Final Fantasy: Record Keeper - Mobile Gaming Cash Grab

Chris

Potato del Grande
on a side-note, i never realized til tonight how useful my Palom with just LMR is. his default SB is a moderate magic boost. in the D240 with that, MAG/RES from Rydia's BSB, and Edward USB he was capping Chain Thundaja at 9999x5, even with a doublecast RM instead of a damage RM. unexpected star of my 31s D240 clear.

i was thinking i'd get Ashe's USB when USB select comes, but now i'm thinking Palom.
Consider Maria, Vivi and Shantotto too if they are availiable. They are very similar USBs.

Vivi can 50% triple cast but it's en-fire. Shantotto is en-lightning but does it with Witch abilities which do more hits and have similar power now to Black Magic after the buff. Both are trance modes which is either better or worse depending on how easy it is to activate them.

Maria is en-earth.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Consider Maria, Vivi and Shantotto too if they are availiable. They are very similar USBs.

Vivi can 50% triple cast but it's en-fire. Shantotto is en-lightning but does it with Witch abilities which do more hits and have similar power now to Black Magic after the buff. Both are trance modes which is either better or worse depending on how easy it is to activate them.

Maria is en-earth.

Like I said when pulling on last night's banner a few posts before, tho, I'm specifically looking to beef up my lightning coverage since it's my weakest element. Shantotto is tempting, but I've got Ashe and Palom's LMRs already.

yimmien

Molten Core Raider
So with the fest banners over my total 6* haul from RoP/luckies/3 fest banner pulls

Machina USB
Squall USB1
Gaffgarion USB
Lenna USB (buff not medica)
Ingus USB
Sarah USB (buff not medica)
Kain brave USB last night

not very good I don't think.

Vanessa

Uncle Tanya
<Banned>
I guess I've been on auto-pilot with FFRK, but what did I do or kill that gave me like 40 million gil recently? Haha

Healthfood

Golden Squire
Finally got some time to focus on the game. Cleared all the summer events including judges and yiazmat. Judges was pretty interesting (if cheeseable thanks to auron usb), but man yiazmat was frustrating since it takes 2-3 in game minutes which is roughly 10-15 real life minutes, and I had issues with the very last insta kill + stop + damage chain when trying it.

People are really understating yiazmat solo’s difficulty... with Ashe hitting cap on the last phase, I barely managed to eek out damage before his 3rd insta kill, and that required voltech + usb shinenigans.

Chris

Potato del Grande
So with the fest banners over my total 6* haul from RoP/luckies/3 fest banner pulls

Machina USB
Squall USB1
Gaffgarion USB
Lenna USB (buff not medica)
Ingus USB
Sarah USB (buff not medica)
Kain brave USB last night

not very good I don't think.
I don't think I got anything lol.
Finally got some time to focus on the game. Cleared all the summer events including judges and yiazmat. Judges was pretty interesting (if cheeseable thanks to auron usb), but man yiazmat was frustrating since it takes 2-3 in game minutes which is roughly 10-15 real life minutes, and I had issues with the very last insta kill + stop + damage chain when trying it.

People are really understating yiazmat solo’s difficulty... with Ashe hitting cap on the last phase, I barely managed to eek out damage before his 3rd insta kill, and that required voltech + usb shinenigans.
I literally killed it the turn before his 3rd instant kill too, Sinzar's Chain Thundaja tip seemed like it was required. Luckily I've farmed the shit out of Black Crystals to hone everything to 8 uses.

That's with a dived Ashe capping every attack and doing some double casts too.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Well, after grinding out every mythril I had left available to me I was still a little short of 50 for another pull on Banner 5, but decided to risk buying gems to give it one last shot.

And it paid off!

Got Garnest CSB and Shantotto Glint. :)

Now dark is the only element I don't have a chain for. So of course this FF4 banner is getting a pull from me if I get up to 50 before it's gone. Not buying more gems for this one, tho, aside from whatever is leftover after buying a pouch for USB select (that's coming real soon supposedly, right?)

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Side note, tho, Garnet CSB seems really awkward on her with her ability selection. I've got a R4 Valigarmanda at least, but I guess maybe I'm better off just giving her bard buffs?

And with Shantotto Glint now I'm really considering getting her USB like Chris Chris recommended instead of Ashe or Palom.

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
Garnet with CSB is amazing. She uses Allegro and Mage's Hymn (or stuff like Shellga), not Valigarmanda. Leave the dpsing to the real units, she's pure support.

Chris

Potato del Grande
Side note, tho, Garnet CSB seems really awkward on her with her ability selection. I've got a R4 Valigarmanda at least, but I guess maybe I'm better off just giving her bard buffs?

