Final Fantasy: Record Keeper - Mobile Gaming Cash Grab

Rengak

Blackwing Lair Raider
I am a dumb and didn't realize that the Chain entry effect has a Boostga on it. So I can roaming warrior a Tyro USB and the Ramza Chain for the +50% attack

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
I am a dumb and didn't realize that the Chain entry effect has a Boostga on it. So I can roaming warrior a Tyro USB and the Ramza Chain for the +50% attack
Hah, I didn't know that either. I need to check these out. I wish there was an equivalent of exviuswiki for FFRK :|

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
2nd gen chains all have a 50% boost for either atk or magic, so in my case if I'm holy chaining with Ramza I'll likely just toss hastega on my healer since his bsb2 was my previous source for +atk and haste.

The new bardsong looks like total trash but hastega is potentially very useful and the wind quadstrike is $$$

Chris

Potato del Grande
Try this for a wiki style thing.

Rengak just use those 4 relic in your team haha, that's a top tier support, healer and two holy DPS right there - you just need something like Marche USB now. I also forgot about the 50% attack boost on Ramza CSB so I'll be using Tyro USB a lot more now.

I also have chased Terra USB many times and always missed it. I was gonna do a pull or two on this banner, but after going crazy on banner 1 I'm forced to skip in order to save for future plans.

As for tonight's superbosses, Sapphire and Ruby weapons felt easier than the first two, but I'm sure it's based on everyone's available relics. Here's videos of my two D350 kills:

Sapphire Weapon: Youtube Link
Ruby Weapon: Youtube Link

For Sapphire Weapon, I used:

Onion -- Wrath, Wrath -- mUSB
Elarra -- Curada, Allegro -- USB
Yuna -- UltraCure, Shellga -- USB1
Rinoa -- Meltdown, ChainStonega -- SSB, OSB
Maria -- Chain Blizzaga -- BSB

Magicite: Ixion (M) -- Midgardsormr, Firemane, Evrae, Evrae

This was the harder of tonight's two bosses. Onion did nothing but wrath into his mUSB over and over for the quickcast on my dps. Elarra and Yuna healed, alternating medicas as needed. Yuna's USB medica applies party haste, so she timed hers to always land right after the dispel. Rinoa did her en-earth SSB then used a few OSB's in between earth spells. Maria used her old, but still extremely powerful BSB.

For Ruby Weapon, my team was:

Shelke -- Entrust, QuickHit -- no SB
Fujiin -- PowerBreakdown, MagicBreakdown -- BSB
Elarra -- Curada, Allegro -- BSB
Raines -- DireHeal, Wrath -- BSB
Alphinaud -- Meltdown, UltraCure -- BSB

Magicite: Unicorn (M) -- Tiamat, Phantom, Gizamaluke, Evrae
RW: Haste + ATK/MAG buff

This boss is entirely piercing or gravity, so don't bother with wall or shell/prot. You need to have only 4 members alive before his tentacles come up, so I brought in Shelke (dived) to instantly entrust a soulgauge to Elarra, then instantly call the haste RW, then she killed herself with QuickHit. My kill started off super messy because of an unlucky confuse proc early, then I screwed up the targetting to cure it, but once I stabilized from that it was pretty easy from there. Fujiin's BSB helps break the bosses mag/res for my mage team, while Raines and Alphinaud just dps with their BSB. I used Elarra's BSB for this fight instead of her USB because it gives last stand and for the medica command. Because everyone on the team was using only BSB commands, all of the skill drains did nothing.
Thanks, this is much quicker just copying your teams! You've probably saved me a good hour.

Ruby Weapon I used exactly the same team but with Rosa USB instead of Elarra BSB, MBlink was great but there's a lot of single target damage so I wished I was spamming Y'Shtola's instant cast BSB Command 1 sometimes. The boss was getting close to one shotting charaters with multiple single target hits.

Sapphire Weapon I used similar x2 DPS, x2 Healers but Tyro Godwall instead of Onion Knight USB so all defensive buffs were back up after every Sapphire Beam, that with Rosa USB trivialises the fight because MBlink blocks Sapphire Beam, just cast it after Gravija and you're good. Damage is higher towards the end but I wonder if two healers are needed with Godwall, my second healer was sitting with 3 bars at the end so it was very comfortable healing.

I can upload the teams if it's helpful for anyone.

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Vanessa

Uncle Tanya
<Banned>
It's really early and I'm getting rdy for work, but I'm going ham on tonight's banner and will post results... good bad or ugly!

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
Ultima Weapon D350 felt easier than some of the earlier weapons, even with his 90% omni-resist gimmick. I used:
  • Vaan -- ThiefsRevenge, Lifesiphon -- USB, BSB
  • Onion -- Dervish, FullCharge -- SSB (onion slice)
  • Ramza -- Entrust, Wrath -- USB
  • Elarra -- Curada, Shellga -- USB
  • Yuna -- UltraCure, Dispel -- USB
Magicite: Unicorn (M) -- Sylph, EarthGuardian, Evrae, Evrae

Video: Youtube Link

Not much to the fight really. Vaan did his non-elem dps with usb/bsb/thief combo. Onion went oldschool with his SSB as his main dps while Ramza opened with his USB then fed everyone else soulgauge. I think I went overboard on defenses here because two healers and a support was way too much, and my DPS ran out of hones around 20%. Still beat it with zero medals lost, so whatevs.

