<Prior Amod>
square has to release this game NOW b/4 ppl begin their 6th rewatch of LOTR

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Just play it on your phone

For FF7 I'd say PC since there are some pretty good graphics mods out there. Speaking of phones though, I was trying to find an affordably-priced copy of Dragon Quest V or VI for the DS and couldn't find one anywhere ($80+). Then I discovered that there are phone ports of the DS version of both games with higher-res graphics for $15 a pop. Not sure why anybody would buy the DS versions now.

Back on topic, what are the odds Gamestop stores are even open on April 10th to pick this up? Seriously considering cancelling my GS preorders (this, Doom, RE3 at this point) and just ordering all of them on Amazon instead.

bigmark268

Vyemm Raider
Finally got around to playing the demo. I canceled my preorder. The combat is way too clunky, and wasn't fun for me at all. The classic mode is fucking retarded. Classic mode should be turn based. FU Square for ruining the remake for me.
100% agree

I also hope that somehow someone mods it on pc to make actual turn based combat

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
For FF7 I'd say PC since there are some pretty good graphics mods out there. Speaking of phones though, I was trying to find an affordably-priced copy of Dragon Quest V or VI for the DS and couldn't find one anywhere ($80+). Then I discovered that there are phone ports of the DS version of both games with higher-res graphics for $15 a pop. Not sure why anybody would buy the DS versions now.

Back on topic, what are the odds Gamestop stores are even open on April 10th to pick this up? Seriously considering cancelling my GS preorders (this, Doom, RE3 at this point) and just ordering all of them on Amazon instead.
amazon might stop all deliveries by then

bigmark268

Vyemm Raider
I'll guess like a solid 1 to 3 month delay on physical copies. I can only hope they take the time to do more work on it. I also hope they get such a bash lash on the combat they patch in a turn based combat

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Something i noticed while directing people to go digital is the pre-order page lists "Play on 04/10/2020 12am Eastern Time" rather than pacific. That is going to mess with so many people if that's true.

CaughtCross

Vyemm Raider
Square shipped the game early in some markets so there should be a bunch of info about how long the game actually is before the North American release.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Stave

Potato del Grande
Trials of Mana is a middle of the road Dragon Quest-y level remake. While I don't mind the style change going from SNES to that I think more people would prefer FF6 gets either the FF7 treatment or goes the Octopath 2.5D path rather than doing an anime 3D type.

Or to put it broadly, Breath of the Wild style has no place in the FF universe.
I would love for FF6 to get a remake similar to the FF4 DS/mobile remake, with 3d models and world but still in a 2d plane.

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Square shipped the game early in some markets so there should be a bunch of info about how long the game actually is before the North American release.

Man, really curious how long it takes some of the physical models to get to certain areas to realize how much the shipping chain has broken down amidst all this.

CaughtCross

Vyemm Raider

Watching this guy stream the full game. Really looks like ff15 with an ff7 skin on top of it

• 2Like
  • 1Barf
Reactions: 2 users

Droigan

Trakanon Raider

Playing it now as well. About 3 hours into it.

As he correctly states. Square is mindboggingly stupid regarding this.

They are sending out physical copies to stores, and telling the stores that they can sell them now, giving people the choice "go outside, break quarantine and get FF 7 now, or wait 10 days to get it digitally". Rather should have said they are holding back physical copies and give people who have the physical copies pre-ordered a digital code, then just release the game world wide digitally now.

Though, I guess the April release date now is tied to sales for the new fiscal year, isn't that April 6th?

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
anyone that used amazon pre order
b0afd62451642a561a1d5c6608f0ea00.png

Malkav

French Madman
At this point it would have just been good PR to release the digital version early too. Wouldn't have been a loss for SE.

Chris

Potato del Grande
Just preordered with shopto in the UK.

There's rumours on reddit that they are shipping from today and people are saying that it's moved from pre-order to order on their accounts.