Final Fantasy: Record Keeper - Mobile Gaming Cash Grab

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Chris

Potato del Grande
Can I come back and get close to current without spending a ton of money?
There's a 100 mithril and get a Sync banner in a few days. I have 3 Syncs and it's the top tier item.

There's two endgame progression routes:
1) Magicite. 3* -> 4* -> 5* (separate physical and magic bosses) -> Odin (one for each element) -> 6*. Have two teams per element, one physical one magical.

2) Cardia: Dreams -> Torment -> Dreambreaker. Have one team per realm. There's brand new realm specific Magicite for these now.

Character Upgrade Routes are:
1) Crystal Waters which boost stats. Not tied to how good your gear is. Get them from Record Dungeons.
2) Motes -> 6* is a new level, some characters can unlock abilities only they can use. Newest resource so it's limited. Get it from Cardia.
3) 6* Abilities -> There are ALOT of these now. Buy them from the item exchange with rubies from Cardia.
4) Artifacts -> Get them from weekly events and upgrade by disenchating your items into rainbow crystals. Elemental Physical Daggers and Magical Rods are a good first step. Click the altar in the middle to switch between the realm and elemental menus.

Chris

Potato del Grande
Aerith: Curada. USB2, Awakening, Glint plus
Seifer: Touch of Darkness. Chain and bsb
Sephiroth: Lifesiphon, Taboo Raid. Glint plus, usb1, awakening, usb2 and a near complete record board
Cloud: grand charge, darkness swing. Glint and dark awakening
Tyro: Wrath and entrust. Wall (regular not the usb version) and awakening.

The whole strategy is to just burst him down as fast as possible. I use regular wall so Tyro can entrust Sephiroth a bit earlier. Basically get nearly 4 bars of gauge on Sephiroth go glint plus, usb1, awakening and usb2 in that order. With the imperil and chain he will be hitting for 40 to 70k per Taboo Raid hit. Damage slows down a bit in p2 when Alexander buffs himself but goes right back up in p3.

You can’t ignore the pain gimmick but he should die fast enough that you only need to transfer it once. The execution, auto wipe, gimmick should be handled by Sephiroth pushing him into phase 2.
I literally have all of that including Aerith Glint+ today from Lucky Draw. Awesome!

Chris

Potato del Grande
No use for the old items anymore?
USBs are still needed!

I forgot to say, Item Exchange has an shop you can buy USBs, Glints, OSBs and shitty Chains from. Currency is Anima Lenses which most things drop.

Buy Tyro's Divine Veil Grimiore.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
USBs are still needed!

I forgot to say, Item Exchange has an shop you can buy USBs, Glints, OSBs and shitty Chains from. Currency is Anima Lenses which most things drop.

Buy Tyro's Divine Veil Grimiore.
Bought that. Also pulled on the elemental banners.

Angelwatch

Trakanon Raider
Shiva down. Noctis awakening and synch combo is amazing. Locke handled imperil and did dps with his awakening. Gilgamesh was there with the chain.

Fight involved me stalling for 25 seconds and then timing everything to start going after the 28 second diffusion. I ignored all the walls and just brute forced her down.

D766A7E4-7C6B-46AF-AF4B-4075AC39BE58.jpeg

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Chris

Potato del Grande
Shiva down. Noctis awakening and synch combo is amazing. Locke handled imperil and did dps with his awakening. Gilgamesh was there with the chain.

Fight involved me stalling for 25 seconds and then timing everything to start going after the 28 second diffusion. I ignored all the walls and just brute forced her down.

View attachment 284671
Well done!

I have seen the wait strategy but it confuses me, I was able to beat P1 before the diffusion with just one Awakening?

Angelwatch

Trakanon Raider
A big part of stalling vs not stalling is how fast you can stack imperil. I had to use Locke for imperil and it takes him a long time to ramp up. A machinist like Balthier and Vincent can stack imperil really fast.

For me I’d spend a good 20 seconds getting SB gauge. Locke, himself, needed 5 bars just to imperil. 1 bar to glint, 4 bars to use two usbs. Then he’d need to build another bar to Awaken. By the point I got Locke up and running it was close enough to the 28 second diffusion that it was best to wait it out. This also let me chip away at her health so I could blow through P2 as fast as possible.

I finished farming 4. I tried going before diffusion and it just didn’t work. I’d run out of steam in p3. But stalling was consistent and easy for me. Now I just need to decide if I want a second, offensive, copy.

Angelwatch

Trakanon Raider
First kill and it was super close.

This was the magic weak version.

Elarra: Curada, Aleggro, Glint +, Awakening, USB with quick casts
Agrias: Healing Smite and imperil USB
Rem: Siphon Sphere (her HA) glint, usb manalchemy, awakening and Synch
Cecil: De’Dia, Glint, Awakening
Edward: Wrath and Entrust, Mind boost usb, chain
Mage RW

This fight is like most 6 star magicite. Stall in p1 to power up. Enter p2 fully powered up and burn him down as fast as possible. P3 is absolutely brutal though. I coordinated things so that two people were able to RW the rift immediately after starting. It also helped that Rem pushed p3 on her first cast and doesn’t lose damage due to changing phases on the follow up.

Cecil with stacked en holy and awakening was actually able to contribute meaningful damage and was even breaking rage with dual de’dia casts.

4 of 8 six star magicite down. (Or 4 16 if you count physical and magic as separate).

CD063229-3943-4D5F-BEC9-F689172C9452.jpeg

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Chris

Potato del Grande
First kill and it was super close.

This was the magic weak version.

