Final Fantasy VII Remake

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
At the pace they’re going with this we’ll be lucky to be alive by the time those remakes come out

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Where did everyone pull their white knight hats out for square Enix of all publishers lately? You have a better chance of Bethesda releasing a bug free TES6 than SE not fucking this remake up and anything else that comes after it.

• 2Like
  • 1Salty
  • 1EyeRoll
Reactions: 3 users

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
Are there any threads you post in for a reason other than to shit on the game/company/players the thread is about?

• 1Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Are there any threads you post in for a reason other than to shit on the game/company/players the thread is about?

Plenty of them. How about you refute my statement with game launch product evidence that SE isn’t scum for the last 4 years? (The only time they turned a corner was with ff14, where credit is due because at the GDC it sounded like maybe they learned their lesson).

Remember I’m talking development quality, value, and post launch support. Not 3rd party publishing.

Last edited:
  • 1EyeRoll
Reactions: 1 user

Dioblaire

And now my Watch has ended...
<Donor>
Where did everyone pull their white knight hats out for square Enix of all publishers lately? You have a better chance of Bethesda releasing a bug free TES6 than SE not fucking this remake up and anything else that comes after it.

Who exactly is white knighting this game? Because some of us are hopeful it turns out great and will lead to other remakes that could be just as good?

And before you lump me into the squenix fanboy club, I haven't bought a FF game outside of 15 (which I really regret) since FF 9. Is it wrong to be hopeful of something?

Ut, we get it. You like to throw shit against the wall in the hopes you are right when you don't like something. And you enjoy shitting on things that others like that you don't. But in all honesty, I hope this turns out just like your prediction in the Doom 2016 thread.

Also, I for one like many other people on this board will wait until the game is released and reviews are out before it is bought. The last two games I pre-ordered were Spider-Man for PS4 and RDR 2. Which I wholly regret buying the RDR 2 game, because as great as it is, I fucking hate R* game controls.

• 3Solidarity
  • 1Like

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>

I don’t really see any white knighting in this thread and Gavinmad Gavinmad is even participating. Trust me I’d call it out, I invented the white knight medal on this board.

I do see some people welcoming the expansion of the universe and there’s nothing wrong with wanting that, even if you think SE is doing it for the wrong reasons. I am not a fan of the expanding and episodic method, at all, but I can understand why they and fans would want it.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Who exactly is white knighting this game? Because some of us are hopeful it turns out great and will lead to other remakes that could be just as good?

Read the last 10 pages.

And before you lump me into the squenix fanboy club, I haven't bought a FF game outside of 15 (which I really regret) since FF 9. Is it wrong to be hopeful of something?

Not at all buddy, but you are looking at it the correct way :)

Ut, we get it. You like to throw shit against the wall in the hopes you are right when you don't like something. And you enjoy shitting on things that others like that you don't. But in all honesty, I hope this turns out just like your prediction in the Doom 2016 thread.

No, I look at the publisher behind it. It isn't that I may or may not like the game, and in the case of Doom Eternal, the entire game is set up as one long grind to purchase MTX. Now in that thread, the designer may have come out and refuted that, but this is Bethesda who holds the cards here. And believe it or not, I hope I AM wrong on that one. TJT TJT and I even have a forum bet for that.

Hateyou Hateyou

I do see some people welcoming the expansion of the universe and there’s nothing wrong with wanting that, even if you think SE is doing it for the wrong reasons. I am not a fan of the expanding and episodic method, at all, but I can understand why they and fans would want it.

I do not mind episodic content. I don't mind it because I am not going to front load a publisher, but would wait until the entire game launches and buy it all on sale. I also know what I am getting with a solid plan of what is being released within that dollar amount if I * Did * happen to buy it up front. And traditional market is that this is $24.99 to $59.99 for the entirety of the episodic content.

What I am against, is FULL PRICE PER EPISODE episodic content where a game from 1997 is being remade into 3, 4, who the hell knows how many fragments because SE isn't being forthright with their plan. (If they even have one). And then cowering behind this "Oh hey there is over 40 hours of content. 10 of which you will actually give a shit about" and then it's down to 20. (Which is what I think we will see). Now the counter argument to this is "But.... BUT... Uncharted 4 was only 10-14 hours and you paid full price for that!"... Apples to oranges bullshit where this is 1) an RPG. 2) A remake of a game that lasted 60 hours on PS1. 3) Split purposely into segments to take advantage of a fan base. 4) No outlook on the product's future other than "We have plans". 5) Will literally cost over $239 to play through ONE REMAKE OF A GAME THAT IS 23 years old! and that is if they actually sell enough of the first episode to continue. What a joke.

