Final Fantasy: Record Keeper - Mobile Gaming Cash Grab

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
Do you not need to master soul breaks and material anymore? Also what’s the best use of these upgrade blades that are overflowing out of my inventory?

Mostly just been tooting along casually and trying to get the mythril to finish up the last of the cheap realm draws. Managed to get 7/9 of these events for the most part so far while I get back into things. Probably could do better if I set up better, but been trying to remember who has what for good soul breaks, etc.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Do you not need to master soul breaks and material anymore? Also what’s the best use of these upgrade blades that are overflowing out of my inventory?
No. And convert those to Rainbow Shards/Crystals or whatever they're called (for upgrading Artifacts -- which, oh yeah, you might not be aware of that, check out the itemnexhcnage Artifact place :) )

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Mures

Blackwing Lair Raider
Its so hard to not do a fanboi pull for Shadow sync, but dark is already one of my best, if not best elements I have relics for. Did a pull on the first banner of the IV event as I have Decil awakening and Golbez's 2.0 chain, didn't get either sync, but I did get both of their glint2's so not unhappy with that.

After beating all the 5* magicite I've just been continuing to farm them to finish out my magicite decks and farming magia. I had only a handful of characters at 100 before the pandemic now I have at least 200 on all my awakening dps users, working on chain users now.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
So with not needing to master SBs or materia anymore, is there any reason to keep the weapons/armor that gave them? Have 600 inventory slots and a full 300 slot vault and I'm mostly just overwhelmed in trying to figure out how to clear all this shit out. Anyone have any tips for easily figuring out what shit is worth keeping and which shit I should chuck/convert (assuming everything just gets converted to rainbow crystals now?)?

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
So with not needing to master SBs or materia anymore, is there any reason to keep the weapons/armor that gave them? Have 600 inventory slots and a full 300 slot vault and I'm mostly just overwhelmed in trying to figure out how to clear all this shit out. Anyone have any tips for easily figuring out what shit is worth keeping and which shit I should chuck/convert (assuming everything just gets converted to rainbow crystals now?)?

You want some upgraded items for each realm, along with stuff that boosts + element, and of course your assortment of resist gear.

I used to hoard all the stuff and destroyed all armor & weapons under 5 stars. Haven't regretted it.

Clear your vault, set aside caster / melee sets of every realm for every element, destroy everything not in it.

Easy if you got a couple of days.

• 1Like

Chris

Potato del Grande
Sell anything without element damage boost, this will help you to upgrade your artifact weapons. Artifacts are just better than regular gear.

I got every artifact stone so I'm overflowing with elemental artifacts right now, I've even started buying realm artifacts for the dreambreaker dungeons.

When I'm doing a serious fight (6* Magicite or Dreambreaker) I'll use a full set of artifacts.

I'm keeping status/element resist stuff on armours just in case but I should probably get rid of all that too and just keep elemental boost armour.

• 1Like

Chris

Potato del Grande
Ramuh down finally, that's 4/8 down. Need to kill it 3 more times though.

Screenshot_20200701-154022_FFRK.jpg

Tyro used DVG, that was it.
Ellara used her USB1, Awakening and BSB.
Red XIII used his CSB, Awakening and USB.
Rydia used her bUSB and Awakening.
Rinoa used her bUSB, Sync and AOSB.

You must start the battle with Rydia and Rinoa en-Earthed via RM to avoid the first Staff of Oldum. After that Rinoa's Sync will keep you en-Earthed so you don't need to worry about it.

You need to clear Phase 1 before Paralyse and Earth Diffusion. I used one Titan and both Fabula Mage to help. Entrust Red XIII so he can cast his earth reflect USB and still have bars for Awakening and Chain in P2.

When Phase 2 starts, you immediately need to en-Earth Red XIII via Awakening and Rydia via bUSB. Rinoa will still have 2 stacks. Tyro needs max mind gear. Do all this and you avoid the start of P2 Paralyse/ Earth Diffusion.

Once Rydia casts her bUSB in P2, you can use her Awakening (it's one of those without en-element). Rinoa switches to bUSB DPS once her Sync is over. Recast Titan ASAP.

When P3 hits Rydia needs to recast bUSB for en-earth, so use the brave hit potentially even at lv2 since P2 is very fast. Red XIII can't recast en-earth so his Awakening is going to be mostly wasted.

At the end of the battle you should be able to cast the AOSB and two lv3 Brave hits for a nice killing blow.

There's no sap so regenga is really effective, healing is pretty flexible.

Rinoa, Rydia, Tyro and Ellara had full record boards. Also full Artifact weapons.

• 1Like

Angelwatch

Trakanon Raider
Been out of this thread for ages but I’ve just been plugging away doing my thing.

Banner 3 of this fest was Godly for me. I did 3 pulls and got Bartz and Sephiroth glint plus, Lenna USB and Awakening, Rem synch x2 and Bartz synch.

