Final Fantasy VII Remake

Xexx

Vyemm Raider

After watching this i realize i played the game all wrong not setting up ability shortcuts :D

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Due Recompense is the remix of the original Wallmarket theme. You get that theme after you encounter the 3 bandits on the way to Wallmarket.

Before that part, the music is Collapsed Expressway. Spoilering so the page isnt filled up with Youtube links lol

Nah its not this, you have to leave wallmarket like youre heading to another sector, along the rude a particular tune plays.

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm

After watching this i realize i played the game all wrong not setting up ability shortcuts :D

Most of the countering with Cloud I knew, but that shit with Tifa is insane. Watching that guy play versus what I imagine everyone complaining about the combat system probably does is straight up laughable.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

bigmark268

Vyemm Raider
I'm about halfway through and still not enjoying tje fights in the least. So far it's just mash attack, switch chars only to have to mash attack again to be able to do the one thing I want from it. The AI is trash and uncontrolable. Unless I'm missing where to set them to be defensive or aggresive. Or where I can tell them to burn mp or conserve it.

• 1Truth!

Zaide

TLP Idealist
I'm about halfway through and still not enjoying tje fights in the least. So far it's just mash attack, switch chars only to have to mash attack again to be able to do the one thing I want from it. The AI is trash and uncontrolable. Unless I'm missing where to set them to be defensive or aggresive. Or where I can tell them to burn mp or conserve it.

Don't spend another 20 hours doing something you don't enjoy.

• 1Like

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Don't spend another 20 hours doing something you don't enjoy.

Inclined to agree, after i get a bit better on combat im going to put it on hard and try to max everyone. I personally think they nailed combat since ppl hated FF15 combat and i am 10 years over traditional turn based combat, to me it was a happy medium. However you need to remember the basic attack spam does the least amount of damage and is only really there to built up ATB faster.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Zaide

TLP Idealist
Inclined to agree, after i get a bit better on combat im going to put it on hard and try to max everyone. I personally think they nailed combat since ppl hated FF15 combat and i am 10 years over traditional turn based combat, to me it was a happy medium. However you need to remember the basic attack spam does the least amount of damage and is only really there to built up ATB faster.

I don't really understand the attack spam criticism here when you could walk through FF7 trivially by pressing one button in every combat scenario. I guess if you wanted to watch a lot of cutscenes during combat you could slot in Knights of the Round and Mime on one other character so you have to press down on the D-Pad once before resuming your one button press for every battle.

• 1Like

Chris

Potato del Grande
Max was also part of the Dropped Frames - FF7 remake edition yesterday on Itmejps channel along with Strippin and Cohhcarnage. In it, Strippin read the short stories that were made to give extra information about the jump from FF7 to Advent Children. (Need to be a sub to watch his Vods, it'll be on youtube this week). The parts he read were from the stories of "lifestream black and Lifestream white"

Jist of it was
- Sepiroth is cellular and in the lifestream. As long as he exists in a memory, he can live forever and be reborn. Cloud is his anchor. As long as Cloud persists, Sepiroth can be reborn.

- He had forgotten how he looked, so he created himself as three versions (the three from Advent Children. These are the three aberrations you fight in the end of FF7R. The Harbinger is basically Jenova from a future it has total control of fate, but in a future Sepiroth "loses". )

- Aerith has the ability to enter and leave the Lifestream the same as Sepiroth. She knows something is in the lifestream that doesn't want to join it, and is basically corrupting other entities in it with anger/hate making them unable to join the stream. It is the entity that killed her. She contacts other ancients in the stream and while she is able to put a few souls to rest, she is afraid to look at what is causing it. However, she tries once and is chased off, but sees it's intent and Cloud is a part of it.

So, Sepiroth knows what the future is, so he now wants to change it. He guides the party towards the conclusion where they destroy the fate of the future where Sepiroth loses. Theory behind the flashbacks you get when fighting the Harbinger is then that Sepiroth is pushing you towards killing it as he wants you to end a future where he loses. You are being manipulated. You are not fighting Sepiroth from the "original", you are fighting Sepiroth from Advent Children.

Once you kill "fate", it is no longer set in stone that Sepiroth will lose. The end of FF7 was a "bad" ending so to speak. Red hints at that in the remake as well, and the developers have previously stated that the future you see Red running in is a place devoid of humans. They all died.

So the theory they got now is that the timeline for the original is broken. You will still do the "original" content, but with the possibility to now face a change in ending, perhaps through choice. Because to get the "good" ending, to actually end Sepiroth, it's not Aerith that needs to die. It is Cloud.

5a0f5d7c3dbef482008b6df6
Interesting stuff.

Reminds me of FFX, you think Yuna has to die because of her special abilities but it's actually Tidus who you thought was a random guy from the far past, who must die, because he's a symptom of the crisis facing the planet.

However the translated thing is just the Advent Children backstory, while it does seem relevant it doesn't explain the apparent time travel going on.

Last edited:

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Max was also part of the Dropped Frames - FF7 remake edition yesterday on Itmejps channel along with Strippin and Cohhcarnage. In it, Strippin read the short stories that were made to give extra information about the jump from FF7 to Advent Children. (Need to be a sub to watch his Vods, it'll be on youtube this week). The parts he read were from the stories of "lifestream black and Lifestream white"

Jist of it was
- Sepiroth is cellular and in the lifestream. As long as he exists in a memory, he can live forever and be reborn. Cloud is his anchor. As long as Cloud persists, Sepiroth can be reborn.

