Final Fantasy: Record Keeper - Mobile Gaming Cash Grab

Chris

Potato del Grande
Trying to get back into the game, but have no idea how to really start on difficult content, as I'm realllly behind. I'm still doing the first set of Magicites. Is there stuff I should be looking for?
Complete events as far as possible as usual, you should probably be able to finish them.

Difficulty order after that is 3* Magicite > D240 Torment > 4* Magicite > D280 Torment > 5* Magicite > D??? Torment.

So if you have a good team in a specific realm look to see if there's a Torment out for it for lots of 5* motes and currency for 6* abilities.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Trying to get back into the game, but have no idea how to really start on difficult content, as I'm realllly behind. I'm still doing the first set of Magicites. Is there stuff I should be looking for?

What Magicite are you trying to tackle next? Lay out your team and your options and we'll help you throw together a good group.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
What Magicite are you trying to tackle next? Lay out your team and your options and we'll help you throw together a good group.
I've got Golem, Leviathan, Living Flame and SeaLion clear (golem is Cloud USB tricks), and haven't tried hydra and didn't do many attempts at Fenrir. Part of my problem is I have no idea what should be used for each, and I feel like I've ignored a ton of my magic DPS character building/relics.

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
Hydra is extremely simple mechanically, which is to say there's no mechanics at all. You just bring some earth dps and hit him until he dies. He does a lot of aoe damage though.

Fenrir is easier, but has a lot of things you have to execute properly, such as timing a throwaway attack to remove his blinks, and handling his aoe slow attacks through either blink timing, re-hasting right after, or using affliction break and hoping for the best.

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
Just as a followup, since you did ask for help and all, here's an example 22 second clear of Hydra using zero magicite equipped, and no soulbreaks at all other than Shout with Ramza:

This was just ability spam with legend dived dps, but you could easily replace any of them with some actual soulbreaks if you don't have a lot of LD units yet. Also equipping some magicite would boost the dps a ton too. Exact team in this clear was:

Tifa -- Earth Ironfist
Galuf -- Grand Charge, Stone Press
Bartz -- Blastspell Strike
Ramza -- Gaia's Cross, Affliction Break -- Shout (technically bsb2, but didn't use commands)
Yshtola -- Curada, Shellga

No one used a soulbreak except Ramza

Now go clear Hydra :)

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
Surprise! Water magicites released with today's patch. I expected as much, but my strongest team (thunder mages) mastered Geosgaeno on the second pull, 35 second clear. I can clean it up a lot, probably get it under 30 seconds, but that petrify is annoying...

Shantotto -- Voltech, Hell Thunder -- USB
Garnet -- Valigarmanda, Mage's Hymn -- CSB
Elarra -- Curada, Allegro -- USB
Tyro -- Entrust, Wrath -- USB3
Palom -- Chain Thundaja, Chain Thundaga -- USB
RW: none used

Video: Geosgaeno 35 seconds

I think entrusting Palom first and using the instant RW heal instead would be better. Also I think I need to level my magicite more.... Quetzcotl didn't remove savage mode on one of his popins (he hit for I think 9700) so that was a lot of lost dps too.

Don't have much time at the moment to spend on Famfrit since I need to do some actual work, but looking forward to working on him this afternoon.

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
I put in some work on Famfrit..... he's another pain in the ass fight, sigh.

I have the DPS easily, he's honestly kind of squishy and dies very fast even with only two dps.... but he's another boss that does absurd levels of damage to your team. I can't seem to survive without last stand. I got annoyed and stopped working on him before swapping in some last stand healers, but I guess I'm going to just have to do it.

Last stand is a terrible mechanic. Because it exists, they think it's cool to make bosses that use aoe 9500 damage attacks back to back.

Chris

Potato del Grande
Spent the evening getting 3 more Quetzacotyl magicite. Adding Tyro to buff and entrust to healer actually really helped with making the clears smoother.

I just had King Behemoth take x3 Empower Lightning and Quetzacotyl take x3 Dampen Element, I feel like there's not much point over complicating it. Either you want those buffs or you don't, jigsawing it is just going to lead to wasted slots?

Only buffs I'll mix are having defensive magicites with Defence Boon/Blade Ward/Health Boon and the magic version of that.

