Final Fantasy: Record Keeper - Mobile Gaming Cash Grab

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
Made a spreadsheet to easily track this stuff. Based on what I already have honed, the orbs I already have in stock, dropping the r4 spellblades, bahamut, and dragoon jump, that leaves me needing:

Major orbs needed:

Power: 112
White: 27
Black: 9
Summon: none
Non-Elem: 4
Fire: none
Ice: 4
Lightning: none
Earth: 60
Wind: 87
Holy: 91
Dark: 61
A rather uneven list of requirements... those power orbs...

Maybe I should drop powerchain from the queue (or at least postpone it), since that one alone needs 70 power and 42 wind majors. Never done an orb event, so not too sure how many orbs I can reasonably expect to farm if I spend around ~20 mythril per phase on refreshes with 154 max stamina.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
I've got Power Chain and Full Charge both at R2 and don't use either one that often. I've got several good physical SSBs tho, and Powerchain strats are only marginally better than good old Lifesiphon + SSB spam.

I will second Angel in saying that R3 Full Break might be a luxury, but it is a very nice luxury.

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
Went into the new ultimate vs the 3 mages expecting to faceroll it like the last few ultimates, so I only took shellga and no wall or protect.

MISTAKE

They nuked me into oblivion in like two turns, multiple times even after a few reloads. Welp, 60 energy down the drain! Reformed the team's loadout to take them seriously this time, including crafting a r1 multibreak and slotting tyro onto the team to actually use it. Now to regen 60 energy...

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
I had to take two stabs at that fight as well. Died with only Waltz #2 left alive, with ~5% of his life bar left lol. Didn't realize the fight was going to go as long as it did, brought Exdeath w/ his Grand Cross SB and Momento Mori + Dark Zone... Doom timer killed him, and I was relying on Grand Cross for a lot of my mitigation. Once he dropped everything fell apart from there.

Even after retooling my team the fight was tougher than I expected. I would say the U is tougher than the U+ for this event.

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
Alright after reforming the team from glass cannon to applying 5 layers of mitigation on round one, I mastered both Black Waltz and Nova Dragon ultimates. Kinda wish I had at least one synergy weapon, but my FF9 synergy is zero. This should be the last ultimate for a while that I skip the cid mission. Next event is FF12, for which I have multiple relics and a team already leveled, then the next few are the same.

I'd agree that the waltz mages seemed harder than the nova dragon. It's probably more due to the fact there's three of them, so it's harder to keep them all fully debuffed for the whole encounter.

Dragon fight was awesome though. Cecil taunted like a pro, and the hundred counters the dragon does just fed Cecil tons of soulbreak gauge. I think Cecil did his bsb like 6 times on my kill. Certainly helped to mitigate the zero weapon synergy dps problem.

Healthfood

Golden Squire
Having Garnet's Divine Guardian and Beatrix's Ragnarok made these Ultimates very manageable... But without them I can imagine it being quite difficult. Didn't have a Medica but got lucky with him using a lot of physical, which Steiner soaked up like a boss (though in hindsight i shoulda just put it on Beatrix and ran Steiner more deeps focused).

Re: Sinzar that's a whole lot of hones! Brain dump:
1. Power / Charge - i'd focus on Thieve's Revenge and Saint Cross. The healing component for Thieve's Revenge is GROSSLY undervalued in reddit. I personally think it's the best of the 5* damage abilities - it may not hit as hard as SC + Holy boost, but the utility is better than all except Full Break.
1.1 That said get SC to R3 first, a lot more people can use it in all realms.
2. I'd swap out Valefor for Alexander. Holy is one of the elements that BLM can't hit but Summoners can, useful if you don't have the slot for Diaga and even if you do. that and the wind orb requirement for Valefor is restricting at this point in time, seeing all the other wind stuff you need to hone.
3. I'd go so far as to say deprioritize all the dragoon jump abilities. I've got R4 Leeching Leap which I've used once, and Blood of the Wyvern is not required TBH if you time your jumps, especially if you don't intend on making Dragoon Jump.
4. Agreed on R3 Full Break... you didn't know you needed it until you start using it. Multi break R2 is fine you should be able to kill 1-2 of the units by then.

On the bright side, the upcoming 5* abilities (in 1.5 months i believe) will not require power or wind, so you can slowly hone those abilities.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Angelwatch

Trakanon Raider
The Black Waltzes were much harder than the Nova Dragon. Multi Enemy fights tend to be that way especially as Ultimate bosses. For obvious reasons they actually get easier the longer the fight goes (it's much easier to only deal with one Waltz than it is to deal with all three) but it's a test of hones. If anyone hasn't done the fight yet, bring Carbuncle and a Group Heal and it's really easy. They still get in some physical hits but you'll negate about 80% of their damage with Reflect.

My IX synergy is phenomenal as far as weapons go. I don't have Haste but I have Eiko's Group Heal + Reraise and a ton of physical damage relics. I spent hard on previous IX banners chasing relics for Beatrix and ended up with a ton of other things. So these two fights weren't too bad for me as CMs. Beatrix with Ragnarok (8 hits + Magic Blink) was MVP for the Nova Dragon. I timed it so that she used the SSB to push the Dragon past the 50% mark. That put up Magic Blink which was immediately consumed by his Twister attack.

