have a bunch of dupes on this banner, so it's risky, but I really want it...

yamikazo

Trakanon Raider
You got the best two items, I'd be happy with that pull !

I'm waiting until after the Black Friday draw to do my attempt at Tidus USB

I have a bunch of dupes on this banner, so it's risky, but I really want it...

It's easy to be salty when going 13/55 still leaves you with 5 desired items on the banner.

Healthfood

Golden Squire
Damn that’s still pretty good. Got a mixed bag for my pills:

Black Friday: Kain OSB, Alphanaud USB (time to hone Tiamat?), Krile BSB and dupe Ashe BSB
FFX 1st pull: Tidus Chain, Tidus LMR
FFX 2nd pull: Rikku BSB, Paine BSB

Got about 10 mythril left, probably can’t scrap another pull eve though I really want Tidus USB/BSB2. also why the heck does Tidus need 4* wisdom motes!??? Urk hopefully they will come in the next event

Last edited:

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
Ugh, I want a refund, 200 mithril gone with only a half-decent consolation prize

BFriday draw:
3/11 -- Firion USB (dupe), Thancred BSB (dupe), Rinoa BSB1 (new)

FFX draws:
2/11 -- Rikku BSB (dupe), Paine LMR (new)
2/11 -- Tidus CSB (dupe), Paine SSB (dupe)
2/11 -- Tidus BSB2 (new), Paine LMR (dupe)

So I went 9/44, and the only thing worth a shit in that whole pile is Tidus BSB2, except I still have no en-water for him

Have 412 mithril leftover, but I'm going to use a rare moment of self-restraint and not continue rage pulling so I can have some reserve for the christmas festival soon.

Angelwatch

Trakanon Raider
My Black Friday was ok. Jecht OSB, Thancred BSB2, Orlandu BSB. Nothing game changing and Orlandu is essentially just +10 attack but I use him a lot.

I pulled twice on X and struck out. 1/11 on both pulls with Yuna’s SSB and Tidus LMR. The LMR is pretty good but I can’t help but be disappointed in my results.

Chris

Potato del Grande
Elena BSB (imperil fire) and Vivi BSB (fire staff, my third so it's 8* Augmented now) and Marach LM?

Some nice fire tools but nothing game changing. I've got an 8* fire armlet so that's some awesome fire ninja/mage gear I've got now. I've already farmed the three ice magicite to 80/99 so ill not be using these until 4* magicite.

I want to say that you guys are nuts pulling with Ramza Banner next week and Onion Knight Banner in the new year, but I've turned into a scrub that can't sub 30 anything so maybe don't listen to me!

I'm deciding between saving for Ramza BSB2/LM or Tyro USB3/LM or Onion Knight USBa and USBb. Maybe I need to stop with the fucking supports and get some speedy gear.

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
I spent forever arguing with myself about the FFT banner next week, and ultimately I decided to skip it in favor of the FFT banner about 4 months from now.

Both banners have Ramza BSB2, LMR, and Marche USB, which are my main chase items anyway. The differences are that the next event drops the Ramza USB (dupe for me), and replaces all of Agrias's relics in favor of Orlandeau's new stuff (like his incredible USB). So while both banners are strong, the next one is superior except for losing Ramza's USB (which I already have.... so yeah).

I know the joke that tomorrow's banner is always better than today's so you should never pull on anything, but I'm not struggling on content and feel like I can afford to wait.

Something else that made me decide to hold off is that Ramza seems to have really fallen out of favor when 4* magicites come out. Onion's new USB relics are superior for buffing and Onion with legend dive can contribute top tier damage in a magicite fight after he uses his buffs, while Ramza really doesn't do anything in fights after he applies his buffs, and his speed is too low to be a reliable entrust battery.

My new plan is to chase Onion stuff on his banner coming up instead of Ramza's LMR/BSB2.

Also Chris Chris Tyro USB3 is a complete trap, don't fall for it. Keep Tyro as far away from your teams as you possibly can.

Last edited:

Mures

Blackwing Lair Raider
Got at least 3 pulls ready to go when the tactics event starts; would have been 4, but I did the black friday pull.

I got Squall lmr (have his osb/usb), Locke bsb (have his osb), and Pecil bsb(have his osb) so I could have done worse.

Chris

Potato del Grande
I spent forever arguing with myself about the FFT banner next week, and ultimately I decided to skip it in favor of the FFT banner about 4 months from now.

Both banners have Ramza BSB2, LMR, and Marche USB, which are my main chase items anyway. The differences are that the next event drops the Ramza USB (dupe for me), and replaces all of Agrias's relics in favor of Orlandeau's new stuff (like his incredible USB). So while both banners are strong, the next one is superior except for losing Ramza's USB (which I already have.... so yeah).

I know the joke that tomorrow's banner is always better than today's so you should never pull on anything, but I'm not struggling on content and feel like I can afford to wait.

Something else that made me decide to hold off is that Ramza seems to have really fallen out of favor when 4* magicites come out. Onion's new USB relics are superior for buffing and Onion with legend dive can contribute top tier damage in a magicite fight after he uses his buffs, while Ramza really doesn't do anything in fights after he applies his buffs, and his speed is too low to be a reliable entrust battery.

My new plan is to chase Onion stuff on his banner coming up instead of Ramza's LMR/BSB2.

Also Chris Chris Tyro USB3 is a complete trap, don't fall for it. Keep Tyro as far away from your teams as you possibly can.
Yeah the FFT Cid Event banner is amazing, I also have Ramza USB and I actually use Agrias a lot and already have her BSB/OSB so do I really need more?

Funnily enough I think that almost all of my Magicite Teams have Tyro on them!

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
that can't sub 30 anything

I think that almost all of my Magicite Teams have Tyro on them!

I think we're having a CSI moment right now.

Ok, ok, I'm just teasing you, don't hate me! :emoji_sunglasses:

I know I'm overly harsh on Tyro, and I do use him for a few things every now and then. I just think there's usually a better option than him for most situations :)

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
My GF had a killer pull on the BF banner:

received_10214747224817005.png

I didn't even feel like screenshotting mine... Zidane USB, Papalymo fire BSB, and Emperor LMR. I guess I can at least switch Papalymo in instead of Vivi on my dual DPS Sealion runs.