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
After dealing with stress from Famfrit, it feels good to go and crush a D280 torment again. Not much new here, just the usual off-banner thunder team. This one was actually cleared in 20 seconds because Lightning was able to help out with the thunder dps in her native realm. Team was:

Lightning -- Thundering Quadstrike, Lifesiphon -- USB
Vanille -- Curada, Hastega -- SSB
Garnet -- Allegro, Shellga -- CSB
Sazh -- Magic Breakdown, Wrath -- SSB

Video: Dahaka 20 seconds D280 torment

I decided to give a shot on the lucky draw because there was a tiny chance of Edge SSB.... got Fang's worthless USB instead. Feels bad.

Going to do the dungeon update then try a few more team changes on Famfrit, see if I can squeeze out a win before bed.

Last edited:

Healthfood

Golden Squire
A bit old but since Water Magicites are out I figured I should bang my head against the wall of Quez without chain... after a lot of tweaking and excessing honing (R5 Ironfist, dived Cinque BSB and Dorgonn BSB), managed to barely get him in 48s. Not sure I would recommend anyone since any chain would invalidate a dive, but this is what I used:

Tifa: Gaia Rush R4 / Ironfist Earth R5 - USB | All hones used
Cinque: Grand Charge R3 / Stone Press R3 - BSB
Dorgann: Earth Saber R4 / Earth Bringer R4 - BSB | Mainly used BSB to maintain 4 imperils
Elarra: Ultra Cure R5 | Shellga R3 - USB | having to cure around paralyze is a pain
Onion Knight: Shifting Sandd R4 / Desert Mirage R4 - pUSB |

RW: Wall, Main Magicite: Earth Guardian

Man this fight is a PITA. I really hope they release fires without or whatever earth self heal monk ability soon.

Also.... we finally have enough to level 99 all characters!!! Did that and I still have 700+ Major Eggs and a lot of others. Wish we could trade them for something useful <_<.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
It's messy, it only got expert, but it worked.... needs some heavy tweaking though:

famfrit dead.jpg

Onion -- Wrath, Entrust -- pUSB
Lightning -- Thundering Quadstrike, Lifesiphon -- BSB2
Elarra -- Curada, Dispel -- USB
Orlandeau -- Stormspell Strike, Lifesiphon -- OSB
Kain -- Lifesiphon, Magic Break -- CSB

I find it very amusing that I have Lightning's USB + ASB, but it ended up that simply spamming her BSB2 to stack those imperils turned out far more effective than casting either (probably should use the ASB as a finisher though). Orlandeau with OSB spam was helpful to keep removing the savage mode that re-applies every 4 seconds. Adding a magic break to override the bosses Faith buff lowered his aoe damage enough to survive without last stand, but Kain was otherwise 100% dead weight (well, other than casting gen1 chain). If Garnet had a way to remove the mag buff I'd use her for the better chain.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Ended up saying screw it to using my USB Select to cover a specific niche weakspot and went with the most fun option -- Bartz USB1. No ragerts.

Chris

Potato del Grande
Surprise! Water magicites released with today's patch. I expected as much, but my strongest team (thunder mages) mastered Geosgaeno on the second pull, 35 second clear. I can clean it up a lot, probably get it under 30 seconds, but that petrify is annoying...

Shantotto -- Voltech, Hell Thunder -- USB
Garnet -- Valigarmanda, Mage's Hymn -- CSB
Elarra -- Curada, Allegro -- USB
Tyro -- Entrust, Wrath -- USB3
RW: none used

Video: Geosgaeno 35 seconds

I think entrusting Palom first and using the instant RW heal instead would be better. Also I think I need to level my magicite more.... Quetzcotl didn't remove savage mode on one of his popins (he hit for I think 9700) so that was a lot of lost dps too.

Don't have much time at the moment to spend on Famfrit since I need to do some actual work, but looking forward to working on him this afternoon.
I have a method to deal with the petrify, took A LOT of practice to figure this out.

Take Larsa with BSB, Wrath and Ace Striker RM. I had him in slot 3 which may be important as the timing was just right.

Larsa spams Wrath until his turn at around 10 seconds where he summons the AoE heal RW. Next turn he uses his BSB then the AoE heal command should keep everyone alive for the rest of the battle. Until...

Towards the end the boss has a phase transition and casts Bar Lightning. Then there's two Watergas, aoe ability use drain then regurgitate then stone punch.

Have Tyro summon the second AoE heal RW before the regurgitate as it does heavy damage. Then have Larsa use his second BSB use just before regurgitate so it's timed to land between regurgitate and stone punch. Because regurgitate applies poison which will eat the Astra.

Once that's done the boss is pretty easy. Hardest bit is waiting for the second magicite summon and having enough hones.