Those new toys let me catch up on a lot of content I was behind on. I finally beat Titan as my first 6 star magicite clear. I’m sure I could have beat him earlier but Bartz synch gave me the mental fortitude to finish the job. Apparently Rem synch was the grand prize of the banner and I can see why. I tried it out on the holy weak Omega and simply murdered it putting me at 6 of 8 elements killed (still have ice and dark weak). Decided to try holy weak Odin and murdered him too. That put me at 7 of 8 Odins dead with just dark weak left (not counting poison).

Chris

Potato del Grande
Somehow managed to one shot Shiva after Record Boarding Terra, 5/8 Magicite down!

Got it to 45% and thought I was out of steam, however I managed to wear her down. Phase 3 is a joke, nothing deadly happens in it, the battle is all about getting en-Fire at the start of Phase 2 and killing the ice walls quickly with an Awakening & AoE Ability combo.

I spent 30 seconds at the end of the battle with my chain user dead, no hones and just waiting for SB bar for OSBs and reflective shield damage.

Screenshot_20200702-182633_FFRK.jpg

Vivi AASB, USB, Glint, AASB, OSB
Terra AASB, bUSB, Glint, AASB, OSB
Rubicante USB2, Chain
Tyro DVG, Healing Grimore
Ellara AASB, USB, BSB

Rubicante USB has to be one of the most powerful in the game, it's en-fire, imperil fire and fire reflective shield. You usually never see imperil and boost element together.

• 1Like

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
Showing just how far behind I am, but I beat my first 220 with the Hades raid boss solo. Almost managed to get the 260 falsity Hades in the Forgery event, but kept falling apart around 20% or so. Been trying to get everyone’s record spheres taken care of, but somehow I’m completely out of wisdom spheres while still having hundreds of everything else. Is there a mote conversion system like there is for orbs? Tried looking for one but couldn’t find it in any of the menus.

• 1Like

Chris

Potato del Grande
Valefor seems easier than Shiva, Ayame with Frostfire and AASB can take out the P1 and P2 tornadoes solo.

I got 35% on my first try and only died because I lost Tyro to the giant nuke and couldn't counter Slow with Haste. Going to wait for magcite mission reset to get Squall's ability before clearing it.

Showing just how far behind I am, but I beat my first 220 with the Hades raid boss solo. Almost managed to get the 260 falsity Hades in the Forgery event, but kept falling apart around 20% or so. Been trying to get everyone’s record spheres taken care of, but somehow I’m completely out of wisdom spheres while still having hundreds of everything else. Is there a mote conversion system like there is for orbs? Tried looking for one but couldn’t find it in any of the menus.
No conversion for motes, 4* Vitality is a bottleneck and 5* Wisdom when you start out.

You can get loads of motes from the Cardia dungeons. There's a beginner level and there's rewards for a partial clear.

• 1Like

Chris

Potato del Grande
6/8, come on guys need more of you posting!

Screenshot_20200705-211026_FFRK.jpg

Ayame Glint, AASB, USB
Squall Glint, USB, AASB
Laguna Chain, Glint, USB
Tyro DVG, AASB, entrust Elarra
Ellara USB, AASB

Use 1 AASB to to clear Phase 1 and the flight sequence. Use the second AASB to clear Phase 2 and 3.

Frostfire and Renzokuken can take out the small tornadoes in one cast each and will clear the large tornadoes in time as long as one is under an AASB.

Check the AI to dispel buffs and recast haste. If you are slowed or Valefor is hasted you are fucked.

I used the Glints before AASBs and Squall had USB combined with AASB.

• 1Like

Rengak

Blackwing Lair Raider
I have been working a little bit on 6 stars. I have Valefor and Ramuh almost down. If I can get Ramuh down, then I can work my way around through Leviathan and Ifrit.

Angelwatch

Trakanon Raider
My second 6 star magicite down. It was sloppy as hell and I made a bunch of little mistakes but, in the end, he’s dead.

0DADE374-E3E2-4CC8-AECF-661633251FE7.jpeg

• 1Like

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
Can I come back and get close to current without spending a ton of money?

Angelwatch

Trakanon Raider
Aerith: Curada. USB2, Awakening, Glint plus
Seifer: Touch of Darkness. Chain and bsb
Sephiroth: Lifesiphon, Taboo Raid. Glint plus, usb1, awakening, usb2 and a near complete record board
Cloud: grand charge, darkness swing. Glint and dark awakening
Tyro: Wrath and entrust. Wall (regular not the usb version) and awakening.

The whole strategy is to just burst him down as fast as possible. I use regular wall so Tyro can entrust Sephiroth a bit earlier. Basically get nearly 4 bars of gauge on Sephiroth go glint plus, usb1, awakening and usb2 in that order. With the imperil and chain he will be hitting for 40 to 70k per Taboo Raid hit. Damage slows down a bit in p2 when Alexander buffs himself but goes right back up in p3.

You can’t ignore the pain gimmick but he should die fast enough that you only need to transfer it once. The execution, auto wipe, gimmick should be handled by Sephiroth pushing him into phase 2.