Elarra: Curada, Aleggro, Glint +, Awakening, USB with quick casts
Agrias: Healing Smite and imperil USB
Rem: Siphon Sphere (her HA) glint, usb manalchemy, awakening and Synch
Cecil: De’Dia, Glint, Awakening
Edward: Wrath and Entrust, Mind boost usb, chain
Mage RW

This fight is like most 6 star magicite. Stall in p1 to power up. Enter p2 fully powered up and burn him down as fast as possible. P3 is absolutely brutal though. I coordinated things so that two people were able to RW the rift immediately after starting. It also helped that Rem pushed p3 on her first cast and doesn’t lose damage due to changing phases on the follow up.

Cecil with stacked en holy and awakening was actually able to contribute meaningful damage and was even breaking rage with dual de’dia casts.

4 of 8 six star magicite down. (Or 4 16 if you count physical and magic as separate).

View attachment 286762
My Holy team very quickly went from one of my strongest in both Dark Magicite and FFT Torment to being my weakest, not sure I can take this guy down any time soon!

I'm pumping all my mithril into Holy Banners from this point onwards.

Angelwatch

Trakanon Raider
The consensus seems to be that Diablos is “easy” with Rem or Orlandeau’s synch but very difficult without one or the other.

I still only have the one kill and I’m not rushing back for three more copies.

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
Finally downed my first 260 fight in the Josef event. Will give the FFII stroke of the brush a try while it’s still here to see how far I can get on it. Been nice to make progress on my difficulties!

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
There isn't a thread for it so I'll post it here... anybody check out Dragon Quest Stars? It looks like a Record Keeper type game with DQ characters.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Screenshot_20200925-113423_FFRK.jpg

Here's my party where I left off. Have some pretty good weapons, but I'm missing a few Legend Materia and my skill attacks seem pretty out of date. Surely there are much better things to equip than Banishing Blade.

I'm just chewing through all of the winnable (250 or lower) event fights and then I'll start catching up with story mode. I don't even think the Record Dungeons mode existed last time I played, either.

Chris

Potato del Grande
View attachment 305469
Here's my party where I left off. Have some pretty good weapons, but I'm missing a few Legend Materia and my skill attacks seem pretty out of date. Surely there are much better things to equip than Banishing Blade.

I'm just chewing through all of the winnable (250 or lower) event fights and then I'll start catching up with story mode. I don't even think the Record Dungeons mode existed last time I played, either.
Oh my, Orlandaux has Holy boost materia and a Ice/Wind Spellblade Ability.

Go to Cardia and do the Dreams dungeons for Rubies, spend Rubies at the item exchange for 6* Abilities.

There two for Holy Knights, you want the one with a heal attached to it. Then each character wants a copy of Assault Saber which is 5* Holy Knight, the festival will give you orbs.

You want to save a team for each realm and physical/magical element though.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Oh my, Orlandaux has Holy boost materia and a Ice/Wind Spellblade Ability.

Go to Cardia and do the Dreams dungeons for Rubies, spend Rubies at the item exchange for 6* Abilities.

There two for Holy Knights, you want the one with a heal attached to it. Then each character wants a copy of Assault Saber which is 5* Holy Knight, the festival will give you orbs.

You want to save a team for each realm and physical/magical element though.

So basically get 3x heal 6* / Assault Saber for Orlando, Pecil, and Agrias?

Enob

Golden Knight of the Realm
Don't neglect the auto-run feature. I came back a few weeks ago and didn't realize it was a thing until yesterday. It automates any non-story dungeon for fast repeatable farming. Definitely makes those weekly and monthly missions much less tedious.

Chris

Potato del Grande
So basically get 3x heal 6* / Assault Saber for Orlando, Pecil, and Agrias?
You can only have one of the 6* Healing Smite. So give the others one 5* Assault Saber each for a holy team to start with.

Later you'll pick up 6* Great Form and additional Assault Sabers to fill up the slots. Once you get Awakenings and Syncs, hones stop being a problem so you'll not really need two copies of Assault Saber on a character.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
You can only have one of the 6* Healing Smite. So give the others one 5* Assault Saber each for a holy team to start with.

Later you'll pick up 6* Great Form and additional Assault Sabers to fill up the slots. Once you get Awakenings and Syncs, hones stop being a problem so you'll not really need two copies of Assault Saber on a character.

Got 'em, awesome. Healing Smite + a few Assault Sabers, no Great Form yet. I also honed all of the Assault Sabers a bit and got Hastega. Been able to clear the 180 and 260 Dream fights pretty well, but get nowhere with the 350 fights so haven't bothered. Using all of the motes from these to power up my main crew to try and get missing Legend Materia.

Any suggestions for how to spend MAGA points? Have like 30 on everybody. I was spending them on Holy Atk + for attackers and Magic Def + for support characters. Just wondering if there's a particular "win button" for those like "put them all into Magic Def".

Chris

Potato del Grande
Got 'em, awesome. Healing Smite + a few Assault Sabers, no Great Form yet. I also honed all of the Assault Sabers a bit and got Hastega. Been able to clear the 180 and 260 Dream fights pretty well, but get nowhere with the 350 fights so haven't bothered. Using all of the motes from these to power up my main crew to try and get missing Legend Materia.

Any suggestions for how to spend MAGA points? Have like 30 on everybody. I was spending them on Holy Atk + for attackers and Magic Def + for support characters. Just wondering if there's a particular "win button" for those like "put them all into Magic Def".
For DPS dump them in Attack/Magic then their element.

For Healers dump them in HP then Mind.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user