And with Shantotto Glint now I'm really considering getting her USB like Chris Chris recommended instead of Ashe or Palom.
I got two to spare. Just pulled my third as my old relic from Banner 5. Lightning physical is probably my worst element now and the banners don't give me much!

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
do you guys have plans for the USB select already figured out?

i'm also really debating Rosa USB...

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
do you guys have plans for the USB select already figured out?

If it was available, Aeris USB2 would absolutely be my pick.... but it supposedly won't be in the pool until next fest's dream draw.

Other options I'm considering are Tyro USB3, Tidus, Kain, Celes, Edgar, Vivi, or Rinoa.

I already own these, but for anyone that does not, some options to consider are Bartz, Onion mUSB, Palom, Laguna, Squall USB2, Zidane USB2, Shantotto, or Elarra.

Some on my recommended list may not be in the pool (I'm about 95% sure Elarra is not for example, but just in case....).

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Elarra isn't. Here's the full list, from Reddit:

FFI: Warrior of Light 1, Garland, Sara, Wol, Master, Matoya

FFII: Firion 1, Maria, Guy, Leon, Minwu 1, Minwu 2, Gordon, Josef, Emperor

FFIII: Luneth, Arc, Refia, Ingus, Desch, Onion Knight 1, Onion Knight 2, Cloud of Darkness, Aria,

FFIV: P.Cecil 1, Kain 1, Rydia 1, Rosa, Edward, Edge, Golbez, Ceodore

FFV: Lenna 1, Galuf, Gilgamesh 1, Bartz 1, Faris 1, Faris 2, Dorgaan, Exdeath, Krile, Xezat, Kelger

FFVI: Terra 1, Locke 1, Mog, Sabin, Shadow, Cyan, Setzer, Relm,

FFVII: Cloud 1, Tifa 1, Aerith 1, Red XIII, Yuffie 1, Yuffie 2, Vincent, Zack, Sephiroth 1, Cid (VII), Reno

FFVIII: Squall 1, Rinoa 1, Zell, Selphie 1, Irvine, Seifer 1, Laguna, Edea, Fujin

FFIX: Zidane 1, Garnet, Vivi, Steiner, Freya, Quina, Eiko, Beatrix, Kuja

FFX: Tidus, Yuna 1, Yuna 2, Wakka, Lulu, Kimahri, Rikku 1, Rikku 2, Auron, Jecht, Braska, Paine, Seymour

FFXI: Shantotto, Ayame, Curilla, Prishe, Lion, Aphmau, Zeid

FFXII: Vaan, Balthier, Fran 1, Basch 1, Ashe, Penelo, Gabranth, Larsa, Vayne, Reks

FFXIII: Lightning, Snow, Vanille 1, Vanille 2, Sazh, Hope, Fang, Serah, Raines, Noel, Nabaat

FFXIV: Y'shtola, Yda, Alphinaud, Minfilia, Cid (XIV), Ysayle, Haurchefant, Estinien

FFXV: Noctis, Prompto

FFT: Ramza 1, Agrias 1, Delita, Ovelia, Mustadio, Orlandeau, Gaffgarion, Rapha, Marach, Meliadoul, Marche, Alma

Type-O: Ace, Deuce, Nine, Machina, Rem, Queen, King, Cinque

Beyond: Morrow, Aemo

Core: Tyro 1, Tyro 3

Turns out the Palom one I wanted isn't on there either. Meh.

I'm really considering Bartz too. It's probably a good thing for us (and bad for them) that we can only do it once.

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
Well based on that list, my new considerations are: Cloud 1, Rinoa 1, Vivi, Tidus, Tyro 3

I don't have anything good to combo with Cloud's USB1, so that's probably out.
Wind magicite is far away, so I don't really need Rinoa right now and may get better ice mages before then.
I do need more fire mages, but I want to pull on FF14 later and Papalymo is super good if I get his stuff.... so prob pass on Vivi.
I have some good options for water, so even though Tidus would be great, I don't technically need it... and he's my chain user anwyay so that hurts his potential.

Sounds like I talked myself into Tyro usb3 for magicite fights.

Mures

Blackwing Lair Raider
Is OK lm in the lm pick? I didn't do the pull last time because I wasn't playing the game much at the time and I've been regretting it.

I dun pretty good on the ff4 pull, Golbez csb and lm.

Last edited:

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Is OK lm in the lm pick? I didn't do the pull last time because I wasn't playing the game much at the time and I've been regretting it.

