Final Fantasy: Record Keeper - Mobile Gaming Cash Grab

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
trying the 5* Water magicites for the first time, my second element only, and first time attempting to deal with Rage using my Magicite's overflow attack. only thing that gives is, my level 99 Quetzalcoatl only breaks 10k against Famfrit at 200% chain and 5 stacks of imperil? that doesn't seem right, does it? what am i missing?

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
trying the 5* Water magicites for the first time, my second element only, and first time attempting to deal with Rage using my Magicite's overflow attack. only thing that gives is, my level 99 Quetzalcoatl only breaks 10k against Famfrit at 200% chain and 5 stacks of imperil? that doesn't seem right, does it? what am i missing?
Quetzcotlr is the magic esper, so it gets a 66% damage penalty when summoned on Famfrit. You need King Behemoth to break enrage since he's the physical summon. Quetzcotlr is for breaking Geosgaeno's rage.

You can long-press on espers to look at their summon effect. It says "deals physical damage" or "deals magical damage" on their tag.

Just for reference, it's always crossed for the next magicite on the wheel. The previous elements mage battle reward is for the next battle's physical rage breaking, etc.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Quetzcotlr is the magic esper, so it gets a 66% damage penalty when summoned on Famfrit. You need King Behemoth to break enrage since he's the physical summon. Quetzcotlr is for breaking Geosgaeno's rage.

ah duh. i figured the imperil on Quetz was better. makes sense, thanks man.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
and, got him down 4x already. managed to get a 35s clear even before i switched from Quetz to KB^

Tyro -- Flash Disaster + Entrust -- God Wall -- Dr. Mog's Teachings
Sora -- Stormspell Strike + Dispel -- Glint, USB, AOSB -- Spellblade Master
Kain -- Cyclone Bolt + Lightning Dive -- CSB + USB -- Ace Striker
King -- Tempest Strike + Spark Offering -- USB + imperil SSB -- Battleforged
Elarra -- Curada + Heathen Frolic Sarabande -- USB + BSB -- Mako Might

used Fabula Raider RW in lieu of a proper boost.

also did one clear with Raijin with his lightning radiant shield USB in place of King and it worked out alright, more or less even.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Vanessa

Uncle Tanya
<Banned>
I can't believe what happened last week... got a 5* boss down and consistently too. Was able to farm a lvl 99 copy.

I'm speaking from a position of weakness with this point of view but I really think dividing the magicites into phy/mag was a dirty, dirty ploy. When I struggled with 3* and 4* magicites, all it took to break the dam and clear EVERYTHING was one win. Not this time. Splitting up the tactics based on attack source is just cheap. I'm not upset about it, it just feels like no matter WHAT I do there will be some bosses I will probably never clear until much much later on due to lacking key things. ...and the thing is, the way this game is set up, it's luck of the draw what you receive (more or less). So to make high-end content only beatable by having a relatively dense spread of stuff that you have NO control over in the scheme of things is pretty wonky.

Remember Nightmares? They were doable with just time. Level up, hone abilities, get stronger, beat em with unique strats (depending on the encounter) and you win. 3* Magicites split that high-end further up into sub-categories (elemental damage). Then 4* Magicites pushed it further with elements + more unforgiving status ailments and such. Now 5* continues the pattern of division into phy/mag elementals and requiring OSBs to break enrage. It's just so damn SPECIFIC, y'know what I mean? It's like I forsee 7* magicites only being able to be beaten by having a Fire Rod Support Wizard AASB with Ruby Slippers. (click 3 times!)

They enrage like every other attack; it's pretty damn insane... like 5* magicites are some of the hardest bosses I've ever faced in any game I've EVER played. EVER. It's stupid, and I've been knocking away at this game for a looong time now. We all have. So we have the benefit of having a shitload of time collecting relics under our belts to tackle some of this stuff. How in the ever bleeding fook does a newbie come along into this game and have a go at the high end content? LoL it's crazy!

Guess this is the crux of GACHA games huh? The balance of high end content for both F2P peeps and whales alike. I can't imagine the razor-thin line they must walk to develop content that keeps retention for both of those type of players. Pretty ingenious stuff imo.

• 1Salty

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
It's kind of a mixed bag for me. On the one hand, the high end fights of this game are stupidly tuned where you need extremely specific things to win. On the other hand, this is one of the few games left on the planet that still has challenging content at the high end. So I love it and I hate it :)

Vanessa

Uncle Tanya
<Banned>
It's kind of a mixed bag for me. On the one hand, the high end fights of this game are stupidly tuned where you need extremely specific things to win. On the other hand, this is one of the few games left on the planet that still has challenging content at the high end. So I love it and I hate it :)
I've seen your vids and you do oh so well at it all too... you're at the top of your game Sinzar! /bow

This game is interesting too because a lot of the difficulty and intelligent strat execution is (in a way) mere team building. Like, in order to win, what do you all think is the ratio of execution during actual fights vs. devoting time to selecting the absolute clutch team / abilities / RMs / magicite decks etc? Think about it!