Not to mention if this business model works in the RPG space, just how many publishers do you think are watching - looking to run away, or run towards it, as fast as they can. Imagine paying $59.99 for 5 parts of Skyrim. You don't think Todd Howard would be on this like a fly on shit if it worked without backlash? What does this do for the rest of the industry and it's consumers?

This isn't meant towards anyone on this forum. But it amazes me to this day how Liberalism despises corporations as greedy and intolerant - yet when the liberals control an industry (Gaming) it's ok for everyone to get poked in the ass with a fire stick because they just happen to run the show, and they also happen to be the most anti-consumer of them all.

Last edited:
  • 3Like
  • 1EyeRoll

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Plenty of them. How about you refute my statement with game launch product evidence that SE isn’t scum for the last 4 years? (The only time they turned a corner was with ff14, where credit is due because at the GDC it sounded like maybe they learned their lesson).

Remember I’m talking development quality, value, and post launch support. Not 3rd party publishing.

DQ11 was solid other than the stupid music contract shit that prevents them from using the good music in the game. Even with the bad music it was good. Octopath/FFXII Zodiac/DQ Builders 2 were also decent enough from what I heard, not great mind you but not horrible cashgrab shit. Overall looking at the recent releases, I'm not really seeing any big evidence that SE is scum. I don't really see them as godlike either though, not sure anyone does here, people are just excited about FFVII because it's FFVII.

It seems you have an axe to grind against the episodic/pricing structure on this based on your most recent post, which is fine, but people have different expectations of "value" when it comes to games and stuff like nostalgia will increase that a fair bit. Regardless though it still seems early to argue in good faith about the value or lack-of when the game hasn't been released or officially tested and the only insider info is dodgy at best.

Not saying people should preorder, god no that'd be retarded on this, but crucifixing the game because of its poor value due to its episodic content and full price seems a bit premature when you don't know(as in actually know, not infer) if there's indeed no value to it. Best wait a few days after release until people clear the game and see how long it takes and how much there is to do other than the main story and if it's worth it. And if it's not, well can always wait until the whole thing is released and buy the special edition or whatever they'll eventually make with all the episodes on the next gen platforms/PC. It's not like it's new stuff so waiting shouldn't be too much of an issue, at least I'm not in a hurry and will grab it on PC once it releases or when it's on sale, depending on feedback from the console version.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Yes get milked for your nostalgia shekels.

If you look at the Amazon page it goes out of its way to not tell you its an Episodic game. Just says, "multi-part saga." Really tells you all you need to know.

• 1Worf
  • 1Salty

Lenas

Trump's Staff
If you look at the Amazon page it goes out of its way to not tell you its an Episodic game. Just says, "multi-part saga." Really tells you all you need to know.
That both phrases mean the exact same thing and companies have been selling multi-part sagas across genres and mediums for decades?

• 2Like

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
It seems you have an axe to grind against the episodic/pricing structure on this based on your most recent post, which is fine, but people have different expectations of "value" when it comes to games and stuff like nostalgia will increase that a fair bit.

So not knowing "For sure" what is included in this episodic full price game multiplied by 4, it's still a remake of source material of a game from 1997 which is all they will cover. (With possibly additional side questing to pad time spent).

You are comfortable spending $239.96 for a complete FF7 remake? (If they stick to 4 "episodes" and purchasing each episode at full retail price?) Because the alternative is a FF7 remake with 60-70 hours of content done well and true to source material for $59.99 as it is every where else today in the market.

Remember, this is NOT a traditional episodic launch. This isn't selling a game for $59.99 while there are 5 released stages you get throughout the next 6 months to a year. This is $59.99 PER INSTALLMENT. Never done before. With limited information from a company who couldn't develop more than 50 hours of content in 10 years with FF15 yet somehow is going to come at you with 40+ in the first episode of FF7 in 4.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users