Zeromus final boss tomorrow, get hyped!
(though I likely won't smash my head against the D??? gil-only version)

Vanessa

Uncle Tanya
<Banned>
Was too tired to add up stuff and post last night, then had work today, but:

5 pulls netted me, in total, 12 relics:

1 Noctis Glint
3 Cloud Glint
1 Noctis Materia
1 Cloud Materia
1 Aeris Materia
1 Zack BSB
2 Noctis BSB
1 Zack CSB
1 Aeris USB (!)

Sure, I'm bummed no Cloud USB2 or Omnislash SB (which it basically is) so my Cloud has lost his pimp status, but Aeris USB was my #1 desired relic this pull, so no salt (only 2 discos in 12 relics though is pretty shit, gotta be honest).

I have no Mythril left! I'm such a bitch for FF7 :rolleyes:

Chris

Potato del Grande
Fucking hell Ultimate Weapon...

Went with Onion Knight BSB, Alphinaud SSB/BSB and Fujin BSB DPS. Lost too many medals to damage taken and failed to get Master. I guess I need to figure out how to do it with one healer, tried Ellara BSB/Rosa USB and is was too much healing and too awkward, will try Y'Shtola BSB solo since I want the instant cast heals.

EDIT: Cloud USB1/Omega Drive and Vaan BSB as DPS, Tyro USB and Minfillia SSB (50% Attack Boostga & Last Stand) as support, Y'Shtola BSB as healer. Not very hard.

Last edited:

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
I cleared the D220 Zeromus pretty easily, but that's to be expected. I didn't bother with Boundless Zeromus since it has no rewards. Did any of you clear him? I'd be curious to see your team setups if so.

Vanessa

Uncle Tanya
<Banned>
Sorta with you Sinzar... with the time it takes to team build and learn the strats and such, you'd think it'd offer... something else?

I'm a lazy gamer but I enjoy the challenges when the reward is adequate!

I 99.9% of the time find this game to be a brilliant little package of all the Final Fantasy franchises nestled into one fun app, but what gets my goat is that all the top-tier achievements are just gil. Yes, of course gil is needed in the millions when honing, orb exchanging, upgrading both weapons and magicite, the list goes on... but they turn around and give everyone 30 million gil every fest LoL. To me that's like killing Quarm, getting rewarded with a haste earring, but you and every newbie who's ever played getting 8 of them just for logging in.

4 million gil for a D450 boundless boss? How about a one-of-a-kind 6* accessory, or like 10 of each 6* orb, or a unique shared relic.

Idk, lately the top-tier rewards are just gil. I cleared the FFIV D260 special mission just for completion purposes and it wasn't a pushover by any means... same thing... just got a lump of money as reward.

Chris

Potato del Grande
If they put meaningful rewards behind such difficult battles, more people would bitch and moan than those happy with the incentive. The good rewards and unique accessory are always in the penultimate battle. This was probably caused by Parade Float having an Ice resit reward back when the game had no resist accessories, thankfully it's now an outdated minor resit but it sucked at the time.

Originally the boundless battles were meant to be impossible and were only beaten using last stand and reflective sheild cheese.

Personally I'm low on gold and need more, thats a great reward for me. I've got a few things to reforge!

I cleared the D220 Zeromus pretty easily, but that's to be expected. I didn't bother with Boundless Zeromus since it has no rewards. Did any of you clear him? I'd be curious to see your team setups if so.
Yeah I thought it was really easy, you just need to get past the orb mechanics and unleash your dps at 50 seconds. It's got half the HP of the weapons so it was easier than all of them for me.

I used a water team so between mine and Sinzar's there's two different ones to copy!

tmp_7137-Screenshot_2018-07-01-23-17-37-1387432046.png

I used Edge SSB for haste at the start then Onion Knight wrathed to cast the proper pUSB haste after the 45 second dispel. Then everyone stopped lifesiphoning and started DPSing.

Tidus used CSB and BSB2, Bartz used USB. Edge used the ninja water combo.

Onion Knight used Lightning's instant cast attack command RM to manage the orbs, I had the AI script from reddit open on my laptop so I knew when to use Wrath and when to wait to attack an orb. I did one regular attack from Edge on an orb while Onion Knight cast the USB.

I saved the RWs for Phase two but I killed it in 1 out of the 4 casts, so a 5 second Phase two roughly.

Magicite was the water attack one with water boon inherited, then 4 dampen element ones (fire/lightning/earth/dark resists) with a second dampen inherited on them. Character all had dark resist accessories but I think it's only the boundless version with the insane dark move.

I going to attempt the boundless mode, I've done the other boundless bosses and there was enough give in my team that I think I can do it. I don't think last stand was used, I had 3 RWs left and I accidentally started P2 with 53 seconds on the clock when I could have run it down further to give more time.

