Final Fantasy VII Remake

Grizzlebeard

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
1585752581522.png

It's showing that message on the UK Amazon site. Wonder if that will have a knock-on effect on game deliveries.

As this is S-E and they always seem to do everything in a dick-achingly dumb way are we certain they send a digital download code on launch day?

yimmien

Molten Core Raider
Pretty annoying but I preordered last year from Amazon when they had some coupon that brought it down to 39$ so I will just wait it out. They should have just started throwing preorders in the same box with other orders already being delivered to your house as soon as SE gave them stock. I am sure it is probably not that simple though.

CaughtCross

Vyemm Raider
Twitch started shutting down streamers playing the full game. Saw someone at wall market with 11 hours played.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Not surprising, they did the one thing Square posted everywhere not to do at the start of the week. Should've just been happy enough to play it before release date but internet is going to internet.

There's also a string of people trying to form petitions and demand they release 7 digital early + Trials of Mana early. Zero chance they even consider that before the release day patch for v1.1 are done for either.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
I actually liked the demo barring the mega cringe Barrett voice acting. Combat seemed better than 15 but I still wish they had just stuck with atb turn based. Biggest concern is if there’s enough real content to justify a full game price or not. And mmo style fetch quests are not content if that’s how they thought they were going to stretch midgar into a whole game

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Chris

Potato del Grande
My order is apparently in the warehouse, there's a chance I get it tomorrow! :cool:

• 1Like

Fadaar

That guy
Twitch shutting down streams sucks ass, i was hoping to see the whole game to determine whether or not i'd pre-order. Work just shut down for a week til the 8th which if the 10th launch date still holds true for digital doesn't help me any but if they move it up I'd like to know.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Twitch shutting down streams sucks Mario Speedwagon, i was hoping to see the whole game to determine whether or not i'd pre-order. Work just shut down for a week til the 8th which if the 10th launch date still holds true for digital doesn't help me any but if they move it up I'd like to know.
Impressions seem pretty good, combat aside(which you like or you don't but obviously it's not the original turn based ATB combat). Someone claimed it took them 50hours to clear the game completely(side content too), so doesn't seem too short either, probably ~35hours for the main story and 15hours of side content, which is a fair amount for a full price game.

Don't think they'll move up the release date though at least not the official one.

Merrith

Impressions seem pretty good, combat aside(which you like or you don't but obviously it's not the original turn based ATB combat). Someone claimed it took them 50hours to clear the game completely(side content too), so doesn't seem too short either, probably ~35hours for the main story and 15hours of side content, which is a fair amount for a full price game.

Don't think they'll move up the release date though at least not the official one.

I don't believe the 50 hours number. I was assured it would be much shorter.

• 2Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Chris

Potato del Grande
I don't believe the 50 hours number. I was assured it would be much shorter.
xjWmwad_d.jpg

Someone finished in 48 hours, don't know what the icons on each chapter are but a bunch of them are zero implying there's side content that wasn't completed.

I'm interested in what Chapter 13/14 is, probably Sector 5+6 sidequest areas.

11: Train Graveyard
12: Sector 7 Pillar
13: ??? Barret visits Marlene at Aeris' House is a whole chapter?
14: ??? Buying batteries from Wall Market is a whole chapter?
15: Climbing the walls is a whole chapter but we've seen that in trailers and Heli Gunner boss is moved there.

• 1Like

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
xjWmwad_d.jpg

Someone finished in 48 hours, don't know what the icons on each chapter are but a bunch of them are zero implying there's side content that wasn't completed.

15: Climbing the walls is a whole chapter but we've seen that in trailers and Heli Gunner boss is moved there.
fuck you chapter 14, i don't trust square!!!
d5bo3tf-d55af078-0217-43f6-85d7-d518aff98a13.png

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
Looking up various posts on forums statements seem to average on the game being around 40-50 hours on normal doing most side content. Find several people who (claim) to have completed it around 40+ and one who said 21 hours doing little side content (but never responded after having said so).

Hard mode is locked behind completing the game, but I can't find any information what that changes. If it is just HP/damage padding on enemies, or if additional enemies/bosses are added.

The way I play games, I usually can look at howlongtobeat and add +3-5 hours for every 10 hours the average states, so sounds like I will get a "full" game out of it. Watched a few hours streamed today and all it did was make me want to play it more. The music though... They are going to sell a lot of OSTs.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
xjWmwad_d.jpg

Music discs and manuscripts

Merrith

Well if those numbers are right, length wise I won't be concerned about me "not getting a full game" out of it. But opinions will probably vary on how much they feel is filler versus what actually works for the game.

• 1Like

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Well if those numbers are right, length wise I won't be concerned about me "not getting a full game" out of it. But opinions will probably vary on how much they feel is filler versus what actually works for the game.
As long as it's not ff13 endgame filler

Chris

Potato del Grande
One thing I saw on twitch is that the Sector 6 ruined highway you pass by with Aeris on the way to Sector 7 is two screens in the original, in the remake they took one art asset from the original (giant robot hand) and made it into a minigame where you need to move several of them to progress.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
You guys are fucking dumb, Ut already told us this game was 20hr max

• 5Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 5 users