Final Fantasy VII Remake

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
The episode info has been out for years at this point, if you're anyone who had any interest in this game and didn't watch the E3 demonstration where they confirm it as well, I have zero sympathy. Are there really going to be some mouth-breathers out there who buy this completely unaware of all the info that has been coming out over the last year plus and be like "I thought it was the whole game"?

Even if there are, they are fucking morons at this point.

The average idiot gamer who is looking forward to his FFVII remake is not looking beyond, "Oh a remake of that awesome game I played as a kid! And it looks great! Pre-Order!"

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
The average idiot gamer who is looking forward to his FFVII remake is not looking beyond, "Oh a remake of that awesome game I played as a kid! And it looks great! Pre-Order!"

Or paying 59.99 after playing Hitman 2 or Life is Strange or any other episodic up front paid for title looking for their part two a year or two from now wondering how to download it because they bought the “up front” version and they realized they got fucked.

Yes, caveat emptor. Unfortunately.

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm

Nah, not buying it. There's virtually zero chance they haven't looked up something about it in the 5 years since it was first announced. Maybe someone who never played the original and hasn't paid any attention to the overload of updates/news/trailers about it, but then decides to try it at some point. Even then I have doubts.

• 1Dislike
Reactions: 1 user

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Nah, not buying it. There's virtually zero chance they haven't looked up something about it in the 5 years since it was first announced. Maybe someone who never played the original and hasn't paid any attention to the overload of updates/news/trailers about it, but then decides to try it at some point. Even then I have doubts.

You highly overestimate the intelligence of the average gaming consumer.

I mean read the Amazon Q&A for some laughs. People are asking if the physical copy they are purchasing is a digital edition even though the product clearly states what it is. Others still do not understand they will have to pay more for the rest of the game and think it's traditional episodic content as we know it today - some think it may be the entire game, others are asking why they are paying full price for only a part of the game. It's all over the board. We still in this day and age represent a FRACTION of gamers who actually know their shit.

And that is exactly what SE hopes to get out of this as well.

Check out this gem of a QA:

"Will this remake include all episodes?"

A: No, I don't think so b/c from what I understand there will be additional episodes released thru PlayStation.

lol what

Here is a great one from Doom Eternal:

"If i pre-order it on ps4, will i get ps4 version of doom 64? i'd prefer a switch version. "

You think 90% of these people think anything other than "FF7 remake at $59.99" and look at Multi-Part saga still? :p

Last edited:
  • 1Solidarity

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Rickshaw Potatoes>
If this cost 60$ / an episode and had 5 high quality episodes, I'd be all over it.

I don't care about the price, I'm far more worried about the quality, and the release timing. This could be the GoT of gaming.

• 1Like

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
The reason people aren't looking into it is explicitly because the game is a remake. You'll just rely upon your knowledge of the original. Which is why this kind of game design is insidious. You see full price and think back to FFVII and you think what you're going to get is an updated FFVII... which you are.

But in 4 parts at full box price.

This isn't some Telltale point and click adventure shit for $20 a pop man.

It is completely accurate that if this sells buckets of games you can expect 2020-2030 to be full of remakes cut into pieces and sold at full box price for each one. Won't it be awesome?

• 1Like

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
The reason people aren't looking into it is explicitly because the game is a remake. You'll just rely upon your knowledge of the original. Which is why this kind of game design is insidious. You see full price and think back to FFVII and you think what you're going to get is an updated FFVII... which you are.

But in 4 parts at full box price.

This isn't some Telltale point and click adventure shit for $20 a pop man.

It is completely accurate that if this sells buckets of games you can expect 2020-2030 to be full of remakes cut into pieces and sold at full box price for each one. Won't it be awesome?

Shit not even remakes. Imagine this hitting main stream RPG's. And you know publishers would be all over this like fly on shit.

Merrith

You highly overestimate the intelligence of the average gaming consumer.

I mean read the Amazon Q&A for some laughs. People are asking if the physical copy they are purchasing is a digital edition even though the product clearly states what it is. Others still do not understand they will have to pay more for the rest of the game and think it's traditional episodic content as we know it today - some think it may be the entire game, others are asking why they are paying full price for only a part of the game. It's all over the board. We still in this day and age represent a FRACTION of gamers who actually know their shit.

And that is exactly what SE hopes to get out of this as well.

Check out this gem of a QA:

"Will this remake include all episodes?"

A: No, I don't think so b/c from what I understand there will be additional episodes released thru PlayStation.

lol what

Here is a great one from Doom Eternal:

"If i pre-order it on ps4, will i get ps4 version of doom 64? i'd prefer a switch version. "

You think 90% of these people think anything other than "FF7 remake at $59.99" and look at Multi-Part saga still? :p

While this is...pretty dumb, I still think 5 years of smacking everyone in the face with "episodic content" would be on another level of dumb to not realize it. There's always going to be those few special ones that are just outliers in anything, but I'd still find it pretty hard to believe.

• 1Like

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Rickshaw Potatoes>
FF7 was a masterpiece when it was released.

If the remake even comes close to the quality of the original in 2020, I have np paying for it.

I'll go for this in 4k please.

• 1Like

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
I'm fully aware that I might be throwing my money away on this one but I often buy JRPGs on hype. I'm just a complete JRPG whore. They are going to get my money on this one, and I'll eat crow if it sucks donkey balls.

With that said though, I do agree the average gamer is a fucking idiot. I don;'t think people on this forum realize how normal and smart we are.

• 4Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 5 users

Malakriss

The same people who see the worst franchise movies in theaters buy games. It will make money regardless of the quality.

• 1Like

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Just improve his Sword Tech shit to be something useful.
There's FF6 mod called Brave New World that reworks a ton of the mechanics of the game to make them less shit, stuff like Edgar tools in endgame, Cyan's Sword Tech, it makes Espers more limited for each character so you don't end up with everyone doing everything and obviously buff the bad espers, reworks monsters so you have less random encounters but they're more interesting, bosses have new strategies, reworked status effects, some of the story/translation and so on. It has multiple different version you can apply for different effects, looked pretty good. I downloaded it but haven't touched it, it's just something I figured maybe I'd do sometimes(like the FF9 AI-generated graphical improvements).

• 1Like

bigmark268

Vyemm Raider
We went to Blarney where everyone kissed a rock while laying upside down. That was a pretty cool castle :)

The people that work in that castle pee on the rock at night to laugh at tourists during the day lol. Not even kidding.

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users