- He had forgotten how he looked, so he created himself as three versions (the three from Advent Children. These are the three aberrations you fight in the end of FF7R. The Harbinger is basically Jenova from a future it has total control of fate, but in a future Sepiroth "loses". )

- Aerith has the ability to enter and leave the Lifestream the same as Sepiroth. She knows something is in the lifestream that doesn't want to join it, and is basically corrupting other entities in it with anger/hate making them unable to join the stream. It is the entity that killed her. She contacts other ancients in the stream and while she is able to put a few souls to rest, she is afraid to look at what is causing it. However, she tries once and is chased off, but sees it's intent and Cloud is a part of it.

So, Sepiroth knows what the future is, so he now wants to change it. He guides the party towards the conclusion where they destroy the fate of the future where Sepiroth loses. Theory behind the flashbacks you get when fighting the Harbinger is then that Sepiroth is pushing you towards killing it as he wants you to end a future where he loses. You are being manipulated. You are not fighting Sepiroth from the "original", you are fighting Sepiroth from Advent Children.

Once you kill "fate", it is no longer set in stone that Sepiroth will lose. The end of FF7 was a "bad" ending so to speak. Red hints at that in the remake as well, and the developers have previously stated that the future you see Red running in is a place devoid of humans. They all died.

So the theory they got now is that the timeline for the original is broken. You will still do the "original" content, but with the possibility to now face a change in ending, perhaps through choice. Because to get the "good" ending, to actually end Sepiroth, it's not Aerith that needs to die. It is Cloud.

5a0f5d7c3dbef482008b6df6

so cloud is a horcrux?

Siliconemelons

so cloud is a horcrux?

No Cloud is one of the last living people that still has Jhenovah cells in him... after Advent Children apparently...and after /whatever/ happens to Genesis, we can mostly assume sqeeniz forgot about him... was Red injected with jhenovah or just mako?

Merrith

No Cloud is one of the last living people that still has Jhenovah cells in him... after Advent Children apparently...and after /whatever/ happens to Genesis, we can mostly assume sqeeniz forgot about him... was Red injected with jhenovah or just mako?

Considering G series was mentioned already in this part, it's possible they haven't forgotten about Genesis.

• 1Truth!

Cybsled

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I watched the Dropped Frames with JP, Strippin, Cohh, Max and a lot of their theories make sense. The strong Advent Children tie in makes massive sense and the idea of everyone being Jebaited into doing something makes sense.

I think Zach is going to factor in as well. During the stream, they hinted that Zach living in an alternate timeline may have been Sephiroth's goal all along and the characters have no idea about that change. I also think that might factor into the solution: Zach ends up sacrificing himself so Cloud can live

• 1Like

Fadaar

That guy
I watched the Dropped Frames with JP, Strippin, Cohh, Max and a lot of their theories make sense. The strong Advent Children tie in makes massive sense and the idea of everyone being Jebaited into doing something makes sense.

I think Zach is going to factor in as well. During the stream, they hinted that Zach living in an alternate timeline may have been Sephiroth's goal all along and the characters have no idea about that change. I also think that might factor into the solution: Zach ends up sacrificing himself so Cloud can live

fairly certain Aerith is at least aware, unless the end of part 1 was just a decoy

• 1Like

Utnayan

F16 patrolling Rajaah until he plays DS3
<Gold Donor>
Gamefly just shipped :p Noodleface Noodleface maybe I should stream this and rip the crap out of it while sucking down a cocktail.

On a side note Nioh 2 also just shipped so I bet that gets way more time.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I haven't even playing it. I got bored walking down the path and doing dumb quests for little kids

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
So to understand this game you need to watch advent children and read some short stories? Is that what I’m reading here?

I really wasn’t a fan of that approach with Kingsglaive even though it wasn’t a bad movie. A friend of mine picked up FF15 and was confused on what was going on. He had no idea about kingsglaive even existing.

• 1Like

Merrith

So to understand this game you need to watch advent children and read some short stories? Is that what I’m reading here?

I really wasn’t a fan of that approach with Kingsglaive even though it wasn’t a bad movie. A friend of mine picked up FF15 and was confused on what was going on. He had no idea about kingsglaive even existing.

I don't know if you need to watch all of that stuff to understand it. It's tough to put myself in the shoes of a "never played the OG ff7 game" player because I've played it so many times, and it's similar to stuff like whether you've watched AC.

It is only the first part, and it seems like it gives any player enough info to realize that Sephiroth seems to understand he needs to change destiny. But yet it also gives more info to those who have played/seen more FF7 stuff with the future visions and just the knowledge that Aerith and Sephiroth clearly know more than they let on. I'd be curious to get someone who hadn't played FF7 original game's perspective on it. I'd like to think they're left with about the same amount of info we all had through Midgar of the original, but with a little more knowledge that Aerith and Sephiroth seem to know there is something off with destiny/timeline. But if you've actually played the original, Crisis Core, seen AC...you have more info on the different little clues they threw in there.

• 1Like