I used Shantotto chain/usb, Desch imperil usb and Vivi bsb2/usb so my DPS was a little slower than Sinzar's. Think it was a ~40 second clear.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
Just as a followup, since you did ask for help and all, here's an example 22 second clear of Hydra using zero magicite equipped, and no soulbreaks at all other than Shout with Ramza:

This was just ability spam with legend dived dps, but you could easily replace any of them with some actual soulbreaks if you don't have a lot of LD units yet. Also equipping some magicite would boost the dps a ton too. Exact team in this clear was:

Tifa -- Earth Ironfist
Galuf -- Grand Charge, Stone Press
Bartz -- Blastspell Strike
Ramza -- Gaia's Cross, Affliction Break -- Shout (technically bsb2, but didn't use commands)
Yshtola -- Curada, Shellga

No one used a soulbreak except Ramza

Now go clear Hydra :)
I'm missing a few of those skills, but I think have have SBs to cover them. I'll try hydra today.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
I'm missing a few of those skills, but I think have have SBs to cover them. I'll try hydra today.
Yeah, I'm not even getting close, and by mid 40-second range I'm getting slaughtered.

Using:
Shelke as an entrust bot
Y'shtola with shell/curada
Cinque w/ USB, Grand Charge + Stone Press
Galuf w/ BSB (earth imperil), Meteor Crush + Gaia rush
Ramza as entrust bot with BSB2

CCAF87E6-87F9-4CDD-A8DF-BBF4803F6684.png

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
You have way too much entrust batteries and no one to really use all that with. You need more real attackers.

Entrust battery options are great with units that have quickcast or instantcast soulbreaks so they can churn out a soulbreak every 2 seconds. That's why entrust spamming someone like Tidus with BSB2 (instacast) or Lightning with USB (quickcast) works so well.

If you're entrusting someone like Cinque with USB and trying to keep re-casting her USB for damage, that's about ~2 seconds to fill the ATB gauge and 2.5 seconds to cast the actual soulbreak, so you're only getting an attack every 5'ish seconds after input delay with 2-3 party slots used.

Drop one or both of the entruster units and add some attacking units instead.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
You have way too much entrust batteries and no one to really use all that with. You need more real attackers.

Entrust battery options are great with units that have quickcast or instantcast soulbreaks so they can churn out a soulbreak every 2 seconds. That's why entrust spamming someone like Tidus with BSB2 (instacast) or Lightning with USB (quickcast) works so well.

If you're entrusting someone like Cinque with USB and trying to keep re-casting her USB for damage, that's about ~2 seconds to fill the ATB gauge and 2.5 seconds to cast the actual soulbreak, so you're only getting an attack every 5'ish seconds after input delay with 2-3 party slots used.

Drop one or both of the entruster units and add some attacking units instead.
Probably add Guy... I think he's my only real other Earth SB user... and I don't have any of the 6* abilities you listed. Entrust was actually going to galuf, as Cinque's is just one and done (USB, Charge, Stonepress, charge, stonepress, repeat cycle).

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Yeah, I'm not even getting close, and by mid 40-second range I'm getting slaughtered.

Using:
Shelke as an entrust bot
Y'shtola with shell/curada
Cinque w/ USB, Grand Charge + Stone Press
Galuf w/ BSB (earth imperil), Meteor Crush + Gaia rush
Ramza as entrust bot with BSB2

View attachment 179184

What are your other healer options?

My first Hydra clear was two entrusts, two healers, and OSB spam from Maria (no en-Element). Got it done in like 50-60s, and was my first Magicite clear, so no Magicite passives to help things out.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
What are your other healer options?

My first Hydra clear was two entrusts, two healers, and OSB spam from Maria (no en-Element). Got it done in like 50-60s, and was my first Magicite clear, so no Magicite passives to help things out.
Relm BSB, Alphmau USB, deuce bsb, eiko bsb.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Relm BSB, Alphmau USB, deuce bsb, eiko bsb.

The instant cast from Aphmau USB would help a lot to address the issue Sinzar brought up. I'd say try swapping Aphmau for Y'Shtola, and don't be afraid to give some of your Entrusts to Aphmau, especially towards the end of the fight

If you go double healer, Deuce BSB is great for the extra ATK/MAG, I use it on a lot of my Magicite clears, even 4*.

I've got both those SBs, as well as Y'Shtola BSB, and almost never use Y'Shtola anymore. She's not as good as she once was. Instant cast heals or support effects attached to heals tends to be the way to go anymore.