Final Fantasy VII Remake

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
Given that companies are remastering everything under the sun these days, why won't we get a DQ8 remaster on consoles? I'd like Crisis Core too, would have been a perfect time to do it with FF7R on the way.

DQ State side is literally a "blip on the radar" compared to what it does in Japan..

The first time they ever got voice acted scenes was with the 3DS version of 8, original DQXI release in Japan had 0 voice acting(For both PS4/3DS versions), you could even buy a package deal in Japan that included a model of the Sword of Light from XI and also both PS4 and 3DS version.

Another remaster that will be a must play - Xenoblade Chronicles 1 for Switch.

Still waiting on hearing something about Prime 4 ... Haven't bought one don't think I will for awhile.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Day 1 patch: doesn't update textures but makes Honey Bee scene twice as long.

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

tower

Golden Knight of the Realm
Fucking time jannies, man

Who knew there was a company more incompetent that current day Blizzard

• 1EyeRoll
  • 1WTF
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 3 users

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Might honestly wait till this whole thing is out cuz I don't know if I will be able to handle the blue ball of finishing this part and having to wait.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
Guess the quality of the next parts isn't very important, it will probably decline with each part. People will want to finish it regardless.

Bit like GoT, everyone knew the quality was declining and the end could only be a shitshow, yet literally every watcher completed the series.

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Ending was great, they rushed it (likely cuz mad). Cast was supremely butt hurt. No surprise.

• 2Dislike
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
GoT cast was butt hurt big time, it came out in the show in the last season. Still worfin.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Might honestly wait till this whole thing is out cuz I don't know if I will be able to handle the blue ball of finishing this part and having to wait.
What's lame is this is gonna spread across two consoles. So you'll want to wait for all 3 to come out and then the final remaster collection on ps6

Utnayan

F16 patrolling Rajaah until he plays DS3
<Gold Donor>

Hell that is what I would do. Then go ahead and get the "Definitive" edition for $59 bucks for every episode included in the package.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Part 2 won't take til 2025. Part 3 will though. Depends on whether they need more dev time for remake original plot lines or still mostly follow the vanilla game.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
You guys think Utnayan Utnayan jimmies are rustled now wait until they start working on and releasing DLC for $ while still developing parts 2-5.

• 6Worf
  • 2Truth!
Reactions: 7 users

k^M

Blackwing Lair Raider
You guys think Utnayan Utnayan jimmies are rustled now wait until they start working on and releasing DLC for $ while still developing parts 2-5.
That would be the epically worst idea of all time for a game company, I think. Even if Disc 2 stops at the golden saucer, if they start popping out DLC minigames that's still epic horse shit

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I'm going to apply for a job at square now so when the definitive edition is released on PS6, I can put in that one low res texture and finally make Ut stroke out.

• 5Worf
  • 2Like
Reactions: 6 users

Utnayan

F16 patrolling Rajaah until he plays DS3
<Gold Donor>

Don't put it past them. Right now about 67,023 people have about 6 pounds of Butterfinger bars.

Zaide

TLP Idealist
I wonder where part 2 will end plot wise. Especially since after Midgar the original becomes much more open.

Chris

Potato del Grande
I wonder where part 2 will end plot wise. Especially since after Midgar the original becomes much more open.
My guess would be:

1: Kalm and the wasteland area around Midgar.
2: Nibelheim Flashback.
3: Midgar Zolom Swamp and Mithril Mines.
4: Fort Condor and area around it.
5: Junon and Cargo Ship.
6: Costa Del Sol and Mt Corel
7: Corel, Corel Prison and Chocobo Races
8: Gongaga and area around it.
9: Cosmo Canyon and area around it.
10: Nibelheim, Mt Nibel, Rocket Town
11: Wutai
12: Gold Saucer, Battle Arena, The Date and Minigames
13: Temple of the Ancients
14: Bone Village and Sleeping Forest
15: City of the Ancients (Aerith lives)
16: Coral Valley, area around Icicle and Icicle
17: Snowboarding and Great Glacier
18: Gaia's Cliff
19: Whirlwind Maze (Aerith dies)

Faking out Aerith's death would lead to an epic moment deflecting Sephrioth's blade, another battle with the Watchers of Fate if they are still around and have you not lose a party member before the end of the game. Then you crush everyone's hearts all over again.

Last edited:
  • 2Like
  • 1Dislike
Reactions: 2 users