Final Fantasy VII Remake

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Has anyone timed the original game to beat the scorpion vs the new one? I know it won’t line up 100% with the entire game due to cutscenes and stuff. Just curious what the current ratio looks like.

Grim1

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Is this going to have all of the minigames? I hate to admit how much time I spent on that snowboard minigame.

bigmark268

Vyemm Raider
Is this going to have all of the minigames? I hate to admit how much time I spent on that snowboard minigame.

That snow boarding game was great. Golden saucer was so cool.

Another thing I thought about was hold long of a fight ruby weapon was. I couldn't imagine spamming square for an hour.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
That snow boarding game was great. Golden saucer was so cool.

Another thing I thought about was hold long of a fight ruby weapon was. I couldn't imagine spamming square for an hour.

Judging by how long the first boss fight took, Ruby will be 5 or 6 hours.

• 1Worf

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
We know literally the entire story. Anything added to extend that story is by definition filler. Don't put quotation marks around it and don't play word games about what it is. I'm okay with paying for it but I'm not delusional.

This assumes that they can make no meaningful additions to the story, which is silly imo. Although I wasn't only talking about main story additions when I was using "filler".

Chris

Potato del Grande
Yes!

Motorbike is confirmed and there's an extra segment between the reactor bombing runs.

Squats is confirmed.

Darts has been added.

Dunno if the barrels are in but there's extra Turks boss battles around that section I think.

• 1Like

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
We know literally the entire story. Anything added to extend that story is by definition filler. Don't put quotation marks around it and don't play word games about what it is. I'm okay with paying for it but I'm not delusional.
Pretty retarded take. Everything is filler then. They could cut the original to 5 minutes and only be removing filler since we know literally the entire story.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Anyone played ff7 on any of the modern consoles? I have PC, switch, and PS4. Which is the best to replay it on?

Tarisk

Pathetic Reaction Bot
Anyone played ff7 on any of the modern consoles? I have PC, switch, and PS4. Which is the best to replay it on?

Supposedly there's some mods etc that you can do to spice up the PC/steam version and it seems to run fine last I checked but it's been quite a few years now.

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Finally got around to playing the demo. I canceled my preorder. The combat is way too clunky, and wasn't fun for me at all. The classic mode is fucking retarded. Classic mode should be turn based. FU Square for ruining the remake for me.

• 4Like
  • 2Solidarity
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 7 users

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
Most of the hours spent on the original are spent farming. Actual "content" boiled down to significantly fewer hours. Action combat in a game that long is what gets incredibly tiring. Chronotrigger, Secret of Mana type games are the only ones that make action combat tolerable in a jrpg style game. It's what made FFXIII completely fucking obnoxious and unplayable. Turn based is acceptable because most battles are over quickly, and not insanely stressful. That's saved for the boss fights. If combat is anything like FFXV I will skip this game entirely and watch a quick play of it on YouTube.

I could see them making nearly every major text conversation into videos, which could extend the game quite a bit.

• 1Like

spronk

FPS noob
The original on switch is $8, i bought and played it. Its kinda funny how the demo, which takes about an hour, is less than 5 minutes in the original

• 1Like