Chris

Potato del Grande
I've seen your vids and you do oh so well at it all too... you're at the top of your game Sinzar! /bow

This game is interesting too because a lot of the difficulty and intelligent strat execution is (in a way) mere team building. Like, in order to win, what do you all think is the ratio of execution during actual fights vs. devoting time to selecting the absolute clutch team / abilities / RMs / magicite decks etc? Think about it!
There's a lot of execution skill too on the 5* magicites. Usually when they break out a status effect or cast two fatal spells in a row in phase 3. That usually involves rebuffing or dispelling or healing at exactly the right time, which requires you to play well before that to have enough SB bars and even to memorize the AI script.

I do prefer games with lots of planning though.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
I can't believe what happened last week... got a 5* boss down and consistently too. Was able to farm a lvl 99 copy.

I'm speaking from a position of weakness with this point of view but I really think dividing the magicites into phy/mag was a dirty, dirty ploy. When I struggled with 3* and 4* magicites, all it took to break the dam and clear EVERYTHING was one win. Not this time. Splitting up the tactics based on attack source is just cheap. I'm not upset about it, it just feels like no matter WHAT I do there will be some bosses I will probably never clear until much much later on due to lacking key things. ...and the thing is, the way this game is set up, it's luck of the draw what you receive (more or less). So to make high-end content only beatable by having a relatively dense spread of stuff that you have NO control over in the scheme of things is pretty wonky.

Remember Nightmares? They were doable with just time. Level up, hone abilities, get stronger, beat em with unique strats (depending on the encounter) and you win. 3* Magicites split that high-end further up into sub-categories (elemental damage). Then 4* Magicites pushed it further with elements + more unforgiving status ailments and such. Now 5* continues the pattern of division into phy/mag elementals and requiring OSBs to break enrage. It's just so damn SPECIFIC, y'know what I mean? It's like I forsee 7* magicites only being able to be beaten by having a Fire Rod Support Wizard AASB with Ruby Slippers. (click 3 times!)

They enrage like every other attack; it's pretty damn insane... like 5* magicites are some of the hardest bosses I've ever faced in any game I've EVER played. EVER. It's stupid, and I've been knocking away at this game for a looong time now. We all have. So we have the benefit of having a shitload of time collecting relics under our belts to tackle some of this stuff. How in the ever bleeding fook does a newbie come along into this game and have a go at the high end content? LoL it's crazy!

Guess this is the crux of GACHA games huh? The balance of high end content for both F2P peeps and whales alike. I can't imagine the razor-thin line they must walk to develop content that keeps retention for both of those type of players. Pretty ingenious stuff imo.

Just making sure -- you're aware that a level 99 5* Magicite when summoned can break the damage cap and break rage mode that way? Most people don't rely on OSBs for 5* Magicites, instead they get one element down (often Thunder since Stone Press exists) and then go around the wheel from there.

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
Has anyone put in much work on Dark Odin yet? I made a few test pulls and got decimated pretty quick of course. I think maybe I have the tools for to win on fire weak or water weak Odin, but I'm probably going to wait until after festival draws in case new toys make it less of a headache.

Anyone get something nice from parade draws? My biggest win so far has been Vincent's chain. Here's my draws so far, along with one pull on the FF7 lucky:

0 -- seven lmr
tac -- mustadio bsb (dupe)
15 -- gladiolus lmr
14 -- papalymo asb, alphinaud bsb (dupe)
13 -- vanille lmr
12 -- penelo lmr
11 -- zeid bsb (dupe)
10 -- rikku lmr (dupe)
9 -- eiko glint
8 -- rinoa lmr
7 -- vincent chain
6 -- terra bsb2 (dupe)

ff7 lucky -- cloud usb2, barret lmr

Chris

Potato del Grande
Has anyone put in much work on Dark Odin yet? I made a few test pulls and got decimated pretty quick of course. I think maybe I have the tools for to win on fire weak or water weak Odin, but I'm probably going to wait until after festival draws in case new toys make it less of a headache.

Anyone get something nice from parade draws? My biggest win so far has been Vincent's chain. Here's my draws so far, along with one pull on the FF7 lucky:

0 -- seven lmr
15 -- gladiolus lmr
13 -- vanille lmr
12 -- penelo lmr
11 -- zeid bsb (dupe)
10 -- rikku lmr (dupe)
9 -- eiko glint
8 -- rinoa lmr
7 -- vincent chain
6 -- terra bsb2 (dupe)

Not got anything good on the last few, they may not be worth it anymore. Got Serah chain on the lucky draw though.

Had a look at Dark Odin, got wiped out on the wind weak version after the triple enrage. Not sure it's possible to break the enrage so many times with what I have. Waiting for some poverty clears to show up.

Closest I have is probably Dark with Cloud USB and Sephrioth Awakening (the only one I have). The chain is gen 1 though. I heard that imperil is needed too so maybe I can bring Nabaat for imperil.