Chris

Potato del Grande
Annihilated U and U+, very easy fights.

Got Eikos haste heal so CM shouldn't be too bad.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
I love Orbfest.

Spending a ton of mythril on this first phase because I want to hone Bahamut. It would make a lot more sense strategically to hold off and spend refreshes on the Black/Power/Wind orb phase, but I want Bahamut dammit!

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
I may have had unrealistic expectations going into this. I used 5 mythril so far on refreshes (152 stam pool) and from those 5 mythril I got 12 major orbs (total, that's including greaters etc after conversions and not counting first completions).

Not entirely sure how good the value of ~2-3 majors per mythril compares to pulling for more relics. I had planned to do 20 mythril per phase, but now I'm thinking maybe only 5 or 10 per phase.

Angelwatch

Trakanon Raider
If you read the Reddit than your unrealistic expectations are understandable. They hype Orbfests to an extreme and the reality can't come close to living up to it. On average you can expect one Major Orb per 160 stamina. That's not a bad rate but the way Reddit makes things sound is that you'll be pulling Majors on every 20 stamina stage.

The real value of Orbfests is how it combines dailies into one very easy dungeon. My favorite part is the raw experience. It's getting a lot harder to keep all of my characters properly leveled since Sunday is really the only viable place for experience under normal circumstances. And keeping characters leveled is even more important today in the era of Cid's Missions. Prior you could rely on one well leveled and equipped A-Team to beat content but if CMs are part of your goals you need everyone to be well rounded.

Angelwatch

Trakanon Raider
Someone just data mined a Summer Lucky draw banner. Not much is known about it because the banner image doesn't have a lot of details. However it does state that any 5 star drawn will be a SSB or BSB. However what isn't known is when it will drop, how much it costs (25 or 50 Mythril) or if there is a guaranteed 5 star from pulling.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
12 mythril later, i got Bahamut to Rank 3. (was already at R2 before this fest). R3 is good enough for now, going to save the rest of my mythril for the Black/Power/Wind phase.

don't forget that Orbfest is also an excellent time to farm Record Materia.

Sinzar, you might be right that it makes more sense for you to save mythril for item pulls, since you're newer and don't have as many 5*s yet. especially with guaranteed 5*s around the corner. hardcore orbfest refreshing is more of something for the long time vets of the game.

Healthfood

Golden Squire
Hoping to R3 Bahamut myself... I've actually got the Summon Orbs ready, but am lacking of MNO. Think my main goal is to R3 Power Chain to go with Full Charge... May refresh a few more times as I need nearly 20 Power and Wind Orbs, will see how well the initial drop rates treat me.

Angelwatch

Trakanon Raider
Summer Lucky Draw is live! 25 Mythril but 5 stars are not guaranteed. I pulled 10 three stars and a single 5 star: Sephiroth's BSB! I'll take it!

Arakkis

N00b
This game is nostalgia overload for me. The original 2D Final Fantasy games are some of the best memories of my childhood. That said, I have only spent $0.99 on this game because there is literally no reason to spend actual money.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
Had to blow through 3 of the upgrade stages to get mithril for this!

11 pull netted me shadow's SSB (8 attacks + 2 physical avoidance) and Vivi's double-AOE darkness cast staff. I guess my mage team is coming together with Vivi, Rinoa, Edea, Garnet, Kefka, and Rydia all having SB/SSBs now.

Real question is who do I bring for Medica... Vanille, Aerith, Porom, Penelo, or Yuffie?

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
I only got 1 relic from the summer event, Braska's staff. Braska's a nice unit, but he doesn't upgrade to level 99 when that's released, so kinda bummed it wasn't for one of the relevant mages in the level 99 world like Terra, Ashe, etc.

Healthfood

Golden Squire
Lucked out and pulled Red Scorpion for Quistis! That's the 4th realm hastega alongside 7, 9 and 13. Woulda been nice a few days ago before the mote dungeon closed, but looks like I'll be good for when he comes back.

Ao - For Mage Meta of the list I'd probably pick Porom or Vanille (if hones are a bit low). Pure Physical team I'd probably see if I can fit Yuffie in and run shout.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
Lucked out and pulled Red Scorpion for Quistis! That's the 4th realm hastega alongside 7, 9 and 13. Woulda been nice a few days ago before the mote dungeon closed, but looks like I'll be good for when he comes back.

Ao - For Mage Meta of the list I'd probably pick Porom or Vanille (if hones are a bit low). Pure Physical team I'd probably see if I can fit Yuffie in and run shout.
I've got Aerith too. My medica list exploded: Porom, Vanille, Penelo, Yuffie, Aerith, Shared (cura). I've got a shared protectga SB relic too. Problem is building charges for any of those is terrible. Physical team runs aerith at the moment, along with Edea for Hastega.