Final Fantasy VII Remake

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Oh yeah that’s what FF7 was missing, fucking MMO fetch quests. Fucking TERRIBLE.

Those summons art. Fucking TERRIBLE.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Pretty much every game has those now. Not exactly surprising

It is not surprising but it is disappointing. Minimal amounts are fine, they get you to explore artificially and see shit you may not if you don’t do them. As long as they aren’t a major focus like FFXV it will be fine but the fact that they have a UI pulled up with seven to choose from doesn’t give me much confidence that will be the case.

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
All I really wanted was a remake with modern graphics, some balance tweaks, story clarifications, and some expansion of the game either through side quests or adding a few portions into the main story. Instead we are going to get something that it seems no one will really like.

It’a funny that square had said in the past that they wouldn’t do a ff7 remake until they made something better. Apparently they consider ffxv better.

Square as a company has completely lost its way, at least with the final fantasy series. It sucks because like most of you, I grew up playing games like final fantasy and chrono trigger. Hell even the content they added to chrono trigger for the DS port was fucking awful.

Last edited:
  • 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
FF7 with Pixar Mastermind carbuncle and WoW quest hubs.

I want off this plane of existence.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Yeah still looks great to me. I'm sure I'll hate fetch quests at some point, although it it's about exploring more of Midgar I'm definitely in.

Malakriss

I thought all of Midgar took place in the under-city? Even the first mission
The opening video is literally the exact same as the original. From the Aeris scene with the Loveless sign to the zoom out with the Shinra building to the zoom in to show the train pulling up.

Also, why would you expect Shinra have important guarded trains go to the under-city rather than topside?

Chris

Potato del Grande
I thought all of Midgar took place in the under-city? Even the first mission
The reactor entrances are on the plate. You start the game in the upper Sector 1 Train Station and escape into upper Sector 8 were you neet Aeris and jump on the train. After the second bombing run, Cloud falls off the upper city plate into the slums.

Everything else is in the Sector 5, 6 and 7 under city slums.

When you return to Midgar later, it's all in the upper city.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

DrSpooge

Blackwing Lair Raider
Mmo quests in ff15 were the worst mmo quests ever, too, because there's never been a game with an expansive world that made movement within it as fucking tedious as ff15 did.

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
It's just a bad idea and it doesn't feel like the RPG style we are looking for with this one.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Malakriss

Sounds like a hunt mark system with extra filler cause Midgar can't be infested with dangerous creatures in every single corner.

k^M

Blackwing Lair Raider
I'd be fine with the quests if they were on the level of say Witcher 3 notice board quests, but they won't be.

This would be a good way to do it, or if you just happened to be playing through/farming and picked up 5 rat tails and someone wanted them, here you go. If it's drops you only get after you pickup a quest, or killing x things but only starts after accepting, fuck that noise.