I dun pretty good on the ff4 pull, Golbez csb and lm.

yup

• FFI: Warrior of Light 1, Garland, Sara, Echo, Master, Matoya, Meia, Thief (I)
  • FFII: Firion, Maria, Guy, Leon, Minwu 1, Minwu 2, Gordon, Ricard, Josef, Emperor, Scott
  • FFIII: Luneth, Arc, Refia, Ingus 1, Ingus 2, Desch, Onion Knight, Cloud of Darkness, Aria 1, Aria 2
  • FFIV: Dark Cecil, Paladin Cecil 1, Kain, Rydia, Rosa, Edward, Tellah, Edge, Golbez, Ceodore, Ursula
  • FFV: Lenna, Galuf 1, Bartz, Faris, Dorgann, Exdeath, Krile, Xezat, Kelger
  • FFVI: Terra, Locke, Celes, Mog, Sabin, Shadow, Cyan, Setzer, Strago, Relm, Gogo, Kefka
  • FFVII: Cloud 1, Tifa 1, Tifa 2, Aerith, Red XIII, Yuffie, Vincent, Zack, Sephiroth, Cid (VII), Reno, Rufus, Shelke
  • FFVIII: Squall, Rinoa, Zell, Selphie, Irvine, Seifer 1, Laguna, Edea, Raijin 1, Fujin
  • FFIX: Zidane 1, Zidane 2, Garnet, Vivi 1, Steiner, Freya, Quina, Eiko, Beatrix, Kuja
  • FFX: Tidus, Yuna 1, Yuna 2, Wakka, Lulu, Kimahri, Rikku, Auron, Jecht, Braska, Paine, Seymour
  • FFXI: Shantotto, Ayame, Curilla, Prishe, Lion, Aphmau, Zeid
  • FFXII: Vaan 1, Vaan 2, Balthier, Fran, Basch, Ashe, Penelo, Gabranth, Larsa, Vayne, Reks
  • FFXIII: Lightning, Snow, Vanille 1, Vanille 2, Sazh, Hope, Fang, Serah, Raines, Noel 1, Noel 2, Nabaat
  • FFXIV: Y'shtola, Yda, Papalymo, Alphinaud, Minfilia, Cid (XIV), Ysayle, Haucherfant, Estinien
  • FFXV: Noctis, Gladiolus 1, Gladiolus 2, Prompto, Iris, Aranea
  • FFT: Ramza 1, Agrias, Delita, Ovelia, Mustadio, Orlandeau, Gaffgarion, Rapha, Marach, Meliadoul, Marche, Mont Blanc, Alma
  • Type-O: Ace 1, Ace 2, Deuce, Nine, Machina, Rem 1, Rem 2, Queen, King, Cinque
  • Beyond: Morrow, Aemo, Wrieg
  • Core: Tyro

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
sidenote: fuck this final fight against the Judges. i've even got Auron USB to remove the unique buff and can't manage it...

Healthfood

Golden Squire
I'm 100% picking Bartz USB1 (probably the last guy who doesn't have it). If I didn't the order would likely be OK mUSB > Rem 1 > Cinque > Kelgar. LMR wise it's OK > Terra > Ramza

sidenote: fuck this final fight against the Judges. i've even got Auron USB to remove the unique buff and can't manage it...

Did you recast Wall after the dispel? Even with Auron USB he will hit hard once, but then tickle (<2k) the next few rounds. I think you may have to reapply haste at some point but it's pretty smooth after his first 2 attacks. You'll probably need a good healer USB with that.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Did you recast Wall after the dispel? Even with Auron USB he will hit hard once, but then tickle (<2k) the next few rounds. I think you may have to reapply haste at some point but it's pretty smooth after his first 2 attacks. You'll probably need a good healer USB with that.

pretty sure i did, maybe not. i even brought Y'Shtola for Wall instead of God Wall RW since it's a longer fight.

Chris

Potato del Grande
Well based on that list, my new considerations are: Cloud 1, Rinoa 1, Vivi, Tidus, Tyro 3

I don't have anything good to combo with Cloud's USB1, so that's probably out.
Wind magicite is far away, so I don't really need Rinoa right now and may get better ice mages before then.
I do need more fire mages, but I want to pull on FF14 later and Papalymo is super good if I get his stuff.... so prob pass on Vivi.
I have some good options for water, so even though Tidus would be great, I don't technically need it... and he's my chain user anwyay so that hurts his potential.

Sounds like I talked myself into Tyro usb3 for magicite fights.
Is Tyro USB3 used in any 5* fights? I only use it on 4* Dark/Holy for easy rebuffs after Dispels.

I think I'm just not going to pull, I've spent too much on this game already.