Final Fantasy VII Remake

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Its funny watching Maximilian as he plays this, its like seeing someone who is experiencing a dream come true for them.

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
Downloading this on my PS4 Pro, I'm realizing just how much fucking faster this shit is than anything I've downloaded on my XBOX ONE X. Like 10 minutes and 80% of 85GB is insane. Much better Wi-Fi receiver.

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
Guess the quality of the next parts isn't very important, it will probably decline with each part. People will want to finish it regardless.

Bit like GoT, everyone knew the quality was declining and the end could only be a shitshow, yet literally every watcher completed the series.
I've never seen season 8. There was a season 8?

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Like 2 hours in. Loving the combat, game looks amazing. Definitely little stuff you pick up with the combat as you go, which enemies you can just finish off with power moves and which you need to do more stuff with stagger gauge. You aren't short of materia to use, either, tough to know what is best early on.

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
OK what the fuck. This freaked me out. Finished the first reactor and it popped up this. Then back to the title screen. Fortunately had the wherewithal the click continue. Apparently there's even more shit to download.

20200410_030402.jpg

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
The combat is taking the ATB gauge and making it manic with a monstrous dose of adderol. There's just shit happening everywhere. Am I supposed to dodge? Good luck. Read tiny ass ability bars? Good luck. Just mash shit? Oh, hell that actually works. Maybe I should have selected Classic? Either way, even the 20 minute timer was offensively long. You get out of there in like 3-4 minutes.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Lenas

Trump's Staff
OK what the fuck. This freaked me out. Finished the first reactor and it popped up this. Then back to the title screen. Fortunately had the wherewithal the click continue. Apparently there's even more shit to download.

View attachment 261503
PS4 has had the ability to play games before you have them completely downloaded or installed since day fucking one bro.

Chris

Potato del Grande
Tip for you guys:

Eventually you have access to four party members plus Red XIII as guest but you can only have three in your team.

The way the game handles this is NOT letting you choose who to use, it's designing the end of the game around having two parties of 2 one of which has Red XIII helping. The final boss even appears to just give you 3 members at random as I've seen clips online of people doing the last boss with a different party.

You'll want to move materia from one party to the other but this is a huge hassle as first you switch between the two parties frequently, then there's bosses where you switch within battle.

Therefore level up two Cure materia, one for each party, and think about how you'll equip all four characters as you approach Shinra Building. Each one having a different element materia is a good idea, as some battles are kinda ranged/magic only or have physical immune phases.

Cloud should always be your tank though as he has several 1 v 1 battles and Block/Counter Attack is important. Fire, Barrier and Haste on him all be helpful. Steadfast Block is the most important materia for Cloud's playstyle, I wouldn't have finished the game without it. Items are viable for healing in Cloud's 1 v 1s.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Chris

Potato del Grande
Just had a thought, Hard Mode and Collesium you can't use items so giving everyone Cure and Revive could be a good idea if you wanna plan ahead.

I was constantly using Phoenix Down and Potions.

I don't know about Hard mode but I didn't really find status effects to be that big of a deal so I hardly used Esuna. There's also ways to resist status effects via equipping materia and accessories.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
4:57 AM - "Out for delivery in town"
7:08 AM - no further updates yet

I'm pacing back and forth like Cartman waiting for the Okama Gamesphere right now

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
PS4 has had the ability to play games before you have them completely downloaded or installed since day fucking one bro.

I knew that but I’ve never seen one that was so big I was able to catch up with the download. Maybe that dude has slow internet, idk but that would have been a first for me too, and I’ve had ps4 for six years.

Zaide

TLP Idealist
The pre load for this game was like 13.7gb, I believe it downloads the rest on actual release. So he probably finished the intro which accounted for the initial 13gb download (also why it seemed so fast to DL lol) and now he is looking at the remainder of the 80 gigs he’s been downloading in the background.

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
Just started playing and still in the part covered by the demo so far. A bit more info in the final version with respect to controls and abilities etc and an additional cutscene I dont recall from the demo.

I did get a kick when, after a fight, Barret went 'dun-da-da dun dun dun-ta-dun' aka the old end of battle tune.

(as an aside Barret looks significantly less black in this HD remake... fucker has lighter skin than most irish construction workers)