Final Fantasy VII Remake

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
that trailer is so... disjointed? I know what's going on but yet I have no fucking idea what is going on.

Rude

Potato del Grande
Yeah I saw that video, I'm worried about that impact being lost if you have constant Sephrioth flashbacks and encounters in Midgar.

Fighting Shinra is enough antagonist for Midgar.
What are they supposed to do when they turned the first 10% of the original game into a standalone game. There was never enough content in the starting area to be a full game.

Chris

Potato del Grande
What are they supposed to do when they turned the first 10% of the original game into a standalone game. There was never enough content in the starting area to be a full game.
Fight Shinra in more Sectors.

Lunis

Blackwing Lair Raider
Cloud & Sephiroth's voices are extremely generic which is disappointing but not surprising. It's funny seeing the honeybee inn with modern visuals though.

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
Yea I couldn't stand the English trailer. I can't stand 99% of the dubbed anime I've seen either, so I guess it's not too surprising.

I miss the good ole days when you could just read the dialogue and story instead of every game trying to voice act every line cause even the stuff that isn't a dub just doesn't do it for me. I guess the best way I can explain it is RPGs used to feel like a story/book that you play and now they all feel like the mediocre movie versions.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
Silly written dialogue also comes across with far less cringe than when spoken aloud.

I know that this is not an issue whatsoever for some, especially those that are into Anime et al, but for people like me: That English dub is literally uncomfortable to listen to. Good VA can make up for stupid dialogue, but that VA is trash tier and makes the bad dialogue even worse.

• 3Like

Chris

Potato del Grande
Voice actors sound great, don't know what you guys are talking about.

• 1Seriously?
  • 1Picard
  • 1GreNeg

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Gotta be honest, haven't had an issue with the VA, either. But I could even stomach my way through X and it didn't bother me that much so maybe I'm very forgiving. I'm not expecting FF XIV's Emet-Selch's English VA level, either...although it's nice when you get one that good.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
After seeing all of the bickering about the voice actors I went ahead and watched the trailer. Seems mediocre but not so aggressively terrible that I'd rather listen to it in Japanese.

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
Part of the problem for me is the terrible sound mixing in the trailer, it makes the dub stand out too much. Should be better in-game with the scene mixing.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users