• 1Like

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
thought I had more time on the Aerith USB banner and missed another pull on it :(

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
Decided to go for it. I needed more lightning magic power for 5* magicite, so I did one pull on FF4 and one pull on B5. Results:

ff4 b5 draw.jpg

Pretty good overall. Palom USB is top tier and Tifa USB2 is alright, though it's not what I wanted from that banner. Shame that everything else was dupe or worthless, but 100 mithril total for Palom USB is a total victory anyway.

That leaves me with 400 mithril remaining to divide between Bartz and Rinoa banners coming up.

Rengak

Blackwing Lair Raider
I plowed through all the realm dungeons and did some pulls on the Tidus banner. I ended up with Tidus aosb and usb (I already had his chain) and squall aosb. I did my first magicite and sub-30'd it using two entrusters as Tidus basically killed it.

Now I need some help building a team for the Sea Lion. Here are all my fire relics

Locke - USB1, BSB1
Terra - OSB
Krille - OSB, BSB
Paplymo - BSB
Balthier - BSB2
Refia - BSB
Bartz - OSB

I have Onion Knight mUSB and BSB as well. I know I probably can't sub-30 this one, but any help to beat the boss would be great.

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
Now I need some help building a team for the Sea Lion. Here are all my fire relics

Locke - USB1, BSB1
Terra - OSB
Krille - OSB, BSB
Paplymo - BSB
Balthier - BSB2
Refia - BSB
Bartz - OSB

I have Onion Knight mUSB and BSB as well. I know I probably can't sub-30 this one, but any help to beat the boss would be great.

I'd run:

Papalymo BSB -- chain firaga until BSB is ready
Krile BSB/OSB -- valigarmanda, enveloping entude
Onion mUSB -- meltdown, affliction break
entruster -- wrath/entrust feed Krile for OSB spam after en-fire from BSB
Healer -- curada, mages hymn or allegro (if using a healer with bard5)

That should actually be able to sub-30 him pretty easily, assuming Onion and Papalymo are dived for dualcast magic.

Edit: Added in some skill suggestions

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
Pulling Palom's USB let me finally sub-30 Midgardsormr! My previous best time was 32 seconds, but now with Palom on the team, it dropped down to 24 second clear time, which is kind of insane. Team I used to clear him was:

Shadow -- Raging Storm, Gust -- no SB
Onion -- Affliction Break, Wrath -- mUSB
Elarra -- Curada, Mage's Hymn -- USB
Palom -- Meltdown, Tornado -- USB
Alphinaud -- Tiamat -- BSB

Video: Midgardsormr in 24 seconds

With Elarra using Mage's Hymn I'm able to 3 hit Tiamat even before Alphinaud goes into his BSB. It's a little risky running this setup since I skip Shell and Protect entirely in order to spend more turns just dps burning, but it works out that I can medica right after the big savage nukes to recover. It's super satisfying to see Palom triplecasting meltdown for crazy damage considering Wind isn't even his specialized element.

That brings me to 7/8 of the 4* magicite at sub-30. Only one left is Hades, which should be very doable for me now that I have Ramza's 2.0 chain, but I don't need anything from Hades anymore, so don't see much point to farm him.

Healthfood

Golden Squire
Managed to complete all the weapons and 3/4 Zeromus, but Boundless Zeromus (?) is quite the ass.... he's actually decently fun once you get his pattern (at least the first few times) but his last phase that gives him 50% reduced damage and -50%attk/-50%magic debuff is horrible, especially without a chain. Have to say I quite enjoy this type of puzzle like enemies, as opposed to pure mitigation / dps zerg - will probably retweak the team to a chain based element and see how that goes, but it's a slog getting to the last boss just to get destroyed.

Got lucky with Banner 5 with Ashe USB, AOSB and Tifa USB2, already have her SSB and BSB so I feel Ashe is more or less complete except her LMR. May try a lightning magical team with her and shanttoto but will be losing a good amount of dps from the debuffer who will likely be physical.

Chris

Potato del Grande
Going to be trying Boundless Zeromus soon, just have to mop up a few things I haven't done yet first. Did all the fucking quizzes and music dungeons and the Dissida Multiplayer which was actually very hard to do conventionally (just aoe them down ASAP before Cloud triggers rape mode). Need to do Omega and Zeromus multiplayer next.

I also have tons of stamina potions to burn, realised that going hard on exp dungeons for magicite has left me with weak 5* hones, I've only got 3 more magicite left to farm (second copy of Hades and two Empower Dark magicites to inherit onto both copies), so using all my potions on power and holy orb dungeons so I have two Assault Strikes to use with Orlandeau USB.

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
I'm really liking these D260 cid missions, they're a nice challenge. I took out D260 Diabolos CM with Squall, Rinoa, Quistis, Selphie, Irvine. Key was to wrath/entrust soulgauge to Selphie so she could medica after all of the gravity aoe's which handled the biggest threat of the fight.

So we're getting the next client update on July 18th, which revamps the magicite keystone system. That was a change that came along with 5* magicite in JP, so there's a good chance we're getting 5* magicite in 2 weeks. Hope everyone has some earth damage relics ready to go!