Vanessa

Uncle Tanya
<Banned>
Just making sure -- you're aware that a level 99 5* Magicite when summoned can break the damage cap and break rage mode that way? Most people don't rely on OSBs for 5* Magicites, instead they get one element down (often Thunder since Stone Press exists) and then go around the wheel from there.
Yes LoL, and that's how it worked for me for a bunch of the 3* or 4* magis going around the wheel but not this time. The deets are: I took down Manticore a bunch and have a lvl 99 copy of it to use for Syldra. But I get waxed pretty easy by Syldra and it's frustrating (I have no Ice Chain). Are the 5* ones even doable without a chain?

Honestly Pharm, I'm good just taking down one 5*... didn't think that was possible, especially since I've been F2P for like, a year now (or so) and generally kinda bad at the game :p I love the game but you need a spreadsheet and PhD to *really* understand the finer details of this lil gem. That's the genius of it. It's simple enough for a kid to tinker with and enjoy and complex enough to get min/maxers to go on Reddit and make these gigantic posts filled with technical mumbo jumbo that make my eyes water reading it. It's pretty amazing how broad the spectrum is for challenge in this game.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I did a few parade draws today and got Tidus awakening from FFX. Obviously I'm thrilled, but it's a little annoying that I now have a dupe on the banner i was planning to chase Butts awakening on.

Chris

Potato del Grande
Yes LoL, and that's how it worked for me for a bunch of the 3* or 4* magis going around the wheel but not this time. The deets are: I took down Manticore a bunch and have a lvl 99 copy of it to use for Syldra. But I get waxed pretty easy by Syldra and it's frustrating (I have no Ice Chain). Are the 5* ones even doable without a chain?

Honestly Pharm, I'm good just taking down one 5*... didn't think that was possible, especially since I've been F2P for like, a year now (or so) and generally kinda bad at the game :p I love the game but you need a spreadsheet and PhD to *really* understand the finer details of this lil gem. That's the genius of it. It's simple enough for a kid to tinker with and enjoy and complex enough to get min/maxers to go on Reddit and make these gigantic posts filled with technical mumbo jumbo that make my eyes water reading it. It's pretty amazing how broad the spectrum is for challenge in this game.
You can do lots of them without a chain (I did both fire weak and the magic dark weak without), you need a max stack of imperils instead.

It's easier to do that with light/fire/ice/holy/dark weak because there are imperil abilities. However no way are you beating the ice weak bosses without a chain, or the holy weak one that dooms you.

Chris

Potato del Grande
Sinzar Sinzar what do you think of this:?
Seems like a fairly basic clear:
Zack CSB/BSB
Shelke
Cloud USB1/USB2
Bartz USB1/USB2
Ellara USB/BSB

Not much detail though so no idea what the magia levels are like, I can guess the RMs I think.

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
Sinzar Sinzar what do you think of this:?

Not much detail though so no idea what the magia levels are like, I can guess the RMs I think.

That was pretty damned close lol. You got the relics right except Bartz, which was using USB1, Wind BSB, OSB, ASB.

That clear was like right on the nose, the final AoE auto kill attack was about 1 second away when his Bartz landed the killing blow.

I can kind of copy his setup, except I don't have Cloud USB1 or Bartz ASB. I do have Bartz Awakening, but that run really was built around Cloud's USB1 constantly breaking savage mode, which I can't do. We should eventually get the renewal draw and I'm taking Cloud's USB1 + ASB combo as my selection absolutely.

I think Wind Weak is the only Odin that can be done without awakenings, and it's all because of Cloud USB1 (well I guess Dark could too with Cloud).

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Hadn't tried the Chain Lucky Draw yet

Screenshot_20190623-125236.png

• 1Like

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
Final results of my parade draws and the luckies that I pulled:

0 -- seven lmr
15 -- gladiolus lmr
13 -- vanille lmr
12 -- penelo lmr
11 -- zeid bsb (dupe)
10 -- rikku lmr (dupe)
9 -- eiko glint
8 -- rinoa lmr
7 -- vincent chain
6 -- terra bsb2 (dupe)
5 -- bartz bsb (dupe)
4 -- edge bsb (dupe)
3 -- onion glint
2 -- leon bsb
1 -- garland lmr

USB phys lucky -- laguna usb (dupe)
USB mag lucky -- onion usb3

Free 40 draw and the fest official banners start tomorrow. Good luck to everyone! I'll be pulling on B2.

Chris

Potato del Grande
I think I'm done with Realms on Parade and most Lucky Draws.

I've got no mithril to pull for Awakenings and I beat every 5* magicite a few weeks ago so I don't know what I expected to be getting from the draws that drained my mithril. I've made about 10 maxed out Artifacts since then so beating the magicites again with my current gear will be easier.

I basically got a bunch of dupes and sidegrades for characters I don't use. I was also shocked to discover that I'm somehow buying gems every month, so put parental controls on myself lol.

I got Celes CSB today which is great though, also got Serah CSB on the CSB lucky draw so happy with those, I'll keep pulling on CSB draws if they have them.

Already sold all my 5* base weapons without element boost, considering selling 5* armour now to max out a few more artifacts.

• 1Like